Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Need Anime to watch!

So, I'm really bored and I need anime to watch. I'll post a list of animes that I've already seen. I've seen a lot and that leaves me with little good anime. Anyway, I tend to watch romance then anything else.

I've watched:

Soul Eater

Inuyasha

Wolf's Rain

Itazura na Kiss

Kamisama Kiss

Elven Lied

Soul Eater

Little Monster

Vampire Knight

DRAMAtical murders

No. 6

Black Butler

Hetalia

RomeoxJuliet

Crap, my mind has gone blank. There's more I just can't think of them. Oh well, I'll just tell you if I've seen it or not, if the anime has omorashi then that doesn't hurt either! Thanks in advance!

Full Moon wo Sagashite (music, romance, magical, slice of life)

Clannad (romance, slice of life, school life)

Psycho-pass (futuristic and philosophical..there is action and violence..very realistic characters)

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (comedy, supernatural, school life, a bit of romance)

Sasami-san @ ganbaranai (comedy, super natural, romance,slice of life..there is a bit of incest. I'm upset that there was only 1 season, but someone is currently translating the light novels into english!)

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata (currently airing anime..harem, romance, comedy...about an otaku making an eroge..it's cute and funny ^_^)

Welcome to the NHK (slice of life, romance, drama, dark comedy..it is hilarious in parts, depressing in others..entertaining but not to be taken lightly..deals with mental disorders and such)

Gugure Kokkuri-san! (slice of life, supernatural, comedy..freakin hilarious and wacky characters..a real feel-good anime)

Toradora! (romance, school life, slice of life)

These are just some off the top of my head that I really enjoy! I can describe them more in-depth if you want or suggest more if needed. :3

Edited by TigerBlade0911 (see edit history)

Well, here are ones I've watched and enjoy, I made sure not to repeat ones already listed. I'll list the genre it is to help a little.

Death Note (Mystery/Action)

Code Geass (Action)

The Familiar of Zero (Zero's Familiar) (Romance/Comedy/Action)

Case Closed (Detective Conan) (Mystery/Comedy) (This one has been ongoing since 1996!)

Steins;Gate (Time travel (not really a genre, but still))

There are more, but either they're already listed or I didn't enjoy them enough to feel like putting it on this list.

Edited by Justice (see edit history)
Guest Britney

What has left to be mentioned is Kanon, one of my personal favorites (Slice of life, Romance)

Then there is K-ON...most adorable anime I have ever watched (slice of life, comedy)

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood has not been mentioned (Action)

I know Haruhi Suzumiya was already mentioned but I'll still recommend it.

Ouran High School Host Club (Slice Of Life, Bit of Romance, Comedy)

Akame ga Kill (Action, Comedy)

Nanatsu no Taizai (Action, Comedy, Ongoing)

Magi: Labyrinth of Magic (Action, Comedy)

These are the only animes I can think of right now...I know I have seen a lot more though!

It's hard to get, but if you have the chance see Monster. It's brilliant, and intelligent, but there was a lot of screwing over of it on the part of others so I don't know where you could get it.

Also even though it's sort of an indie anime without that big of a budget, Noein. It's pretty complicated though, basically the anime Donnie Darko, but if you like that movie then you're all set.

Last one of my personal favorites Black Lagoon. Basically if Quentin Tarantino was allowed to make an anime. The second season is a problem though. It sort of fizzles out about halfway through, other than that, it's great.

Well, here are ones I've watched and enjoy, I made sure not to repeat ones already listed. I'll list the genre it is to help a little.

Death Note (Mystery/Action)

Code Geass (Action)

The Familiar of Zero (Zero's Familiar) (Romance/Comedy/Action)

Case Closed (Detective Conan) (Mystery/Comedy) (This one has been ongoing since 1996!)

Steins;Gate (Time travel (not really a genre, but still))

There are more, but either they're already listed or I didn't enjoy them enough to feel like putting it on this list.

I could have sworn I put The Devil is a Part-Timer on that list, but I guess I must have forgotten.

Anyways, The Devil is a Part-Timer is mostly comedy, and it's sorta what I wanted Trigun to be and actually pick a genre instead of switching it constantly.

Stuff off the top of my head.

Forgive how I know some more by their Japanese titles, and some by their English titles, and some by Japanese shorthand titles.

Hikan no Aria (Pretty ecchi action with a plot)

Hayate no Gotoku (I don't even know what to call this, mostly parody comedy I guess)

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou (Reminds me of Toradora in ways, also J.C. Staff handled)

Usagi Drop (Just plain cute guy taking in a girl and taking care of her)

Henneko (Funny, perverted)

Shakugan no Shana (Starts out as a slice of life with occasional intense action, but over time develops a crazy plot)

That's all I can think of. I've seen tons of anime, so maybe I'll think of more.

Well...

Sonic X

School Days

Boku no Pico

Oh, and Pupa.

Definitely do watch them, they are definitive masterpieces of the genre.

In all honestly I did enjoy School Days, though. It's been years since I've seen it but seeing the famous outcome was quite refreshing to me, in a world where shitty romcom/eroge adaptation MCs just get the worst girl at the end otherwise.

The ratio of bad shows to good show in this topic is alarming.

Watch Pripara. And Gundam, pretty much any of them but the MSG Three Movie Compilation is a good start. Smile Precure. Tiger and Bunny, someone said, and it's great. Denpa Onna. Katanagatari. Tatami Galaxy. Mitsudomoe, Nichijou, Idolmaster (NOT CINDERELLA GIRLS). Mayo Chiki, Penguindrum. The boy Nichijou. Tsuritama. Yuru Yuri. Kill La Kill, Gurren Laggan, FLCL, Panty and Stocking, Neon Genesis Evangelion.

The list goes on but watch those. ALL of them.

Some pretty big titles being missed ITT

Love Hina

Seitokai Yakindomo

Seitokai no Ichizon

No Game No Life

Outbreak Company

Sakura Trick (because Yuri romance)

Shuffle

To Love-Ru

Kiss X Sis

Date A Live

Trinity Seven

Nisekoi

Non-Non Biyori (SoL)

The entire Monogatari series

MADOKA MAGICA (C'mon anime fans, get it together that this hasn't even been mentioned yet)

Kiniro Mosiac (SoL)

Lucky Star (SoL)

Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Ilya

Chuunibyou

Oregairu

Haganai

Could go on, but theres more than enough there to start

And never EVER watch Ore no Imouto, unless you like punching holes into your monitor (or tablet, phone, w/e). I'd also suggest never watching Grisaia no Kajitsu, simply because it's butchered beyond belief (and is my favorite Visual Novel of all time)

It's hard to get, but if you have the chance see Monster. It's brilliant, and intelligent, but there was a lot of screwing over of it on the part of others so I don't know where you could get it.

I have recently started watching Monster and I second this especially if you like thinky/psychological animes and mysteries.

One anime that I really like that is a bit more on the lesser-known side is 07-Ghost. Though if you don't like animes that don't follow the whole manga then maybe not (the second season was apparently cancelled and it was released in 2009 so I doubt there will be one). It's pretty similar to No. 6 from what I've heard (haven't seen No. 6 but plan to).

Death Parade --- a good one I just completed. Can't really tell you much about it, as it might spoil the first episode a bit. (try not to cry, it can be hard sometimes, but not all the time)

Nana --- Been a while since I watched this, but a good-hearted story about the friendship of two girls of two different lifestyles living in the same apartment and have the same name.

Spice and Wolf --- Been a while since I watched this too, but from what I recall the two main characters are quite dynamic and intriguing.

Ghost in the Shell --- Just throwing this one in here because it will always be in my top spot for favorite anime. Pyshcological at times, futuristic, crime drama, cyborgs, stuff that makes you think, and more good things.

Maria the Virgin Witch --- Once you get past the echhi in the early parts, this anime, which takes place in the 1400s during the hundred years' war between France and England, has prooved thought-provoking at times with how we should consider God and how the Church of our Earth exploits its doctrine.

There are others I could mention but they were already posted so no need to say them again.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Must See List:

<ul>
<li><a href="http://myanimelist.net/anime/339/Serial_Experiments_Lain">Serial Experiments Lain</a></li>
<li><a href="http://myanimelist.net/anime/885/Tenshi_no_Tamago">Angel's Egg(OVA)</a></li>
<li><a href="http://myanimelist.net/anime/3701/Kaiba">Kaiba</a></li>
<li><a href="http://myanimelist.net/anime/437/Perfect_Blue">Perfect Blue(Film)</a></li>
<li><a href="http://myanimelist.net/anime/43/Ghost_in_the_Shell">Ghost in the Shell(Film)</a></li>
<li><a href="http://myanimelist.net/anime/320/A_Kite">A Kite(OVA)</a>WARNING: Extremely graphic content</li>
<li><a href="http://myanimelist.net/anime/477/Aria_the_Animation">Aria the Animation</a></li>
<li><a href="http://myanimelist.net/anime/19/Monster">Monster</a></li>
<li><a href="http://myanimelist.net/anime/47/Akira">Akira</a></li>
</ul>

Additional Notes;

• Serial Experiments Lain, Angel's Egg and Perfect Blue are all very dark, surreal and interpretive. This proves troublesome for some people to get through, but trust me all are very much worth sitting through.
  • A Kite is labeled as a "hentai", but it is much closer to a X rated film. That being said it was banned in many countries on it's release.(Not for the faint of heart and weak of stomach.)
  • Ghost in the Shell also had an additional movie, 2 very good anime and 5 OVA's. So if you want more after the movie, there is an abundance.
  • Aria The Animation has 2 more seasons plus an OVA and is probably the best SoL anime ever made imo.
  • 1 month later...