120 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, tsporty1 said:

Tried to find the standings from before the Kansas race but didn't have luck.  But I think you're on the right track with your 4 out, Lucy.

I'd rather see the 22 go, never been a fan of Logano, but he's got a way of coming back like Harvick, so I can't count him out yet.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This weekend taxes in the Xfinity and Sprint Cup Series are the ultimate wild card of the Chase.

And the 22 out would be nice.  Would be better if the 2 and 18 could join him somehow, but losing 32+ points to 2 drivers isn't very likely.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2016 at 7:39 AM, naughty_lucy420 said:

Sparking a discussion...

Tony Stewart's civil trial in the death of Kevin Ward will likely begin next summer.  Regarding the death of Kevin Ward, who do you feel was at fault?

My feelings, Kevin himself.  He climbed into that car while he was under the influence of drugs, which I see as the biggest wrongdoing.  Yes, it was "only" marijuana, but I believe it impacted his judgement after the wreck, and probably impaired his driving abilities during the race.  You would have to be under the influence of something to climb out of a wrecked car and walk out on to a poorly-lit race track, towards traffic, wearing a black driver's suit.  The view from a sprint car is nothing like the view from your sedan; there was no way Tony could have seen him.  I've watched clips of the accident time and time again, and I never saw Tony "swerve towards Kevin" as some people have claimed, he was already driving in that groove on the track long before he reached Kevin.     

iirc, Ward's autopsy showed that he tested positive for marijuana. That doesn't mean he was under the influence at the time, just that he had smoked sometime in the past 2-3 weeks. The way he acted shortly before being struck, he was heated and enraged - in other words, I really doubt someone stoned on marijuana at the time would have been acting in an angry fashion like that. I think blaming the situation on marijuana is absolutely wrong. If you had told me Ward was on meth or drunk, I'd probably believe it. But marijuana? No way.

Regardless, there's no denying that it was poor judgement on his part to get out of his car on an active racetrack and to try and taunt Tony Stewart. Remember, you don't need to be on drugs to be an idiot and make poor choices. I would say that Ward was super angry he got wrecked, and he let his anger cloud his judgement big time. But for what it's worth, Stewart can be a hot head himself, and I do think he was trying to intimidate Ward. I'm pretty sure Stewart's ultimate intentions were to give Ward a scare by driving close to his car. However, I'm also relatively certain that Stewart in no way, shape or form meant to strike Ward. I would also assume that Stewart had no idea that Ward would be so foolish as to not only walk out onto the racetrack, but to also step AWAY from his car and put himself in such an awfully dangerous position. Even if Stewart had been driving around in a soft, passive and non-Tony-Stewart-like fashion, Ward still allowed himself to enter an incredibly unsafe area of the track. Stewart cannot be blamed for that.

In the end, it was two hot-headed and angry drivers in an intense moment, and it unfortunately led to a tragic accident. In the heat of the moment, I'm sure drivers often forget about safety and the risks involved. I ultimately feel both drivers are somewhat responsible. Ward should have stayed in his car, and Stewart should have been more careful to avoid Ward during the caution period. But in my personal opinion, Stewart should NOT be held civilly responsible. He had no intention of hitting Ward (I assume), and Ward put himself at risk by going on to the racetrack and motioning towards Stewart. Plus, like you said, it was a poorly lit track, and Ward was wearing a black driver's suit. If Stewart could have avoided Ward, he would have done exactly that. But with the way Ward put himself out there like that, he had no chance.

Edited by poads
typo
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, poads said:

iirc, Ward's autopsy showed that he tested positive for marijuana. That doesn't mean he was under the influence at the time, just that he had smoked sometime in the past 2-3 weeks. The way he acted shortly before being struck, he was heated and enraged - in other words, I really doubt someone stoned on marijuana at the time would have been acting in an angry fashion like that. I think blaming the situation on marijuana is absolutely wrong. If you had told me Ward was on meth or drunk, I'd probably believe it. But marijuana? No way.

Ward's toxicology revealed a level of marijuana in his system that could only indicate he was under the influence during the race.  Marijuana is a drug, and drugs impact decision making and focus, and how it impacts someone varies from person to person, and on the strain used.  I'm not blaming the situation on the marijuana, I'm blaming the situation on Ward's decision to use it right before climbing into a sprint car.  If he had used alcohol, meth, crack, anything else but pot, I don't think this lawsuit would even be moving forward.  But, people want to see marijuana as benign, like nothing more than smoking a cigarette.

And, Stewart may have a reputation as a hot head, but he doesn't have a reputation of being a danger on the track.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One other thing to remember, Ward was almost hit by another car as he was walking down the track.  The other car swerved at the very last second and barely missed Ward.  I think if that other car had hit Ward, there wouldn't be a lawsuit, either.  I think it's just because Stewart was the one to hit him, the family is seeing dollar signs and going forward with a civil suit. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My heart is broken today...I wanted Truex and Elliott to advance soooo bad!  (And Logano to NOT advance)

Eliminated from the Chase: #3-Dillon, #78-Truex Jr., #24-Elliott and #2-Keselowski

New Grid:

1 - Joey Logano
2 - Jimmie Johnson
3 - Kevin Harvick
4 - Matt Kenseth
5 - Carl Edwards
6 - Denny Hamlin
7 - Kurt Busch
8 - Kyle Busch

from jayski.com

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a heartbreaker for sure.  This chase format is one capricious mistress. Go Carl?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, theHindrew said:

That was a heartbreaker for sure.  This chase format is one capricious mistress. Go Carl?

Go everyone!  Except Joey.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing Truex get booted from the chase for an engine failure was a big bummer to me. He had one of the most dominant records this season, and it really sucks that his year essentially came to an end because of an engine failure at the worst possible time. I'm not a fan of Truex or anything (I'm mostly neutral), but I do enjoy rooting for smaller teams like his. I don't feel like going on a big rant or anything, but moments like that are why I'm not a fan of the current championship format. Nascar says they're trying to set up more of those "game 7 moments", but I think it's bogus. Sorry Nascar, not every championship should have a "game 7 moment". Unfortunately, there are one-sided Super Bowls, 4-0 World Series, etc. from time to time. Forcing the issue the way they have only makes it one big crap shoot. The previous format made the true nail-biting finishes all that more special. Truex (and Keselowski  for that matter) shouldn't have had their entire seasons wasted due to one engine failure. It just isn't right. I think the old version of the Chase was a better solution, in that it kept things closer and more exciting, while still not putting such a grossly strong emphasis on individual races. And the championships were still generally exciting (Edwards and Stewart tied for crying out loud!) Anyway, rant over.

On a side note, I think Nascar made a (rare) good decision on the limiting of Cup drivers in lower series. The point of the Xfinity and Truck series is to allow younger, up-and-coming drivers to make a name for themselves, and this will allow them to do just that. However, they will still get to race against the big names in the competition from time to time. I think that's a very good balance, and I applaud the move. Mostly though, it will just be nice to not see Kyle Busch in victory lane every week!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, poads said:

Seeing Truex get booted from the chase for an engine failure was a big bummer to me. He had one of the most dominant records this season, and it really sucks that his year essentially came to an end because of an engine failure at the worst possible time. I'm not a fan of Truex or anything (I'm mostly neutral), but I do enjoy rooting for smaller teams like his. I don't feel like going on a big rant or anything, but moments like that are why I'm not a fan of the current championship format. Nascar says they're trying to set up more of those "game 7 moments", but I think it's bogus. Sorry Nascar, not every championship should have a "game 7 moment". Unfortunately, there are one-sided Super Bowls, 4-0 World Series, etc. from time to time. Forcing the issue the way they have only makes it one big crap shoot. The previous format made the true nail-biting finishes all that more special. Truex (and Keselowski  for that matter) shouldn't have had their entire seasons wasted due to one engine failure. It just isn't right. I think the old version of the Chase was a better solution, in that it kept things closer and more exciting, while still not putting such a grossly strong emphasis on individual races. And the championships were still generally exciting (Edwards and Stewart tied for crying out loud!) Anyway, rant over.

On a side note, I think Nascar made a (rare) good decision on the limiting of Cup drivers in lower series. The point of the Xfinity and Truck series is to allow younger, up-and-coming drivers to make a name for themselves, and this will allow them to do just that. However, they will still get to race against the big names in the competition from time to time. I think that's a very good balance, and I applaud the move. Mostly though, it will just be nice to not see Kyle Busch in victory lane every week!

Agreed on both points!

On the Chase...  The reason I don't like it is that it doesn't really support drivers who are consistent all season long, which is basically what you said.  It's been a peeve of mine ever since it's inception.  I think it would help somewhat if they didn't reset everyone's points to be equal every time there's a cut.

On the Buschwhackers...  I think NASCAR let it go so long because those big-name drivers attract people to the track.  As a child, I went to pretty much all of the ASA and ARCA races at our local track, but the big crowds only showed up when Winston Cup guys decided to drive in them.  But it's not something that happened every race.  It did allow me to meet and hang out with all the Wallaces, and see Earnhardt on the track in that legendary 3 :)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first two years of the new Chase format have gotten it way wrong with a winner take all race at the end.  Yes, it creates drama, but NASCAR isn't suited for playoffs like other sports are.  And two of the top 3 drivers in terms of consistency this season can't make the Championship 4, so it kind of loses legitimacy IMO.

And I'm actually surprised that NASCAR is taking a chance with limiting the top series drivers in the lower series'.  The big names may attract some of the fans and sponsors, so to do something that could lead to the potential loss of money is kind of befuddling.  But young drivers will get a chance, so I guess it's a toss-up. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if NASCAR is hoping that that can improve attendance at the sprint cup races by keeping the big names from the bush leagues. Attendance seems to be decreasing year after year.  

As for the format, it's contrived for sure, but the whole system is contrived - the free pass, competition cautions, etc. The whole thing seems to be designed to prevent a runaway car or team from dominating everything.  But it's the same in all sports. There always seems to be some effort to keep the field together.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, theHindrew said:

I wonder if NASCAR is hoping that that can improve attendance at the sprint cup races by keeping the big names from the bush leagues. Attendance seems to be decreasing year after year. 

I think attendance is decreasing because it's so expensive to attend a Sprint Cup race, and a lot of people just can't afford it.  The cost of everything in general just keeps going up, but the paychecks for most people are not.  I can only dream of one day being able to attend a race at NASCAR's highest level.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2016 at 4:23 PM, naughty_lucy420 said:

Or not, haha.  I'm just wondering if there are any other fans out there.  If you are into NASCAR, who are your favorite drivers right now?  Favorite tracks/races?  How long have you been into it?

I've been into NASCAR since 1986, when I started watching with my dad, and I got hooked right away.  Before long, I knew more about it than he did.  My favorite driver was Rusty, and I actually got to meet him once when I was a kid and he ran in a race at my local track.  Of course, the races at the Milwaukee Mile are my favorites, because they're the only ones I've ever experienced live.  Favorite tracks are Bristol, Martinsville, Pocono, and Talladega.  My current favorite drivers are:  Tony Stewart (amazing comeback!), Chase Elliott, Ryan Blaney, Martin Truex Jr., and Kyle Busch.  I didn't used to like Kyle Busch until I realized who his driving style and skills reminded me of:  The late, great, Dale Earnhardt.

I grew up a few miles from a track that has some national note; ARCA sometimes races there. I really grew up a fan of the Indy 500. I knew about and sometimes watched the Daytona 500 the over the years as I lost interest in baseball and football i found NAScAR was on nearly every weekend from Feb. through Oct. I saw Richard petty's last race which was also jeff Gordon's first race. Jeff Gordon moved to Indiana to be able to race at the age of 9 or so. Smoke (Tony Stewart) is a native Hoosier, and I consider myself a native Hoosier. I remain a fan of HMS although Kyle Busch needed to grow up, and when he wrecked Jr. and both cars were out, Jr beyond repair, KB left the track while his garage crew put his car back together and was ready to put it bsck on track. But no Busch. Who did they find to drive Busch's car? Jr!!

I was never a fan of Dale Sr; he was too selfish and to ready to wreck anybody around him. I fear Jr. may be too much of a nice guy to be successful. 

My favorites had been Gordon until he retired, Stewart, Mark Martin, anybody driving for HMS. Since Busch suffered the broken leg and missed the first 10 or so races he matured greatly. This year, I was so happy to see Truex do so well with the story of his girlfriend and ovarian cancer. True haertbreak that he is out. I would like ot be a fan of Danica but she in the end just does not have the skill. Janet Guthrie did, Patty Moise might have had the skill. There is a great group coming, Kyle Larson, Chase Elliot, Ryan Blaney, Chris Buescher, Eric Jones, Darrell Wallace, Cole Custer. I was thrilled to see Brett Moffit win a truck race. The one driver I wasn to see out more than any other is Logano, followed by Edwards and Kenseth.

I've been part of a fantasy league for about 6 years or so. I also run several single-entry legues of my owm. one is called Waters Around you (actually a line from a Bob Dylan song) that is a Stewart Haas league, and another where I run the NACAR.com suggested lineup. So far my main league is far outdoing the NASCAR.com suggested lineup.

I do not like the current chase format. I think it would be vastly improved by two things: anybody who wins during the chase races is in for the championship to the end. Second, make the best average finish of the last two race the champion, with one of the two being a new road coarse race at, for example road Atlanta followed by Homestead.

My favorite track is Indy followed by Pocono, Michigan, Autoclub etc. I do not like the restrictor plate crash-fests. I am beginning to like the the short tracks Bristol, Martinsville, Richmond, etc. 

 

Does anyone follow F1? I very much hope Lewis Hamilton can overcome the reliability problems that have him running behind Rosberg this year. It would be great to have a tie going into the last race. I hope Haas cn soon become a top-flight team with American drivers (Alexander Rossi, Scott Speed if his health permits, maybe somebody from NASCAR).

Edited by scinosensation
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2016 at 1:32 AM, scinosensation said:

I grew up a few miles from a track that has some national note; ARCA sometimes races there. I really grew up a fan of the Indy 500. I knew about and sometimes watched the Daytona 500 the over the years as I lost interest in baseball and football i found NAScAR was on nearly every weekend from Feb. through Oct. I saw Richard petty's last race which was also jeff Gordon's first race. Jeff Gordon moved to Indiana to be able to race at the age of 9 or so. Smoke (Tony Stewart) is a native Hoosier, and I consider myself a native Hoosier. I remain a fan of HMS although Kyle Busch needed to grow up, and when he wrecked Jr. and both cars were out, Jr beyond repair, KB left the track while his garage crew put his car back together and was ready to put it bsck on track. But no Busch. Who did they find to drive Busch's car? Jr!!

I was never a fan of Dale Sr; he was too selfish and to ready to wreck anybody around him. I fear Jr. may be too much of a nice guy to be successful. 

My favorites had been Gordon until he retired, Stewart, Mark Martin, anybody driving for HMS. Since Busch suffered the broken leg and missed the first 10 or so races he matured greatly. This year, I was so happy to see Truex do so well with the story of his girlfriend and ovarian cancer. True haertbreak that he is out. I would like ot be a fan of Danica but she in the end just does not have the skill. Janet Guthrie did, Patty Moise might have had the skill. There is a great group coming, Kyle Larson, Chase Elliot, Ryan Blaney, Chris Buescher, Eric Jones, Darrell Wallace, Cole Custer. I was thrilled to see Brett Moffit win a truck race. The one driver I wasn to see out more than any other is Logano, followed by Edwards and Kenseth.

I've been part of a fantasy league for about 6 years or so. I also run several single-entry legues of my owm. one is called Waters Around you (actually a line from a Bob Dylan song) that is a Stewart Haas league, and another where I run the NACAR.com suggested lineup. So far my main league is far outdoing the NASCAR.com suggested lineup.

I do not like the current chase format. I think it would be vastly improved by two things: anybody who wins during the chase races is in for the championship to the end. Second, make the best average finish of the last two race the champion, with one of the two being a new road coarse race at, for example road Atlanta followed by Homestead.

My favorite track is Indy followed by Pocono, Michigan, Autoclub etc. I do not like the restrictor plate crash-fests. I am beginning to like the the short tracks Bristol, Martinsville, Richmond, etc. 

 

Does anyone follow F1? I very much hope Lewis Hamilton can overcome the reliability problems that have him running behind Rosberg this year. It would be great to have a tie going into the last race. I hope Haas cn soon become a top-flight team with American drivers (Alexander Rossi, Scott Speed if his health permits, maybe somebody from NASCAR).

I don't follow F1.  Has Scott Speed been struggling with his Crohn's?  I saw him race in another series not that long ago, and he looked good.

Oh, I agree the Chase needs a road course! 

My home track is the Milwaukee Mile, which had something going on at it nearly every weekend when I was growing up, and if we weren't up North, I always went with my dad.  After the race was over, they would open the gate and let everyone out on to the track, and into the pits.  I used to pick up small pieces from wrecked cars, and get as many autographs from drivers as I could.  Sometimes they'd let us sit in their cars.  Mike Wallace invited us into his hauler to hang out for awhile.  Another time, I got to meet Rusty, and sit in his lap; surprised he let me, because he was wearing that white Kodiak driver's suit, and I was a mess with chocolate ice cream.  Rusty was my favorite driver as a kid.

I remember Kyle's tantrum that day.  Gosh, was he a piece of work back then.  Never forget when he smashed his trophy guitar either.  Granted, it was his to do what he wanted with, but it was disrespectful to the artist.  So many "Kyle Busch is an ass" moments...  But, not anymore.  I think he's one of the best out there at this point.

I would love to get behind Danica, too, but she's just not that good.  Joannah Long was good, whatever happened to her?

I'm not a part of fantasy racing, except for picking drivers for other people.  Maybe next season I could get in your pool?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, naughty_lucy420 said:

I don't follow F1.  Has Scott Speed been struggling with his Crohn's?  I saw him race in another series not that long ago, and he looked good.

Oh, I agree the Chase needs a road course! 

My home track is the Milwaukee Mile, which had something going on at it nearly every weekend when I was growing up, and if we weren't up North, I always went with my dad.  After the race was over, they would open the gate and let everyone out on to the track, and into the pits.  I used to pick up small pieces from wrecked cars, and get as many autographs from drivers as I could.  Sometimes they'd let us sit in their cars.  Mike Wallace invited us into his hauler to hang out for awhile.  Another time, I got to meet Rusty, and sit in his lap; surprised he let me, because he was wearing that white Kodiak driver's suit, and I was a mess with chocolate ice cream.  Rusty was my favorite driver as a kid.

I remember Kyle's tantrum that day.  Gosh, was he a piece of work back then.  Never forget when he smashed his trophy guitar either.  Granted, it was his to do what he wanted with, but it was disrespectful to the artist.  So many "Kyle Busch is an ass" moments...  But, not anymore.  I think he's one of the best out there at this point.

I would love to get behind Danica, too, but she's just not that good.  Joannah Long was good, whatever happened to her?

I'm not a part of fantasy racing, except for picking drivers for other people.  Maybe next season I could get in your pool?

 

I had not been aware of what happened to Scott Speed until your comment that he wore diapers. At the time he had ulcerative colitis, had lost a lot of weight and was seriously anemic from losing so much blood. His endurance was gone; he could drive, and drive fast for about 3 laps then had to give up.  He was the 2015 and 2016 Red Bull Global Rallycross champion for Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross team.  I do not know for sure whether he has recovered fully or just has learned how to manage his problems. 

As far as I can tell Johanna Long has dropped off the map; she seemed to have the potential to be a top flight driver but maybe Danica sucked out all the oxygen for a woman driver? Jenifer Jo Cobb seems to me to be too much of a hot head to succeed.

I have been to very few live races. When I was 6 we went to a (sprint? midget?) race where the headliner was the previous year's Indy 500 winer. He drove like a maniac, went over the fence and was killed. The next live race I went to was the 1995 Indy 500 race with the big wreck in turn 1 of lap 1 that took out about half the field, including Lyn St. James. The front of Stan Fox's car was sheared off and he was sliding along the track with his legs on the track. He was life flighted to Methodist but surprisingly recovered, only to be killed in a traffic accident later that year!

Kyle Busch was an even worse brat than his older brother and was the only HMS driver of whom I was not a fan. When he smashed the guitar trophy I thought he was trying to imitate one of the hard rock bands (the WHO?) that smashed guitars during their performances, but I agree it was very bad taste and disrespectful for him to do that. His broken leg seems to have knocked some sense into him, but after Martinsville i wouldn't be too surprised to see him wreck a teammate.   

Since I was injured and confined to a wheelchair I have not even tried to go to a race. There was a local track, as in we could hear it on race nights, but it has been shut down after a gruesome accident. 

 

Your experience with the Wallaces is absolutely awesome. If I had similar experiences I would be a life-long fan too.

Next year when the fantasy league is set up again, usually the week before Daytona, I'll be sure to let you know. We started with the now defunct ESPN league and now do the NASCAR.com league with its screwy points system. You would be the third female, among 12 males. As of Martinsville one of the two women is the league leader.

11 minutes ago, naughty_lucy420 said:

Jayski.com is one of about 4 websites I keep open 24/7!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@scinosensation I used to be an F1 fan, I still the cars are amazing, but the racing wasn't brilliant for a while so I've stopped watching.  I did see a few live races in Montreal - including one were a Renault (I think) lost brakes and went straight into the wall at the end of the hairpin.  He walked away, but the night before someone crashed a vintage F1 - an ex. Gilles Villeneuve Ferrari I think and he had to be airlifted.  The best racing on those weekends was either the civics or the ferrari one-make races. It's so much better when the cars are evenly matched and can pass. I think that's why I switched to NASCAR.    WRC is my favorite series though I haven't seen it lately - those drivers and just something else entirely.  And the noises those little cars make - love it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, scinosensation said:

I had not been aware of what happened to Scott Speed until your comment that he wore diapers. At the time he had ulcerative colitis, had lost a lot of weight and was seriously anemic from losing so much blood. His endurance was gone; he could drive, and drive fast for about 3 laps then had to give up.  He was the 2015 and 2016 Red Bull Global Rallycross champion for Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross team.  I do not know for sure whether he has recovered fully or just has learned how to manage his problems. 

 

Next year when the fantasy league is set up again, usually the week before Daytona, I'll be sure to let you know. We started with the now defunct ESPN league and now do the NASCAR.com league with its screwy points system. You would be the third female, among 12 males. As of Martinsville one of the two women is the league leader.

Jayski.com is one of about 4 websites I keep open 24/7!

Oh, it's UC he's got, I said Crohn's, my bad.  And yes, that's what I saw him racing in, Rallycross.  Hope he's doing okay.

Yes, please let me know about the fantasy league!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, naughty_lucy420 said:

Oh, it's UC he's got, I said Crohn's, my bad.  And yes, that's what I saw him racing in, Rallycross.  Hope he's doing okay.

Yes, please let me know about the fantasy league!

Crohn's and UC are very similar and both bad news. Both can lead to uncontrollable diarrhea. Both may show blood in the stool. The anemia that was nearly career ending for Speed is more characteristic of UC. I've known people with Crohn's that actually wished for colon cancer so they could have the large intestine removed. No need for any kind of apology. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, theHindrew said:

@scinosensation I used to be an F1 fan, I still the cars are amazing, but the racing wasn't brilliant for a while so I've stopped watching.  I did see a few live races in Montreal - including one were a Renault (I think) lost brakes and went straight into the wall at the end of the hairpin.  He walked away, but the night before someone crashed a vintage F1 - an ex. Gilles Villeneuve Ferrari I think and he had to be airlifted.  The best racing on those weekends was either the civics or the ferrari one-make races. It's so much better when the cars are evenly matched and can pass. I think that's why I switched to NASCAR.    WRC is my favorite series though I haven't seen it lately - those drivers and just something else entirely.  And the noises those little cars make - love it. 

I first got interested in F1 when Michael Andretti (owner of the WRC 2015  and 2016 championships) tried F1. It was often just a high speed parade, the winner of which was often determined at turn 1 of lap 1. What I find most attractive about it is the high tech nature of the cars and the freedom each team has to design their cars within the specs. The tire requirements and the DRS system seem too contrived however, and the ability of a team to compete is too dependent on the resources available to it.

I am not familiar with the events in Montreal to which you refer, but certainly some of the brightest stats have died in races or practice. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't even know what to say...  Shaking my head...

From jayski.com

Trump-Pence on the #55 at Texas: Premium Motorsports [#55 & #98] posted images to their Facebook page of the #55 being prepared for this weekend's race at Texas Motor Speedway, wrapped in support of the Trump-Pence Presidential campaign. Reed Sorenson will drive the car. There was no mention of the #98 team, which was withdrawn from the field last weekend at Martinsville. See images of the car on the #55 team paint schemes page.(11-3-2016)

55trump-shop-collage.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, naughty_lucy420 said:

I don't even know what to say...  Shaking my head...

From jayski.com

Trump-Pence on the #55 at Texas: Premium Motorsports [#55 & #98] posted images to their Facebook page of the #55 being prepared for this weekend's race at Texas Motor Speedway, wrapped in support of the Trump-Pence Presidential campaign. Reed Sorenson will drive the car. There was no mention of the #98 team, which was withdrawn from the field last weekend at Martinsville. See images of the car on the #55 team paint schemes page.(11-3-2016)

55trump-shop-collage.jpg

I too am speechless. I guess there are no restrictions on who can fund a car.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm imagining how well a hillary car would go down at a NASCAR race in Texas. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.