Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Post A Ecchi Pic a Day thread

I don't want to disparage the work that went into the Mega Man X6 Tweaks hack, because it is very impressive. An easy-to-use program with an insane amount of options to tighten up X6, all to your individual specifications. I just got off the Mega Man X5 Improvement, which was an all-or-nothing singular patch, so this was nice. Unfortunately, X6 is just too flawed a game to fix. Does the hack make it better? Absolutely. There's a complete retranslation option, some small fixes thrown in, and most importantly, the ability to completely disable all Nightmare effects. It is the preferred way to play Mega Man X6. Unfortunately, it can't do anything for Blaze Heatnix's stage. It can't do anything for Gate Stage 2. It can't do anything for the fights with High Max and Gate. Even with the fixes, X6 is still an abysmally bad experience, which just goes to show how deeply flawed the original game was. There's no way around it, it needs to be completely remade to salvage the project. Maybe one of those source code decompilations would give us the freedom to get it right.

It's a shame X6 is so horrendous, because at least from a story perspective, it's the only time my girl Alia has gotten attention. I'd still call X8 her shining moment since she's actually playable in that one (though her inability to use X's armors makes her the worst navigator to play as), but I want to like whatever Alia's in.

raTEqQ0.png

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. The remake. Not the remake remake, just the regular remake. DX on the GBC. I've owned that since before the Switch remake, so I didn't want to spend $60 on a remake of a game I already owned that I hadn't completed and therefore didn't know if I liked. So now that it's done, I can say that I didn't like it. I think it's just too old, but then again, I had several issues that weren't present in Link to the Past, which predates it. It's short and there's not really "sidequests" outside of Heart Pieces and Secret Seashells, but the world is annoying to walk across with very few warp points, the map doesn't show where to go next, you have to complete the trading sequence, which I thought was a sidequest, to beat the game, several objectives just aren't spelled out well, it all led to me having to check a guide online far more often than usual. Plus, always pausing the game to change items, and some of the dungeons being annoying, led to it being a frustrating experience that I just wanted over with. I'm sure the Switch remake is better, but not good enough for me.

Like I said, I thought the back half of the trading sequence was optional, and I only discovered otherwise at the very end, which led to a quick backtrack to get all that out of the way. So Martha the mermaid went as long as possible without having her bra returned.

g9EgJgQ.jpg