Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Post A Ecchi Pic a Day thread

With the release of Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection in Japan, the Rockman Unity Twitter account in Japan asked its followers who their favorite characters in both series were, and the final results have been tallied up. Zero is the most popular, no surprise. Aile top ranking ZX character, baby. A couple people didn't quite get the "characters" thing, leading to spots for "the bombers from Zero 2", "the bond between X and Zero", and "sunken library". But, the most interesting, or should I say disappointing, is Neige's placement. Super low on the list. Got the same number of votes as Milan, the guy who died at the beginning of Zero 1. I know Neige has never been popular, but I've never understood why. She's a pretty major part of Zero 4. She's got a defined personality. She's not annoying in any sense. She's pretty cute.

EAo9k8FU0AAwWu8?format=jpg&name=medium

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, isn't that just a milestone. Today is WayForward's 30th anniversary. It amazes me that they've been around since 1990, considering that their first noteworthy game was in...2002. I mean, except for their programming contribution to Microshaft Winblows 98, which is something I never would have know without checking their Wikipedia page.

Thankfully, they have a legacy outside that. Be a pal for us, Rottytops!

X5kQGVl.jpg

Get your revenge, Shantae!

yHL5ipy.jpg

While the game may have been delayed, the long-awaited Final Fantasy VII Remake demo (that we were hearing about at least a month ago) is finally available to download. Well, okay, it came out yesterday, but I didn't have the time to play it until just now. I've never played Final Fantasy VII before, so my unbiased opinion is...yeah, it's good. The combination of real-time combat and turn-based techniques is intense to get used to, especially when I had to keep reminding myself that I can't play it like Kingdom Hearts, no matter how much it kind of feels like Kingdom Hearts. It's not exactly a bad kind of intense, but considering how much I had to think and worry with the Guard Scorpion, this could be a game I need to play on Easy.

I love that this demo covers the exact same content as the FF7 demo that originally came with Tobal No. 1, except that Aerith isn't inexplicably in your party this time. She just appears in the intro and the trailer. No Tifa at all, either. Jessie's there, though.

spacer.png

The show popped up on r/anime's main page today, with the title "The Forgotten Studio Trigger Anime", and I can't help but agree. When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace. Trigger has a well-regarded catalog, and while I'll concede that most are correct in claiming Kill la Kill is their best show, I find When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace to be a close second. It doesn't have an engaging story, no dramatic fights, a genre shift at some point, an inaccurate title, but the characters and their interactions are so sublime, the entire show is worth watching. And every girl has a strong case as best girl.

spacer.png

Despite Isekai Quartet doing nothing to make me interested in Overlord, Tanya the Evil, or Shield Hero, the brief possibility that Cautious Hero could be joining (or at least making a cameo, as Shield Hero does) convinced me to watch it. I'd heard about it when it was airing, and I got the impression it was a kind of Konosuba Lite, so why not? Well, it was indeed a poor man's Konosuba. Until the twist towards the end, where it gets real. And I did think that twist was well done, but everything earlier on...just wasn't that funny. Seiya really has just one joke, his "preparedness" doesn't lead to any clever victories like you'd see in Battle Tendency, Rista isn't useless enough to make the constant jokes at her expense justified, Mash and Elulu are superfluous, it was pretty average.

And there wasn't enough Valkyrie.

ELMtqynUcAAD1a6?format=jpg&name=medium

Finished Mega Man ZX Advent. I do appreciate some of the improvements over the original, like the better map, ability to warp to most areas on the map from the trans server, better mission accepting, the Biometals being more useful, more unique transformations, but it doesn't quite make up for the steps back it takes. The pacing is really weird, it takes a good while before it feels like you get to start making decisions on where to go next, most of the transformations are situational (literally never used Hedgeshock this time), the better warping is only one-way and trans servers no longer count as destination points, the other Biometals mostly only get used because Model A isn't as universally good as Model ZX, some of the levels are just plain annoying (looking at you, Floating Ruins), and almost none of the characters from the original game appearing is disappointing. It's good, don't get me wrong, but I prefer the original ZX. But who knows. Maybe this is another X8, where I'll grow to really appreciate it as I get better at it.

And with ZX Advent cleared, that's all 6 games on the Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection. Aside from a couple minor complaints, it's a fantastic collection of some of the most consistently great Mega Man games.

spacer.png

Still kicking myself over not being able to come up with a plausible story for Ashe.

Wasn't it weird at E3 last year to see, at the same time, the first official English release of Seiken Densetsu 3 (now named Trials of Mana), and a remake? Well, the Collection of Mana was a quick release, but the Trials of Mana remake has been some time coming. In fact, we just got the demo now, and I played it. It's...interesting. For historical significance, I'm more interested in playing the Super Nintendo version, but it seems to be a well-made remake. More interesting than the Secret of Mana remake I often forget exists. I imagine this remake will be the first exposure most Western gamers will have to the game, and will bring it out of cult classic territory...here in the West. I don't know if it's because the fans are incredibly dedicated or if Japan adores this game, but Trials of Mana has a ridiculous amount of art. Way more than Secret of Mana. And most of it centered on Riesz.

399949%20-%20Riesz%20Trials_of_Mana.jpg

And because there's just such a vast quantity of art, there's more than a few pictures of Riesz either peeing or bursting to pee. I was surprised by the amount at first, but the sheer amount of art regardless explains it.

I've been watching Monster Musume again. It's difficult to get it done quickly, considering I have to watch it late at night when my parents are asleep, but I love it so much. Now's my first experience with Sentai's subbing on the Blu-Ray, I love the placement for on-screen elements, the different fonts when it better matches the original intent, and different sizes subtitles for background dialogue, but the yellow subs are ugly and there's a few typos.

I'm not just saying this out of nowhere. It's Papi's birthday. Best girl's birthday while I happen to be rewatching, it's fate.

spacer.png