Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Post A Ecchi Pic a Day thread

So My Life as a Teenage Robot is on Hulu, and it's still great. The art design is something I never appreciated as a kid, but it's still a lot of fun with great comedic timing and, of course, an adorable protagonist. I have to wonder how much of my generation's robot girl kink traces back to Jenny. It might have even had a subconscious effect on me.

1626673%20-%20Jenny_Wakeman%20My_Life_as

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, right out of nowhere, Capcom has announced a new Mega Man X game for mobile devices, Mega Man X Dive. Now, while I think Capcom is perfectly capable of making good mobile games (a lot of their older conversions were impressive for their time, and Ace Attorney is right at home on mobile), they've never treated Mega Man right on the platform. Way back in the day, there was a port of Mega Man 2 where the physics were all fucked up, then there was a port of Mega Man X that was simply ugly (but apparently works fine), then it was Rockman XOver which had a cool idea and great design for OVER-1 but had terrible gameplay, and most recently, awful ports of the NES games, way past the point where that sort of performance is acceptable. But, from the tiny teaser trailer and screenshots, this one looks like it has effort put into it. It's running on a modified Maverick Hunter X engine, it plays like a real X game, and because the plot involves a virus mixing up the worlds of the previous games (which I think was the plot of Xtreme), it may be the closest we'll get to Maverick Hunter X2 onwards. There's still reason to be skeptical, but if it turns out good, I will be all over it. Assuming playing it doesn't make my phone really hot like a lot of mobile games do, I'm scared to play Dr. Mario World because I fear my phone will melt.

And one of the first things Capcom wanted to show off was that they haven't forgotten about Command Mission. Not only did the trailer show Command Mission X, which makes me very happy because I love that design, art shows a return of Cinnamon and Marino. According to Protodude's report, they're even playable in traditional Mega Man fashion! That's exciting, the characters were the best part of Command Mission for how underutilized they were, it's high time they finally get a piece of the action.

8wcu8pA.png

I may or may not be delaying my current story because I'm playing titty games on my 3DS. Bought Senran Kagura Burst. It's interesting to go back to the original entry after having only played Peach Beach Splash, and seeing what the series is actually supposed to be like. In all its low framerate, repetitive glory. Yeah, this is the first game, all right. Just going into the dressing room mode is proof enough of that. There's no background, no diorama, I seem to be having trouble getting the controls to work correctly (that one might be my 3DS buttons, need to open it up and put some hole protectors in there), not even the option to rotate the camera on the vertical axis to look up the girls' skirts. Which I suppose Peach Beach Splash didn't allow either, except you could with the motion controls.

But the game has Homura, my tanlined goddess, so it's all good.

wj986eC.jpg

After it took 3 years to release outside Japan, I finally watched Accel World: Infinite Burst. Now, I'm a huge fan of the series, but this movie was...lackluster. Aside from the fact that half the movie is a recap (that I didn't even bother watching because who has the time?), the actual story takes place so far after the anime's end that it's confusing, doesn't have the time to properly develop, cuts off abruptly, and isn't that good. Plus, it does something that most anime movies do and I hate it every time it happens, where something is thrown in that doesn't make much sense and is just done as crowd pleasing fanservice. Giving Deku an excuse to go all-out with his Quirk, alongside All Might, in My Hero Academia: Two Heroes, putting all the characters in their iconic costumes against SAO's true final boss in Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale, it's pandering and I despise it. Which is why Cowboy Bebop and K-On are my favorite anime movies, because they don't do that shit and feel like natural parts of the story. Speaking of that anime movie ranking, Accel World: Infinite Burst fits in...above the Fullmetal Alchemist movies, but not much more than that. Sorry, even having the old, unreleased OVAs as special features doesn't save it, great an inclusion as that is.

I'm still desperately hoping we get a Season 2 eventually. Seeing as the next part of Alicization should be the end for Sword Art Online (unless they go anime-original or adapt Progressive), perhaps Sunrise will take the opportunity to slot in Accel World now that Kawahara doesn't need to compete against himself.

tpJuHbA.jpg