Save 20% on Gold Subscription upgrades! ×

Looking forward to how Melody's toilette training works out.  My mother's child-rearing book said boys should have gained complete voluntary bladder control by 48 months (or some such number).  Well I had not.  So my parents put me on a routine of no liquids from dinner until breakfast.  When I needed to pee, they made sure to find me a place within 10 minutes.

At age 10 my cousins took a greater role in my supervision.  The cousin 5 years my senior couldn't imagine watching evening TV without Kool Aid.  The one 11 years my senior added slow gin to essential evening drinks.  My (lack of) control returned to where it had been 6 years previously.  As gaining a 45-minute waiting ability and reliably dry nights took me three years (age 13), my voluntary nerves and sphincter tissue must have atrophied some.  My control never became really good.

So I'm looking forward to how the story presents Melody's experiences.

7 hours ago, Stanley79 said:

Looking forward to how Melody's toilette training works out.  My mother's child-rearing book said boys should have gained complete voluntary bladder control by 48 months (or some such number).  Well I had not.  So my parents put me on a routine of no liquids from dinner until breakfast.  When I needed to pee, they made sure to find me a place within 10 minutes.

At age 10 my cousins took a greater role in my supervision.  The cousin 5 years my senior couldn't imagine watching evening TV without Kool Aid.  The one 11 years my senior added slow gin to essential evening drinks.  My (lack of) control returned to where it had been 6 years previously.  As gaining a 45-minute waiting ability and reliably dry nights took me three years (age 13), my voluntary nerves and sphincter tissue must have atrophied some.  My control never became really good.

So I'm looking forward to how the story presents Melody's experiences.

Melody is selling the diapers online, so presumably she potty trained herself.  Someone else wanted a Melody spinoff, so maybe I will have to deliver.

In my own experience people who retrained have lingering difficulty managing unusual situations.  How long can I postpone when heavily hydrated or a.bit tipsy?  I've also seen this among early adolescents.  Typically, they've done ok with a 24 ounce drink and an unfamiliar mall where they don't know the restroom location.  So another time they fearlessly consume a 24 ounce drink expecting no serious problems.  They treat that 12 ounce icecream sundae as a solid not thinking how a body turns it into liquid.  More simply a person might consume a couple icecream sodas while window shopping.  Then the excitement over a special purchase obliterates the.intention of peeing before catching a bus home.  But your story.  Not mine.