Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Post A Ecchi Pic a Day thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it's available for streaming now, I watched Sword Art Online Progressive: Aria of a Starless Night. I'll say I enjoyed it more than the other SAO movie, Ordinal Scale, because this one didn't feel as "anime movie". By that, I mean it actually felt canon, and didn't do things that break series tone just to give a big "hype" moment. I did hear that, for a movie series that aims to adapt the "true" Sword Art Online story, they changed some stuff, so that's sad and funny. Maybe one of those changes was removing the trashy stuff SAO is so known for, because this movie had class. Asuna had a bath scene, but not only did we see nothing sensual in the bath, we didn't even see her underwear before getting in. The SAO I know would never have let an opportunity like that slip them by. If anything, the fact that it's a movie and not a TV series, I figured they would have gone the Rebuild of Evangelion route and added nipples that weren't there before. I might be proud of your restraint, SAO.

Then again, maybe one of those changes was demoting Argo to a small cameo, which is sad.

yaEIa2z.jpg

I watched the movie dubbed because it was available, I like dubs, and I like the SAO dub, so here's a bit of trivia: despite the large number of Sword Art Online video games available, all of them are strictly Japanese language voices. They started coming out at a time "no dubs" was common in anime games, and even though that has shifted in recent years, Bandai Namco is sticking to tradition. The only time Bryce Papenbrook and Cherami Leigh got to reprise their roles as Kirito and Asuna, respectively, in a video game was as DLC bosses in Tales of Arise.