Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Post A Ecchi Pic a Day thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melfina from Outlaw Star is an odd one. Her lack of understanding about the world and humans is never really committed to, she has no reaction to being naked in the cockpit all the time but hides herself in the hot spring, she usually doesn't move while talking in the cockpit pilot tube, she apparently has the power to cure poison in there, and in the English dub, I still can't decide if her voice is fitting or not. But she's an optimistic and caring character, and her hairstyle and the way her eyes are drawn is so 90s anime. So I like her a lot.

79204%20-%20Melfina%20Outlaw_Star%20Vogu

Well, there's some exciting news. I don't know if it was always like this, but new episodes of My Hero Academia release day one on Hulu. I thought it was a week later, the same time it reached the free Crunchyroll users. I was already planning to switch over to Hulu for MHA, so I wouldn't have to deal with ads, but now I get them the same day as most. I don't think I've been day one on any anime since Dagashi Kashi Season 1, which aired on Daisuki (outside One Punch Man Season 2). I finally get to be current.

Zk99AOj.jpg

Now, I'll have to check later today to see if Sword Art Online Alicization: War of the Underworld gets the same Hulu treatment.

I've given it a solid try, but I think it's time to call it quits with Suikoden: Card Stories. I just have no experience with trading card games and their strategies/rules, so I can't get the handle on it. Chain of Memories, this ain't. Thankfully, it's the least essential Suikoden game, as it was only released in Japan (has a fan translation), and its plot is just a retelling of 2.

fQjS3IK.jpg

I've gotten far enough in the Outlaw Star rewatch that I've reached the famous Hot Springs Planet Tenrei. For those who aren't familiar, this was an elusive episode because it was far more suggestive than the rest of the series, to the point that cutting it down to be appropriate for after school Toonami in the early 2000s simply wasn't possible, so they just skipped it. Thankfully, it was still dubbed and released on the DVDs, much like the There are Some Things I Just Have to See!! episode of Gurren Lagann. It aired on American TV for the first time in 2018 when Toonami began showing it again, now that it's a late night block, and they still had to censor the one instance of some full-frontal. Because of the Adult Swim watermark on the Hulu uploads of Outlaw Star, and the knowledge that every streaming version of that Gurren Lagann episode uses the censored variant, I was prepared for the airbrushed, censored modern Toonami variant of the episode.

Not so. Aisha nips in all their Blu-Ray quality 90s anime glory.

pO2QcDM.jpg

Finished Outlaw Star. It's hard to describe it on its own merits, as it falls into a very easy trinity of late 90s sci-fi anime with bounty hunter/western themes with Cowboy Bebop and Trigun. Of the three, Outlaw Star is the weakest, as it lacks a proper narrative through-line, has the poorest English dub, and has the least satisfying conclusion. It is, however, very fun, and for that reason, I tend to enjoy it more than Trigun.

And while I understand that a lot of people can point back to Faye Valentine as a sexual awakening, and I love my Radical Edward, I don't think the girls get better than Outlaw Star's offerings. I've said plenty about Aisha, but I want to reiterate that I do really like Melfina too. Her little nip shot in episode 25, while nowhere near as prominent as Aisha's two episodes prior, is still very welcome.

247718%20-%20Melfina%20Outlaw_Star.jpg

Played through Metal Slug XX again, this time with Leona. She was originally a DLC character, so naturally she's way better than the built-in choices. I did a little better than my first playthrough (47 continues instead of 55), though it might have gone better if I knew how to do character specific actions. I've never known how to do them in 6, and only after finishing with Leona did I go into my control customization and see that I still had it mapped to "Special Action + Primary Attack + Up", which, translated to the controller, means L1+Square+Up. That explains why I did it accidentally once. I've since switched it out to the much more sensible Triangle. I'll have to test it out at some point, sticking with Leona because this game would be impossible without infinite continues and having the strongest character just levels the playing field a tiny bit.

EFkKGLB.jpg

I don't know what took so long, considering they initially promised its release half a year ago, but Skullgirls is finally available on the Switch. I'm not much of a fighting game fan, and I still really enjoy it.

Kl5balq.jpg

Though, if you're looking to get it, there may be some better platforms. The PC has, by far, the most active playerbase, and if you get it on a PlayStation platform, you can fight with me (though I'll probably need to get the PC version, considering the PS3 version's DLC isn't available anymore).