Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

When are you "Wetting"?

If you are doing a hold yourself or you are describing somebody's desperation in a story at what point do you consider a person to be wetting themselves. Some people say it when they are starting to leak and spurt whereas other people (myself included) refer to wetting as being the point of losing all control.

It's interesting because the word wetting is valid whenever it is used. If you leak a couple of times you are "wetting yourself" as you are getting yourself wet. However as I said I myself say that I am wetting myself at the point where I have a full blown accident and am no longer able to hold.

At what point do you say you are "wetting yourself".

I guess it depends on the situation to some extent. If a private hold then I would think the definition is whatever you wish it to be as in whatever challenge you have set yourself. for those who don't like the mess of a full blown flooding they may run toilet at first leak and have considered that a wet, whereas for those like yourself who can continue to fight the urge for some time after this point I makes sense that wetting is the point of total loss.

However if this were a genuine public accident then I'd imagine wetting would be the point at which it becomes noticeable. Again I know people use the term "I've wet myself" for a small leak when laughing or suchlike but I guess in my mind this would only be a wetting where it large enough to leave a noticeable wet patch.

Just my opinion and also very interested In others thoughts.

For me, "wetting' is more of a noun and I completely let go all at once most of the time. As a verb, it's when the individual starts leaking as the garment has begun getting wet. I see it as more of a grammatically correct thing

Now on the topic of Omo, I don't feel a wetting is worth watching unless the bladder gets emptied and there's a large amount of pee.

This was discussed a while back and my stance has remained the same. Small leaks or dribbles in your underwear can be considered almost wetting yourself, as nobody but you knows, just like they don't know it feels like your pee is about to come out, unless you tell them. But once an obvious wet spot appears on your pants, an observer can see you are wet in the crotch area, you have wet your pants, even if just a little.

That said if I am doing a hold the best part is feeling a bit of wetness, while struggling to hold the rest in. I don't just let it out, rather I squeeze squirm, whatever I can do to keep the first drops in. Eventually, I lose control a bit and a few drops dampen my white cotton briefs, and soon after a small wet spot in my blue jeans. If someone saw this they would say I had wet my pants. I continue to hold on tightly as the leaks become bigger spurts, and sometimes, over a period of one to two hours, my jeans become very wet.  I love the feeling my pee is about to come out while straining my sphincter to stop the flow in slightly wet pants.  Only then do I let go pee running down both legs and dripping from my crotch all meeting in a big pale yellow puddle.

Edited by wettingman (see edit history)

I myself asked this same question a while back.

For me, it's when you have leaked, regardless of how much. If I'm holding, and even a small bit escapes, and my pants get wet, then for my money, I have wet my pants. It may only be a small bit, but technically speaking I've wet myself a bit.

It was a bit of a bugbear to me when I posed the question. As often you read stories, particularly female based, where they talk about lots of leaks or dribbles happening, and how wet their panties are, but that's followed up by statements like "I knew that if I didn't go soon, I'd wet myself!"

Well for my money, you've already wet yourself if your panties are wet. It's just a matter of how much. You can wet yourself a little or a lot, but if your underwear gets wet, then you've wet yourself, even if only a little bit.

From a guys perspective, it's easy to be wearing something like khaki shorts or slacks, and have a little dribble after you've peed in the toilet when you've made it in time. The wet spot becomes immediately noticeable. If that happens, I consider that I did in fact make it to the toilet in time, and I did not have an accident. But the end result is still the same. I wet my pants a bit.

If they're wet, you've wet yourself, regardless of circumstances.

• 3 weeks later...

If I were to try to define this...like, my thoughts about how the words read to me:

- With qualifiers at the end, 'wet' just means 'wet at all'; so 'I just wet myself a bit' or 'I just wet myself a lot' both mean there's that amount of wetness, not even necessarily related directly to total loss of control.

- With just 'wet' by itself, it means 'total loss of control' (or 'voluntary surrendering of control'); so 'I just wet myself' means 'I just completely wet myself'.

That's just how I see it, which is maybe weird.  But yeah.

Edited by ThatLimeyWeasel
Fixed a thing I forgot because I'm tired (see edit history)
On 4/20/2016 at 7:42 AM, Barry said:

I myself asked this same question a while back.

For me, it's when you have leaked, regardless of how much. If I'm holding, and even a small bit escapes, and my pants get wet, then for my money, I have wet my pants. It may only be a small bit, but technically speaking I've wet myself a bit.

It was a bit of a bugbear to me when I posed the question. As often you read stories, particularly female based, where they talk about lots of leaks or dribbles happening, and how wet their panties are, but that's followed up by statements like "I knew that if I didn't go soon, I'd wet myself!"

Well for my money, you've already wet yourself if your panties are wet. It's just a matter of how much. You can wet yourself a little or a lot, but if your underwear gets wet, then you've wet yourself, even if only a little bit.

From a guys perspective, it's easy to be wearing something like khaki shorts or slacks, and have a little dribble after you've peed in the toilet when you've made it in time. The wet spot becomes immediately noticeable. If that happens, I consider that I did in fact make it to the toilet in time, and I did not have an accident. But the end result is still the same. I wet my pants a bit.

If they're wet, you've wet yourself, regardless of circumstances.

There's really no need for me to go into detail about this myself, since you just summed my thoughts up perfectly.

15 hours ago, lovetohold said:

Definitely losing all control. 

While you leak and start spurting, you're GETTING wet. You're in the process of wetting yourself fully. But once it's exploding out of you uncontrollably, then you're definitely wetting.

Well, "wetting" is a present progressive form, which is to say it applies when someone is in the process of doing it.

But it's not just a grammar question, is it? It has to do with societal expectations about an embarrassing phenomenon. I've never had the pleasure of actually seeing a wetting, I can only remember seeing it in really young kids. It's not something that was talked about much, so if it ever happened, I never heard of it. So, to me, based on my experience, it's really uncommon. (Which may be totally wrong, since some surveys claim that nearly half the female population leaks occasionally, although really it differs based on how you ask questions - I covered this in an earlier thread.)

Anyways. Point being, to me, it's something that doesn't happen at all, or that's the expectation I've formed (obviously I know it does because of sites like these, but it's not something I expect to encounter in daily life). So I would say you've wet yourself if you've leaked any amount, although obviously there's a difference between "wet" and "completely wet." However, if in your experience it's not uncommon to leak a little bit occasionally, then you might not consider it a big deal and therefore not a "proper wetting", the kind that is very rare in adults and therefore very embarrassing.

I think it really depends on your perspective. If you're a woman and you know half your friends have had a leak while laughing or similar, then that probably doesn't count as a wetting to you. To me the word implies something taboo, naughty and/or embarrassing, so obviously how open people are about it and what exactly is considered "normal" and what crosses the line into "taboo", "that never happens", "OMG worthy" in your experience will define what counts as a wetting to you.

I'm sure there's a sociolinguistics paper to be found here. /über nerd

There are so many forms of wetting...for me it started when I was in Jr. High. It just turned me on more than anything else. Here's an experience I had with an old lover of mine, in which it was just random. 

So, I finally get the nerve to ask this girl out on a date. Getting a little older brings more fun out of random speech. It went more along the lines of, "Let's pretend that I'm asking you out right now." She says, "Sure." I respond with, "Really? Great." She laughs, and picks a time. She also hints that she wouldn't mind having a few beers. Now, been there, done that...been twisted, but what can I say..I was so into the job that I haven't in quite some time. Anyway, we go, I pick a Mexican place I thought was cool. We have a said few beers, and she invites me up to her place to shoot the proverbial. 

"Nice place." I thought. "There's no stuffed animals with ex-boyfriend names attached to them, no books of witchcraft, although there was a poster of Brad Pitt's Legend of the Fall on the wall. Well, that's acceptable. Much better than some old poster of Hanson or whatever. Now that's weird." Lmao. Anyway, everything seemed cool. We're sitting on the couch, and we're joking around having a good time. She has a bottle of wine, and we indulge. 

Eyes are locked, I decide to go in for a kiss. Nothing heavy, just an acknowledgment kiss for beauty. Mind you, I'm 5'8 and she's almost six feet tall. Porcelain white skin, hair, long and black. Green eyes. Used to be a sucker for those. She accepts and continues kissing me. We get up, and I pin her against the wall. I lost track of time there, but we were against that wall for a while. Next thing, I start feeling a hot sensation downstairs...I freaked, and thought, "Nooo, don't explode on yourself...maintain. What's the capital of Lithuania? I know they played USA Dream Team with Michael Jordan back in 1992......" That failed, and I looked down, and her jeans were completely soaked, soaking my area in the process. She looked at me, and said, "I was loving this so much, I didn't want to leave." 

That to me, is "wetting". Long story, I know. But, it's just that point to where you're in a form of bliss that you just don't care and release everything with that person. 

Edited by maxpz (see edit history)

For me it's a personal sexual thing. When someone leaks I prefer it to be said as that compared to wetting which would be when they completely loose control. I just like having a clearer picture of what exactly happened, so I particularly prefer to not say wetting if it is a slight leak. There's also something charming about leaking without fully wetting.