Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Summer from Rick and Morty

I think it's pretty obvious at this point someone on the staff of "Rick and Morty", shares our fetish. My suspicion is Justin Roiland, because he's been known to make lewd comments and even artwork of the character Summer. In season 2 Summer has been mentioned to have peed herself no less than 3 times, and the only reason we don't see anything is due to Cartoon Network's S&P department. In one episode, Summer has an imaginary friend named Tinkles even, and Rick (one of the characters Justin voices) says "We always hear about this tinkles character, but we never get to-" before the character actually appears.

This picture is on Dan Harmon's instagram, and as you might know he's one of the producers. Knowing how their studio and animation studios like it work, this is probably still on their restroom doors and it was likely Justin's doing. The same account shows Justin making other inappropriate drawings of Summer, and also shows a sample of a standards and practices memo that was probably used to prevent pee stains on the show itself. The second season gets released on home video in 2 weeks, and several bonus features will be included. I already listened to the commentary on season 1 (where I got a lot of my evidence) so if it's more of the same I'm sure something on there will confirm my theory.

All that said this is an incredible show and I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it. Knowing season 3 is hard underway and the show is a massive hit, maybe this recurring joke on Summer's bladder will continue into the third season. And fingers crossed the DVD and Blu-Ray's uncensored versions have a little extra for us.

1172108_599609873469095_118811060_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So I bought the Blu-Ray of season 2 and watched all the animatics and commentaries. There was no mention of Summer's wetting incidents besides what was in the final product. Something of note was in the first case, were "all" the Summers peed their pants during Rick's psychotic break in the time fractures, originally it was the other way around. Before settling on the theme of uncertainty between the siblings they had an older animatic with Summer being the one to knock Rick out, and she points out Mort's accident instead of hers. But on animatic #2 it's as it is in the final product, so somewhere between there they decide to switch the roles, giving Morty more of an arc and giving Summer her first accident. (Or according to the time breaks, her first four...God bless)

These commentaries appeared a lot more constrained than the season 1 commentaries. They had rules involving forbidden topics and it even sounded like they had execs sitting in, so the perverse chatter of Summer was kept to a minimum. Given how swamped they are dealing with the new season nothing was added in terms of video, and the animatic doesn't have any more detail then the finished work. They were still plenty entertaining, and the episodes themselves being uncensored is in and of itself a treat, even if it doesn't throw us any more bones of our taste.

We can only hope whoever's pushing Summer to pee herself so much continues to push jokes through production. During the parasite episode, Someone on the track really loves the idea of the Summer and Tinkles world and hopes to revisit that. Given the nature of the show anything could happen. And in a show where a hot female character refers to her own urinary incontinence three times over ten episodes, I'd say our hope could very will deliver more.

I actually believe that these wetting anecdotes are from the shows highest ranking female writer. I vaguely remember listening to the Podcast Harmon Town before season two aired. Dan Harmon talked about making Summer more than a 2 Dimensional character this season. He said that the opening episode has two female characters wetting themselves because blank "Female Writer" had bladder issues her entire life and wanted to breath those experiences into summer. 

I can't remember her name though.

On 6/8/2016 at 2:08 AM, Plug said:

I actually believe that these wetting anecdotes are from the shows highest ranking female writer. I vaguely remember listening to the Podcast Harmon Town before season two aired. Dan Harmon talked about making Summer more than a 2 Dimensional character this season. He said that the opening episode has two female characters wetting themselves because blank "Female Writer" had bladder issues her entire life and wanted to breath those experiences into summer. 

I can't remember her name though.

If you can find that podcast please do post a link. I had actually heard that before, that the female writers brought that flavor with them. Very cool, and I definitely hope they bring in more whoever they are.

Guest Closed_Account

Yes! I love this show and I noticed it too. It's really interesting to hear my suspicions confirmed and where it's all actually coming from.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...