Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Post A Ecchi Pic a Day thread

Finished Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus. It's long, because it has a lot of cutscenes, it's repetitive, the gameplay is mild, it's a Senran Kagura game. While Deep Crimson (which this game predates just slightly) isn't that far off in theory, Shinovi Versus was the first game that plays like the modern Senran Kagura games, and my first in that style as well. It needs work. Too easy to get juggled, needs air-blocking, and characters get locked in the direction they're attacking pretty frequently. Plus, at level 1, character movesets are so limited that some are practically unplayable. Missions also need more variety, every one ends with a character battle, said character battles very often rely on also swarming the arena with enemies, and there's no real "final boss". Burst had Orochi, Deep Crimson had True Kagura, this one ends with a normal battle against Miyabi. Dogen, despite being the greater villain of the game (who is only mentioned in the Crimson Squad story), is taken care of wholly during a cutscene, without even appearing.

In terms of story, it's good to see the introduction of the Gessen school, who would go on to become the de facto stars of the franchise, so now I know that they really aren't interesting. New Hebijo is way better, but they end up being the most forgotten of the four. Sad that this may be the last game I play where the Crimson Squad gets a large spotlight (in Shinovi Versus, they're the final unlockable team, and their story was originally intended to be the canon one). No matter the case, cutscenes go on for too long, and each school has one chapter's worth of content that could have been cut. The game is already long enough as it is (took me 26 hours to complete all missions). So is it wrong to say that, overall, this may be my favorite so far?

I'll give the story this, this is my favorite version of Hikage so far. She's bad at communicating, she misunderstands other people a lot and they can't follow her, and emotions are still an enigma, but she tries. She really is trying to reach out and be positive, she just doesn't know the right way to do it.

k1wa5PF.jpg

Edited by Captain L (see edit history)
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rewatched Space Dandy. This is a series that holds a special place in my heart, for being one of the first anime I watched, and the first I watched weekly. Hell, for most of its run, I would stay up to near midnight on Saturdays to watch it live. Of course, I watched it, my first anime was Cowboy Bebop, and this was the same director so soon after. And it is still a classic, very varied with some great visuals, stories that go in all kinds of places, some being totally wild and others being very quiet, a little something for everyone. And it's very funny.

I don't think I appreciated Honey enough on my first watch. She doesn't get her development until season 2, but she ends up being a character with some meat. And, much like Dandy, I can appreciate the booty.

ZWgbtHk.jpg

It's not that I was ever "unimpressed" with Sonic Frontiers, but I usually don't watch trailers for any game, so my intent for Sonic Frontiers was to wait for it to come out and play it later. Reception wouldn't matter because I liked Sonic Forces. But it's changed now that Sega has released the opening and ending themes for the game. The opening theme, I'm Here, is okay, but the ending theme, Vandalize, has singlehandedly got me excited. Especially the uncensored version. Now I'm actively looking forward to its release.

Fa4-52QVEAAs54I?format=jpg&name=large

Nintendo Direct is over. Of course I'm looking forward to Tears of the Kingdom, and I'm sure I'll play Bayonetta 3 eventually, but other than that, nothing for me. And if you're not into farming games, half of the games shown won't be for you either. But it's cool that Tales of Symphonia is getting another rerelease. I already have it on the PS3, so I won't buy it again, but it's a good RPG so it's nice that more people can play it. Even if they did a poor job selling it in the showcase, because they highlighted Lloyd, Collette, Zelos, and Presea, but no Sheena. She's a primary reason I bought it.

DfGRJE_W0AA57nb?format=jpg&name=medium

Maybe I'll play Dawn of the New World one day.

Finished Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. Now, keep in mind that I have no connection to the game on which it is based. Even if 2077 lived up to all the hype and was exactly what everybody hoped for, I wouldn't have played it, and probably never will. The anime only caught my attention because, not only is it a Studio Trigger work, but specifically a Hiroyuki Imaishi one. That's the kind of thing I have to keep on top of.

It was a good show. Good look, interesting world, not too long, dark and depraved, I enjoyed it. Not to the level of the universal praise it's getting, but it's worth watching. Though, I'd say if you want to watch a cyberpunk anime, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex beats it out.

Edgerunners has Rebecca, though. Let us be thankful Trigger stuck to their guns and proclaimed "the loli must stay".

FdInHpUagAMQkC8?format=jpg&name=large

Sad news: after 16 years, Capcom will finally be shutting down the download servers for Mega Man Powered Up on the PSP. No more stages in the level creator, and none of the extra characters, if you don't have them already. I mean, I'm sure there's some way to hack them back in easily, but it'll be harder. Like it wasn't hard enough already, having to briefly turn off security on our router to even access the internet on a PSP. Honestly, when I did it all three years ago and it worked, I was already surprised and figured Capcom forgot.

The loss of the level creator isn't a big deal anymore, when we have Mega Man Maker. Even downloadable Proto Man isn't a total loss, as he was always unlockable in the base game by clearing all 100 challenges (which is incredibly difficult, true, which is why he was downloadable at all), but there was one exclusive character to downloads: Roll. And all her costumes. So, come November, no more Roll for Powered Up players.

eFdELFu.png