female Adventures in an Alternate Earth [Wetting Only Version]

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Run angrypussy.exe

Either 1 or 3 works with me~ As long as...

Áine looks at Lynn's mirthy face for a few moments. Sigh. "Alright, what should I know about what we're doing?" "What? We're getting a ring back from a cave for an old man." Lynn said w

Posted Images

Áine breathed a sigh. "Lynn why would you do that?!"

"Have my hands full, and figured you'd be up by now anyway!" Lynn says, cheeky smile and all. "You worked really hard yesterday so I got us breakfast so let's eat!"

She finally lowers her foot and walks into the room.

Áine sighs once more and throws the sheets off. Lynn sets the tray on the table as Áine walks up. "Pasties and cider! Got em fresh!"

Oh that smells nice.

Áine picks up a pastie and quietly noms a bite as Lynn digs in herself. "So," she says swallowing a bite, "what are we gonna do after breakfast?"

"I have those potions to make." Áine says.

"Oooh!" Lynn says, her eyes beginning to beam. "So I get to see you making cool potions like a wizard?"

Áine levels her eyes at the little faery. "It's not magic, it's alchemy."

"Same thing!" Lynn remarks, waving her hand about.

Áine stares.

"Just my favorite kitty will be making potions!" Lynn adds.

My she starts early.

Áine looks at Lynn as she chews another bite. Lynn stares back, her eyes still beamy.

Sigh.

Áine couldn't help but be impressed at her enthusiasm.

"Come on, let's finish breakfast." Áine says.

Áine opens the wooden blinds, letting the morning light in. She leans down and picks up her bag from next to the bed. Walking over to the table in the corner, she rustles through the medium sized sack. Pulling out her pestle and mortar, she places them on the table with a clunk. She pulls out a few other odds and ends, and the leaves they gathered along with some other ingredients as well.

"Soooooo, how does this work?" Lynn asks, leaning over the table inquisitively, arms thrust behind her.

What will Áine do?

1. The short version.

2. The long version.

3. The passionate version.

Edited by MaverickJsmith (see edit history)

"Well," Áine says, "Alchemy is the practice of the idea of taking matter and changing it into something else. Like, taking some spicy berries and turning it into a potion that boils water. Or, a potion made from a soothing plant that heals wounds." Áine gestures around as she talks.

"Ohhhh, so, it's like, you find something that does one thing, and you change it to make it do something else?" Lynn asks.

"Yes, exactly." Áine says.

"So, that sounds like it'd take a long time to learn." Lynn says, standing back up.

"Yes." Áine says. "A very long time."

"Is it hard?" Lynn asks.

"It can be, but I've always tried to learn more and practice to get better." An enthusiastic smile crosses Áine's face as she turns to Lynn.

"Sounds like you like it!" Lynn says with a big smile.

"Yes," Áine says as she turns back to the table, her smile turning warm. She puts a hand on her alchemy book. "I've spent many hours holed up in my room practicing, reading, trying new mixtures."

"Did you ever mess up?" Lynn asks.

"Yes." Áine says with a nod. "I've blown myself up a few times."

Lynn's eyes begin to sparkle. "I bet that made your neighbors freak!"

"A few times." Áine says. "But I never let that stop me."

"You're quite the persistent little kitty." Lynn remarks with that smile of hers.

You have no idea how hard I've had to.

"Well, I better get started." Áine says.

Áine pulls the chair up and sits down at the tiny table. Organizing the ingredients into piles, she pulls out some longer vials from her bag and takes one of the leaves. Tearing a piece off, she plops it into her mortar. Picking up the small white bowl, she takes the pestle and begins grinding it up.

"Sooo you grind that up?" Lynn asks, a curious expression complete with tilted head

"Yes," Áine says. "I need to make it as fine as possible to make it mix easily."

"Does that take long?" Lynn asks, leaning down again.

"Not particularly. Though I have other ingredients I need to prepare."

Lynn looks at the piles of reagents on the table. "You've really got a lot to make."

"We got enough for plenty of potions." Áine says.

As Áine slowly grinds the healing leaf, the expression on her face is one of concentration, but also something else.

A faint look of contentment.

Lynn stares for a moment before walking over and flopping on the bed.

Plop! "If you need anything, just let me know~" she says as she lays the back of her head on her hands and crosses her legs, slowly rocking her head.

Áine doesn't seem to notice.

She grinds the leaf into a fine green, slightly sticky pulp. She picks up one of the long vials, not particularly narrow, but as long as one's hand. Filled with a clear liquid, she uncorks it, and pours the ground leaf in. She takes something from one of the piles between two fingers, and crumbles it into the vial. Taking a few other ingredients she breaks up, pinches, plops in whole, and adds more to the mixture. She puts the cork back in and shakes the vial vigorously, it's contents mixing. It finally turns a bright turquoise.

Áine stares at it for a moment, examining her concoction.

And a little smile crosses her lips.

"One down." she says contently.

Off to the side, Lynn gives a smile as she rests on the bed.

A while later, and a small pile of long, turquoise filled vials sits on the table. Áine reaches for another.

Oh!

"Hey Lynn." she says.

"Mm? What's up Einy?"

"I'm almost out of vials." Áine says turning to Lynn. "Could you get some for me?"

Lynn hops off the bed enthusiastically. "Sure! How many?"

"As many as this will get you." Áine says, pulling out the one silver coin and copper pieces she has.

"Alrighty!" Lynn says taking the coins.

"Just get ones that look the same with a base solution in them."

"Okay! Should be easy enough in a town like this." Lynn stuffs the coins in a breast pocket. "You gonna be okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine." Áine says.

"Kay~! I'll be back!" Lynn says.

She struts out of the room, closing the door.

Sigh.

Áine turns back to the table. She picks up her mortar and begins grinding another piece of leaf. As she works, her look of contentment turns contemplative.

Here I am, putting my skills to use, doing alchemy work.

Grind grind.

But...

She stops.

I'm in the middle of nowhere as far as I'm concerned. Out of the country I grew up in, with everything I have in my bag, out on my own, nearly dying to a pack of wolves...

A little shiver runs up her spine starting from the end of her tail.

In some port town in England, laden with humans who gawk at me.

She lets out a sigh, her ears drooping slightly.

And I'm still being hit on.

She starts grinding again.

This time, she's pensive.

It's all just been a whirlwind. Getting up that morning, tossing Erin into a fruit stand, James, the caravan, the bandits, meeting Lynn...

A little, tiny smile crosses Áine's lips.

I barely know her. And she seems crazy.

A quiet "hmph" passes her lips.

So much has happened I've barely had any time to think about it all. I just woke up and left.

Another vial done.

She reaches for another.

Oh, I've run out.

Her hand hovers for a moment.

She leans back in the chair.

Her emerald eyes look up the wall as she leans back. She sits, staring.

Sigh.

Her head falls, she closes her eyes.

This is harder than I thought.

"Special delivery~" a voice echoes from the other side of the door.

Áine's eyes pop open. She turns around in time to see the door open with Lynn carrying a large bundle in one arm. She walks in, shutting the door behind her and walking over.

"How many did you get?" Áine asks.

Clink! Lynn plops the parcel down on the table. "As many as I could, like you asked!"

Áine opens the bag.

Blink blink.

A small heap of vials lay inside.

"Lynn, there's a ton in here." Áine's eyebrows pop up, as do her ears.

"Yup! Found a little shop that sells alchemy supplies. They sell in bulk, so it was cheap!" Lynn looks quite proud of herself.

"Lynn, this is more than enough."

"Well? What are you waiting for?" Lynn asks. "Get back to enjoying yourself."

What will Áine do?

1. No time to gawk, there are potions to make!

2. ...You noticed?

3. Blink blink. Nya?

Áine has explained the basic idea of alchemy, and showed that it's something she enjoys.

With all those vials, how many potions can Áine crank out?

Find out, as Áine's Adventure continues!

It's been a while since our last installment so here's a big one! New things keep popping up that are keeping me busy despite my best efforts. We'll move forward, maybe slower than before, but our story will continue!

Áine blinks a few times at Lynn. "...Nya?" she ever so quietly lets out as she cocks her head. "...You noticed?" she asks furrowing her brow into a mild quirk.

"How could I not?" Lynn remarks. "Ever since we got here you've been all tense, making those potions seems to make you relax."

Blink.

An odd feeling moves through Áine.

"Sooo, get back to doing what you like!" Lynn adds with a nod.

Áine turns back to the table and starts preparing more components. Lynn flops back onto the bed.

A small, content smile crosses Áine's face.

Clink!

Áine puts down another vial.

"All done."

Lynn hops up and walks over. Áine stretches, thrusting her arms up; letting out a "nnnnnnnya!"

"Einy..."

"Nnh?" Áine turns to Lynn.

"You made a ton!"

A stack of turquoise potions lay on the table.

"Yeah, well we did find a lot of mulceri leaves." Áine says, putting her arms down.

A stack that took up half the table.

Lynn counts them with a pointed finger. She pauses.

A sparkling look fills her eyes.

"Einy, you're gonna make a ton of money!"

"I hope so, there's enough here to help a lot of people." she says as a satisfied look crosses her face.

Lynn stares at the stack of concoctions starry eyed. (*o*)

She really is crazy.

Áine lets out a smiley sigh and hoists herself out of the chair. "Come on let's go turn these i-." She stops. "Oh, I never looked at who the job was from."

Áine leans down and pulls the crumpled add out of her bag. Uncrumpling it, she looks it over.

Her ears snap up straight as a look of surprise pops onto her face.

"What's up? Who's the add from?" Lynn asks.

Lynn walks over and reads the bottom of the add. "...Tanner's house of wear."

What will Áine do?

1. Oh, you're kidding. /sigh

2. Well, time to show this guy I'm worth something.

3. NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?! =OoO=!