Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

How to deal with wet shoes?

I like the idea of wetting in public, and have done so a couple of times in dark clothes so it doesn't show. Clothes are easy to wash, but what about shoes? Unless I'm sitting down, they're definitely going to get wet!

I don't want to put them in the washing machine for fear of breaking it. Best I can do is rinse them in the shower then dry them in front of the fire, but it takes a while and isn't the most thorough wash. I'm using trainers that I don't really wear for anything else, but over time I'm worried they'll start to smell if I don't have a good washing technique! It's also frustrating having to wait for them to dry out before I can wet again.

Anyone got any suggestions? I could wear different shoe types like sandles, but it'll be 4°C outside by the end of this week, so that's not a great option at the moment!

Maybe they mostly use suitable shoes. Waterproof material. I remember one text from website like this in my country, where girl wrote how she had to throw away her shoes. She had accidentally peed her light brown winter boots (suede, furry inside) after "too funny" evening. Colour recovered somehow, but smell didn't. No matter what she did to them.

Summertime is much easier. Like my two serious accidental wettings. First accident happened with tennis shoes and no problem to wash them afterwards, but during that latest incident I realized very soon what will happen and took away my heels. Never know about leather.

Edited by MissMiniMe (see edit history)

The smell should not be a problem with leather shoes since at least part of the smell of leather comes from the urine used in the tanning process. I don't have leather shoes but my leather skirt just smells like leather and I sit and wet myself in it every time I wear it. As far as leather is concerned as long as you let them dry between wettings they should not smell noticeably more than any other shoes.

All of my shoes have had good soakings with pee, and fortunately they are all heels that are very open which makes life a lot easier because they dry quickly while I am wearing them as well as overnight. When I have been peeing down my legs I just leave them to dry mostly. Sometimes I wear them in the shower when I get home and they get a rinse, but not very often. Pee can sometimes affect the glue used to hold shoes together. I have had a few pairs that fell apart after wetting in them - but I just take them to Timpson's and the nice man glues them back together better than new (they don't fall apart again) and he never comments on the smell or anything, they just smell like worn shoes.

If you are going to wet yourself pee a lot, with lots of dilute pee and do it often so that the fresh pee washes out the old stale pee. 10ml of strong pee will result in a lot more smell than 2l of dilute pee!

I suspect that you can be resourceful and make some drain holes in the bottom of your shoes to aid the rinsing effect while you wet yourself. If I did not wear open shoes that is what I would do anyway.

Not shoes, but for wetting leather I know my friend Aoi who rides on her "wife" Rin's motorcycle. Sometimes on long and exciting rides she has been unable to hold it and has had an accident in her leggings. She said that leather recovered well from the smell of pee and just soaking the leggings was fine. I would guess that shoes smelling bad would be from non leather material getting wet. I know that my shoes (trainers and flat heeled shoes, I don't wear high heels) have mostly recovered from wetting accidents before, with only a faint smell of pee that nobobdy not sniffing for it would notice. I just blotted most of the pee out with newspaper and sprayed them with deodrant. :happy: The time when John made me get rid of shoes was when I had a massive messing accident on a train and on the walk home, the mess flowed down my legs and got on my shoes. But just wetting should be fine in my experience.

Thanks for the advice everyone! It sounds like trainers would be OK if washed and dried gentlty, with newspaper to help out. Will still take a while though. I haven't tried with leather shoes, when I replace my current ones I can wet in them and see how well it cleans up. Hopefully they'd dry quicker than trainers too.

Might check out canvas shoes next time I'm in town, see if I can get some cheap wetting ones!

I just wear a really old pair of trainers that I don't give a crap about. For the most part, not a lot of pee gets into them so I just stick them outside to dry out. The fresh air and maybe a bit of Febreze gets rid of any smell and they're ready for next time.

If you're living somewhere where somebody might ask why you're leaving your shoes outside, you can always just say they got a bit stinky and you're airing them out, which is kinda true :P

I like the idea of wetting in public, and have done so a couple of times in dark clothes so it doesn't show. Clothes are easy to wash, but what about shoes? Unless I'm sitting down, they're definitely going to get wet!

I don't want to put them in the washing machine for fear of breaking it. Best I can do is rinse them in the shower then dry them in front of the fire, but it takes a while and isn't the most thorough wash. I'm using trainers that I don't really wear for anything else, but over time I'm worried they'll start to smell if I don't have a good washing technique! It's also frustrating having to wait for them to dry out before I can wet again.

Anyone got any suggestions? I could wear different shoe types like sandles, but it'll be 4°C outside by the end of this week, so that's not a great option at the moment!

Boots are fantastic for this, for me.  It's really nice to have them fill up =3

Guest Kooriki

You could try the old "snowboarding on rainy days" trick: A plastic bag in your shoe. You'll still get a lot of pee in your socks and on the outside of your shoes, but the inside of your shoes will be ok

• 4 years later...
On 1/27/2015 at 1:48 PM, Kimiko3 said:

Not shoes, but for wetting leather I know my friend Aoi who rides on her "wife" Rin's motorcycle. Sometimes on long and exciting rides she has been unable to hold it and has had an accident in her leggings. She said that leather recovered well from the smell of pee and just soaking the leggings was fine. I would guess that shoes smelling bad would be from non leather material getting wet. I know that my shoes (trainers and flat heeled shoes, I don't wear high heels) have mostly recovered from wetting accidents before, with only a faint smell of pee that nobobdy not sniffing for it would notice. I just blotted most of the pee out with newspaper and sprayed them with deodrant. :happy: The time when John made me get rid of shoes was when I had a massive messing accident on a train and on the walk home, the mess flowed down my legs and got on my shoes. But just wetting should be fine in my experience.

I would love to know more about that messing accident on the train!! :3

I'm very familiar with this problem. I ruined a lot of shoes over the years. Since I have a lot of wetting accidents in public and most of them happen when I'm standing, pee usually ends up in my shoes and sometimes part of it stays there for hours, before I get home and can properly clean them. Sooner or later, shoes start to smell like pee, no matter if they're plastic material or real leather. Of course, plastic material is worse.  When I'm dressed as a man, I usually wear sneakers if I expect a possible wetting. I can put them in washing machine if pee gets in them. But with female shoes I have more problems. I can't put them in washing machine and nothing else seem to work particularly well, especially with pumps and boots. Open sandals are less problematic, because the're easier to clean, but soft insoles still get soaked with pee and smells bad.

To limit the damage, I wash shoes with water as soon as possible after wetting, but that's just not enough, if I don't do it right away and have a lot of running water. And usually there isn't any near by, especially not plenty of it.  Just water from drinking bottle is not enough. But it's still better than nothing, of course. If I'm near a public fountain and it's not too much people around, usually at night, I just step in the water for a minute.

When I come home, I usually use pee cleaning solution from pet store for cleaning carpets. I also tried with vinegar and baking soda. But no matter the solution, eventually shoes start to smell and I have to throw them away. Usually the smell is not so strong, but you can notice it in a warm room without other strong odours, especially if you wear the shoes and body warms the shoes.

To dry shoes after washing, I use portable electric heater for rooms. It's efficient and I can use it even when the central heating in the apartment block is turned off.

But even if I manage to get the smell out of the shoes every time, they pretty quickly deteriorate from constant washing and get ugly or fell apart. Due to bad smell or constant washing, I destroy and throw away at least 10 pairs of female shoes every year.

My best suggestion is, to have dedicated inexpensive shoes for wettings, clean them as long it's possible, than just throw them away and buy a new pair. 

On 1/27/2015 at 5:09 AM, WildRoseBaby said:

You could get yourself a pair of cheap canvas shoes. easy to wash and with not cushioning inside they dry faster than pretty much anything else.

On 1/27/2015 at 7:32 PM, Seth said:

Another solution could be to wear shoes that can stand the washing machine. I've heard that converse (and bad reproductions of them) can stand being washed, but I'm not completely sure. http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Converse-All-Stars Perhaps this also works for other kind of fabric shoes. Worth a shot 🙂

I always have a pair of "dedicated" wetting shoes, especially for summer, which are super cheap canvas shoes (less than €10 a pair). They are not super comfortable, but they are okay. After a wetting, I rinse them really well and sometimes let them soak overnight with some gentle handwash laundry detergent. I then let them dry by putting old newspapers inside them (this is supposed to make drying easier, don't ask me why - I had to cycle through the rain a lot in my life).

On 2/1/2015 at 7:04 PM, writeandleft said:

I wear flip flops when I want to have a wetting.  No one comments about flip flops and I just rinse them off and call it good.  You could also wear Crocks, but then you are wearing Crocks, so that is no good.

This depends so much on season and temperature (and what you plan on doing). But open shoes, flipflops or sandals (with "watertight soles") would always work best.

I have never actually worn boots or something like that while wetting. Another thing I commonly do it wet while sitting down, which means that your shoes won't get wet or the damage will be much easier to control.

And maybe wetting would be a great way to say goodbye to older shoes you are planning to throw out anyway!

• 1 year later...
Guest Nils JD

Good morning from Germany. 🙂

Since I have a shoe fetish (not a foot fetish, I know that most people can't distinguish these two, lol) I love to wear shoes when I wet myself.
The "non fetish reason within the fetish" is that it simply more looks like a real accident when someones weirs their shoes. 😄

Well, over the years I've made some experiences. Flip flops work all the way, even though they start to get stinky a bit if they're not 100% rubber. 😉
Canvas shoes are also great for wettings. Some are really cheap, so it's totally fine to buy a pair of extra wetting shoes.
I love those ones we call "espadrilles" here in Germany. Interestingly, I've soaked them a number of times and handwashed them in the sink and they haven't become smelly yet, haha. Plus they're so cheap it wouldn't be a big deal.

Sneakers feel more genunine, but they're hard to clean. I clean all my shoes in the sink, I haven't been brave enough to through them in the washer yet.
Some sneakers are great for wetting and smell fresh after this (I just use soap and a small bit of special powder, like the bleaching one), others have more or less been ruined. Leather or suede sneakers are a no-go, unless they're your extra wetting pair. Not only remainders of pee, but also the wetness from washing does often have a bad effect on the leather, so that's more problematic (besides, leather sneakers are mostly too expensive).

Well, that's it for now, if you habe any questions on this topic feel free to ask me.

And just a small encouragement: Accidents in shoes feel nice (for me they do). Try it out to find out if you're in "Team Nils" in this matter. 😄

Yours, Nils

On 3/20/2020 at 9:06 AM, Nils JD said:

Good morning from Germany. 🙂

Since I have a shoe fetish (not a foot fetish, I know that most people can't distinguish these two, lol) I love to wear shoes when I wet myself.
The "non fetish reason within the fetish" is that it simply more looks like a real accident when someones weirs their shoes. 😄

Well, over the years I've made some experiences. Flip flops work all the way, even though they start to get stinky a bit if they're not 100% rubber. 😉
Canvas shoes are also great for wettings. Some are really cheap, so it's totally fine to buy a pair of extra wetting shoes.
I love those ones we call "espadrilles" here in Germany. Interestingly, I've soaked them a number of times and handwashed them in the sink and they haven't become smelly yet, haha. Plus they're so cheap it wouldn't be a big deal.

Sneakers feel more genunine, but they're hard to clean. I clean all my shoes in the sink, I haven't been brave enough to through them in the washer yet.
Some sneakers are great for wetting and smell fresh after this (I just use soap and a small bit of special powder, like the bleaching one), others have more or less been ruined. Leather or suede sneakers are a no-go, unless they're your extra wetting pair. Not only remainders of pee, but also the wetness from washing does often have a bad effect on the leather, so that's more problematic (besides, leather sneakers are mostly too expensive).

Well, that's it for now, if you habe any questions on this topic feel free to ask me.

And just a small encouragement: Accidents in shoes feel nice (for me they do). Try it out to find out if you're in "Team Nils" in this matter. 😄

Yours, Nils

Hello my German friend...nice to see you here on this topic. I think we kinda share the same fetish xD. I also love to wear shoes while wetting coz it feels more genuine and naughty at the same time. I only own sneakers so obviously I use one pair specifically for wetting and the other one is an old pair of white Adidas sneakers.  It took a lot of guts for me to wet myself while wearing my Adidas since I love wearing them at parties and clubs. Oh well....I could not resist myself and peed in them 3 weeks ago.

I always wet myself standing in the shower....so it´s easier to clean up.

After wetting I just shower myself while wearing everything and use soap and water to clean my shoes. It´s super easy and there is only a very very slight smell of pee left behind. 

A few years ago my ex-girlfriend left a pair of high heels at my apartment and she didn´t want them back. I kept them a few months in my closet until I was also very curious to wear them while wetting. Since that day I have fallen in love  wearing high heels or high boots while wetting. 

It creates a humiliating and sexy feeling at the same time. If you have the opportunity I would suggest to try it out some time. :nepokay:

18 minutes ago, CarmenCD said:

@Atrix Wearing high heels while wetting yourself is definitely is a great feeling. Humiliating feeling you probably got because you felt embarrassed while wearing female shoes.

exactly! xD It´s actually embarrassing just sharing this but I think it´s something all male "wetter" have to try.