Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Bought my first diapers ever, posting about my experiences with them

Alright, so I've been into diapers since I was a kid, but first now have I found the courage to actually go and get some :)
The last diaper I've worn was about thirteen years ago (I was 7 at that time), so I don't remember anything about it, maybe except the look of it... I know that it was a Pampers.

What I bought are Goodnites, size L - the girls' variant, because the boys' were out of stock :/ I know they're technically not diapers but these were the easiest to get for me.
After I brought them home the first thing I noticed is the thinness. When packed each diaper has less than a centimeter in width. They really tell the truth when they say that it looks and feels like normal underwear. They also fit in my hiding place (which is really small) perfectly.
Before this I've only had experience with makeshift towel diapers, which were quite thick and didn't hold much. They were also a pain to prepare and put on. Now I'm amazed how easy the process of diapering up has gotten :)
I was worried they might not fit me but with a 35 inch waist they fit perfectly. Only thing they're lacking is a bit more space in the front... but that's to be expected from girls' diapers. Next time I'll time my purchase better and hopefully get the boys' ones.
Right now (still dry) the diaper feels just like underwear to the point where I can just not think about it at all. But if I touch it, it has a distinct "diapery" feel to it so I know what I'm wearing.
I was also worried about the loudness of the crinkle people posted about but I have to say it's not nearly as loud as I feared (though still slightly audible). I wouldn't be afraid to go out in public wearing this underneath my pants.
I'll post more after my first wetting, I'm curious how much it can actually hold.

EDIT1: So I've wet for the first time. Just slightly, I'd say half of my bladder, I didn't really have the need to go much. My first observation is how swollen and warm the front of the diaper has gotten. I haven't experienced anything like that before :) It's nice that I can see exactly which parts of the diaper are holding the fluid and which are still ready to absorb more. Overall an absolutely ecstatic experience :)

Edited by Clark (see edit history)

Since the original post doesn't support any further editing, I guess I'll have to post here.
After the first wetting, I peed once more, and leaked a little through a leghole, so I guess the liquid distribution across the diaper is kinda poor. However I tried taking them on backwards, to use the yet unused side, and that worked... until the moment I sat down. Note to myself: Don't sit down when the most soaked part of the diaper is right under my butt. Unless I want to leak a lot :)

Overall an awesome experience. I tried to measure how much they held afterwards and they ended up weighing about 2.3 pounds, which I think is great.
All in all: They fit well, hold ~2 wettings (but I have to pee slowly otherwise they can leak) and are pretty easy to take on and off. I'll deffinitely buy them again :)

• 7 months later...

And the adventure continues (although with a small delay)!
I've decided I want to try something else besides Goodnites and found out that I could buy Pampers Pants and Pampers Active Baby-Dry, both size 6. I have a 33" waist. Will they fit? Which ones will fit better? I'm a little tempted to go with the Actives, because they're tape and not pullup.