Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Post A Ecchi Pic a Day thread

YhNMOP7.jpg

I ask myself this every time: it is not hard to see Vivian's panties while playing The Alliance Alive. So why is it that every artist gets the color wrong? Did any of them play the game? Did they all build Vivian with a weapon without the animations that flip her skirt, and never looked behind her during her low HP animation? Did they leave Vivian out of the party as much as possible?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miracles can happen. First off, I learned today that RightStuf, the anime sales website, has their own dedicated label for hentai, sold right on their store for the masses. And they're using that label for a Blu-Ray release of Interspecies Reviewers. I was hoping someone like Sentai would negotiate the rights away from Funimation for a sub-only Blu-Ray, but it seemed unlikely that a major distributor would want to take that burden, especially with the legal issues they could run into when it comes to the uncensored footage that no one would buy a Blu-Ray without. Well, I guess RIghtStuf is that perfect spot, big enough that we know who they are, with a reputable website to buy it from, but small enough that they don't rely on their own in-house production and can take the risk, with a specific hentai label. I'm sure that means uncensored. It'd be great if it was totally uncensored, with things like the Taiwanese opening and removal of the final stamps, but Passione can probably only give them what's already on the Japanese Blu-Rays, with the fear of reverse importing and all.

Next year, I will have Meidri on my shelf.

qzAJgTJ.jpg

OQ7Mnpb.jpg

The fun part about a potential story about Jessica from Lunar is that I could insert whatever tone I wanted, reference anything I pleased, and pay no attention to the original story of Lunar, and it would still be true to the Working Designs spirit. Yep, I am glad to throw shade that way. Working Designs' collector's editions for the American PS1 Lunar games are second to none when it comes to collector's value, but if you actually want to play Lunar, Silver Star Harmony on the PSP.

Finished The Legend of Korra. I haven't watched this one since it aired, so I was surprised with both how much I couldn't remember going in, and how much I immediately recognized as soon as I saw it again. And I stand by the opinion I had when I first saw it: I love it just as much as I do Avatar. It stumbles in a few areas, but so did Avatar, just in different ways. And they're great in different ways, and a lot of the same ways too.

Plus, I can't hate Korra when it introduces some of my favorite characters across the whole franchise. Varrick is Top 5 material, easy. He's good enough that he managed to bag Zhu Li, and that's a hell of an accomplishment.

YO2Qskz.jpg

This is unrelated, all I'm saying this time is, Korra's probably the kind of girl that can pee standing up.

Finished Lunar: Silver Star Harmony on the PSP. The important thing to remember is that, regardless of its many remakes, it is at its core a JRPG from 1992. As such, it's very fundamental. A very basic story, no control over party members because the five primary members can all be in your party at once, very basic mechanics, it's a simple game. But, for me, that's nice, because I lose interest in RPGs when they're complex, and it's good to have a limited need to worry about elements or status effects, and most equipment is only equippable to one character, with a lot of them being straight improvements over the lower tier (though the added worry about physical placement and movement on the battlefield is something I'll never enjoy). It's not a must-play RPG, but I enjoyed it. Play it if it interests you, you've got plenty of versions to choose from.

But, with all those versions, which one should you play? The Sega CD version has historical significance, but it's old and one of the most expensive games on the system. The PS1 version is the most famous, but it's also expensive. Both of them were localized by Working Designs, who not only put in a lot of inappropriate jokes and pop culture references into their translations, but made their games harder, sometimes drastically, to fight the rental market. The GBA version isn't crazy expensive, but it's widely considered to be the worst version, losing the animated cutscenes and voice acting that made Lunar famous. The PSP version is the most recent remake, and I don't know if it makes any improvements to general QOL with that status (I bought this version assuming so, but I don't know), and while Working Designs' script is still mostly used (and I don't know how accurate it is to the Japanese original), it seemed like most of the more egregious stuff they did was cut. It's still humorous, and I wonder how much of that is accurate, but at least I'm not being taken out of the experience by references to Bill Clinton and M&M's. Plus, both it and the GBA have the same difficulty, regardless of region. The PSP version is also expensive, but unlike the previous versions, is available digitally. $15 on PSN, saves me some cash. Then, there's the iOS version, which I was surprised to find still available, pretty cheap (though standards on the mobile market are way different. It's $7.) and apparently works to this day, but who knows when that could change. It's based on the PS1 game, but with the new voice acting of the PSP (which isn't outstanding, so whatever voice acting is fine, a lot of people have a fondness for the amateur Working Designs voices, I can understand that). If you've got an option that appeals to you, go for it.

rd4kuU0.jpg

I enjoyed the game enough to want to play the sequel, but that one is nowhere near as prolific. Only available on the Sega CD and PS1 (though I at least hear the PS1 version doesn't have the butchered difficulty). No digital versions. Expensive. Guess I'll pass. Game Arts later went on to make Grandia, so with the recent HD releases of Grandia 1 and 2, that'll be the next best thing.

I really don't pay attention. Dragon: Marked for Death has been available on PS4 for months now? Like, it was announced and released around the time I bought it for PC, and I only found out today while checking Inti Creates' Wikipedia page to see if they had announced anything new at TGS that I missed? I don't regret buying the game on PC, because I'd like to do some multiplayer for free, I'm just embarrassed that I missed a development like this from who is possibly my favorite game developer.

I've been playing Dragon: Marked for Death again pretty recently. Right now, it's all solo Empress, but I'd like to try some co-op (probably with random people because I don't know anyone else with the game) when I create a second character. I'll do that when I unlock Oracle and Bandit. Until then, it's Empress the whole way.

EXvj0wlWkAIRO3Q?format=jpg&name=medium

Today is a momentous occasion. 25 years ago, on October 4th, 1995, the first episode of Neon Genesis Evangelion aired on Japanese television. And to say the series had a profound impact on Japanese culture would be an understatement. It's one of the most prolific and historically important anime out there, and if you're serious into anime, Evangelion is a mandatory watch. It was hard to find for a long time, but now it's super easily available on Netflix. I don't think it's an amazing show, but a second viewing warmed me up to it enough that I recommend it, and I mostly got what it was saying that second time. Even if I think a certain later mecha anime from Gainax outstrips it in every conceivable way.

9dO57Bi.jpg

And there's some good news to celebrate the anniversary: the US is getting a Blu-Ray of the series. That's a big deal. The series was in licensing limbo for so long that there was little way to watch it in the States, and especially no cost-efficient way (I got lucky, the library had the DVDs, and only a few of the later episodes were too scratched to watch. Shame their End of Evangelion wouldn't even launch). And when Netflix got the streaming rights, people begrudgingly assumed it would be locked to streaming. So it's nice to be wrong. And with GKIDS handling the Blu-Ray, it shouldn't be prohibitively expensive. I'm sure there will be a premium, but I expect it to be affordable to fans with a good deal. Details on the features aren't out there yet, and while I'm not expecting the original ADV dub (from what I understand, the remnants of ADV have some bad blood with Evangelion and refuse to license the dub out of spite), I think there's a chance Fly Me to the Moon will return. Not guaranteed, but honestly, I skip the credits anyway. Also wouldn't be surprised if the non-Director's Cut versions of the later episodes aren't included, since Netflix didn't dub them, but I don't think that's a loss outside completion and total preservation of inferior originals.

Now that we see that anime licensed exclusively to Netflix can get a physical release, is there hope for a Carole & Tuesday Blu-Ray?

So that's Monster Girl Doctor. It's a monster girl show, of course I watched it. It was a show.  The original author of the series has admitted to being inspired by Monster Musume, and it shows, with how many of the character personalities and dynamics are similar, just...not as good. Glenn isn't as interesting as Darling, Saphentite is just Miia's jealousy, Arahnia is nothing more than Rachnera's teasing, et cetera. The medical side could have offered something to distinguish it, but there's not enough focus on the medical procedures and unique monster biology. It's pretty forgettable.

But Skadi wasn't bad.

gvSmlqy.jpg