Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Pull-up Reccommendations?

I've been considering for some time trying out pull-ups - just for fun at this point rather than full-time wear, so I really only want something inexpensive, that I don't have to order online - I'm looking for something fairly generic I could pick up on a whim. Any recommendations for particular brands, including store brands? Also: bonus points if it's usually available at Wal-mart, since they have self-checkouts - no need to interact with nosy cashiers!

Haha. It is. It's still a pretty hard waist size to be, though. You'd need to be slender of hip, butt, and thigh, and I'd assume a 32" waist or slimmer. (Though maybe someone can comment if they fit a larger waist?)

I don't know my dimensions at all, lol.... I know I can get down to less than 120 pounds, though, because I've done it before. I'll admit, though, it mostly just amuses me to think of myself working out and eating right and behaving in an extra adult and responsible manner mainly for the purpose of fitting into a diaper!

Haha. It is. It's still a pretty hard waist size to be, though. You'd need to be slender of hip, butt, and thigh, and I'd assume a 32" waist or slimmer. (Though maybe someone can comment if they fit a larger waist?)

Can comment, can go bigger than that. Of course, at that point the elastic will wear out quicker but it's still comfortable and one of my fav diapers. Am a tall man who during the peak of my wearing weighed 215 about with a 34-36 waist.

Actually, back when I used to wear a lot, I could also generally fit into the largest Pull-Ups (6t is it?) and if I stitched the "easy tear" seams on Easy-Ups could even sqqqqquuuuuueeeeeze into those. I was probably hovering somewhere between 34 and 36 at that point.

But yes, if you've got an itty bitty waist and a round thing in people's faces, well congratulations but also then it might be trickier. Probably why GNs are rated moreso by weight than measurements.

Can comment, can go bigger than that. Of course, at that point the elastic will wear out quicker but it's still comfortable and one of my fav diapers. Am a tall man who during the peak of my wearing weighed 215 about with a 34-36 waist.

Actually, back when I used to wear a lot, I could also generally fit into the largest Pull-Ups (6t is it?) and if I stitched the "easy tear" seams on Easy-Ups could even sqqqqquuuuuueeeeeze into those. I was probably hovering somewhere between 34 and 36 at that point.

But yes, if you've got an itty bitty waist and a round thing in people's faces, well congratulations but also then it might be trickier. Probably why GNs are rated moreso by weight than measurements.

Well maybe I will finally try goodnights. I'm about 215 with a 34 waist and always assumed they would not fit. Thanks for the advice. Love the Sir-mix-a lot reference... lol I like big butts and I cannot lie!

I have a measured 36 inch waist and wear 32 pants. They look a lot more like a speedo than a pull up should. I would second the Always Discretes.  

• 1 month later...

I've tried a couple varieties now....not the RealFit ones yet, I want to try those next.... so far all the adult kinds I've tried seem to fit comfortably but a bit on the loose end of things, even if I get the smallest size. I guess I'll have to try out some of the ones geared for kids at some point - though I assume they don't hold as much liquid as adult ones?

Well, if you're in Western Europe (probably not, but still), you might try the pull-ups from the drugstore chain 'Kruidvat'. They are a bit cheaper than DryNites/GoodNites but kinda have the same feel. The main difference is that the sides are more like the ones you'de find on adult pull-ups and super flexible, while the front is much more like traditional DryNites or Underjams. Their size goes up considerable without feeling like an adult pull-up too much (which I find a bit boring and a bit to frilly).

https://www.kruidvat.be/nl/kruidvat-unisex-extra-large-pyjamabroekjes/p/2911315

I second the Kruidvat reccomendation.  Well made, pullup like fit, colourful but not as babyish as Goodnites as they are unisex.. Unfortunately they only seem to be available in Belgium and the Netherlands. If anyone knows how to buy the same product in Germany let me know :)

The Goodnites work alright, but I second the suggestion about the Always discreet underwear.  I love those.  To me they feel just like training pants, the fit well, and can hold quite a bit before leaking.  Bonus points that they are available ar WalMart.

I know that the packaging/etc says they are for women, but as a guy, I found they also fit my needs perfectly.