Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Post A Ecchi Pic a Day thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally finished Final Fantasy IV. I was playing this game last year. The Pixel Remasters weren't even announced at the time. But even though I wasn't playing the infamously difficult DS version (I got it on the PSP, still probably the best version for people that want a 2D IV), as the game continued, I began relying on guides more and more, and I hate when I feel I have to do that in an RPG, because it feels like I'm not playing the game anymore. But clearly I wasn't paying enough attention, because once I was in the final dungeon, the Lunar Subterrane, I hit that wall. To my credit, I made it to the final battle with Zeromus, but that was thanks to running from a lot of battles and skipping the optional battles for the best weapons. So I fought the final boss 10 levels lower than recommended and without optimal equipment, and I knew there was just no way I could survive. So I put it down, intending to come back refreshed and ready to grind back up.

And I finally did it. Grinded up an additional 10 levels, followed a guide to retrace my steps and get the good weapons, while also telling me the optimal strategies I would have never known (these games have such massive magic lists, I don't even know what most of them do, I can't formulate strategies around them). And it did make it a lot easier, beat Zeromus without much trouble.

So now that the entire game is under my belt, I can say that of the three mainline Final Fantasy games I've completed (I, IV, and VI), this is my least favorite. Granted, I give the original a lot of slack for being the first, and because the simplicity that comes with it is my kind of charming, but the fact remains that IV irritated me the most. It was the one that I relied on a guide the most, it does annoying things throughout like frequent ambushes and back attacks, costing gil to run away, and constant party switches, and it gave me the least in return. I, like I said, is charming and fun in how simple it is. VI has great characters, a good story, great moments, even if significant parts of the game aren't to my taste. But IV, I didn't get attached to the characters, I found the story simple, but not in the charming way because it's trying to do more, and there were no major moments that impacted me. It was an important step at the time it was originally released, but I just don't think it holds up too well.

I guess I can say that, while her character doesn't do much for me, Rydia is cute.

JD9pdCV.jpg

Because the PSP version includes it all, while I won't play The After Years for a long time, if ever, Interlude is short and I might get to it soon.

The last game I got for Christmas has been completed, with The Ninja Saviors: Return of the Warriors. I hate the name. I assume there were legal troubles with the TV show "Ninja Warrior", because otherwise, the name change is just burying the lead that this is a remake of the SNES game "The Ninja Warriors", yet another game I was introduced to thanks to the Happy Video Game Nerd. It's fun to go back through his old review catalog and see how many of the games he talked about have had a second chance in one form or another in the time since those reviews. Metal Storm got a cartridge reprint, Journey to Silius was added to Switch Online, Rocket Knight and Splatterhouse got reboots, Wild Guns and Ninja Warriors got remasters (they were both developed by the same team at Natsume, after all).

It's cool that this remaster exists, because Ninja Warriors was a game that deserved to be played. It's a one-plane beat-em-up, but the three characters have so much unique tech and movement crammed into that simple style that it's unlike anything else. And this remake touches up all the visuals in subtle, yet stunning ways, adds more to the gameplay, and adds two new characters, plus a two-player mode, to round it all out. It's a cool experience.

Though it's also far from a perfect one. The lack of any save feature. Yes, there's unlimited continues, but you have to go through all 8 stages in one sitting. It's not a long game, but it's pretty hard, so it's not unreasonable to assume some might need a break. There's a lot of moves, but sometimes, they just feel the tiniest bit sluggish (I picked Kunoichi, the balanced character). The lack of any new stages like Wild Guns Reloaded got is a shame, though it would need a save feature if it were any longer. And all the bosses rely on infinitely spawning enemies in addition to the boss, which is just lazy design.

Basically, if a game that lets you play as a robot ninja girl with massive tits sounds like something you'd enjoy, you'd enjoy it.

vtuM2N0.png

kGECuTg.jpg

Final Fantasy V is one entry in the series I'd really like to play, but it's famously one of the more difficult entries in the series, and I have plenty of reason to believe I would find it overwhelming. Yet it remains something I just can't get my mind off. So, maybe when the Pixel Remaster goes on sale and/or is ported to other systems, I may just take a plunge and try it out.

At the very least, the final party composition with three girls that can fill a variety of jobs with a variety of costumes has a lot of omo potential. Faris creating Chemist concoctions with her pee in a bottle? Krile peeing on the ground and casting a water spell as a Geomancer?