Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female The Lottery Curse

Here's the next chapter, hope you enjoy!

They take high school football seriously here, that's for sure. They do in Ohio, too, Sarah thought, but this was different. She had gone to a few games last season with her friends, and there was something sad about the passion. When you don't have a lot going for you, you take pride in whatever you can. If it's teenagers playing football, well, dammit, you're putting on your old jersey and showing up every Friday night to cheer on the squad.

The Hagan-Archer football experience wasn't quite like that. There were banners hung, faces painted, and bleachers full, but there wasn't the sense of desperation in the air. It wasn't a tight-rope walk, it was a big party. The emotional stakes are lower when you can go yachting the next morning.

It was serious business for those involved, though. The regular season didn't start until next week, but no fewer than ten big-time colleges were rumored to have coaches in attendance to scout. Already, three Hagan-Archer players were committed to a school at the next level, and several others had plenty of scholarship offers from which to choose. On the other sideline, Paramount Heights High School could merely boast the top running back in the country, seven state titles, and, oh yeah, a win in the playoffs over Hagan-Archer last season.

Sarah walked up the winding stone stairwell with her mother and younger sister, Shannon. The lights flooded the stadium as dusk began to fall, and the air was dominated by the band blaring out the fight song down on the field. Most of the crowd was already in their seats, stomping their feet and clapping their hands to the cheerleaders' directions. If it was this loud for a scrimmage, she couldn't imagine what the real season was like. 

They took their seats as the band began marching off and into their section of the bleachers. The players took the field for their warm-ups and her eyes immediately found Zack throwing to wide receivers working on their routes. Sarah knew how silly and cliche it was: the new girl immediately develops a crush on the star quarterback. Still, she couldn't help herself.

"Hey, Shannon!"

Sarah looked over to see a couple of younger kids walking up the bleachers.

"Hey, what's up?" her younger sister greeted them. "I didn't know you guys were coming."

"Luke's sister is here because of cheerleading so his mom drove us," the girl said. "We're sitting over there if you wanna come." She pointed two sections over.

"Oh, cool, yeah!" Shannon said, then turned. "Mom, can I go watch the game with Riley and Luke and everyone?"

"Of course, sweetie, just keep an eye on your phone in case I need to text you," Theresa said. She reached into her purse and pulled out a few bills. "Take this in case you want to buy some snacks for you and your friends. Have fun!"

Sarah watched her sister join the group and start down the bleachers, already chatting excitedly and laughing. She was glad her sister had made friends, but it was hard to deny the jealousy she felt.

"What about you, Sarah?" her mom asked. "Do you see any of your friends here you want to sit with?"

Sarah frowned. Over the first week of school, there were a handful of other kids she was friendly with, but no one with which she had really bonded. She saw Chloe and Stephanie -- Steph was the girl who saved her life by having a change of clothes back on her first day -- around campus, but they were juniors so Sarah didn't have any classes with them. The fact that they both knew Sarah had peed in her pants made her feel more like a Kindergartner than a freshman around them anyway.

The mathletes didn't start up until later in the month and while she thought the school activities fair would be a good opportunity to meet people and make friends, that hadn't taken place yet either. She got along with others when teachers had them do group work, but obviously her sister was fitting in better than she. Worse, Sarah thought, was that... Riley, or whatever her name was, and the group of friends Shannon joined up seemed like the 6th grade version of the clique Sarah was activey -- and mostly successfully -- avoiding: Gabby, Olivia, and the rest of them.

"Umm, no, I didn't see anybody," she said.

She turned her attention back to the field, but the players were still only going through their warm-up. Her mind began replaying just about every social interaction she'd had during the first week of classes. She couldn't shake the feeling of a gulf between her and everyone else. If it was just because she was the new kid, well, that's one thing, but she couldn't help but wonder if it was something else. She didn't have the experiences they did growing up and it felt like she had nothing in common with anybody. She wished the game would start so she could focus on something else. A walk around the stadium would have to do.

"Hey, mom?" she asked. "Mom?"

Theresa was talking to another woman next to her, so Sarah tapped her on the shoulder. "Mom!"

"What is it, Sarah?" she answered somewhat impatiently.

"I'm gonna take a walk around and get something to eat."

Theresa reached into her purse and handed her some money.

"You're welcome!" she said pointedly as Sarah started down the bleachers. Sarah rolled her eyes and continued walking. "Teenagers, what can you do?" she heard the other woman say to her mom.

Whatever, Sarah thought. She was glad to be doing something besides sitting there, and besides, she was hungry and felt like she could use a stop at the bathroom too. Walking on the concourse, she navigated her way through the sea of fans. Only about half of the concession stands were open, resulting in lines that snaked back to where everyone was walking. 

Her stomach growled, so she found the end of one of those lines and queued up. Three minutes of hardly moving made the long line feel interminable. The smell of the french fries and hot dogs permeated the concourse, exacerbating her hunger. Meanwhile, Sarah could practically feel her bladder filling up as it started to exert a low ache in her abdomen.

She looked around for a bathroom, but even on her tip-toes she couldn't see over or around the mass of people. She resigned herself to the long wait, scoping out the menu and the food in the hands of passersby to try and decide what she wanted to eat.

Finally, she reached the front of the line and placed her order. The cashier handed her the bottle of Coke right away, but pointed to a different line she'd need to wait in to pick up her basket of chicken fingers. Between the strained sounds of the PA announcer and the cheer of the crowd, she figured the game was kicking off behind her.

"62! Order 62" the concession worker called out a few minutes later. Sarah strode forward to pick it up, pausing for a split-second to notice she was carrying an empty bottle. She cursed herself for absent-mindedly drinking the entire thing while waiting for her food. She debated asking the worker if she could buy another one, but the dull pressure in her bladder told her that might not be the best idea.

She didn't feel like going back and sitting with her mom, and she knew she'd have to get up right after to go pee anyway. So she found an empty spot on the railing overlooking the field where she could eat and watch the game. Sarah snacked on the chicken, wishing she had kept some of her soda any time she came across a particularly dry one.

Once they were gone, she left her spot on the railing and set off in search of the toilet. The crowd on the concourse had lightened as people returned to their seats, but she still couldn't find it. She walked all the way to the end, and back, still nothing. She was about to take another lap when saw them. A closed-down ice cream cart had been moved in front of the entrance, on which was posted a barely-visible sign: PLEASE USE WEST CONCOURSE BATHROOMS. THANK YOU. 

Great, Sarah thought. She tried to shove the flashbacks of what happened earlier in the week out of her mind. She had never needed to pee so badly in her life, she reminded herself. And while she definitely needed to go now, it wasn't urgent like that. Still, this was inconvenience she could've done without. 

The two sides of the stadium didn't connect, which meant she'd have to walk down, go outside, walk to the other side, and then walk back up. She made her way to the staircase she thought they had entered from and started down. She didn't notice anything was wrong until she reached the bottom.

She wasn't outside now, she was looking instead at a long, tiled hallway. "Must be underground," she thought, marveling at a high school stadium this extravagent. "I bet this connects to the other concourse, or maybe there's a bathroom down here I can use."

She couldn't quite make out what was at the end of the hallway but started walking anyway. After a few steps, she froze. A wave of pressure hit her bladder unexpectedly, forcing her to squeeze her thighs together. She pinched two fingers against the crotch of her jeans for a second, and once she was sure she was okay, continued down the hallway. 

She peeked into the first door she passed. The lights were off but she could tell it was the weight room. Another was filled with assorted equipment, and then there were five small offices, each door marked Coach Something-or-other. 

Sarah let out a sigh as she reached the end of the hallway and rather than leading up to the west concourse, split left and right. She considered backtracking, but thought that there had to be a bathroom down here somewhere.

The soda she had gulped down was starting to hit her bladder. The pressure was no longer coming in waves; it was constant. That made it impossible for Sarah to put it out of her mind, but she kept trying because it seemed like the more she thought about it the worse she had to pee.

Making a blind choice, she turned left and starting walking, this time with more urgency. A-ha! There it was, the bathroom she needed, marked... Men. "Of course," she thought, "but the girls' bathroom had to be close by." She continued walking, but the next door she came upon wasn't what she was looking for. Instead, the sign said Visiting Locker Room. Further down were no more doors, but Sarah realized as the din of the crowd grew louder that it must lead up to the tunnels the teams used to get onto the field. 

She started to panic just a little bit. Since it was just for football, what if they hadn't bothered putting in a girls' bathroom down here, she wondered. She turned around and went the other way. The opposite side mirrored the first, but instead of a locker room and a bathroom, there was a locker room and a maintenance closet. The hallway looked like it might split off again down by the tunnel leading up, but she didn't want to make a wrong turn and end up on the field.

She grabbed herself through her jeans again and realized what a mistake this had been. Now she had to walk back down the hall, back up the stairs, find the correct way down, then walk all the way around, then back up even more stairs. And with this many people and at least one bathroom closed, there was probably a line, she figured. She tightened the muscles of her aching bladder and resigned herself to the fact that relief was still a ways off.

Unless... A plan quickly formed in her head. The first quarter had ended just as she had started her search, so it must've been about halfway through the second quarter. She could just run down the hall, use the guys' bathroom, and be back up before anyone came down for halftime. She hadn't seen any signs of life down here, and still didn't as she approached the door.

She was unable to keep still, bouncing her thighs together. She opened the door slowly and listened for a moment. It didn't sound like anyone was in there, so she pushed the door fully open.

"HEY!"

A sharp yell from behind startled her and made her lose control for a second. She jumped back and clamped her muscles back down but she could feel that were underwear were wet. She looked down the hallway to see a girl walking toward her, then quickly down at her jeans. Luckily, the quick jet of pee wasn't showing through.

"What are you trying to do, steal our playbook?! Nobody is allowed down here except players and personnel! I'm gonna tell our coach and get you suspended!" the girl yelled as she reached her. Sarah looked up again; the girl was older, definitely a junior or senior. She looked at her shirt, emblazoned with the letters PHHS, and figured that she was with the other school.

"No! I wasn't, I was just, um..." Sarah felt like she'd be in more trouble if she said she was about to go into the boys' bathroom, so she stopped.

She must've looked innocent, because the girl in her face took a more polite tone.

"Look, sorry for yelling, but St. Peter's tried do that last year. You're really not supposed to be down here, though, and I need to report it. What's your name?"

Sarah was shaking, partly from the thought of being in trouble and partly from her need to pee, becoming more urgent every second. That soda was hitting her hard and she was squeezing her legs together as tightly as she could while trying to look normal. 

Before she could answer, the other girl spoke again. "Wait. Are you the student manager they were sending? Ohmigod, I'm so sorry! Kailee was supposed to tell them to have you meet us up on the field but I bet she forgot, she can be so stupid sometimes."

Sarah didn't say anything, but seeing as it seemed like her two options were to play along or get reported, she knew which way she was leaning. 

"Anyway," the girl continued. "I'm Mandy, I'm the head of the student managers for Paramount Heights." She reached out to shake hands.

"I'm Sarah... nice to meet you."

"Thanks for helping us out, we didn't realize we were short on people until we got here. It's actually good you're down here because we need to start setting up for halftime. Here, I'll open up the locker room."

She took out a key and the two headed into the visitor's locker room. Sarah could feel the pee stinging inside of her, desperately crying to be let out. She started to sweat, wondering what she was getting into. Being a five minute walk from the bathroom was annoying, but now she had no idea when she'd able to go. Mandy led her to a table with a water cooler on it and instructed her to start filling up cups, which she did, dutifully.

Hssssssssssssssssssssss, glug-glug!

Hsssssssssssssssssss, glug-glug!

Hssssssssssssssssssss, glug-glug!

Hssssssssssssssssssssssssss, glug-glug! 

It was almost too much. The only thing worse than focusing on how bad she had to pee was being forced to listen to the Gatorade splash out and flow into the plastic cups. Sarah squirmed on the spot, unable to keep still for even a second. The pressure against her tortured urethra was immense and only getting worse with each cup she filled.

"Hey," she called out, trying to sound casual. "Do you know if there's a bathroom down here?"

"Down the hall and left, there's one in the cheerleaders' locker room," Mandy said, looking up from the dry-erase board she was setting up. "You need to do way more cups than that, and hurry up, they'll be down in like a minute!"

Sarah crossed her legs tightly and went back to her task, filling up the table with refreshment for the players. After what felt like an eternity, the door busted open and the team marched in.

"Okay," Mandy whispered to her. "Just hang out at the table, some of them will want refills."

Sarah's spirits fell. She had really been counting on running out to go use the bathroom as soon as the players got in, and now she had to just stand there and wait God only knows how long.

She did the best she could, but she had to pee so bad she couldn't even stand up straight. With her knees bent and her pelvic muscles working overtime, she tried to smile as the players grabbed the Gatorade but it was more of a grimace. She was in absolute agony and wished more than anything she could reach down and pinch herself, but she couldn't bring herself to do it in front of everybody.

The coach began his halftime speech, which at least took some of the attention off of her. She avoided making eye contact with Mandy so that she couldn't assign her to do something else. She bounced up and down on her toes and fought back tears as her body waged with itself.

"Hurry up, hurry up," she said under her breath as the coach droned on. The scene from her first day replayed in her head and she was sure that she was going to start uncontrollably dribbling pee into her panties any second. She couldn't believe that for the second time in a week she was about to have an accident. Only this time there was an entire audience of football players to see. Her legs were wrapped together tightly and her breaths shortened.

The halftime speech wrapped up and the players grabbed their pads and filed out. Sarah closed her eyes and counted to ten. That's all she had to do, she told herself, just hold on for ten seconds at a time. Ten seconds is nothing. With the last player gone, she went for the door.

"Where are you going?" Mandy asked.

"I just-- I have to go use the bathroom," Sarah said.

"We have to clean all of this up," Mandy said, pointing to the empty cups scattered on the floor.

"I'll help, but I'm seriously about to pee myself, please!"

Mandy sighed. "Fine. You better come back, though, I'm not cleaning this all up by myself."

Sarah raced out of the room and into the hallway, relieved that there was nobody around to see her grabbing herself. She felt a few more drops of pee manage to escape, re-warming the spot on her underwear that had turned cold. She darted past the home locker room and made a left at the end, finally getting to the cheerleaders' room. She felt sick to her stomach as she started to feel the pee trickling out of her, unable to do anything to stop it. 

It sounded like there were people in the back area, where the lockers were, but Sarah didn't care at this point. She frantically looked around, her hand still buried in jeans holding back the pee.

"Oh, hiiiiiiiiii, Sarah."

She froze, turning her head after a second to see Gabby standing there in her green and white cheerleader uniform. Her worst nightmare.

"Now what are you doing in here?"

"Um, I have to use the bathroom."

"I see... I wish I could let you but this is for cheerleaders only. I don't remember seeing you at tryouts."

"Come on Gabby, I really need to go, where is it?"

"I can tell. Seems to be a problem with you, huh? Don't think I didn't notice what happened at orientation, you really think I believed that you threw up? What really happened, Sarah?"

"Please, oh my God, I have to peeeeeeee!"

"Tell me what happened at orientation."

"You obviously know." Sarah felt herself starting to cry. She was doubled over with the pain of needing to pee.

"I want to hear you say it."

"I had an accident," Sarah said softly.

"What's that?"

"I said I had an accident!"

"I knew it!"

"Now come on, I'm about to have another one, please please PLEASE just let me pee."

Gabby laughed ruefully. "Sorry, like I said, cheerleaders only. Do a cheer and you can get in. Here, watch me."

Gabby pumped her fist into the air and whisper-shouted "Hagan!" Then she jumped into the air and spread her arms and legs and said "Archer!"

Sarah squeezed her peehole even tighter. There was no way she could open her legs up like that. The "I-I can't. Forget it," she said and started to try to walk past Gabby.

"Uh-uh. Do the cheer or I'll scream out and everyone will come in here and see you peeing in your pants."

Sarah felt her urethra burning. Her entire body was still shaking in agony. She could feel her underwear getting more and more damp as trickles of pee kept forcing their way out. Still grabbing herself with one hand, she raised the other into the air.

"Hag----Hagan!" she managed to say.

Now came the hard part. Keeping her thighs pushed together, she jumped into the air and tried to stick her feet out. "Archer!" she mumbled.

Her feet landed back on the ground. She had only jumped about three inches but the impact was too much. A stream of hot pee pushed its way out of her body and down the inside of her right thigh.

"No, no, oh god, NOOOO!" she said, trying anything she could to hold back the flow. 

Gabby broke out laughing again as she saw Sarah's pants darken with urine. "Uh oh! Looks like someone's not cut out to be a cheerleader!"

"Gabby, come onnnnn!!"

A second wave of pressure hit Sarah, this one longer than the first. She shuddered as the warm pee spurted out and flowed down her leg. The stain on her jeans grew all the way down her leg, dripping onto the floor

"Ew, stop peeing on our floor!" Gabby shrieked. "Do they not potty train people in Ohio?

"I c-can't help it, I'm sorry! Oh my god, I'm peeing!" Another spasm came over her bladder and more pee cascaded out of her, soaking the back of her right leg. She somehow cut it off after a few seconds but the dribbles continued, 

"The bathroom is right there, jeez!" Gabby pointed to a door off the room they were in.

Sarah pressed against herself with all her might and waddled over to the door. Her wet jeans clung to her leg. She fumbled with the knob, struggling to remain still enough to open the door. Her hand slipped off a second time and she felt her bladder start to give in again.

More pee loudly hissed into her jeans, racing down both legs and puddling up at her legs.

"Oh my God, you're really peeing your pants!" she heard Gabby say with glee.

Sarah stood frozen in shock as the stream kept flowing out of her at full force. Her jeans could no longer absorb any of it and it simply flowed down her leg into the widening pool at her feet. She couldn't believe this was really happening to her. After a minute, her exhausted bladder finally stemmed the tide, but the pee continued to drip off of her pants. 

She finally managed to lift her head and look over at Gabby, who was still looking on in disbelief. 

"Oh my God, I can't even... you peed everywhere!"

"Can you... just like please don't tell anybody," Sarah said between tears.

"Tell anybody what?" Gabby raised her voice for the next part. "That Sarah Snyder peed her pants like a three year old?"

"Shut up!" She was pretty sure none of the girls in the other room heard but if she kept her voice up like that...

"Oh, Sarah, you should be nicer to me. Unless you want me to call the whole cheer team out here?"

"No... please, I'm sorry."

"That's better. Now, Miss Pee-Pee Pants, I won't tell anybody... as long as you cooperate. Can you do that?"

"Y-yes."

"Good. I have to go cheer for the second half now, the first thing you better do is clean up your pissy puddle before we get back here. See you at school Monday, we have lots to talk about!"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Well it's a bit later than I had planned... but I'm back with the next installment. I should warn you that this chapter is light on actual wetting/desperation content. It's more of a set-up for the next chapter but I do hope you'll enjoy it anyway.

------------------------------------

Sarah awoke on Saturday morning without even a one-second respite from the horror of last night. Her stomach was tied in knots and she couldn't stop her brain from replaying the scene. She could practically hear Gabby's cackling laughter and feel her entire growing hot, her face with humiliation and her legs with the pee she tried so valiantly to hold back.

Gabby had just left her there in the cheerleader's locker room as she rejoined the team and went back out to the field. Sarah stood there frozen in shock, like her brain was stuck in a vice grip. She was eventually able to stumble around and find towels to dry up the puddle she had made, and she changed out of her soaked jeans and squeezed into a pair of warm-up pants someone had left out on the bench. She texted her mom that she wasn't feeling well and walked home, arriving just early enough to wash the scent off of her.

"What's wrong?" Her mom, Theresa, had asked when she got home and saw Sarah on the couch looking miserable.

"Nothing," Sarah had replied, straight-faced. It wasn't a great answer but it was easier to say that than "everything." Or "oh, you know, just the usual, I peed in my pants two times in the first week here and I haven't made any friends and the popular girls make fun of me and I know you're paying a lot of money to send me to that school but I'd rather be dropped to the bottom of a volcano or be launched onto one of the moons of Jupiter than go back on Monday."

"Nothing," she had repeated with a sigh, getting up off the couch and going to her room.

She peeled herself out of bed now in the same slow manner and walked down the hallway to the bathroom. She pulled her pajama pants down and sat on the toilet to pee.

This is NOT that freaking hard, she silently admonished herself. Just be a normal girl and pee in the toilet and not in your pants!

She finished up and made her way downstairs for breakfast. Her mom had a plate waiting for her.

"How are you feeling today?" Her mom asked.

Sarah put her best face on and even forced a smile. "Better, I guess."

"Good. You missed a really exciting game last night. It was really fun," Theresa said.

Sure, Sarah thought. It was fun if you were sitting in the stands getting to know all the rich, vapid, tanned Southern California moms. Less fun if you were running around underneath the field desperate for a bathroom.

"So anyway," her mom continued. "It's good you're feeling better because Shannon's friend Luke is having a birthday tonight. I met him and his mother last night and they invited Shannon to sleep over but we're all invited to the big barbeque they're throwing in the evening."

Sarah stared down at her plate. She didn't really want to go to some big party but she had already said she was feeling better. She shrugged her shoulders. "Cool," she managed to choke out, monotone.

They arrived at Luke's house and could hear the music blasting from the back yard. They rang the doorbell and the man who opened the door greeted them with a friendly but quizzical look. The "I don't know who you are, and I hope I'm not supposed to know who you are."

"Hi there... I'm Theresa, Shannon's mother," she gestured to her younger daughter. "I met Luke and his mother last night at the game and they invited us..." she trailed off, hoping that would suffice.

"Oh sure, sure! I'm Luke's father... you know, Darth Vader!" he paused for effect. Theresa gave a courtesy chuckle at the daddest of all dad jokes. "Actually, I'm James, you must have met my wife, Stacey. We've been busy getting ready all day so she must have just forgotten to fill me in. No worries though!" He spotted Shannon's backpack. "Ah, staying for the sleepover? Come with me and I'll show you were you can drop it off and where Luke is..." Then he nodded toward Sarah and her mom. You two can just go right around back, Stacey's out there and Luke's older sisters are, well, somewhere. Nice to meet you!"

Sarah went with her mother to the backyard where the party was in full swing. Like everything else, the magnitude of it all took her by surprise. This definitely qualified as a Rich Person Party. Many of the dads were huddled around the multiple grills while the mothers sat at the table sipping on cocktails. The swimming pool was opened up and swarmed by kids of all ages. It seemed like they had invited half the neighborhood in addition to whatever family was there.

Sarah sighed. Another place she didn't fit in. The pool seemed refreshing but she hadn't brought a swimsuit and even if she had she would have second and third thoughts about showing her body in it compared to all the other women and girls there. She also didn't want to be the only one her age sitting with all the moms.

She grabbed a seltzer out of the cooler and sat down on a chaise lounge chair by the pool. She saw a group of girls hanging out by the giant lawn games, stacking and removing huge Jenga blocks. They seemed a few years older than her, like they were in college. So Sarah wasn't about to go and try to be a part of that group. 

She ended up settling into the chair and pulling her out her phone, trying to look preoccupied. She finished off her can of seltzer and went to grab another one. This woke something up in the back of her brain, bringing back the sense of dread. Is this just how it's going to be now? She wondered. Every time I get something to drink I'm going to freak myself out about getting to the bathroom on time?

She wandered around the yard sipping from the new can. She still didn't recognize anybody. And there wasn't even anybody who seemed to be in the same boat as her. Everyone else seemed to know at least SOMEBODY and was having fun doing trick jumps off the diving board, playing bocce ball, sitting around and talking, or a million other things. She didn't even see Shannon anywhere. She must be inside somewhere with all her friends.

Ready to just head back to her chair and try to pass the time, Sarah lifted the seltzer to her lips and was surprised to find it empty. She detoured back over to the coolers, and again the sense of horror echoed in the back of her head. This time she decided it would probably be a good idea to listen, though, since she was feeling the first twinges in her bladder. With two cans of seltzer making their way through her a trip to the bathroom sounded like a good idea before drinking any more.

It was at this moment that it occured to her that she didn't know where the bathroom was. But she had seen people filtering in and out of the house through the sliding door on the deck so she knew it must be inside somewhere. She started up the stairs to the deck and toward the door but before she got there it opened up and a gaggle of sixth-graders came pouring out. Behind her, Sarah heard one of the moms calling to the children in the pool. "Time to get out... The food is ready!"

Of course. Of COURSE. Just when she started to have to pee, of course it would happen this way, she thought. Her mind almost tripped over itself in a rush to panic. She she was going to have to go back down, sit at a table for who-knows-how-long, all the while having to pee worse and worse as those seltzers hit her bladder. It was going to be just like last night and just like the first day of school, Sarah shifting and squirming to hold it in while the universe conspired against her...

No, Sarah decided. That wasn't happening. Not this time. Not today. She waited for the sixth graders to finally get out the door. She tried to catch Shannon's attention but her sister was engrossed in conversation. Whatever, no time to be jealous now. 

She stepped inside where the last few stragglers were making their way toward the door. She made eye contact with one, she recognized as one of the college-age-looking girls from outside earlier.

"Hey, do you know if the bathroom is that way, or...?" Sarah asked, trying to sound casual and pointing down the hallway.

"It's just back that way," she replied, pointing in the other direction. "On the right."

"Thanks." Sarah felt a more intense twinge in her bladder now. It wasn't an emergency, far from it. But thanks to the events of last night, apparently now a basic task like using the bathroom was a capital-B Big Deal. 

She felt a new kind of anxiety as she walked down the hallway, even as she tried to tell herself how silly it was. Sure the seltzer she drank was starting to hit her but she was literally steps away from a toilet. 

On Monday it had been a quick, pulsing kind of anxiety when she was in the bathroom and racing for a stall just when the pee started to trickle out of her. A race against time to get inside and sit down, a race that she didn't win but didn't totally lose, either.

Yesterday it was a slow, agonizing anxiety, standing in the cheerleader's locker room with no choice but to do what Gabby said and leap into the air with her legs spread. She knew there was no possible way she could do that without the seal breaking but she had to anyway. And then reaching for the doorknob, her hand slipping off as her bladder caved and sent all that hot pee pouring out into her underwear and jeans. 

This wasn't like that. Thank god. If she really had to she could turn around, go outside, sit down and eat, and then use the bathroom after and she'd be okay. This was just her mind building it all up into something it's not, she reassured herself. But the anxiety persisted.

She got to the bathroom and tried to turn the handle. Locked. It's okay, she told herself, just the universe fucking with you. This is just a routine trip to the toilet, stop making it something it's not.

Sarah waited patiently outside the door. She honestly didn't need to go that badly at all. She wasn't bouncing or hopping or dancing or anything like that. Just a girl waiting for the door to open. But the anxiety persisted.

She heard a flush, and then the running of the sink. See? Nothing to it. The handle clicked and the door swung open. Finally the anxiety lifted. 

Sarah was still looking down, waiting for whoever was inside to come out. Instead they seemed to be standing still in the doorway. She started to lift her head when she heard it. A voice. That voice. Her voice.

"Oh my god, what are you doing here?"

------------------------------------

As always, any feedback is greatly appreciated! And if you have any ideas for a situation you'd like to see with these characters let me know either here or over PM. If it wasn't obvious from the three and a half year delay I'm not exactly overstocked with ideas. I consider creativity my biggest weakness so I'm happy to hear any and all ideas from you.

✌️

Edited by TrailRunner (see edit history)