Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Taking translation requests

Okay guys, here's an example of an edit I just quickly did! Let me know any feedback/ideas/etc.

Here's the original (translating found here: http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=493518 )

attachicon.gifpt1.jpg

Here's my edit:

attachicon.gifpt1 translated.png

I've gone for the ol' mirrored image to allow for left-to-right english, but would you guys and girls prefer it as regular right-to-left or would it better on a per-image case?

Personally, I'd suggest not mirroring it.  I read backward anyway, though XD

Oh boy i hope its mine XD!

Yours should be done by the end of today, but there's a chance that I may become dissatisfied and rework the whole fuckin' thing, something that I'm very prone to doing XD

If that does happen, might take another day or two, but it should be done by today.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have decided to take requests for translating omo comics (and possibly stories in the future) from Moonspeak (Japanese) to English.  God only knows how this will turn out, and I'm willing to bet tha

Complaining about what is basically a gift or a favor not being timely is not a way to make the person giving stuff feel good about what they're doing. Take your time OP. Do what you must. And th

Well that explains it. Would've been nice if you had told us earlier but beggers can't be choosers.

Posted Images

Glad you enjoyed it  :happy: I could do the right-to-left but not everyone would realise that if they were to see it in english before the japanese version - hey, at least it's an english edit though  :lol: x

Non-mirrored is preferred. I think in these parts the only choice you have is to assume readers will know which way to read. Especially since this is a translation project.

Thanks to Little Zam, IT HAS BEEN ACHIEVED. At least the first part of this has, hopefully my editing is suitable!

Let me know what I should improve on  :happy:

attachicon.gifChun-Li.rar

That was absolutely splendid! The type setting looked fantastic. It honestly makes a huge difference actually being able to understand what the pages are saying. Thank you so much for your hard efforts! If you ever need a copy of Photoshop (I know you stated you used paint.net) let me know. Least I can do to help with the cause.  

Thanks to Little Zam, IT HAS BEEN ACHIEVED. At least the first part of this has, hopefully my editing is suitable!

Let me know what I should improve on  :happy:

attachicon.gifChun-Li.rar

Ohhhh, that's a wonderful job! Can't wait to see more!

That was absolutely splendid! The type setting looked fantastic. It honestly makes a huge difference actually being able to understand what the pages are saying. Thank you so much for your hard efforts! If you ever need a copy of Photoshop (I know you stated you used paint.net) let me know. Least I can do to help with the cause.  

Agreed!

Personally I think Paint.net is much more manageable for type setting, though it's more of familiarity than anything.

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Lugia said:

Well that explains it. Would've been nice if you had told us earlier but beggers can't be choosers.

Complaining about what is basically a gift or a favor not being timely is not a way to make the person giving stuff feel good about what they're doing.

Take your time OP. Do what you must. And thank you. You are burning your time on us, and getting nothing in return other than good feels. It's appreciated.

Edited by tenck5k (see edit history)
23 hours ago, tenck5k said:

Complaining about what is basically a gift or a favor not being timely is not a way to make the person giving stuff feel good about what they're doing.

How the hell did that sound like complaining? I swear to God I can't mention anything on here about someone taking a long time to do something without upsetting someone.

1 hour ago, Lugia said:

How the hell did that sound like complaining? I swear to God I can't mention anything on here about someone taking a long time to do something without upsetting someone.

I apologize, but I do believe "Would've been nice if you had told us earlier" comes off as complaining to most, as it does to me. Even with the second half of the sentence there, the first half damns the rest to sound negative. Your wording is why it sounded like a complaint. As for the someone taking a long time bit, that...definitely comes off as complaining...

That being said..my apologies for stepping on your toes. I did not mean things as an attack, I've just been hanging out on too many forums where the only posts in threads I like seem to be "so is this still being worked on? Are you still alive? Is this still happening?" and I took it out on you.

On 5/16/2016 at 2:20 AM, tenck5k said:

I apologize, but I do believe "Would've been nice if you had told us earlier" comes off as complaining to most, as it does to me. Even with the second half of the sentence there, the first half damns the rest to sound negative. Your wording is why it sounded like a complaint. As for the someone taking a long time bit, that...definitely comes off as complaining...

That being said..my apologies for stepping on your toes. I did not mean things as an attack, I've just been hanging out on too many forums where the only posts in threads I like seem to be "so is this still being worked on? Are you still alive? Is this still happening?" and I took it out on you.

I don't think he actually meant it as a complaint. Or at least it didn't seem hostile to me. I actually have to agree that if there is a problem, it's usually a good idea to inform the readers of said problem. A writer wouldn't go on hiatus, and not inform the fans about said hiatus :P

3 hours ago, ExplosiveTurtlez said:

I don't think he actually meant it as a complaint. Or at least it didn't seem hostile to me. I actually have to agree that if there is a problem, it's usually a good idea to inform the readers of said problem. A writer wouldn't go on hiatus, and not inform the fans about said hiatus :P

Thank God someone understands me.

On 5/17/2016 at 9:29 AM, ExplosiveTurtlez said:

As a writer myself who has gone on multiple hiatuses without telling my several hundred fans on FFnet (though all my planned hiatuses, I'll admit I told them about), I can attest that it does happen on occasion. But usually if a writer doesn't tell their fans about a hiatus it's because it wasn't intended to be one initially and so they just didn't think to talk about it. I'm assuming that's sort of what happened here, too, based on what the OP has said about it.

But anyway, Lugia's comment is justifiable given the circumstances and contextually doesn't sound like a complaint (I mean, he even balanced the perceived offense out with what he said right after, how exactly is it a complaint when he counters his own words?). More of a... shall we say... gentle reminder, maybe? Suggestion for the future? I dunno, for all the words English has, it seems to lack lots of phrases to get across certain exact meanings. I can't figure out how to say it perfectly, and English is my first language. I can only imagine how confusing it can be for people who learned it later in life...

Edited by writerforce6 (see edit history)

I stopped responding to comments regarding this because the topic has been derailed hard enough as is. Based on responses and upvotes, multiple people disagree with each other regarding this. This is the internet, no one is going change their mind, so all this serves is to fill this thread with unrelated posts. I apologize for starting us down this path, and suggest that we simply drop it and let the thread return to translation requests?