Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Are You Ready for Some Football?

The preseason has begun!  Anyone here into "American" football (not soccer)?  What team do you cheer for?  Is it your local team?

Since I was born, raised, and still live in WI, I love the Packers.  I think it's a state law, lol.  I didn't get into football until the early 2000s, when I found myself needing something to follow after the NASCAR season was over.  I used to only watch it from the end of November to the Superbowl, but I got sucked in, and now watch the preseason and sports news, too.  Love my Packers!

1 hour ago, bobabouy said:

Well.........I have to say I'm a Bears fan.  Growing up in the Chicago area, it was a must.  Besides it was good to have the rivalry with the extended family that are Packers fans.

Oh noes, not da Bears!!!!  Just kidding, I respect other people's love of their home teams.  But, living so close to the IL border, I've had a lot of fun picking on Bears fans over the years, since the Pack tops them just about every time :)

One of my ex husband's many cousins is a starter on the Lions defense, so I pull for them, too.

2 hours ago, wettingman said:

As much as I love football , I have mixed feelings about pre-season starting already. It means my favorite season , summer is almost over . :-(

I live in New York State north of NYC but my favorite team has been the Dallas Cowboys for decades. I have grown weary of losing though. It has been a very long time since they were in the Super Bowl.

I totally feel you about summer being nearly over; it's my favorite season, too, and where I live, there's so little of it.

Yeah, I've noticed the Cowboys haven't been doing so hot the last few years, and they used to be the team to beat!

On 8/13/2016 at 5:18 AM, naughty_lucy420 said:

The preseason has begun!  Anyone here into "American" football (not soccer)?  What team do you cheer for?  Is it your local team?

Since I was born, raised, and still live in WI, I love the Packers.  I think it's a state law, lol.  I didn't get into football until the early 2000s, when I found myself needing something to follow after the NASCAR season was over.  I used to only watch it from the end of November to the Superbowl, but I got sucked in, and now watch the preseason and sports news, too.  Love my Packers!

Die hard vikings fan. So there's a bit of hate but that's only because you were blessed with back to back hall of fame qb

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2016 at 7:53 AM, naughty_lucy420 said:

Oh noes, not da Bears!!!!  Just kidding, I respect other people's love of their home teams.  But, living so close to the IL border, I've had a lot of fun picking on Bears fans over the years, since the Pack tops them just about every time :)

One of my ex husband's many cousins is a starter on the Lions defense, so I pull for them, too.

Without bridgwater Minnesota obviously isn't as good as they were but all jokes aside do you think their defense and AP can take them all the way? With Rodgers you always have a shot lol

I'm a Bills fan.  Yes, it is a tortured existence once football season comes around.

And no, the people in the video did not give up on the season already.  It's a joke (there's a viral video going around from after the Bills/Ravens game, in case you don't know what I'm referencing in which some Bills fans took down the Bills flag and raised the Buffalo Sabres flag and started acting crazy).

• 2 weeks later...