Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female My cousin, the bedwetter

Early this morning, I woke up to a very wet bed. So naturally I texted Stephanie. This is how the text conversation went:

Me: Hey are you awake?

Stephanie: Yeah. I just got up to change. Why? What's up?

Me: I had another accident :/

Stephanie: Awww how bad?

Me: Pretty bad. The bed was soaked.

Stephanie: Well if it makes you feel better, that's how almost every night goes for me lol

Me: Lol thanks I feel so much better now :P

Stephanie: And at least you have your own room up at school! I have to try and hide my wet bed from 2 roommates

Me: That's true lol I can hang out in my room in just my diaper if I want to haha

Stephanie: Lol so jealous

Me: You still need to come up and visit me! We haven't had a sleepover in forever

Stephanie: Um yes! We have to do that very soon! But I'm tired and I've got a dry diaper on so I'm gonna get some more sleep

Me: Okkkk. I love you

Stephanie: I love you more! Stay dry sweetie <3

While we were having that whole conversation, I was bringing my wet sheets and pajamas to my laundry room and putting on a diaper. After we finished texting, I got back into bed a slept the rest of the night in nothing but a diaper.

You're so lucky to have someone to share bedwetting with. I was all alone with my bedwetting, and it was no fun. You and Stephanie seem to have made your sleep wetting more bearable for each other. In college I was like Stephanie, having two roommates to keep my wetting secret from, not to mention having to hide yellow spots on my sheets when I went to get new ones from the college laundry service every two weeks.

I'm curious why you don't just wear a diaper to bed every night. If you don't wet it, then you can reuse it until it gets funky. Wouldn't that be better than having to wash wet sheets? Or do you wet so much that your diaper often leaks? If that's the case, have you tried sleeping on a waterproof pad, either disposable or washable? Of course if part of you likes waking up in a wet bed, these ideas are not useful.

Edited by gobphus (see edit history)

Well now that I have to pay for diapers on my own, I can't always afford to buy them. I also don't usually wet the bed often enough to warrant wearing every night. That being said, part of me does like waking up to a wet bed when I'm feeling a bit naughty ;)

Yeah, diapers can be expensive. I wear diapers a majority of days and nights now, and the Abenas and NorthShore briefs and pullups that I use cost me about $500 a year.

So, when you woke up wet last night, did you feel "a bit naughty"? If so, I hope you took advantage of that feeling to have a bit of fun. Oddly enough, when I wake up wet 1-2 times a year, I'm usually not aroused but mainly curious about what happened. I want to experience it, remember what it was like, even to record it with pics and vids. A good friend of mine, a woman who wets the bed much more often than I do, also often doesn't feel aroused just after waking up wet. After she's lain in her wetness for a while, thinking about it, feeling it, she does get aroused and then takes care of herself sexually.

I wanted to share with all of you another story about my dear cousin and I. Stephanie has 4 siblings (3 sisters, 1 brother) and I have 2 brothers. But of our families, we were the only ones who were bedwetters. All of them are usually very understanding for the most part, but as children they would occasionally use our bedwetting and diaper wearing against us. Stephanie's eldest sister, Katie, was always the worst when it came to the taunting. Katie is 3 years older than I am but has always acted as though she were an adult and Stephanie and I were children.

During one of our many sleepovers, Katie happened to walk into the room right as Stephanie and I were changing into our goodnites. As 14 and 12 year old girls, you can imagine how mortifying this was; desperately trying to be seen as mature while trying to ignore the fact that I just pulled up my pants to conceal a diaper. Katie was in a particularly foul mood that night over some reason or another, so the taunts began flying. After Katie decided we had been humiliated enough, she eventually left us to ourselves. Sleep came and went and eventually we both woke up to face the morning and our soaked diapers.

However, that morning we learned a fact that proved to me that God exists and he sympathizes with bedwetters. As we walked downstairs, we saw my aunt putting soiled sheets into the wash. Stephanie and I were bewildered. We had both just gotten up and neither of our diapers had leaked. We crept into Katie's room and saw that the sheets had been stripped from her bed and the mattress had the telltale wet spot. My 17 year old cousin had wet the bed.

Later when my mother had come to pick me up, I overheard her ask my aunt if she had any laundry to deal with. My aunt told her that I had no problems in the night but my cousin Katie had a little accident late last. Stephanie and I never mentioned the incident to Katie, nor did Katie ever give us trouble about it again... except for one time. When Katie mentioned some snide remark about our bedwetting issues within earshot of my aunt, she quickly replied "don't forget that they're not the only ones who have wet the bed in this house." Katie blushed a brighter red than I have ever seen.

Thanks for posting this happy ending to Katie's tormenting of you and Steph. Katie seems to have been an angry and unhappy girl. Maybe she was jealous of your closeness to each other. Maybe her behavior was the result of some stress she was under. Bedwetting is a common symptom is stress. Has she mellowed in the years since she was teasing you?

• 2 years later...