Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Welcome to the new OmoOrg!

First, I do apologize for how long the maintenance ended up taking as everything was moved over.

I am still currently in the process of setting a lot of things up, so things may be a bit disorganized and glitchy here and there for the next few weeks.

As it's currently roughly 4AM here and I've been working on little sleep the last few days, I unfortunately do not have the energy to write a detailed post here as I was originally wanting to do. So for right now, here are some of the key issues to be aware of:

• The Fiction system is currently offline. Your submissions to this platform have not been lost. This is only temporary and the application will be re-enabled again soon.
  • Uploads to the gallery are currently disabled. Again, this is just temporary as some things are finalized post-transfer.
  • There are still some theme / styling glitches that are being addressed, but please do report anything you come across either in this forum, or on IRC if I am online at the time.
  • The embedded web client for IRC is currently unavailable. For the time being, you can still access the old web client here:
    https://irc.omorashi.org/?channels=general
  • There may be some performance issues here and there, if you encounter any pages or tasks that take a significantly long time to process, please report it to me on IRC when I am online (preferably, try and catch me online/active on IRC for small reports like this, don't create a thread every time you find a page loading slowly)
  • Yes, OmoOrg's old dark theme will be ported over to the new site in time. No, it is not available right now. I would recommend giving the new template some time anyways and see how you feel after using it for a while. Transitioning to a light template after OmoOrg has used exclusively dark themes for the last 6 years is a pretty significant change that does some time to adjust to.

If you have any questions, concerns, or general feedback, feel free to post it here. As noted in the description however, please keep in mind this forum is only temporary. If you want to make a larger more general suggestion, it would probably be better to post it in the regular Suggestions forum.

Thank you again for your patience throughout this process, it shouldn't be much longer now before we're up and running 100% again.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A small thing I noticed: the "male" and "female" prefixes on topics used to have different colors, which made it easier to tell the difference at a glance. Currently they're both pink.

Get some sleep! And you have my thanks and admiration that you're willing to Go this far for us, for this amazing Forum. And if it helps; the New layout looks clean af imo ;)

I kind of miss the black background; and it feels like some stuff was lost. Definitely looks more organized though. I'll wait till we have a 100% transfer first though before I start spewing rhetoric.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Beatrix said:

One thing I've noticed is that I keep getting a warning that the website isn't secure and it's a risk to my computer. IS there a way to get this fixed, or is it just a glitch?

That shouldn't be happening. What OS/browser are you using, and can you provide a screenshot demonstrating this?

4 hours ago, OmniLisk said:

First and most important question: how do I make the list of forums look like a list (like it always did) and not like Windows 8 start screen?

You can't right now, but I'll add a sub-theme that restores the compact layout

1 hour ago, Kirito said:

That shouldn't be happening. What OS/browser are you using, and can you provide a screenshot demonstrating this?

I'm not sure if this is the same error Beatrix was mentioning, but I'm using chrome on windows 10 and when I type in the url "omorashi.org" I get this response:
oHnoJ.png

1 hour ago, Beatrix said:

One thing I've noticed is that I keep getting a warning that the website isn't secure and it's a risk to my computer. IS there a way to get this fixed, or is it just a glitch?

I had that as well, but once I deleted the "www." out of the url, it worked fine.

Ditto what the other users have said, I'm on chrome and have been getting certificate errors.

For anyone else that experiences this issue, the alert can be easily bypassed by most browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and Opera at least) by clicking the 'Advanced' or 'Further Details' option, there should be a link or button to continue anyway.

39 minutes ago, AdorableFluff said:

I keep getting emails, when i get notifications here, but i don't see an option to turn it off?

There is an option when you posted your message that said if you wanted to get notifications of new replies that I believe was the option to turn it on or off not sure if that helps you or not.