Sign In

Welcome to the new OmoOrg!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A small thing I noticed: the "male" and "female" prefixes on topics used to have different colors, which made it easier to tell the difference at a glance. Currently they're both pink.

Get some sleep! And you have my thanks and admiration that you're willing to Go this far for us, for this amazing Forum. And if it helps; the New layout looks clean af imo ;)

I kind of miss the black background; and it feels like some stuff was lost. Definitely looks more organized though. I'll wait till we have a 100% transfer first though before I start spewing rhetoric.

Posted Images

On 5.5.2016 at 9:57 AM, Kirito said:

Hi there!

Concerning the IRC it looks like I messed something up:

When clicking on the link provided by Kirito, it tells me that the site could not be found ...

Any idea what the problem might be (I am using Firefox) :) ?

Cheers,

Bird

Guest pseudonymaddie

I'm loving the new site!

I don't know if it's just me but I'm having trouble with the 'custom sort' on posts, it keeps saying that the search turned up no results. Is this just me and my slow computer or are other people experiencing this?

Hey everyone,

Sorry things have been slow lately. Between trying to take care of all the critical things that still need to be done here and work outside of OmoOrg consuming so much of my time on top of that, I've honestly been a bit overwhelmed lately.

Most of the issues that have been mentioned here will be resolved soon, however.

On 5/8/2016 at 11:41 PM, _Snowflake said:

Not necessarily a bug, but are we going to have the option to see what our followers are doing? Sometimes when I get bored on here, I click on whatever they're doing. Usually ends up working well for me. 

While not exactly what you are requesting, you could create an activity stream that includes only activity from members you are following. These streams auto-update, so you can keep them open and you'll be able to see what all your followers are doing in real-time without ever having to refresh the page.

I think I could probably expand on this a bit with a custom activity stream that also shows a list of your online followers and what they are currently doing in a sidebar widget of sorts (unless they have signed in to the site anonymously, of course). I'll look into doing this a bit further down the road.

17 hours ago, Hummingbird said:

Hi there!

Concerning the IRC it looks like I messed something up:

When clicking on the link provided by Kirito, it tells me that the site could not be found ...

Any idea what the problem might be (I am using Firefox) :) ?

Cheers,

Bird

The web client was still hosted on the old server, which is going to be taken offline soon, but the new web client will be up and running here within the next 24 hours.

16 hours ago, Ich said:

Where is the gender logo by the usernames? I want to know if a girl or a boy has written a message.

And in the old forum, you could see the filesize of attached files. It is a different thing to download a 5 mb or a 300 mb video. Please add this information to the files. 

The gender icons will be added back soon.

As for the filesize of attachments, attachment links are definitely something to be improved on, but this honestly won't be until much later down the road. This is why we have the downloads system for large files and limit attachment uploads to 325MB.

Yes, there's a difference between a 5MB file and a 300MB file, but I don't think it really matters as much as you think it does. You would just delete the file after you've viewed it either way. Or cancel the download if you're incredibly impatient.

On 5/7/2016 at 3:40 AM, Pain said:

Just a few things I wanted to ask, not that it matters but I was just curious. 

The little gender logo we used to have along with our names, will we be getting those back or are they gone for good?

mfl.png 

Those will be added back, a lot of these things are custom modifications I had made to the sites old platform that just have not been ported over yet. They will be added back in time.

The 'Back To Top' button under the profile pictures and 'Go To Top' button at the bottom of the page really helped in moving back to the top without putting in the effort of scrolling all the way. Will we be getting those back?

screen-01.11.49[07.05.2016].png

I looked into this yesterday and I actually have a nice mock-up implementation for a new floating "back to top" now. It just needs a few more tweaks before it's added here.

There used to be a Reputation tab on the user profile which enabled the members to see the source of their reputation points, will that feature be available in the future?

jrp.png

Maybe. If I do add this back, it will probably just be as something that highlights a members most famous posts, instead of a literal reputation feed like that was.

If you're interested in keeping track of reputation you receive, there are notifications you can enable for that, though they may not work presently for non-contributory members. I'll post some more information on that in a later update.

On 5/7/2016 at 6:38 AM, jippy said:

The missing image under you name should be for your renowned badge, you can see the alternate text for it if you hover over it. I assume its only temporarily missing whilst Kirito is finishing something up.

I would second the question if we are getting back the Go to top button though, makes life much easier to get to the site navigation when your done on a topic :)

Also is there a brief explanation of how some of the features work in the new forum? For example I just spent 10 minutes trying to work out how to remove a quote from a post that I accidentally added before realizing you can control right click to do this.

Yep, that's correct. There are still some minor theming issues like that which are being cleaned up, thanks for the report though.

As noted above, the Go To Top button will definitely be added back soon.

I plan to have a bunch of help topics and things of the sort posted in a dedicated section of the site sometime soon-ish, which will explain how to use a lot of the new platforms most powerful features. I'll be sure to add an article on the sites CKEditor when that is done as well.

7 hours ago, Kirito said:

The web client was still hosted on the old server, which is going to be taken offline soon, but the new web client will be up and running here within the next 24 hours.

That´s great news, many thanks again! :)

Since nobody else mentioned problems with the IRC-link, I assumed the problem was on my site. Looks like my timing was just bad. ^^

I think many of us tend to forget that you do all the work by yourself and put you under a lot of stress with all our requests - I feel bad for that :( .

So, take you time! You health comes before making all of us happy. ^^

Cheers,

Bird

Edited by Hummingbird
some more thoughts (see edit history)

With the friends list gone, it  is more difficult to know when they post something new. Before I would know if they posted a status update. I guess I need to rebuild my list of people I want to follow. I would have preferred my friends became people follow. This has caused quite a disconnect.

Also I like knowing how my posts are received, and thus be able to see where I received reputation points . Without that there isn't nearly as much reason to having the system.

Although I am becoming accustomed to the white background, I see on other ( non-pee related) sites, I prefer the dark theme here. It just seems more warm and  welcoming to this genre , as well as slightly naughty.

Edited by wettingman (see edit history)

Converting friends to followers would have resulted in people suddenly subscribing to notifications for everyone on their friends list, which is why this wasn't done.

The friends list didn't actually do anything. Now, if you want to be notified when someone posts something new, you can just follow them and enable notifications. You can even get desktop notifications whenever something is posted by them.

1 hour ago, lulshi said:

Gosh, this looks so.  Basic.  I just want to know what prompted the whole redesign especially when the redesign makes the site look like some crappy, 'I just bought this forum for five bucks' thing.

I suggest you take a design course and have another look. This skin clearly has a lot of thought behind it.

While I'm not a huge fan of the overall feel of it (it feels like a product support forum to me ^_^ ), it is definitely properly executed.

After looking at the new forum for a while, I would personally prefer a different color scheme though.

I find light-on-dark more comfortable for reading (my terminal emulators and text editors are set up that way).

Furthermore, the light-gray around the posts is difficult to see.

On one of my monitors it even shows up as plain white, and the bloody thing doesn't let me calibrate it.

Finally, I assume what prompted this design is the software upgrade. I assume the old skin needs a bunch of work to get it on this version of IPB.

On 6 May 2016 at 9:33 PM, StrikeoutSeekr said:

If you look at the top right you can see a tab titled "Activity"

You can find all recent activity on the site, not just posts.

I had the same question earlier and thought about posting something but noticed that tab.

That's pretty rubbish though, it shows all kinds of other stuff you don't want... also can you customise to show only the forums you're interested in, not all the roleplay crap etc... you certainly could on the old site.

Is there a way to hide old warning messages?  It's kind of annoying to see warnings from 2012/2013 every time I view my profile... :X

Previously, looking at the preview list in the download galleries would display the date an item was added.  Currently, that's no longer shown.

Are there plans to add this?  Is it possible to add it back?

On the old forum, I would use the dates shown to quickly and easily tell if I'd looked at a download yet.  If I knew I hadn't checked since X date, I could easily look at every new file since then.

In general I like the new look, but there are some annoyances.

The normal reply page is gone, I can only find "quick reply" (reply at the bottom of the thread page). The text box feels too small, and there is no "preview". Also, I can't turn on normal bb-code editing.

The rapid scroll when selecting a different page number is really blasting my eyes. I would much prefer a simple jump.

Thread previews (hover of thread titles in forums) take an annoyingly long time to appear. Looks like about 3 seconds. Clicking the topic takes 2 seconds until it's loaded. This sort of defeats the point of having previews. Also, they are lingering way too long when the mouse isn't over them. It's just plain annoying, and also covering other topic titles. At the very least they should vanish when clicking anywhere outside them.

I used to be active like a couple years ago but then stopped. I come back today and was like "MY EYES" cause the new site's blindingly white. lmao

Also not sure if it's a bug or not but because I would always forget my old username/password combination on the old site I just left the login name as the default stuff and set it to remember me but it seems the new site doesn't want to accept those credentials.

Overall a much better layout. Nice and clean, and without junk.

I don't think I've ever seen a signature that actually served a purpose, and that includes mine. It's purely cosmetic, and adds unneeded fluff to a page.

Images, when expanded, actually expand to the size of the browser window, and save as their original filenames (instead of index.jpg, index1.jpg, etc.) which is much nicer.

Mobile layout isn't broken and useless anymore. I would always choose to view the desktop version on my phone but the setting would not persist.

I'm still of the mind we remove reputation all together, but it's not a pressing concern.

I do notice that the "Download All" option for posts and downloads is missing, though. And I recommend having separate color tags for threads that have the tags "Male" or "Female" in them, like the old layout.

Doujinshi should probably have their own tab at the top, as it might be a little difficult to navigate to it from the gallery.

Aside from that, anxiously waiting for the dark version! Thank you for all your hard work.

Oh right, I suggest removing the "Free" tag from the downloads listings. We don't need that, right? ^^

On 7.5.2016 at 5:47 AM, SeverusSnapeFan said:

Hi,

So it's not like a huge issue, considering all the other important stuff that's happening to the site. But um in the Roleplaying realm in the corner there's a tab called 'sort by'. And you can choose how you see post in that forum. Due to the massive amounts of rps in that forum a day, I use the customization feature which has allowed me to only see the rps I replied in. And it helps out a lot. Okay, so digressing back to the issue, the customization is there, however the little check box that says 'save or always use this' is no longer there. And so now when I'm trying to reply to my rps, I've got to either go through the pages and search or customize every single time and it's gotten rather bothersome. Just wanna know what happened to that little box, but like I said no rush or anything.

Thanks!

You can probably bookmark the page after customizing it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tortoise

Oh god, I disappeared from here mid-2015 and come back about a week ago, to CHANGE. Nooooo! *sinks to floor with despair*

Heh! :) Nah. Site looks nice. There are a few things, though, that I've missed/noticed while I've been back!

First, the blindingly white background. It's quite nice, tbh, but can get glaring and hurt my eyes if I'm on here late at night. It'd be nice to maybe have the option to switch from light (new BG) to dark skins (Old BG)  (day mode/night mode, perhaps?) - this way, the new site design doesn't have to be lost.

Secondly, the search widget. I read a LOT of old RPs on here and have done in the past. I've read so often that I know I can type a specific keyword in (e.g. 'Pee' as an example!) and get all the posts in that forum thread with the word 'pee' in - it helped me as I could jump to where I was last reading. Coming back here, that's the one thing I miss - as now, when I search, it doesn't allow me to search within a specific thread (e.g. the one I'm reading) as it did before. Instead, it searches sitewide and this can make it hard for me to accurately find what I'm looking for. I'm sorry if this isn't making sense, but I'd like to know if I could get that back - perhaps I'm missing it, and it is still there!

Thirdly - preview post! That is all!

But on the whole - the design of the site is nice. :)

On 6/2/2016 at 11:55 AM, ChloTheCrazyMofo said:

Coming back here, that's the one thing I miss - as now, when I search, it doesn't allow me to search within a specific thread (e.g. the one I'm reading) as it did before. Instead, it searches sitewide and this can make it hard for me to accurately find what I'm looking for. I'm sorry if this isn't making sense, but I'd like to know if I could get that back - perhaps I'm missing it, and it is still there!

Not sure if this is what you were talking about, but if you click on the search box, a little dropdown comes up to the left of the input field saying "All Content", and if you click on it you can tell it to just be within the particular thread or subforum. Doesn't seem to do anything regarding other threads or subforums, but it's got a "This topic" and "This forum" box, which is close enough, right?

Edited by Sakerarenai (see edit history)
On 2016-06-02 at 8:55 AM, ChloTheCrazyMofo said:

First, the blindingly white background. It's quite nice, tbh, but can get glaring and hurt my eyes if I'm on here late at night. It'd be nice to maybe have the option to switch from light (new BG) to dark skins (Old BG)  (day mode/night mode, perhaps?) - this way, the new site design doesn't have to be lost.

Kirito's said we'll get a dark theme soon :)