• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I miss the original nick minaj :(

Posted Images

I watched the first half years ago, and now I've finally finished Lucky Star. It's a classic for sure, but maybe more in a "historically important" context, not so much a "must watch today" kind. The lack of focus is up to the viewer as to how well it works, it started to grow tiring as the show continued. Not helping was the second half just suddenly growing the cast to double its original size all at once, like they were aware the original four no longer had the ability to hold the audience's attention. A must see for anime enthusiasts looking for history, if only because of how much of a time capsule of the otaku scene in 2006-07 it is (I think I directly understood four references Konata made, and one of them was Gamera), but for a modern viewer looking for high quality Cute Girls Doing Cute Things, I'd instead recommend K-On and Comic Girls.

If there's anywhere I wanted more focus, I wanted to know more about Konata's family. I wanted to know more about what her parents were like together, very little is ever said about her mom, and the one time it's focused on is a great scene.

XnZCeLn.png