• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I miss the original nick minaj :(

Posted Images

Oh boy, another delay for Guilty Gear Strive. Given that the most recent beta was very positively received (I was critical at the start, and there's still some oddities, but I was getting that groove later), we can only assume that they finally realized they need to completely overhaul the lobby system. Maybe have it work this time. I got into one match, was disconnected by the server during round 2, couldn't reconnect, and then the beta ended before I came back. If they can fix that online experience (because the rollback netcode once you're in a match is reportedly fantastic), there won't be much left to complain about, outside preference for older mechanics and presentation differences.

And the lack of Baiken, of course. Since the game is delayed, the DLC will be delayed, which means an even longer wait for Baiken. But I'm sure she's coming.

UpokpFZ.jpg

You know, her Xrd design was the first to give her those sarashi shorts. Previous sprites just had the angle and kimono cover her when she raised her leg for Tatami Gaeshi. Now, that of course meant we saw nothing, but the fact that we were allowed to see nothing until ArcSys made it a point to give her something modest (and hot) means those on the receiving end of Tatami Gaeshi in Missing Link, X, and XX might have seen a lot of Baiken.

Finished watching Tales of Symphonia: The Animation. Basically, what I had heard about it before was correct: it's fine, if nothing great, but it's animated very well. It's most definitely not a replacement for the game, it skips over a lot, but it's a good companion that adds some welcome detail in certain places. Honestly, the biggest adjustment wasn't to any of the story changes, it was just hearing the Japanese voices when I'm used to the English ones. Which I know will also be a problem, perhaps even more of one, should I ever play Dawn of the New World. I know it's not regarded as a "good game", but it's part of Chronicles on the PS3, I own it, I might play it one day. Maybe I'll make a livestream series out of it.

The Animation does make one drastic sacrifice in its endeavor to trim the game's story down: no Presea Klonoa costume. Disgusting.

leandro-vasconcelos-presea-klonoa-2.jpg?

I just want to remind you all that Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot released in the middle of January 2020. I feel the need to remind you of this, because only now, March 2021, have we gotten details on the third DLC that was part of the season pass available from day 1. Clearly, I haven't been paying any attention to the data mining in over a year, I seem to recall people digging up audio files that early that pointed to Broly. But according to comments on the trailer, people have known it would be History of Trunks for a while now. This is looking to be the biggest DLC for the game yet, given that it's been labeled as a new "story" instead of just a new "boss" this whole time (though, I think the Resurrection F DLC had some decent content), but I won't lie, a part of me was hoping a DLC story would be where CC2 could break free of the "retelling DBZ" shackles and do something new. The game has the potential. Though, if we're being honest, should Kakarot get a sequel, I would expect it to be another straight adaptation of probably Super (hopefully with more expansions, because the Zamasu arc is the only one that isn't just fighting...though it is a lot of fighting too), or if we're lucky, original Dragon Ball.

Well, hey, whatever. I love Kakarot, and a story focusing on my favorite character, Future Trunks, sounds good. The prerendered CG in the game looks great for action, I'm curious how well it can handle the quiet emotion of...the scene.

f1e.gif

Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta, coming to a Dragon Ball FighterZ near you. Strange to have two separate Gogetas, but I guess DBFZ isn't one to talk for reusing the same character. Besides, Gogeta deserves it, he's way better than Vegito. SSJ4 Gogeta had a good launch trailer, set to some classic Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku (though it wasn't used nearly as well as Blizzard from the Super Broly trailer), and his Dramatic Finish...they finally did it. ArcSys finally made their own Dramatic Finish. They dabbled nowhere near enough in alternate wins to classic scenes, but this is the only wholly original fight, with wholly original finale. It's nothing special in choreography, but it's nice to have. With two endings, so no matter the Gogeta fan, you're happy. You think Super Saiyan 4 is better than Blue? Other way around? It's all good.

DxNMNSHUwAIMmV2?format=jpg&name=medium