Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome, one and all, to the kingdom of Amriota. This will be my first omorashi story (note: I have done interactive stories before, and am an active D.M.), so please bear with any lackluster omo desc

You finish putting on your outfit, pulling your long, red hair out of the shirt. As you do so, a woman's voice calls to you. "Lady Ellie, may I enter?"  "Yeah." you respond. Leanna, your mai

"Yeah, I think I'm going to see Michael," you reply. "Sword fighting might come in handy for the trial." "I see. He'll be pleased, you are his favorite student. I wouldn't be surprised if he like

Posted Images

You reopen the book and flip to the page saying ""guide". You read the instructions again, and write down your question. "What... Does... This... Do," you mutter as you write. As soon as you finish the question mark, the ink glows silver, before vanishing. Almost simultaneously, new writing appears on the page. It is very plain writing, with none of the personality of handwriting. It's more like normal script in a book than anything. 
THIS GUIDE ANSWERS QUESTIONS. THERE WILL NOT ALWAYS BE ENOUGH INFORMATION, THOUGH.
"Huh..."  you say, closing it again. You check your timestone. Suddenly, you realize how much time you've wasted in the town. You make sure your bag is secured, and race out of town.

The cave is well hidden, you realize. On either side are two large bushes, obscuring the entrance and very large rocks are scattered around, about the same size as the cave. Goblins aren't this smart. It must have been made by  someone else.
You walk a bit closer, and are hit with a stench beyond measure. It reeks of sweat, vomit, feces, urine, blood, and decay, all at once. You stumble backwards a step or two, trying to prevent your breakfast from making a reappearance. You manage to succeed in that, but the stench is overpowering. You pull out your medallion, and, willing power into it, lower your sense of smell until you can ignore it. You loosen your Broadsword in it's sheath, and prepare yourself. 
What should you do?

-Charge in, sword swinging (Magic, or actual Sword?)
-Try to sneak in
-Try to get some goblins to reach an agreement to let you talk to their king
- Other
Pre-emptive measures
-Boost stats (spell or potion)
-Find a place to pee (specify)

STATS

HP: 100/100

Stamina: 100% (40/40)

Bladder: 50% 

Hunger: 60%

Att: 10 (power of your attacks)

Def: 4 (power of your defence)

Spd: 1 (how fast you can move)

Mag: 2 (your magic attack and mp) (mp: 100%)

Res: 2 (your magic defense)

Skill: 2 (your chance to hit or dodge)

Inventory: 

-Nalin (+50 Stamina, +30 bladder)

-50 gold

-Map

-Earth Amulet: Allows you to use earth magic and receive power and health regen from ley lines. (Spell: Ley Line Regen)

-Journal: 2/20 entries (seen by request), has a mysterious 'guide'

-Broadsword: Att +8, Def +3, Speed -3

-Health potion (2): Restores 10% hp

-Mana potion: Restores 20% mp

-Stat+2 potion (2): Boosts one stat by 2 for a short period of time

You slowly tiptoe into towards the cave. There aren't any sentinels, it seems, because you make it inside safely. You keep close to the walls, heading further and further inside. As you turn the corner, you see blue wisps floating along the corridor, releasing a cool, relaxing light everywhere. The horrid smell is gone, and now you actually smell something delicious. It smells almost like stew, but more... Aromatic. 

Suddenly, you hear a noise and hide. Two goblins have come out of nowhere and are walking towards the entrance. The one in front seems slightly jittery, and is holding a crude knife. The one behind him is dressed in what appears to be a well made robe, and is walking with a staff carved with mystic symbols. He appears exasperated, but there's no way he could be. Goblins are too dumb to have emotions that complex, right?

The one in the front stops abruptly. He lifts his nose in the air and starts to sniff. His head snaps around and he looks straight into your eyes. A cackle bursts out of his mouth, and he screeches hysterically.

"Look, look! Human! Me pokey pokey! Heheheheehee!" he charges towards you, knife aloft, chanting, "Pokey! Pokey! Pokey!"

The other one holds up his hand. "Gronk, no!" He calls. "Don't do that, you imbecile!" 

What? How could this goblin talk like that? It makes no sense at all. Goblins are supposed to be less intelligent than cows!

"Gronk, wait!" the second one cries again. "Stop that immediately!" He lifts his staff, and points it at the other goblin. A shimmering orb of light begins to form around it. 

What do you do?

-Fight the goblins 

-Run

-Let the second goblin take care of 'Gronk'

-Defend yourself

Def: 4 (power of your defense)

Inventory: 

-50 gold

-Map

-Earth Amulet: Allows you to use earth magic and receive power and health regen from ley lines. (Spell: Ley Line Regen)

You step backwards a bit, your hand on your sword's hilt. The goblin screams, "POKEY!!!" one last time, and leaps into the air. You pull your sword out to block the strike...

That never happens. The other goblin had finished his spell, and shot a beam of light at"Gronk", who is now floating helplessly in midair, flailing about, trying to stab you. He wipes off his brow and approaches you. 
"Good day, miss. I am known as Brilton. I'm sorry about Gronk over there. Please forgive us for that rude welcome."
"What's going on?!?" you ask. "I heard that you guys were dumb as bricks- no offense," you finish lamely. Brilton waves his hand airily at you.
"Human propaganda," he explains. "Neither I nor my brethren have any quarrel with you or your kind, but for some reason, they detest us. Most wouldn't have hesitated like you did. They would have cleaved Gronk in two, and myself immediately after."
"So what you're saying is that you guys don't want us all dead? What about all the goblins who attack anyone near the mountains?"
"Ahhh. That is a rather unfortunate story. You see, a human wizard managed to make a disease that drives goblins insane, like Gronk here. Any who contract it lose intelligence, and become extremely violent. The mountain goblins all caught it, but most of us are luckily immune. We send those who get it, like Gronk, to the mountains as well. Your kingdom's founder used this to spread misconceptions about us, and so we remain in that image to you. We send messengers to every king when they are crowned, but they always get killed or injured." He shook his head sadly, making some sort of gesture in the air. You don't understand it, but something about it seems sorrowful. Brilton lifts his head again. 
"Not all humans are like that, of course. Some even visit us. We have some visitors now, if you want to meet them," he says, leading you towards a set of giant doors and away from Gronk, who is apparently trying to swim towards you, to no avail.
The doors are huge, and carved into beautiful images and strange symbols. Pictures depict goblins dancing around a fire, fighting as an army against some strange, nonhuman foe, and playing cards, among millions of others. Brilton touches his staff to the door, and it opens into a long, dark corridor. 
"After you," he offers, gesturing.

What do you do?
-Go in: he seems to be friendly enough...
-Refuse to enter: he must be the genius of goblins... It has to be a trap!
-Insist that he go first: If it is a trap, he'll probably activate it first, but if it isn't, it would seem rude...
-Attack him: he's a goblin! They're all liars!

Edited by guest (see edit history)

You hesitate for a second, before deciding to trust the goblin. However, you certainly did NOT want to go in there first. 
"Uh, Brilton, would you mind walking in front? I don't want to accidentally wander somewhere I shouldn't..."
The goblin chuckles. "Of course. There are no traps here, anyway." 
This worries you slightly. This goblin was VERY perceptive. "Follow me," he said, and leads you down the corridor. 

The walk is actually pretty long, but when the tunnel lightens up, you find yourself in a huge cavern, with a large hole in the center. You approach the hole out of curiosity, and see lava bubbling a few hundred feet down it, providing some light and a lot of warmth. The majority of the light, though, is produced by more wisps, and the air still smells like stew.
"Welcome to the underground village of Sharano," Brilton says.
You flinch. "Sharano? The mythical cavern of death?!?"
"Ha ha ha! No, that's more propaganda. Sharano literally means 'Hope Underground', so you could call it the Cavern of Hope." You relax at this. You don't know why, but you feel like you are at home here. No need to be so fidgety. "Would you like to see the other visitors?"
"Yes, please!"
"Ok, follow me." Brilton begins leading you through a few more tunnels, passing many rooms. You see many different goblins doing more sophisticated tasks than you could have thought. The most impressive was probably the two playing chess, but that was just your opinion. Many wave as you pass. One runs over and begins talking quickly to Brilton. He nods twice, and responds. He then turns to you. "After this, I should probably introduce you to our king. Ah, here we go."
The two of you approach a ring of goblins around a campfire. As you draw nearer, you stop suddenly as you see the human Brilton was taking about. He looks up at you, shock written all over his face.

"Ellie?!? What are you doing here?" Will asks.

What do you tell him? (keep in mind that the goblins will hear anything you say.)
-Open ended!!!

Don't forget: your quest is to steal a divine artifact that the goblins found. You could snatch it, ask for it, or just go on a murderous rampage.

"Yes, why are you here?" Brilton asks. "I never did ask you."
"Wait, so you led me in here without thinking that I might slaughter you all?" you ask. 
"Do you really think so?" Brilton replies. "We have an enchantment up. Any who enter the cave with malicious intent will learn instead how intelligent a dragon is."
"We're off topic," Will interjects. "Ellie. Why are you here?" 
"I was sent by my king to get an relic that he said you guys had. But I ... I was planning on killing you when I arrived. That is, before I actually realized that you weren't psychopaths," you admit.
Brilton nodded. "Well, then you didn't enter with plans of killing us. You planned on retrieving this item. What is it?"
"It's supposedly a stone statuette of a sword," you say. 
Will raises one eyebrow. "Your king sent you for this?"
"Yes?"
He turns to Brilton, and the two begin speaking in a language you don't understand. It looks like they're arguing, but neither is speaking loudly. Another goblin tries to say something, but Will turns to him and says something. The goblin sits down quickly. Finally, the two turn to you. 
"Miss Ellie," Brilton begins. "You can have sword."
"Thank you!" you respond. He raises his finger.
"However, the sword chooses who can use it. If it rejects you, you may not have it."
"Okay, so what does that mean?" you ask. 
"This sword is powerful, Ellie," Will states. "If you want it, it will test you." 
You already knew this quest would be dangerous, so without hesitation you say, "I'm willing to try."
Brilton stands up. "Very well. Follow me."He begins to lead you through the tunnels, until you come to a large room with a large rock in the middle. 
"Touch the rock," Brilton says. "And, if you are ready, the trial will begin." 
You reach out and lay your hand on the rock. Immediately you hear a voice in your head, so loud that it seems to block out your thoughts.
ELEANOR, DO YOU WISH TO ATTEMPT MY TRIAL, WITH THE FULL KNOWLEDGE MAY BE DEATH? 
"Yes," you respond, feeling slightly more unsure about yourself. 
THERE ARE THREE PARTS. THERE WILL BE A TRIAL OF MIND, OF POWER, AND OF SPIRIT. WE SHALL BEGIN THE FIRST TRIAL.
The rock begins to glow, turning bright blue, and becoming transparent, like a gem. A beam of light bursts out of it, landing on the floor, transforming into a dragon made of blue light. TO TEST YOUR MIND, DEFEAT THIS PHANTOM DRAGON. The dragon throws back it's head, rears up, and lets out a roar powerful enough to shake the ceiling. Blue fire flickers in it's nostrils as it falls back onto all fours. 

What do you do?
-Attack with your sword!
-Use a spell! (Stat +1, Power Shot, Ley Line search)
-Use a Boost potion!
-Other 

STATS

Stamina: 100% (30/40)

Inventory: 

-50 gold

-Map

As the dragon roars again, you reach for the power in your core and let it flow into your hand. An orb of energy fills your palm, and you hurl it at the dragon.  (-15% mp). The mighty blast of magic surges forwards- and sails straight through the dragon, crashing into the wall behind it. 
The dragon lifts it's paw and smashes the ground. Ripples of blue energy explode outwards, but dissipate before they touch you. The real danger, though, are the rocks falling from the ceiling. They miss you, but they were very close. You leap back, and focus your mind on trying to find the veins of energy in the earth. You sense one, albeit faintly, and reach out your mind to touch it, but then the dragon takes a swipe at you, forcing you to dodge and breaking your weak connection. It turns it's head so one eye is facing you, which begins to glow red. You can feel the power gathering around it.

What do you do?
-Attack with your sword! 
-Cast a spell! (Power Shot, Stat +1, Ley Line connection)
-Defend yourself! (No attack)
-Unequip your sword to attack! (Increases speed, to let you dodge more easily. Don't forget, you can use Stat +1 or boost potions to up your attack)
-Use a potion! (Stat +2, mp potion)
-Try to speak to it! (NOTE: this IS NOT guaranteed to work. The dragon is a challenge, not a challenger.)

STATS

HP: 100/100 (100%)

Mp: 85%

Att:10 (power of your attacks)

Mag: 2 (your magic attack and mp)

Inventory: 

-50 gold

-Map

Magic:

-Stat +1: enhance one of your stats +1 for a short time. Can stack. (5-15% mp)

-Power Shot: a non-elemental blast of energy that can be powered up by an element (15% mp)

-Ley Line (passive)- Search and connect to Ley Lines for regenerative effects. Needs focus to connect. 

4 hours ago, hyperman said:

Power shot, it didn't say that the trials were in the order they were told to you, if that makes sense.

Actually, the voice said that this was the trial of the mind. (TO TEST YOUR MIND, DEFEAT THIS PHANTOM DRAGON)