Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Are we considered strange?

Of course people wearing diapers doesn't make the news or headlines or anything like that, but I've seen videos of people wearing diapers with some comments saying negative things and calling names like as they "need help" or "are sickos," etc. Awhile back my prick of a stepfather would always go through my laptop and saw everything i had look at and called me a sick, crazy person, and what not. He would put me down a lot. I don't live with him now but it makes me wonder why is it that it can be frowned upon as if someone with this interest were to be a psycho, sick person. What makes us like this? Why would it make us wrong?

Those comments you mention, its the mindset of the majority of mainstream people that are mean, arrogant, narrow minded, & thinks they know whats right. (meaning they expect us to be like them) Which these people would go as far as trolling, act like were creepy sex offenders, or they would still visit other videos that involves DL just so they can make comments on like "anyone who loves diapers, are just sad examples of life", "do you have any shame for wearing diapers at this age", or "they're a lost child". There is just so much problems with the majority of people who understands little to nothing on what is interesting to certain people and the stuff they're not comfortable with are going to freak out or they have the nerve to bully anyone. (sometimes social life is soo bad to the point of feeling very miserable, unhappy, & all you could think of is hurting yourself. the only way to make yourself feel better is never associating with other people or only find the ones with the same interest as you. even friends can backstab you or just betray you.) Even family members can be your enemies since they're part of the majority of a corrupted social life. (I'm really sorry to hear how your stepdad treats you. no one should be treated like that due to personal interest, its not like were hurting anyone.)

People just aren't sensitive, they're not respectful, they don't take us seriously nor treat us fair, & they don't understand anything. (even certain morals they might've learn from school or bible, these words are likely thrown out the window or these people just doesn't associate us for ones with our personal interest) Even people who are DL aren't the only ones that the majority of people would look down at us. (trust me, there is so much going on to the point where it can get really serious) I've watched a youtube video called diaper life (Saggy Diaper) which was about a girls life who had to wear diapers or pull-ups because of their strict parents (which they're parenting skill is overkilled & having parents like that would mean teenage years of torture), when kids found out that this girl wears diaper they just bully her so much no matter what gender (reading it may make you feel uncomfortable or you'll feel sorry for that girl). PS. if you plan on watching this video bare in mind your going to need to do a lot of pausing because its nothing but text, it scrolls the pages too fast. (the ones with tablets are going to have issues or frustration)

What makes us like this? Its our interest deep within us that will eventually develop your true interest, our curiosity that would want to try these kind of stuff, & part of the thought process that would make you want to do these stuff (whether your in control or just feel like your possessed)

Why would it make us wrong? This could work in so many ways depend on what it is. For something as harmless as wearing diapers, the majority of people would only think that we haven't even pass potty training, were wetting ourselves like a child, or they'd only associate diapers with babies to elderly (they'd associate adult diapers for AB) which these facts isn't even true.

The majority of people would consider us strange, but that doesn't mean were completely strange & these people are just looking us down for arrogant or wrong reasons. I've read a diaper comic from SketchManDL called "When Wishes Come True", when you get to the final chapter there is something that has a really good point (it was really good story & its well written). There is nothing wrong at all having an interest to something, its just something different. It really isn't bad, I don't think there is anything bad about it at all. Were all people despite different interests & have different ways of living, but there are many people out there who does share your interest and you'll still be loved for who you are.

These are facts I wish the majority of people learn that, so these kind of comments would just disappear. Lets just say websites like Youtube just isn't the place to share without having haters or trolls saying negative comments, & there is a risk when sharing photos or videos. Just don't bother with places like this nor comments, since people are just too arrogant to understand. Communities like omorashi is a place where you can share your wetting experience & interest for diapers, you wouldn't have to deal with immature people that much (compare to something like Youtube, Facebook to name a few).

What do you consider normal? Everybody has a different opinion of what is normal. This place is where people that have this fetish come to learn of others who are the same way. I don't consider that we need help or are sicko, its just who we are. The way I look at it is that just as long as we are not hurting others or pushing our fetish onto others we are decent caring people. We are simply different. Most of us keep to ourselves not unless we find others who enjoy the same things. I for one have never found anyone that is the same as me in real life. I have always wondered why? I am thankful that we now have the internet and we are able to learn of others who enjoy what we like to do. Now we can chat with others and enjoy each others company with the possibility of getting together with someone.

What do you consider normal? Everybody has a different opinion of what is normal. This place is where people that have this fetish come to learn of others who are the same way. I don't consider that we need help or are sicko, its just who we are. The way I look at it is that just as long as we are not hurting others or pushing our fetish onto others we are decent caring people. We are simply different. Most of us keep to ourselves not unless we find others who enjoy the same things. I for one have never found anyone that is the same as me in real life. I have always wondered why? I am thankful that we now have the internet and we are able to learn of others who enjoy what we like to do. Now we can chat with others and enjoy each others company with the possibility of getting together with someone.

I do agree with that, I wouldn't consider these people need help or are sicko (besides they can take care of themselves & were just interest into different stuff), as long as there is no harm to other people nor having our fetishes pushed to others (if they weren't to begin with) there really isn't any wrong. The internet/online is another way of finding people & learning about each other is a good thing, like life itself there will always be good things about the internet/online along with bad things. Even if everybody has a different opinion of what is normal, (which having your own opinion isn't really such a terrible thing by all means) but similar to anyone who has their own personal interest as long as your not harming anyone (as in don't be mean to them, don't be disrespectful, or don't make such a big deal) or don't make statements nor associate anything that would be completely untrue.

What I would consider normal is someone being different from everyone else or has interest that the majority "might not like, thinks its strange, or may not get use to it" as long as the person themselves enjoys it & has their own choices of life. It can vary on what is their personal interest as long as it doesn't become a unhealthy obsession to the point of harming someone & you can manage to distance between fantasy to reality.

To answer the original question, "Are we considered strange?", I would have to say yes.

Looking at the definition of strange-"unusual or surprising in a way that is unsettling or hard to understand."- that is quite accurate, because a fetish is usually hard to to understand and unsettling to people who are not apart of it and to even some that are apart.

As far as what your stepfather said, that's not accurate. The reason that a person should be called "sick" or "psycho" in that sense should only really be in the case of an aggressive act of trying to pursue it, which on a certain level you could consider rape.

What do you consider normal?

That is a good question, but really it's hard to answer. Normal vaguely means the majority. To be truly normal is mathematically unlikely. We pretend to be normal by acting normal, we follow a rule of conduct that everyone is upheld to. Other than acting behaved, nobody is really normal.

But let's scratch that. Let's say that we have someone who is "normal". The normal thing to do when reacting to a "strange" thing is to act disgusted or scared. I don't like the idea, but there are probably fetishes that I would have a hard time to not at most think that they were crazy, in a sense.

I have to agree with Anna May. If you look at it objectivley we are pretty strange group, but I doubt there is a person alive that doesn't do something that would be considered strange by the majority. The biggest issue with our fetish is the connotation that it somehow involves children. To an outsider that would seem to be a perfectly logical conclusion so that probably makes it more difficult to accept than most other fetishes. If they can get past that and the idea of people willfully urinating/defecating on themselves (which let's face it is pretty weird) they would be a little more tolerant of the idea.

Guest dontwanna

A lot of the AB/DLs I know personally are actually really painfully "normal" people beyond their interest in diapers. And yes, objectively, in the eyes of society, of course it's strange.

However, allow me to dig into my Bartlett's for a relevant quote;

“There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”
 ― Edgar Allan Poe

Yes, we are considered different, strange, by some perverted and other dangerous.  As are all that are different from the mainstream.  Each of us, I believe, have some sort of kink, quirk, or some other weirdness when it comes to sexual arousal, that is 'unusual'.  Some are relatively innocent, an attraction to diapers, wetting oneself, masturbation, and so on.  Some not so much, like pedophilia.  I am older than most people on this site, and can say that I went for a very long time thinking I was some kind of freak, until about 15 years ago with the discovery of Shara & Ger's site.  Since then, I have come to the conclusion that whatever one's sexual preferences are, so long as it involves informed, consensual participants, let the good times roll.  My only regret is that I have yet to find a woman that shares my particular 'kink'.  Perhaps I never will.  But, regardless of what society thinks, be true to yourself, be smart, and never judge another.  Peace to all.  

• 4 years later...

I would say yes, but no more than any other group of people. I'm pretty sure that for just about any sexual interest or kink that is considered strange, some demographic finds the exact opposite strange.

To the polygamist and polyamorist, monogamy is probably considered strange. To anyone who is homosexual, rigid heterosexuality may be considered strange. The sadist and masochist might find it strange that someone is not turned on by being spanked.

As for Dark Cloud's stepfather, he was probably just a sad, bitter, pathetic husk of a man that had to tear down others to alleviate the emptiness he felt and would have derided you no matter what your interests, sexual or otherwise, were. 

Kinda like what other people are saying.  Yes and No.  But if I look at myself, I would call my interests strange.  It honestly depends on your interests when it comes to AB/DL.  You can be an AB and not have to wear diapers, pull-ups, or similar products.  You can be a DL and not use them.  (eg wet/mess them)  You could simply wear them for their aesthetics or physical comfort.

If I judged myself based off of my own interests, I would call it weird and unusual.  But not harmful towards others and definitely not perverted or sick.  

Again, like what other folks are saying, it's all a matter of perspective.  As far as I am concerned, as long as it isn't hurting anyone else, (unless intentional pain) any fetish, lifestyle, or roles you want to adopt, participate in, or contribute to is fair game and acceptable.

Bottom line is, if it helps you, if it encourages you, if it's what you enjoy, do it.  I think it's strange to throw tomatoes at each other and doing dangerous activities for the sake of thrills is strange. 

Billions of people in the world, we're all going to have different opinions on things.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldnt consider it a normal fetish but i dont call it strange either, i have this fetish but when it comes to people who find it sick and weird, I just see it as to each their own, there are worse fetishes out there that involve way more horrible or harmful acts than anything an abdl does, not everyone will accept or like the fetish but its not my place to change everyones mind, and i dont attempt to try either. As long as im happy with it and im not affecting anyone else’s life with it then it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks.

• 4 weeks later...

When something come at hand for any kind of discrimination of people, many people take it.

These people then define - likely even on the spot - what is normal or not, what is pathological or not, too. They do, as if they represent a social majority; however, they only are individuals with their own purposes just happening to be part of a certain majority.

A majority often implies a norm, but does never define one. So it is easy to hide behind such a quasi norm.

People, who wear this special underwear (or house wear, too), are not many. Moreover, they have a very dedicated erotic perception; which appears to be outside the small bad of socially "permitted" erotic. In my eyes, these people are not strange only because they may be rare.

Next is certain terms like fetish or the abbreviation DL with eben the written-out expression. To my perception, these terms consider some discrimination as well - although many people may not use them in such a way.

Well, I love rhum cocktails - and may not call myself some RCL or this special favour a fetish. Nevertheless, such drinks also cause wonderful feelings - and sometimes some kind off blessed-ness, too.

Let me take the opportunity and encourage everybody to try this special kind of underwear - as I may encourage everybody (with the right age in this case) to try a Mai Tai, too.