• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I miss the original nick minaj :(

Posted Images

Suits & Sandals' next game, War Girl, finally has its demo available on Steam! I mean, this demo has been available for the better part of a month, but despite me putting $10 towards the crowdfunding (because it's Suits & Sandals), I wasn't notified. Until I happened to find it on Twitter and complained about not being notified. The full game is still slated for September, but the demo gives a good taste of the game they're going for, and it's fun. The controls are a lot to get my head around, not because they're complicated, but because it's a lot to pay attention to, but I really enjoyed the three levels present and am very excited for when I get the full game as a backer. Assuming Syaxamaphone remembers to send those out.

EZZdSc6WsAE9TC2?format=png&name=small

(and because it's the same guys behind Khimera: Destroy All Monster Girls, which you should also play to pass the time between now and September because it's free, I am already thinking what the best way to make War Girl pee is. My idea is wholly inspired by a Futurama scene, but I think it would work)

After Mega Man, the next stop on my new PSP was an easy pick: Castlevania The Dracula X Chronicles. I've had the original version of Rondo of Blood on the Wii Virtual Console for years, and I consider it the best Castlevania game, so I was always up for a remake of the game. And I knew I'd buy a PSP eventually for those Mega Man games, so I always knew I'd buy Dracula X Chronicles, which meant I'd eventually get Symphony of the Night. That's the reason I never bought Castlevania Requiem on the PS4 (and because it lacked the Rondo remake).

As for the remake, it was fine. It doesn't look as good as the original (it sounds just as good, though), some of the changes are just there to annoy people familiar with the original (the process of saving Annette), and the new final boss for getting the best ending was clearly balanced around Maria, not Richter (pro tip: whether you're playing Rondo or Dracula X Chronicles, just pick Maria), but it still controls well, and the levels are basically the same. Plus, as an example of an era long past, not only did they include the original as an unlockable, but a partially-definitive version of its highly-acclaimed sequel, Symphony of the Night.

As for Symphony, I liked it. My only experience with the Metroidvania style was Portrait of Ruin, so it was interesting to go back to the progenitor and what people would consider the best. Alucard moves a bit slow for my taste, the lack of any direction can be irritating when you just can't tell if there's a whole other area of the castle you haven't seen yet and can barely tell there's a hole on the map, and if there is one it might be a shortcut you haven't unlocked yet, the distance between warp points can be far, and the inverted castle is not an interesting way to extend game time. But it was a good time. And the inverted castle was easy, because I happened to stumble upon the area where you get the Crissaegrim almost immediately upon entering, and I knew which enemy to grind for it. It's disgusting how strong it is, and it became my go-to weapon, because even though I picked up the Shield Rod and the Alucard Shield, I never figured out how to make their combination work.

nBKbh0X.png

So Monster Musume is getting a light novel. It's at least still a profitable enough manga to warrant it, which means the hope is still alive, and it's good to get some fresh blood behind the scenes. The manga has suffered from a loss of story as of late, and a light novel needing to have more happening should be interesting. Seems the basic idea behind it is the girls working, which means we're going back to see their interactions with the world, which has so many possibilities.

And Papi's going to be an idol.

16fy5zw711a51.jpg

After finishing Dual Destinies recently, Ghost Trick called to me from two spots over on my app screen. It's a masterpiece. Always has been. One of those games you need to play. Hope the iOS version gets updated again soon, it seems to have developed a bit of a memory leak problem, it started stuttering and freezing pretty bad if I played for longer than normal. Get it running in a higher resolution and port the mobile version to Android while you're at it, Capcom. A game like this deserves to be played by the largest audience possible.

SI72Cwg.jpg

And I've finished every canonical Metal Gear game. Theoretically, maybe I did it years ago, because I still don't know if Portable Ops is canon, the only entry not playable on PS3 because the PS3 is a beast system.

That does mean that the missing link for close to three years was Portable Ops, and...it's made me appreciate the improvements Peace Walker made. The environments are so closed off, there just aren't enough buttons on the PSP to keep tabs on the surroundings, the bosses aren't fun (but what else is new for this series), only four inventory slots is disgraceful, and dragging people back to the truck to recruit them is a pain. It's not awful, but outside Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, it's probably my least favorite entry (though I liked Metal Gear 1). In fact, the Tactical Espionage Operations trilogy (Portable Ops, Peace Walker, V) are the weakest games. In terms of protagonists, the rankings go as follows:

1. Raiden games
  2. Solid Snake games
  3. Big Boss games

Of course, other snakes still have a tail up on the legendary soldiers.

wCDuiJA.png