• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

100% cockasian.

If you're comfortable sharing, feel free to post where you came from. I imagine we have a fairly diverse family here, and I thought it might be interesting to see :) ElSuave: German\Hungarian

30% German, 20% English, 6% Irish, 4% Native American, and 40% I think Finnish, but not sure on that, might be Swedish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am from Cape Town, South Africa. I speak Afrikaans which is a combination of Dutch an Flamish.

Actually not - Flemish is basically Dutch with an accent and a few different words. Afrikaans is very different from both Dutch and Flemish. The difference between Dutch and Flemish is like that between Queen Elizabeth's English and that of a Texan cowboy - quite different but basically the same language.

Afrikaans however is quite different and while Afrikaans-speakers can generally understand Dutch, the opposite does not hold true.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 23/9/2014 at 9:38 PM, wetty002 said:

I'm dutch too :) And if Ben says Dutch is the biggest here.. well.. i'm curious how much people from holland are here ;)

I'm not from Holland, but I am from Belgium (native Dutch speaker)! Hoi allemaal ;)

And yes, I'd love a Dutch language thread as it just does more for me to talk about omorashi in my native tongue, but I can see how something like that could be a moderator's nightmare.

Another dutchy right here! And 100% too, father's dutch, mother's dutch, grandparents are dutch, great-grandparents are dutch, dutchdutchdutch.

7 hours ago, Elfi said:

And yes, I'd love a Dutch language thread as it just does more for me to talk about omorashi in my native tongue

I may poke around and see if I can fix something for ya, keep an eye on your inbox ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...