Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Post A Ecchi Pic a Day thread

Well, I've been playing a shitload of Mega Man lately. Ever since getting Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X with my PSP last Wednesday, in the span of 5 days, I've played 9 Mega Man games.

1. Powered Up (Mega Man)
  2. Maverick Hunter X (X)
  3. Powered Up (Proto Man)
  4. Maverick Hunter X (Vile)
  5. Mega Man X
  6. Powered Up (Roll)
  7. Powered Up (Old Style)
  8. Maverick Hunter X (X, Zero Buster)
  9. Mega Man X3

That's the mark of quality games, that I can devote myself to them so fully. Nothing compares.

0dfslbl.jpg

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played the main game years ago, but now, I finally scrounged up the $3 to play the DLC case for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies. First off, I love that they just went nuts with the concept. "A whale is accused of murder." And they made a good case out of it! While I immediately figured out the killer's method as soon as they talked about two pieces of evidence near the beginning, but I was second-guessing myself as to who that killer was several times until the reveal. And I love Sasha's design, the punk rock pirate with as many fish puns as Squid Girl.

8zbIiqI.png

The Steam Summer Sale has added Senran Kagura Bon Appetit to my library. Aside from the whole mess of trouble I went through getting my controller working satisfactorily (PlayStation button icons only show up if a DualShock 4 is connected, not the generic PS3 controller I was using, and it took a little too much forethought to convert the buttons to Xbox buttons in my head for a rhythm game, finally remembered I can use my Wii Classic Controller), it's a decent rhythm game. It relies a lot on long combos on Normal, so high-level play is mandatory, the difficulty curves can go all over the place in each character's story (Hikage's story starts against Daidoji, possibly the hardest song in the game, and most everyone else is challenging, but then I got a perfect score on her final battle), and there's absolutely no reason for the characters to lose their clothes, but the music is good and I'm slowly getting better (Hatsune Miku has taught me that I can start struggling to keep up with Normal and progress to beating [certain] songs on Extreme).

And the Dressing Room has some interesting features, ones missing from the later Peach Beach Splash I'm familiar with. First one I noticed: way more underwear variety. In PBS, it was panties, low cut panties, high leg panties, thongs, and fundoshi, but Bon Appetit has things like garterbelts, laced edges, and BOYSHORTS. True, the designs are tied to the type, unlike PBS, but I'm still unlocking them. I want Homura in fitting boyshort colors.

g9c96a8qcrx11.jpg

Watched the Furry Trigger anime (killer combo), BNA: Brand New Animal. I love the visual style, there's (some) good colors usage, an interesting (if not unoriginal) premise, and no fear of a sense of fun, like the baseball episode. However, it's not without plenty of flaws. The beastmen having human forms, ones they prefer to be in, is really ridiculous, since why would they have trouble fitting into human society if they can just pretend to be humans, and it feels like Trigger being too afraid of their characters being furbait. Shirou's a prime example, his design is just way better in wolf form. They make no excuses for Michiru's character flaws, which would have been a great way to explore prejudice and bias, except her suspicions all turn out to be right. Alan could have been a more interesting antagonist, in that he had good intentions for a huge problem that could have only been solved with drastic action, but he's just a villain. And most prominently, the finale, while visually stunning, is rushed as all hell. Twists are revealed at the last second, big characters are taken out in the blink of an eye, and then everything is just all better without any build up. It has its positives, it's not the worst Trigger show I've seen, but depending on whether you count Darling in the FranXX as Trigger, it's either their second or third worst (no matter what, it's better than Ninja Slayer). In terms of furry anime released recently that deal with racism allegories licensed by Netflix (which isn't a lot but it's weird it happened more than once), I assume Beastars is far better, given the critical acclaim it's received. I have to assume, because it's 3D CG anime, and I can't stand that look. BNA, while less consistent, looks Trigger.

BNA's protagonists aren't bad, though. Shirou is the consistently best character, and Ben Diskin has a great dub voice for him, and Michiru isn't bad. Maybe because I give her design slack, being in beastman form near all the time, and her dark skin (which is just because of fur instead of a tan, true), blue hair, (selectively) beefy arm, and wings, she reminds me of Chelshia on a visual level.

0a893d2b8e97ed00655767858f00f93f.png

Finished Lab Zero's Indivisible. As a big fan of Skullgirls, it's a shame I didn't enjoy it very much. It's technically well-made, looks and animates very nice (though more emotions done with the in-game animations rather than just the dialogue portraits would be preferable), but it suffers from three major problems: it's tedious, I don't care about the story, and the RPG battles in this RPG aren't fun. First, a game like this does not need to be 20 hours long, with two climbs up a mountain that take close to an hour each. I've seen complaints that 20 hours isn't enough for an RPG, but if they drastically cut down the number of characters, that's more than enough time to tell a good story with good characters and not wear out the welcome by revisiting every major area in the game. And the reason you have to redo everywhere is because the back half of the game is just fixing the problems caused in the first half of the game after Ajna realizes she's a terrible character, which means the first 10 hours is 10 hours of putting up with that shit and losing all interest in our protagonist. Dhar is the only character I think has a satisfying arc, even when literally every character can't stop belittling him. And dear lord, every battle feels like it takes forever. Before the game is even halfway over, I want to skip every single encounter. Considering how many platforming moves the game gives you, the game would have been better as a platformer. They do some pretty cool stuff and combos with the platforming. You know, until they give you two dozen moves and you need to remember them all because the final challenges will require you to use all of them, often in sequence, remembering which ones you already used because they don't reset until you hit the ground. Basically, I think the game would have been fine if it wasn't an RPG, cut out all the optional character, if Ajna was a better character who didn't fuck up everything she touched, meaning the game could stop at the halfway point instead.

Thorani's not bad, though.

gp7kS3j.jpg

Finished Suikoden II again on a livestream series. A second playthrough has opened my eyes to a few more of the game's faults (certain small story beats are unnecessary, certain dungeons go on a while by my sensibilities [never more than an hour, however], the steps to getting all 108 Stars can be tedious and troublesome, and the translation has a lot more errors than I initially realized), but those do little to dampen this gold standard of the JRPG genre. The story and its themes are without compare in their simple complexity, the pace of battles and progression is fast and makes other RPGs feel lethargic (coming back to this after playing Breath of Fire IV was like entering hyperspeed in the battles), it looks and sounds beautiful for the PlayStation 1, and the difficulty is low enough that you can play however you want, but you still have to try, as opposed to other RPGs saying "you need to have this type of party makeup to exploit enemy patterns". I don't think I'll ever play another RPG that even comes close.

I switched up my party makeup this time around to really go in with heavy hitters. As such, I got a lot more use out of Oulan.

xm0SXoq.jpg

Eao9wEKXsAE7UxD?format=jpg&name=medium

I've also been playing Dragon: Marked for Death lately. Started with Empress, because she seemed like the best place to get my feet wet. Though, going by their character descriptions, I can also see myself picking up Warrior and Shinobi. Because of its multiplayer RPG Monster Hunter style genre, the design is nowhere near as consistent or polished as a Mega Man Zero, but it's fun. I imagine it would be a lot better in multiplayer, so anyone else with the Steam version of the game, hit me up.

Re:Zero's back. It's going to take me quite some time to get reaccustomed to this stuff. But at least the first episode indicates that Crusch may be appearing more often.

L8vL1xn.jpg

And if Crusch is around more, Felix will be around more too. Or, rather, "Felis". I completely skipped Director's Cut, so I assume that was when they changed the translations. Or it could have been way back in the English dub that I also didn't watch. That's going to take me the longest to get used to. With that and "Petelgeuse" instead of "Betelgeuse".

I've been watching a lot of Street Fighter lately (mostly due to Maximilian Dood's recent Dan Legacy), and it really makes me want to play some Street Fighter, specifically Alpha 3. The problem is, there's no perfect version. I could buy the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection for the PS4 and also get Street Fighter III (the other entry I'm interested in), but the version of Alpha 3 included there is arcade emulation of the original revision, so it's very light on content. Alpha Anthology on PS2 has Alpha 3 Upper, but it's still the arcade version, so it's lacking modes and later roster additions. I could download the PS1 version on PSN and get plenty of modes, but still missing characters, and with technical hurdles. There's Alpha 3 Upper on GBA, which is packed with features, but is obviously even more technically held back than the PS1, plus an inability for local multiplayer, I don't have a Game Boy Player yet, and I'd be stuck with the Gamecube controller for a fighting game. The Saturn and Dreamcast versions aren't even options. And then there's Alpha 3 Max on the PSP, which is the complete version of the game, but then I'd have to play it with PSP controls, and again lose the ability of local multiplayer. It's still probably the version I'd get.

Those extra characters from the handheld entries are enticing, even if they look really wrong because their sprites are pulled from Capcom vs. SNK 2 (and Capcom Fighting Evolution in Ingrid's case for Max). Thanks to DF Retro's comprehensive Final Fight video, I know who Maki is now.

XJ66j1L.png

Seeing as how she's only playable in 3 games, one of which it doesn't matter which human character you pick, another where she's a secret character, and the third being no longer available or playable, how many people in the world can honestly claim to be Devilot mains? Well, I'm one. She's become my preferred Puzzle Fighter. I mean, her full name is "Princess Devilotte de Deathsatan IX". Ever since I first met her in Project X Zone, how could I not be drawn to her?

7nPXfOS.jpg

I should play Cyberbots. According to Devilot herself, it's Capcom's #1 game!

On 7/17/2020 at 6:14 PM, Captain L said:

Seeing as how she's only playable in 3 games, one of which it doesn't matter which human character you pick, another where she's a secret character, and the third being no longer available or playable, how many people in the world can honestly claim to be Devilot mains? Well, I'm one. She's become my preferred Puzzle Fighter. I mean, her full name is "Princess Devilotte de Deathsatan IX". Ever since I first met her in Project X Zone, how could I not be drawn to her?

7nPXfOS.jpg

I should play Cyberbots. According to Devilot herself, it's Capcom's #1 game!

Perhaps someone could add a golden stream to this pic?