Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's been a while since I wrote a diaper story.  If you like it and want me to continue, leave feedback.   The Weird Scholarship   Chapter One: The Drive   I drove down the highway with one hand

Another chapter at just over three years.  Yay.  I wrote it quite some time ago, but never got around to posting it, but apparently there is a competing story on another forum.  I guess I should be fl

So the brakes went out in my car.  You guys lucked out because I had my laptop with me.  I wrote way ahead in my posting schedule of a chapter a week, so you get an extra chapter this week.  I went to

Here's another chapter for you all.   I am really loving the feedback.  It makes me feel good as a writer.

Chapter Three: The Public Change

About noon, we stopped at a McDonald's.  I had wet my diaper a second time, which made the pee not feel so clammy, but I wanted a fresh diaper.  We all grabbed our diaper bags and stood outside the van as Bets lock it up.

“Okay.  Here is the plan.  Cassie, Nora, and Melody will go into the bathroom and change.  Veronica, Bella, and Darlene and I will order our food.  When you come out, we will go change while you order your food.  Then we will eat together.”

I looked at Cassie and Melody.  Melody looked back at Bets.  She looked like she wanted to say something, but was too shy.  Cassie walked toward the building.  I grabbed Melody's hand and pulled her with me as I followed.  We got inside and Cassie and I took the first two stalls.  I thought I heard Melody go into the third stall, but I wasn't sure.

I pulled down my pants and looked down at my wet diaper.  It was really wet in the back since I sat while wetting.  I peeled off the tapes and rolled it up, then wiped myself off with baby wipes.  Once finished, I put on the diaper like I had practiced by leaning against the wall of the stall. I got it on semi-decently.  I listened as Cassie changed.  I heard the toilet flushing, and then heard the rustling of a diaper.  We came out together.  Melody stood waiting for us holding a diaper.  

She pushed the diaper to Cassie.  “Can you please change me?”

“I'm not changing your smelly butt,” said Cassie.

“Can't you change yourself?  We did it,” I said.

“My mommy always changed me.  I don't know what to do.”  She held the diaper to me.

I sighed.  “I guess I can help you.”

She pulled the diaper change table down and then tried to unhook her overalls.  She had trouble.

They opened easily to me.  Once her pants were down, she lay on the table.  Her diaper was swollen.  Unlike my purple diaper, hers was white, but it had blocks across the front.  I thought my diaper was thick.

“Guard the door,” I told Cassie.  I didn't want any strangers seeing this.  I untaped the college woman's diaper and then cleaned her with a wipe.  For her part, Melody lay still and stared at the ceiling.  I put the clean diaper under her and then powdered her.  I then closed it and taped it up.  The tapes on her diaper sucked, but they got the job done.  Once she was diapered she stood up and pulled up her pants and then motioned for me to do up her overalls.

“Thank you,” she said.

“We are going to have to teach you to do this yourself,” I said.

“Why can't you get your overalls undone? What do you do when you poop?” asked Cassie.

“Mommy takes me to the potty when I have to poop.”

“I knew everyone would be in diapers, but she's a fucking baby,” snarled Cassie.  “Didn't your mother teach you anything?”

“Don't call me a baby,” she said.  “I am a big girl.”

“You're not a baby.  You just let your mother do too many things for you.  We better teach you to do things yourself before classes start”  I knew I shouldn't have promised.  I knew I would regret it.  It's hard enough pretending to be incontinent without being a mommy.  I just didn't want to be around her if she couldn't learn discretion before classes started.

Cassie just rolled her eyes.  We walked out to get food.  It wasn't real food; it was McDonald's food.

I ordered a vanilla milkshake and a Double Quarter Pounder.  I supersized it too.  Since I am lactose intolerant, I was an idiot, but I thought it wouldn't matter.  Ugh.  At least Cassie had hers coming.  She ordered the same thing as me.  I should have had a happy meal like Melody.

Chapter Four: Bonding with Cassie.

We arrived at the camp just after one.   I got up and looked around.  The camp consisted of four log cabins that sat on the edge of a forest.  A simple gravel track ran between the cabins and a large meadow.  We pulled right up to the cabin and we unloaded stuff.

The first thing I did when we had everything offloaded into the cabin was make my bed.  The cabin was smallish, but much larger than we needed.  Bunk beds lined the back wall.  There were about ten of them.  A twin bed sat near the door.  Of course Bets claimed that one.  I was surprised that many of the girls openly put their packs of diapers at the foot of their beds.  I shrugged and put my diaper back in that location.  I didn't even bother to zip it.

I claimed one on the edge, but Cassie took the one next to me.  She said she didn't want to be near Melody who had taken a bunk in the center.  It was funny.  Everyone picked bottom bunks.  I didn't know why, but that is how it was.  I wondered why.  My guess was that if an incontinent girl shared a bunk bed, the other sibling would get the top in case their were any leaks.  No one wants a golden shower in their sleep.

When we were all unpacked, Bets called a meeting.  We gathered around.  She passed out sheets of paper.  I looked at mine and saw we had an agenda.  I sighed.  It wasn't bad.  There were nature hikes, a swimming session at the lake, and sports.  I hated sports.  There was also free time as well.

“So I have lots of activities planned,” said Bets.  “We need to get to know one another.  I am Bets.  I started a scholarship so that girls with incontinence.   When I studied engineering at MIT, I was alone.  I was embarrassed about having to share a dorm room and explain to my roommate that I had a wetting problem.  She teased me and never wanted to hang out.  She kept my secret, but I felt like someone who only lived in the same room as me.  I wanted a roommate who knew what incontinence was like.  I realized that only another incontinent girl would make a good roommate.  That's why we are here.  We want you to pick a college roommate who you can bond with.  There are six of you and that means we have three dorm rooms to fill.  You will spend lots of time with your new roommate, so here at camp, I want you to spend time with each of your fellow freshmen engineers.  Any questions?”

“Um, what's with the swimming?” asked Veronica.  “It's stupid.  I can't swim anymore.  We're incontinent.  How's that even going to work?”

“I like to swim,” said Melody.  “My mommy sent some swim diapers.”

“I'm not wearing swim diapers.  You can't hide them under a bikini,” said Veronica.

“There are many ways to deal with swimming,” said Bets.  “Swim diapers are one of them.  I have plenty of extra swim diapers for those who don't have any.  I usually just wear my regular diaper under soccer shorts though.  We are here at this campground where there is a beautiful lake just to the south of us.”

“That's what I do,” said Bella.  “No one really knows.  They do swell a bit though.”

“We are going swimming tomorrow,” said Bets.  “We will all enjoy it.  We have the campground to ourselves, so no one is going to see you in your diapers.  That is final.  I won't insist that you change your swimming habits.  Besides, when are you going to have a chance to swim again.”

I was disappointed.  Out of habit, I had brought a bikini.  I did think about the diapers.  I would never be able to swim again.  I was upset because I looked good in a bikini.

“You guys are just so stupid,” said Darleen.  “Stop arguing.  It's not important.  We are here to bond.  Let's not get into an argument about one activity.”

“Very good, Darleen,” said Bets.  

It took an entire hour to get through the agenda.  Cassie started fidgeting.  My stomach started to cramp and I knew I would have to poop soon.  I shifted uncomfortably as well.  Some of the girls told long stories.  I was in pain.  I looked around and then at my watch.  I saw Cassie relax.  Her face looked blank like she was peeing.

She got a scared look on her face and struggled to her knees.  “Bathroom,” she squeaked.  Everyone stared at her.  Was she a faker?  I had to go bad as well.  We would both get sent home if I revealed myself.

“Do you need a diaper change?”ask Bets.  She looked a mix of concerned and suspicious.

“No,” she whispered.  “Yes.  I--”  She stood and held a hand tightly on the back of her black pants.  She ran out the door.

“What happened?” asked Melody.

I got up.  “If she feels like me, she really has to poop.”  I grabbed her diaper bag and mine.  “Where is the bathroom?  I'll find her.”

“Oh, yeah,” said Bets.  “I should have mentioned that.  It's right behind cabin one.  None of us are bowel incontinent this year.”

I ran out the door to follow Cassie.  She was going the wrong way.

“Cassie.”

She looked at me.

“This way,” I said.

She came back in my direction and we looked around.  I spotted cabin one and we walked around to the back.  The bathroom was just around the corner.  I was ahead of Cassie and spotted the bathroom.    My heart sunk when I saw it.  It was a tiny wooden building with a moon carved in the door.  It leaned to one side at a ten degree angle.  I looked back at Cassie.  She had her knees pressed together and she was hobbling by moving just the bottoms of her legs.

“I'm not going to make it.”  She just stopped.  I heard a squishy fart.  There wasn't much smell because the diaper blocked most of it.

“Come on,” I told her.  I needed to go bad as well.

“I...,” she said.  I saw her almost fall and like an idiot, I rushed forward to catch her.  She clung to my neck and hung on me as she bent over and I heard the squishy farting noise again.  “Oh God,” she said.   I had thought she was just farting, but she really stunk.  She had just filled her diaper.

Her weight pushed me down a few inches.  I lost control myself and made a mess in my diaper as well.  I knew I shouldn't have had the milkshake. Usually I would go to the bathroom right away, but I was distracted by needed to change my diaper in McDonald's and dealing with two other girls. We stood together hugging each other as we emptied our bowels in our underpants.  It had gone too far.  I wondered if it was too late to take up yodeling.  I would go to Bets, come clean and give up this nonsense.  I was done.

“I can't believe I did that,” said Cassie.  “I've never had an accident since I was ten.”

I looked at her.

“I mean pooped my pants,” she said.  “This sucks.”  She let go of me.  “What are we going to do?”

“I guess we get changed.  I brought our diaper bags.”

“Well, we are supposed to be bonding,” she said.  “Have you ever changed a messy diaper?  What should I do?”

“To be honest, I don't have any experience with this.”  I looked at the bathroom and started for it.  I would get some water and paper towels so I could clean myself.  However, when I opened the door, there was only a wooden plank with a hole in the middle.  I let the door shut and turned back to Cassie.

“What?” she asked.

“It's just an outhouse.  We need a shower.”

“Or a hose,” she said.  “At least it's contained in my diaper.”

It wasn't running down my legs yet.  “Me too, buy I am afraid it will leak any minute.  Let's go back and get Bets.  She'll know what to do.”

“No way,” said Cassie.  “I am not going into a room with a bunch of dorks and admitting I just filled my pants.  I never should have had that milkshake in McDonald's.  It's just McDonald's shakes that make me almost shit my pants.”

“Almost?” I asked.

“Well, until now,” she said.

I opened my diaper bag and took inventory.  There were diapers, some powder, and a box of wipes.  I didn't really stock it with a lot of necessities being unsure what I needed.  I looked at Cassie.  “I don't know what to do either.  There is no room to change in the outhouse.  Hell, there is no running water.  Let's just admit our mistake and go tell Bets.”

“I got a better idea,” said Cassie.  “How about we go skinny dipping?” 

That was a weird suggestion and just came out of no where.  Sure, I'd like a swim, but I had to deal with my accident.  I gave her a questioning look.

“No, really.  We go down to the lake, strip naked, and wash this mess off of us.  Bets said there was a lake to the south of us.”

“We can't wash in the lake.  We'll contaminate it.”  I could imagine the next day having to swim in the same water I washed my poopy ass with.  That would sure go over well.

“Just come on.”  Cassie walked or rather waddled ahead of me.  She looked into the woods and stopped, but then she saw started forward.

I wasn't about to just charge into the woods, but Cassie found a dirt trail and we headed straight into the woods.  I think we walked around.  The mess was spreading throughout my diaper and I imagined that some was running down the back of my leg.  I touched the back of my jeans, but nothing felt wet.  I continued to follow for about twenty minutes, when we crossed a little foot bridge across a creek.  We turned following the bank of the creek until we found a lake.

The lake was pretty big.  Cassie walked down from toward the lake and was about to undo her pants when I saw a sign that said the swimming area was around the lake a bit.   “The swimming area is around here.”

Cassie reluctantly buttoned her pants and we walked the short area to a swimming area complete with a sand beach and a little building at the top of sand.  The building had two signs: one said men and the other said women.  It was dressing rooms.

“Ooh, there might be  showers in there.”  She hurried forward, not even waddling anymore.  I followed as best I could.  Inside, it was indeed a dressing room.  Even though we were inside, there was plenty of light.  I looked up and there was no ceiling.

A line of bathroom stalls sat at one wall and sinks occupied another.  In one corner was a shower room.  Inside was just a pole with a bunch of shower heads like I was used to from gym class in high school.  The edge of the room were surrounded by benches for changing.   Cassie slipped out of her shirt and bra faster than she could have with help from a high school jock.  She kicked her sandals off, but her pants took longer as she didn't want to have her diaper leak when she was getting them undone.  She flung her clothes onto one of the benches and looked down to examine the diaper.

I didn't envy her and although my description seems like it, I didn't just stand there and watch her change.  I was undressed soon after she was.  I was caught off guard by examining the seat of my pants.    My diaper had leaked and there was an obvious stain at the back of my right leg.  I sighed and threw the pants on the floor beneath the bench where my clean clothes were.  I then untaped my diaper and slowly lowered it and then pulled it into a loose ball.  Cassie kicked a trash barrel toward me and I dropped it in on top of her diaper.

She started toward the shower and was about to turn it on when I said, “Wouldn't it suck if the water isn't turned on?”

The look on her face was priceless, especially since she was naked and her but and thighs were smeared with poop.  “Don't you dare think that,” she cried.  She reached the handle to the faucet and gave it a turn. 

The piped groaned a bit, but then water started flowing and she adjusted the temperature and stepped under the water.  I took a spot on the other side and turned on my faucet.  The water felt so good after being dirty for so long.  It felt so weird not having soap.  I did not feel clean at all when I finished.  I knew I was better then when I started.  Water and scrubbing work wonders, but it's not the same as soap, especially when I was cleaning poop of myself.

We finished and I reached in my diaper bag to pull out a clean diaper.  Cassie put a hand on my wrist.  “Wait,” she said, “Let's go skinny dipping since we are here.”

“But..,” I started to object.  “What if I wet?”

She smiled.  “We will be outside and naked.  You can't get wet except from the lake water.  If you pee on the beach or in the lake, who will know?”

At least she believed I was incontinent.  I really wasn't like a lot of the other girls here.  Cassie was being pretty cool to me.  I just wished she didn't bully the other girls so bad.  “Okay, but only for thirty minutes.”

We walked naked to the lakes to begin our swim.  The water was cool and the sun was hot.  I had never been skinny dipping before.  It was so much fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I went so long without an update.  I am mostly moved in my new apartment.  Yay.  This is a short update and I offer apologies because you waited so long for just a little bit.  (Sort of like reading comic books in my opinion.)

Chapter Five: Off to Face the Music

When we dressed, I could not wear my pants.  I washed them in the lake, but I couldn't get the stain out without a washing machine.  “I guess you have to walk back pantsless.”  She giggled.

“It's not funny.  I was not counting on messing my pants.  This has never happened to me.  Ever.”  I did not remember a time I had messed myself.  I remember the day I wet my pants in kindergarten and again in second grade.  I don't remember pooping myself.  “It's that stupid milkshake from McDonald's.  I'm lactose intolerant but I like to eat ice cream.  So far it hasn't caused any problems.  Sure, I get the runs, but I always make it to the bathroom for that.”

“Well if it makes a difference,” said Cassie, “I messed myself bad when I was ten.  I kept telling Lorraine I had to go, but she ignored me.  Suddenly I couldn't hold it anymore.”

“Who's Lorraine?” I asked.

“She was a lady I lived with then.  I didn't like her.  She raised German Shepherds.  I was afraid of them.  I'm glad they took me away from her.”  She smiled and finished her story.  “She was so mad too.  I had to ride in the back of the pickup and then when we went home.  She then took me into the yard and stripped me and hosed me off with the hose.  She wouldn't even let me get dressed or dried off.  She just put me in one of the empty dog crates and I had to stay in there for a week until the social worker came and took me away from her.”

“Cassie, that's terrible.  I hope she got in big trouble for doing that.  She should have been more understanding because of your incontinence.”

She got a panicked look.  “Oh that was before that.  I am an adult now and CPS doesn't get to decide who I should live with.  I am eighteen now and I'm going to study engineering at MIT.”

I wondered if everyone on this trip was dysfunctional.  Cassie was the only one I got to really know so far, but Veronica seem very angry, Darleen had an overprotective mother, and there was Melody: the girl who never grew up.  Only Bella seemed normal, but maybe that was because I hadn't gotten to know what kind of baggage she carried around.  “We better hurry back.  They might think we got lost.”

“No.  They'll just know we decided to ditch those losers.  You and me, we are different then the others.  I can feel that we have more in common than the others.”

“Yeah, we both can't control our bowels.  The other girls just have wetting problems.”  I turned to Cassie.  “They are never going to let us live this down.”

“Sure they are,” said Cassie.  “We just got hot.  Diapers are hot in this weather, so we went for a dip in the lake.  No further questions.

We walked back up the hill to the cabin and when we emerged from the trailhead at the edge of the woods, everything was quiet.  When we left, we could hear the girls and Bets talking in the cabin.  Now  it was silent.

Cassie opened the door and I followed her in.  I looked around and noticed the other girls weren't there, except for one girl who let out a squeak.

I looked at the source of the sound.  Bella was lying on a bunk changing her diaper.  “I didn't know you were coming in,” she said.  She finished taping her diaper and grabbed her shorts and pulled them on.  She looked at me and Cassie and then shook her head.  “You two are in big trouble.”

“What for?” asked Cassie.

“You wandered from the group.  You two were supposed to come right back after using the restroom.”  Bella picked up her vampire book and walked to the door.  “Where were you?”

“We went for a swim,” said Cassie.  “It's hot.”

“Well anyway, everyone else is at lunch in the dining hall.  It's that brick building across the meadow.  You should come.  You two need to face the music anyway, and besides there is lunch.”

Bella led the way across the meadow and we followed.

“So why were you in the cabin by yourself?” asked Cassie.

“I didn't want to leak in my pants.  I changed.”  She looked pointedly at me for my lack of pants.  I blushed and ran in the cabin and grabbed some shorts before returning.  I caught up right as they got to the door of the dining hall. 

• 4 weeks later...

I am sorry that I have gone so long without a new chapter.  I hope this one makes up for the lack of previous chapters.  I am just overwhelmed by everything in my life.  It is really hard to prioritize everything.

Chapter Seven: The Punishment

When Cassie and I entered the cafeteria, everyone got quiet.  I knew that did not bode well.  I knew it was even worse when Bets stood up and almost glared at us.

“Cassie, I need to have a word with you in the other room.”  She looked at me.  “I will deal with you after I deal with Cassie.”  She turned and walked toward the kitchen, but turned and waited for Cassie who, with reluctance, followed her.

The other girls stared at me.  Melody was the first to speak.  “You were gone for three hours.  Bets is really mad.  She wants to send you both home.”

“That's not quite true,” said Veronica.  “She said that you better have a very good explanation.”

I panicked.  “But I need this scholarship or I can't go to college.  The alternative is yodeling in Austria.  I can't yodel.”

“Then you better think of a good explanation,” said Melody.  “Personally, I hope she sends Cassie home.  She is such a meanie.”

“She seems really mean, but most mean people are just hurting inside,” said Bella.  “Veronica acts cross and angry all the time, but that is because she hasn't accepted her situation.”

“This is not about me,” said Veronica.  “Besides, if you could pinpoint the person directly to blame for your incontinence, you would be angry at them too.”

“Where were you?” asked Melody.  “I really like you Nora.  I hope you don't get in trouble too.”

I was sitting at the table and it took me a bit of time to realize I was being spoken to.  I was worried to death and I really had to pee even though I had been earlier.  I looked across to Melody.  “Thanks.”

“No problem.  Besides, you promised to teach me to change myself.”

I wondered if one of the other girls would help her out.  I was sure they would, but I had promised.  My thoughts were interrupted as the kitchen door slammed open against the wall and Cassie stormed out.  She turned toward the door and yelled, “I hate you, you stupid bitch.”  She then ran across the cafeteria and out the door toward the cabin.  I caught a glimpse of her face as she ran by.  Tears and mascara streaked her face.  Clearly she was crying.

Bets appeared in the door and I slowly walked into the kitchen knowing I was going to be yodeling soon.  “Nora, come on in.  I want to hear your explanation.”

We walked into the kitchen.  It was not just a kitchen like in a house, but an industrial kitchen with stainless steel counters and fixtures and everything.  Since it was just the six of us, the kitchen didn't look like it was being used.  I followed her toward the freezer which made a buzzing sound.  Two chairs sat in front of the freezer facing each other.

“Sit,” she said as she took a chair.

I sat and looked across to her.

“Cassie didn't want to be a team player.  She is in the cabin packing.  Tell me why I shouldn't yank your scholarship and send you home as well.”

“Cassie lost her scholarship?” I asked.

“Yes.  She told some tale about the two of you getting bored after you went to poop and that you went for a walk to the lake.  Yet you were gone for three hours.  We almost called the park ranger to find you.”

“You didn't believe her?” I asked.

“Of course not.  She was obviously lying and she didn't seem to care that I knew.”

“But,” I started to say.  “That is pretty much what happened.  We got done in the outhouse and walked down to the lake.  I didn't know it was against the rules.  Please don't pull my scholarship.”

“You two are hiding something, so I don't think I have a choice.  Go to the cabin and pack your stuff.”

I couldn't lose this scholarship.  I didn't even get caught as a faker.  How could everything have gone wrong?  “Please, no.”

She gave me a stern look.

I thought about Cassie and how her only way to go to college was this scholarship.  I was just faking my way through this.  Cassie really had bladder control problems.  “It's all my fault.  Don't blame Cassie for this.  She doesn't deserve to lose her scholarship.”

“Cassie made her position clear.  She said the two of you went off so you wouldn't have to hang out with losers like the rest of us.  Are you the one who convinced her of that.”

“No, but it's still my fault.  When we went to the outhouse to go number two, I let Cassie go first because she was the most desperate, but I couldn't hold it until she was done.  I'm eighteen years old and pooped my diaper like a toddler.  I did it right in front of Cassie, too.”

“Go on,” said Bets.  Her tone had changed.

“Well Cassie is pretty abrasive, so I expected her to make fun of me, but she didn't.  I still just stood there and balled.  Instead of teasing me, she put an arm around me and told me it was okay.  However, I didn't feel okay.  I was actually overwhelmed and didn't know how to go about changing myself out of that mess.  The outhouse didn't have running water and I needed a shower.  Cassie suggested that I clean myself in the lake.”

Bets eyebrows went up.  “You didn't wash that mess off in the lake, I hope?”

I shook my head.  “No.  When we got to the lake, we found the dressing rooms for the swimming area and I had a shower.  Cassie helped change me.  She was so nice and I was useless.  Then the worse thing happened.  My diaper had leaked and I had a huge poopy stain on my pants.  I couldn't go back like that.  I sat and cried and refused to move.  It took Cassie a few hours to convince me to come back without my pants.  I was unconvinced until she said to tell them I leaked pee in my pants instead of poop.  I'm so sorry.  I lost Cassie her scholarship all because I had too much pride to let the other girls find out I messed myself.”

“You know that scholarship means a lot to Cassie.  It's her only chance to go to college.  I can probably go in a few years once my dad gets his case with the IRS settled, but Cassie has no money and no family that can help her out.”

“Okay, you can stay.  Go get Cassie and tell her she can stay too.”  Bets then held up a finger.  “However, Cassie said a lot of angry things and insulted all the other girls.  The two of you will befriend Darla and Melody.  Cassie will be in charge of changing and dressing Melody until she learns those skills herself.  I don't know what that woman was thinking not teaching the girl those things.  You do the same for Darla.  Do we have a deal?”

“I can't speak for Cassie, but I accept that deal.”

“Good.  Now go get Cassie and tell her she can stay if she follows the new rules.”

“Sure thing,” I said.  I rushed out of the kitchen and through the cafeteria.  As I left, the other girls were waiting.

“Are you being sent home too?” asked Melody.  She stood up and came toward me.  “I'll really miss you.”  She squeezed me into a tight hug.

“I explained everything to Bets.  Everything is going to be okay.   I got to run and tell Cassie before she does anything regrettable.”  I pulled myself out of Melody's hug and continued out the door toward the cabin.

###

When I opened the door to the cabin, I couldn't see a thing.  There was a thick cloud of what could only be described as baby powder.  Clean diapers littered the floor, a box of wipes lay broken against the wall and clothes were scattered around.

I walked in and found Cassie lying facedown in her pillow.  She was crying, but what really got my attention was she was naked from the waist down.  There was a slightly damp diaper on the floor by her bed.

“Cassie?”

I didn't know I spoke, but she sat up and turned to face me.  She was white as sheet and covered with baby powder.  She must have noticed me staring at her crotch, so she put her pillow in her lap to hid her nudity.  “Did you get kicked out too?” she asked.

“No,” I said.  “I explained everything to Bets and she is going to let us stay.”

“Really?”  She looked around the cabin and then frowned.  She must have been embarrassed.  “What did you tell her?  I said some awful things.  I thought I burned my bridges before I stormed out.”

“I just told her that everything was my fault.  You were just helping me because I had a messy accident and we were away so long because I was upset and too embarrassed to come back.  She bought it.”

She looked back at me.  “You didn't tell her I messed myself first?”

“Nope.”

“Good,” she said.

I was disappointed she didn't say anything else, but then she must have seen the look I gave her.

“I can't live down a messy accident.  I'm sorry you had to take the blame.  Bets isn't punishing us at all?”

“It's okay,” I said.  “Yes, we are getting punished.  We have to teach Melody and Darlene to be more independent.  Both are functionally well-educated toddlers.”

“I can see that Darla just had an over-protective mother, but Melody is a piece of work.”

“Even Bets is surprised that Melody's mother didn't teach her anything.  She is kind of upset about how childish she is.  That's where you come in.  You are her new best friend.”

“Why me?” asked Cassie.  “I am not a mommy.  I am just a girl with a bladder control problem who wants to go to MIT.”

“You said and I quote, 'I hate all these losers who equate incontinence with childishness.  We just went away for some adult time.'”

“Yeah, I said that and I meant it.  I would have tried to break away for some fun time anyway if we hadn't pooped our pants.”

“Fair enough.  Now we have our tasks to perform.”  I waved one hand around the room.  “So what happened here?”

“I threw the contents of my diaper bag around the room in anger.  Do you think Bets will say anything?”

“Let's not find out.”  I picked a clean diaper off the floor.  “Let's get you diapered before you have an accident on the bed.”

She blushed, or I think she did under all the baby powder.  She took the diaper and proceeded to diaper herself.  She looked at me.  “Thanks, Nora.”

“Don't thank me yet.  Let's get this mess cleaned up before the other girls get back.”

We never did get the baby powder cleaned up despite sweeping the floor.  The cloud dissipated and Cassie got her diaper bag restocked and her stuff put back away.  The cabin still had a thin white dust over everything and the overwhelming violet scent of baby powder until we left camp at the end of the week.  However, most of the evidence of Cassie's temper tantrum had been eliminated by the time the other girls returned from dinner.

The only other consequence we faced was dinner.  Both of us were famished from missing our meal.  Cassie and I couldn't get a chance to eat until breakfast.  I was surprised that I managed to get away with faking incontinence, but I only had been at camp for a day.  I had the rest of the week and then four years of college to hide the fact that I was a big fat liar.

Bets said we were going on a nature hike and then for a swim in the morning, so at least there would be activities to bond.  I still needed to pick out which girl would be my new roommate.

In the rear seat, a girl spoke up. “I'm Veronica English. I'm just as normal as anyone else, or I was until the accident. Some drunk ran into my car when I first got my license. It wasn't fair. The drunk doesn't have to wear diapers. That would be fitting justice. Instead, he only got thirty days in jail. I have to spend the rest of my life in diapers.” She pounded her fists on the seat beside her. “My boyfriend took someone else to prom. He was too embarrassed to be with me. I entered my application for the scholarship that day. Ironically, the next day was the last day to get the scholarship application in the mail.”

It's a small detail for a minor character who isn't particularly important yet, but in any U.S. state, a drunk driver that gets into a collision resulting in serious injury to another (let alone a minor) is going to do at least a year in jail, barring extenuating circumstances.

Anyway, I like what you've written, and find myself wishing there was some real-world counterpart to this scholarship (though I'm not incontinent, or female, or interested in MIT or engineering, I really find the idea funny considering my own impending college career). The story so far has some minor their/there/they're confusion, which is mildly off-putting, and Bets' motivation for creating the scholarship is shaky at best, but both of those are small details, and I found Nora's compassion somewhat moving when she depreciated herself to make a case for Cassie (brb, going to wordplay hell for that phrase) though I'm not sure a real person would be have a strong enough desire or the ability to think fast enough to salvage her own scholarship, not to mention that of her newfound companion.

Perhaps explaining more of Nora's background could establish a better foothold for her character type. Right now, all we really know about her is that she applied for a crazy financial aid program as a joke and was made to eat her words when the feds froze her father's money. And, to be honest, most people I know would sooner put themselves through school/take out loans before agreeing to terms like that. So, maybe as the story progresses an affinity for diapers or something could emerge, because it doesn't make much sense right now, the way it is.

Chapter Eight

I had such a hectic day with coming to camp and getting yelled at by Bets that I was surprised that we had only been at the camp for one day.  After the other girls got to the cabin, it was getting dark.  I dug out my cell phone.  Although there was no coverage, I could see the time.  It was only seven in the evening, but I was tired.

Bets was the last one to enter.  “Whoa, it's dusty in here.”

I gave an embarrassed smile.  “Yeah.  We had a bit of a mishap with baby powder.”

“I kind of need a spare bottle now,” said Cassie.

“I'm sure Nora will let you share,” she answered.  “Won't you?”

I nodded.

“And we now have a new rule.  No one is allowed to go away from the main campground without telling me.  You have the whole meadow, the cabin, and the cafeteria.  In addition, there are shower facilities behind the cafeteria building and you are more than welcome to use them at any time.  Does everyone understand?”

A few of the girls nodded, but Bets was looking at me and Cassie.

“We are adults,” said Veronica.  “We are not babies just because of our underwear.”

“Veronica, no one is treating you like babies.  We just have a lot of team building exercises and we are not going to get through them if we have to go all over the camp looking for people.”

“I don't mind,” said Bella.  “It's only a week and then we have college.  I can be adult enough at college.”

“At least Bets is not going around checking our diapers to see if we need changed,” said Darla.  “In spite of the problems we have, at least she lets us have some autonomy.”

I looked over at Melody, but she just sat in silence.  She had her bear in hand and was hugging it tight.  I wondered how she would adjust to college.  I had had my whole childhood to adjust slowly to not having a mother do everything for me.   To be thrust from baby to adulthood in one week must be scary and it would be an abrupt adjustment.  Of course she hadn't had to deal with bullying or anything like that, but that didn't give her social skills.  Cassie and I had our work cut out for us.

“So, anyway tomorrow is a full day,” said Bets.  “You all might like to get some extra rest.  It's 7:30 now, so I will turn the light off at 9:00, but your time is your own until morning.”

There was a scramble as six girls stood up and went to their bags.  I grabbed the romance novel I was working my way though and curled up in my bed with it.  Bella grabbed her Anne Rice novel.  We were apparently the only readers in the group.  Cassie pulled out a deck of cards and taught Darla and Veronica how to play spades.  Melody wanted to play too, but she couldn't follow the game and kept begging to play Old Maid instead.

I felt bad that she was left out, but I was too comfy with my novel.  I was surprised when she pulled Barbies out of her bag and started to play with them on her bed.  I rolled my eyes and returned to my novel.

In the novel, Phillipe was hired as a ranch hand after Mayre's husband had died.  At first Mayre had hated the man, but he saved her many times.  Once he saved her from rattle snakes and then later when her horse got a bur in its saddle and was out of control.  He chased down the horse and lassoed it before  holding her in his arms.

I had the sudden urge to pee and I relaxed and let the inevitable happen.  Would a man like Phillipe, or even the average frat boy want to date me while I kept up this charade?  Boyfriends were supposed to be part of the college experience.  Did Bets realize that wearing a diaper would be a drag on my sex life?  Of course I was being selfish.  I am sure she experienced lots of rejection from boys due to the diapers.  I was stealing a chance from another incontinent girl, so I already knew I was being selfish.

I rolled over into my pillow and started to cry.  I was overwhelmed.  This was too much.  It was only one day in diapers and I was ready to be done.  I needed the scholarship.  I was not going to give it up, but four years of this was going to suck really bad.

I tried to keep my sobs silent.  The other girls were reading or absorbed in their games.  However, Melody looked over at me and saw my blood-swollen eyes.  She put down her dolls and walked over and knelt beside my bed.

“Are you homesick, Nora?” she asked.

I shook my head and tried to think of a way to shoo her away, but she sat down beside me and started stroking my hair.  “Don't worry, Nora.  I miss my mommy, too.”

Angrily I grabbed her arm and shoved her away.  “Stop touching me,” I yelled.  The hurt look Melody gave me as she fell against the other bunk snapped me out of my morose.  I got down on the floor and put an arm around her.  “Are you all right?  I'm sorry I pushed you.”  I saw Bets glare at me, but she didn't intervene.

“I'm not injured, but I'm still hurt,” she said.  Her voice was still sad.  “I was just trying to help.  My mommy brushes my hair when I am sad and I thought it might make you feel better.”

“It was a nice gesture, but please don't do that again. I am just upset about having to wear diapers.  I'm just afraid I won't ever have a boyfriend.  I haven't had a boyfriend since I first started having to wear diapers.”  That was the first honest thing I had said about my diapers since I got there.  I didn't have a boyfriend and I hadn't last week when I tried diapers for the first time.  “I was just reading my romance novel and it just brought back the fact that none of the female interest in those books wear diapers.”

“Are you saying that I can't get a boyfriend if I am in diapers?” asked Melody.  “When I was twelve I asked my mother when I could have a boyfriend and she said when I started college.  Why would she tell me that if I can't.”

I sighed.  “No one is saying we can't have boyfriends.  It's just that most boys will be grossed out when we are making out with them and they discover a diaper on their girlfriend.”  

“But....”

“Don't tell me you are that sheltered.  All boyfriends eventually want to have sex.  They will discover you wear diapers then.  They will be surprised to find that you are not wearing sexy panties.”

“I've never worn panties,” she admitted.

“Weren't you ever potty trained?”

She smiled.  “Nope.  Mommy told me I wasn't able to be potty trained because I am incontinent.”

“I had many doctor's visits trying to find the cause of my incontinence after my car accident,” I said.  That was the cover story Kara and I devised when I wrote my essay for the scholarship.

“Veronica told me she went to the doctor multiple times after the drunk driver ran into her,” said Melody.  “I've never been to the doctor's office.  My mother doesn't believe in them.  She has a spiritual healer we go to instead.  Mommy runs a shop that sells hard to find ingredients that spiritual healers use, so we get a discount.”

I was appalled.  How could have she gone through life with a major problem like incontinence and never been looked at by a real doctor.  Did she not have vaccinations either?  Was she a religious nut?  How would her mother let her go to a college like MIT where they have science if that was the case?

“Umm, Melody?”

“Nora.”

“What about vaccines?  You have to go to the doctor to get vaccines.  They won't let you start college unless your shot records are up to date.”

“Mother's spiritual healer didn't believe in vaccines, so mother didn't either.  I never needed them since I was home schooled.  We had direct energy transference instead.”

outh to object, but she interrupted me.

“I think DET is nonsense.  I still got measles.  That was a really itchy two weeks.”  She frowned.  “Don't worry about the vaccines though.  I got a letter from MIT last week that said that I just have to visit the Student Health Center to get them taken care of within the first two weeks of the semester.  I am an adult now and can make my own health decisions.  That includes going to get my health care needs filled by someone that doesn't buy scary chicken feet and hangs them from the ceiling.”

I put an arm around Melody.  I thought she was just sheltered before, but now I believe that her mother did her active harm.  “So tell me about home schooling.”

“Well, daddy used to visit me on Christmas and my birthday.  So when I was seven, he brought me some school books and I did all the worksheets.  Every Christmas and birthday I got some more and he picked up my worksheets.  I went up two grades every year.  They got harder and harder the last couple years though.  For my sweet sixteen, daddy took me out on a day all my own.  We went to a real school, which was weird because it was a Saturday and he left me there to take my ACT.  I got a perfect score and we looked for scholarships.  Mother was really upset when she found out, but I'm eighteen and daddy said she has to let me go to college.  I guess that is homeschooling.  I am interested to see how college works because you get teachers.”

I was taken aback.  She seemed so dumb, but if she home schooled herself with only books and worksheets, she had to be a genius.  “Melody, you are going to be in my study group when we start college.”  I turned and kissed her on the cheek.

She smiled.  “I'd like that.  I never got to study with anyone else.”

Bets walked over to the light switch and toggled it so the lights blinked.  “Fifteen minutes, girls.”

“Can you change me into a clean diaper before bed?” asked Melody.  “I know you promised to teach me to do this myself, but you haven't yet.”

I sighed.  “Sure.”  I helped Melody out of her overalls and then changed her.  She just stared blankly as I did it.  I taped the final tape and then patted her hip.  “All set,” I said and started to get up.

“Aren't you going to help me into my jammies?”  She sat up and went through her bag and found a sleeper and handed it to me.  It was August and hot.  I shoved it back in her bag.

“No,” I said.  “It's too hot for jammies.  We are just going to sleep in our diapers and shirts.”  I pulled off the soccer shorts I was wearing and folded them and put them at the foot of my bed.  I was dry, but I had waited a bit long to wet and it might be suspicious if I conveniently wet right before I needed a change.  I had to pee a little bit and I would have gone to the bathroom if I wasn't wearing a diaper.

“Are you sure it's okay?”

I looked around at the other girls.  Veronica wore shorts over her diaper, but Bella only wore a t-shirt like us.  Darlene wore a nightie.  Cassie got in bed and cast aside her bra and t-shirt before covering up.  I was surprised that she would go shirtless in front of the rest of us.  My best friend Kara had told me she slept naked unless she was staying at my house.  I was a t-shirt and panties girl.  I had nighties and even a set of flannel pajamas, but I always found that they were too much.  “Yeah, I think it's okay.  If you get cold just let me know.  I know you don't want to wear a sleeper though.”

I left Melody in her bed holding her teddy bear and returned to my bed.  As I passed Cassie's bed, she grinned at me.  “How was your talk with the baby?”

Just then the lights went out, so she didn't see me when I scowled at her.  “Don't call her that.  Besides, you need to teach her to dress and change herself.”

“Don't remind me,” she said.  “And I suppose I should be nice since Bets gave me a second chance.”

“There's the spirit,” I said.  I got in my own bed and lay staring at the ceiling.  If Melody the other girls could deal with incontinence, then I should be able to wear diapers continually too.  I closed my eyes and relaxed before remembering that I had to pee.  I couldn't get comfortable, so I just relaxed letting the wetness fill my diaper.  It felt really warm against me and with that feeling, I drifted off to sleep.

Chapter Nine: Are You Sure You Belong Here?

I woke up and around me all the girls were sleeping.  At least I didn’t see anyone moving around.  It was light enough with the moonlight shining in the windows so that I could see.  I looked around.  Bets snored.  She lay in the bed by the door, but I could tell she couldn’t know who was coming in or out.  Melody sucked her thumb and hugged her teddy.  Darla had her mouth open as she slept.  I only saw the lump that was Veronica curled up under her sheets.  Bella just slept on top of her bed.  She was rolled over on her stomach.  Her shirt rode up and I could see her entire diaper on display.  However, I didn’t see Cassie.

My diaper sort of started to feel clammy, so I wanted a change.  I changed as quietly as I could and then walked to the trash can to throw away my used diaper.  As I passed the door, I heard a noise coming from outside.  I stepped out to investigate.

Right away things were different.  There were usually crickets cricketing and other night sounds but everything was still.  We were away from the city and away from electric lights, or at least most electric lights.  The only artificial light I’ve seen was in the cabin and it was off.  However the sky was brilliant.  It seemed covered in stars.  I was used to only seeing a handful of stars, but they were clouds of stars.  They ran in streaks and patterns around the sky.  I was staring so hard at the stars that I almost forgot why I was out here, until I heard a pattering sound coming from behind a tree.

I walked over to investigate and Cassie almost walked into me.  She was adjusting her shorts, but when she saw me she got frightened.

“What are you doing out here, Nora?”

“I heard a noise,” I said.  “What were you doing over there?”  I wondered what caused the pattering sound.  If we weren’t all diapered, I would have thought she was peeing, but that didn’t make sense.

“Oh, um,” she started.  “The stars were really bright so I went to investigate.  You know if you wait long enough you can see a shooting star.”

“No you can’t.  Stars are just big gaseous balls of hydrogen.  If one fell to earth, the planet would burn up.  No.  The whole solar system would be destroyed.”

She grabbed my hand and dragged me across the meadow to a clear spot.  Her blanket lay in the grass and I watched her lie down on it.  “Lay beside me and we can watch.”

I decided to play along and got down on the blanket beside her.  I looked at the brilliant star field and tried to find the big dipper.  That was the only constellation I knew.

“There.”  Cassie pointed at where the streak was.  “Did you see the shooting star?”

“It was a flash,” I admitted, “but I doubt it was a star.”

“Of course not, you dolt.”  She punched me lightly in the arm.  “It’s a meteor.  Just a piece of space rock.  It’s just called a shooting star.  The basically fall all the time.”

“Meteors land on the earth constantly?  You’d think you’d be able to find meteors everywhere if they are constantly falling.”

“Meteors don’t land.  If they did, they’d be meteorites.  Besides, most are the size of sand and just burn up to show the streak you saw.”  She pointed at the sky.  “Ooh, another one.  They are not all over the place.”

“So how do you know all about this?” I asked.

“When I lived with Felix and Elisa.  Felix was an astronomer and he took me to the observatory all the time.  I got to look through an eight inch telescope a few times.  I really like that family a lot.  Well he taught me a lot of astronomy stuff.”

“What happened?” I asked.  “Did they lock you in a cage too?”

“No, they weren’t like Lorraine.  I screwed this one up.”  She looked at me and smiled.  “I sort of beat up another girl in high school pretty bad, so I had to live in juvie for six months.  They didn’t want me back when I got out, so CPS assigned me to another family.”  She slurred the last few words as she started to cry.

I put an arm around her.  “It’s okay,” I said.

“No it’s not.  I wet the bed every night and then they made me wear diapers.”  She cried even harder.  “The other girls made fun of me and I got beat up all the time.”

I held her and patted her back.  “No one is going to make fun of you for your diapers.”

“Thanks,” she said.  She sounded a bit sarcastic.  We were bonding and her tone just kicked me out of it.  I thought maybe I was imagining it and I didn’t want to think bad of her after she opened herself up to me.  Was Cassie a trouble maker?  Would she hurt any of us?

“We better get back to bed before Bets thinks we are breaking more rules.  I don’t want to lose my scholarship,” she said.

“Yeah, go ahead.  I will follow you in a little bit.  We shouldn’t come in at the same time.  If we wake someone, they’ll notice both of us.”

“Good idea.”  She picked up her blanket and walked toward the cabin.  When she went inside, I listened but didn’t hear anyone stirring.  I turned and walked a different direction to the place I first saw Cassie come from behind the trees.  I took out my cellphone and used it as a light to find what was making the splashing sound.  There was wetness beneath the tree trunk.  I knelt close enough to smell if it was pee and it was.  Cassie was peeing back there.

I walked slowly back to the cabin and tiptoed back to bed.  No one except Cassie was awake.  She looked at me.  “You don’t tell anyone,” she hissed.

Did she know I suspected her?  That I discovered her pee puddle in the woods?

She slid beside my bed and held one of my hands.  “I don’t want the other girls to know about me being sent to juvie.  They already hate me.”  She looked me in the eyes and moved my hand so our pinkies were interlinked.  “Pinky swear.”

I was surprised she used such a childish gesture, but she had a look of panic on her face when I hesitated.  “Pinky swear.”

“And don’t tell them about me crying.”  She turned and scooted off to bed.

I lay back and stared at the bunk above me.  Cassie was a girl of contradictions.    First I thought she was going to beat me up for discovering that she was peeing outside.  However, she thought she got away with it, so that was not what she was hiding at all.  Instead of beating me, she did that little girl pinky swear thing.  I was seven the last time Kara and I pinky swore.  She had beaten up another girl in the past, so why was I different?  Maybe her meanness was just a cover for her being afraid.

I still had to worry if she was a threat to me.  She was in juvie for hurting someone.  Six months must mean she hurt the other girl bad and I wondered if she would do it again.  However, she seemed to like me.  She confided secrets that I wouldn’t have had the courage to tell.

If she was really incontinent, could she have been able to pee outside?  I doubted it.  She had to walk quite a way from the blanket she lay out in order to pop a squat.  It wasn’t right for her to fake this just for the scholarship.  However, I was a faker and who was I to judge Cassie?   I couldn’t see the splinter in her eye with the plank in my eye.

I rolled onto my side.  Experimentation had shown that wetting in this position meant a leaky diaper, but I was not going to sleep on my back or stomach.  It was more comfortable and I was in no danger of wetting in my sleep.  I closed my eyes and relaxed.

• 3 weeks later...

My apologies for the long hiatus.  There will be no working on the story during the month of November.  I hope I will be able to fit one more installment before then, but this might be it until I get time in December to write.  As always, feedback is appreciated.

Chapter Ten: The Nature Hike

I woke to Bets yelling at us to get up.  “It's morning and we are going to go swimming,” she said.  “You  can't lie in bed all day.   It's nine o'clock already.  You don't want to sleep away the day when there is so much nature to see.”

I rolled to my back and stretched before looking around.  Cassie had a blank look on her face, but she had her hands over her eyes as if she was rubbing them.  Melody just jumped out of bed walked over closer to Cassie and I.

Veronica's hair was everywhere.  She was already going through her stuff and when she bent down, I could see her sleep shorts were wet.  She grabbed a clean diaper and threw it angrily onto her bed along with her changing supplies.  When she looked my way, she seethed with anger.  Darlene just sat on her bed and looked at her feet.  Bella stood and stretched.  Her t-shirt rode up to display her wet diaper.

Bella was the first to speak.  “Where can we shower?”

Bets smiled.  “There are shower facilities across the meadow.  Get you stuff and lets go.”

Five minutes later, we all trooped across the meadow.  We must have been a sight since we were all in our pajamas.  Cassie did put on a shirt, but the rest of us wore what we slept in.  Veronica was still cross and I heard her and Bella talking.

“Did you leak last night?” asked Bella.  “Are you wearing Depends?”

“Of course I'm wearing diapers.  They just suck for sleeping in.”  Veronica still wore her soaked shorts.

“I meant that you don't really have good ones,” said Bella.

“I don't want them to show under my clothes.  I'm not wearing thick ones with blocks on them like that girl.”  She pointed at Melody's diaper.

“I don't know about the blocks, but thicker is better.”  She lifted her t-shirt to reveal her diaper.  “No baby blocks, but they are thicker and my nightie is dry.  I'll loan you one for tonight if you want to try.  You'll feel better in the morning.”

“I'd feel better in the morning if I didn't have to wear diapers at all.”  Veronica bore her teeth and it looked like she was going to snarl at Bella.

Darleen grabbed Bella by the arm and pulled her toward me.  “Don't mine Veronica.  She looks like she needs coffee.”

“Or an enema,” said Cassie.  “She has something up her ass.”

I elbowed her in the ribs.  “Shush.”  She gave me an angry look and I remembered what Cassie was capable of.  Was she going to beat me now?

I turned to apologize, but she just smiled.  “Geeze, it was only a joke.”

“Remember,” I said.  “You are supposed to be nice.”

She frowned.

Melody grabbed stood on my other side.  She looked a bit worried and reached to grab my hand.  I let her hold it until we got to a door in the back of the cafeteria building.  It had a woman's bathroom symbol and another symbol indicating showers.  We walked and the other girls race toward the showers.

I found a bench and threw my bag on it before stripping down to shower myself.  Melody stood quietly beside me and just stood there.  She looked worried.  I looked at her.  “Are you all right?”

“I always take baths.  I never took a shower before.”

I sighed.  Did she have to be that helpless.  “Well there are probably not any bathtubs in the dorms either, so get used to it.”

“But...,”

“Just get undressed.”  I took off my t-shirt and diaper and then wrap a towel around me.  I looked over to Melody and she saw she was doing the same.  At least I didn't have to undress her like a baby.    I put a hand on her shoulder.  “It will be okay.”

There were only four position in the shower and Bets, Cassie, Veronica, and Bella were first, so Melody, Darlene, and I had to wait.  

I looked into the shower.  Most of the other girls were finished.  I took Melody by the hand and pushed her under the shower and then took my position under the other shower head.  I cleaned the best could and then returned to my towel and started to dry off.  Melody was still under the shower soaping up.  She looked happy in there.  I imagined how her life must have been before camp.  Her mommy probably bathed her like a toddler.  I dried off and then pulled my bikini out of my bag.  I kept my towel around my waist and put on the bikini top.  Before I grabbed the panties and put them on, Bets voice rang out clearly.

“Girls, hurry up and get dressed.  We are going on an hour long nature hike on the way to go swimming.  Be sure you bring some extra diapers.  We are going to be gone from the cabin until noon.”

I grabbed a clean diaper and taped it on.  I found some clean shorts in my bag and pulled them on and stuffed the bikini bottoms in my pocket.  Melody came out of the shower naked and wet.  I tossed her a towel and she started to dry off.

“Can you diaper me please?” she asked.

I shook my head.  “Cassie is supposed to do that from now on,” I said.  I motioned over to Cassie and she came over.

“Hurry and get dressed, Baby,” she said when she saw Melody wasn't ready.

I sighed.  “We talked about this, Cassie.  You need to help her.  Besides, she's not a baby.  She's really smart if you get to talk to her.”

Cassie frowned.  “Well, Smarty Pants, lay down on the  bench.”  She put one of Melody's building block diapers under her and pulled the front up between her legs.  She was about to tape it up, but I had to tease her.

“You must really like changing diapers,” I said.

“No, I don't.  Bets is making me.”

“She's making you do it until she learns how to do it herself,” I said.  “If you don't teach her, she's not going to learn and you'll have to keep doing it.”

She scowled, but looked at Melody.  “See, you lay on the diaper and then you pull the front up to the same level.”  She described the process as she did so.

I was enjoying Cassies discomfort until Darlene tugged on my arm.  “Can you give me a hand?”

She held a untaped diaper between her legs and she looked cross.  I helped her down on the bench.  “I always tape the bottom tapes first,” I said.  “Then you can make sure the top ones go over your hips so your diaper doesn't sag too much.”  I taped them in place.  I never thought I would be changing diapers.  I was glad Kara made me wear them and change myself in the week before camp.  I would have looked stupid if I didn't know what I was doing.

When I was done, I brushed my hair the best I could and tied it in a pony tail.  Toothbrushing followed.  I decided to skip the whole makeup thing.  It was just us girls and it would wash off while swimming.

Cassie and I were the last to leave the bathroom when all was said and done.   I smiled at the group.  “Shall we be moving?” asked Bets.

Melody took Cassie by the hand and they followed Bets and the other girls.  I was surprised Cassie let her hold her hand.  She looked back at me with a look of discomfort.  I smiled and walked beside Darlene.

We walked into the woods and Bets pointed out all the trees and what types they were.  After about twenty minutes, she pointed out some mushrooms growing on a tree like a shelf.  I thought it was pretty cool, but the other girls were bored.

“Nora, what is your room like?” asked Darlene.  “I bet you have a cool and more adult-looking room.  Mine has pink walls and a stupid canopy bed.”

I frowned.  “I'd actually like a room like that.  Mine has a boarded up window and black scorch marks on my carpet.”

“Really?  What happened?”

“My house got raided by the IRS.  They came with guns.  It was scary because I was still in bed and they smashed through the windows.  They wouldn't let me get dressed until they were done searching the house.”

“Whoa.  That sounds embarrassing.  Were they nice about your diapers?”

I had to stop and think about it.  I hadn't been in diapers then.  I wondered what would have happened if it was the case.  “No.”  I remembered the SWAT team teasing me about wetting myself when the flashbang grenade flew through the window.  I don't they would have been very nice if I was in diapers then.  “They even handcuffed me so I wasn't able to pull my shirt down and I was obviously very wet.”

Sitting in wet panties for three hours was embarrassing.  Wetting on my carpet because I was still in handcuffs was even worse.

“Oh my,” she said.  “I though I had it bad with a mother who won't leave me alone.  You have it far worse than me.”

I felt bad.  I was gaming these people for free college and Darlene felt bad for me.  I felt disgusted with myself.

“Well, it's good you got the scholarship since your money dried up,” she said.

I nodded.  “So tell me more about yourself.”

“Well, I have four brothers.  I'm the only girl.  I'm the youngest.”  She looked around.  “Nothing really exciting happened to me.  Well that I remember.  I was in a car accident between first and second grade.  I don't remember it at all.  I do remember coming home from the hospital and having to wear diapers again.  My mother is a stay at home mom, so she could make sure I have anything I want.  She writes all the time”.

“I had to be quiet and play with my toys or read a book in her office so she could keep an eye on me.  I really didn't need constant supervision.  The only freedom I got was when mother dropped me off at school and there I had to deal with people who bullied me.”

“Oh wow,” I said.  “I thought she was over the top when she dropped you off at the van.”

“I was surprised by that too.  I thought I'd get a reprieve now that I am eighteen, but I think she is a habitual meddler in my life.”  She sighed.  “It worked out.  I didn't have anything to do at home but do homework.  At least mother didn't hover over me and second guess me on school work.  Everything else was hovering.”  She twirled around.  “Do you see how I dress?”

I did look at her.  She wore nighties to bed, which was just personal preference, I thought, but she also wore weird looking clothes.  Her jeans were just a bit like mom-jeans.  I mean, sure she would need the extra room in the seat, so I never expected anything.  However, her shirts were a bit dressy.  I hadn't really seen her wear a t-shirt the whole trip.  She only wore button-down blouses.  “It's not that bad,” I said.

She pointed to Melody just ahead.  She wore a pink t-shirt with a Disney princess on the front.  She wore a short white jeans skirt and I swear I could see her diaper peaking out as she walked.   “At least I am not as babyish as she is.”

“Well, from what I hear, her mother makes yours seem normal.  You know she never had a vaccination in her life?”

“What? My mother wouldn't let up about the vaccine thing.  I think I had to get a flu shot at least twice a year.  My shot record is meticulously recorded in volume eighteen of my baby book.”

“Volume eighteen?”  I had a book with baby pictures and scrapbook items, but it stopped getting updated when I was three.  “I do have a shelf with all my participation trophies, but I don't care about those.  I got my softball trophies for sitting on the bench.”

“My brothers had some of those.  They never kept them.  They only kept their championship trophies.  I never got to play sports.  It wasn't safe for someone with my condition.”  She shook her head.  “I only have a severed nerve from where a pen impaled me during the accident.  It's only the nerve that tells me when I have to go pee.  It's not like I am in danger of hurting my back or jarring something if I get hurt doing sports.”

“So why couldn't you do anything?”

“I think mother feels guilty because she thinks she couldn't protect me,” she said.  “I have to be watched over so no more harm will come to me.  You know, I am not prepared to be on my own.  Mother didn't even teach me to change myself.  It's ridiculous.”

“We'll work on that,” I said.

“I appreciate it.”  She looked at me.  “You know, I noticed you are pretty together.  You step up and help out.  I don't know what you did to Cassie.”  She pointed at Cassie and Melody holding hands as they walked.  “She was so mean before.  Bella told me Bets was going to throw her out of the program.”

“Bella was wrong.”  I didn't want to tell her about our messy diapers.  I didn't want to have the other girls find that out about me.  “Well, Bets just asked Cassie to help out Melody.  She wasn't in trouble.”

“We all heard Cassie's outburst,” said Darlene.  “Something went down.”

“It's a private matter,” I said.  “Bets said it was over and forgotten.”  I must have appeared angry.

“I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to pry.”

“Forget it,” I said.

“So what made you choose engineering?” I asked.

“I had the grades for it.  We don't have much money because there were a lot of medical bills and mother quit her job to take care of me.  I couldn't get any other scholarships because you have to be involved in extracurricular activities to actually be awarded most scholarship.  I don't even know what I want to do when I grow up.  Never had any experience that would help me decide.”

“I actually wanted to teach English,” I admitted.  “I want to write an awesome bodice ripper with Fabio on the cover.”

“Ick,” she said.  “Fabio is pretty dumb.  He can barely speak English.  Mother got to meet him when he was in a photo shoot for her cover.”

“You're kidding.  Your mother wrote a book with Fabio on the cover?”

“Yeah, ick.”

“I love him,” I said.  “I used to lay in bed and read his books with one hand under the blankets.”  I blushed.

“Eww,” she said.

“Oh, come on, surely you have.  Everyone does it.”

“I don't.  You really missed the part where my mother supervises every aspect of my life.”  She looked at me.  “Just eww.  That was too much information.”

“Oh look,” I said, desperate to change the conversation.  “Bets is pointing out a deer.  Be quiet or it will run away.”

The deer came closer to us and I saw that it had an orange tag in its ear.  It saw us and turned and bounded away.  “Are they domesticated?” I asked Bets.  “What's with the ear tags?”

“No,” said Bets.  “It's a state park.  They mark them to manage the wildlife.  Some people like to hunt here in the winter.”

“Oh, no,” said Melody.  “Someone would kill that sweet little deer?  It's like when Bambi's mother got shot.”

“Stop being a baby,” said Cassie.  “There are too many deer anyway.”

Bets glared at Cassie for an instant and then we resumed our march.

“That was weird,” said Darlene.

“Cassie had to grow up too soon,” I said.  “She doesn't have the patience to deal with Melody tactfully.”

We walked a while longer and then came out of the woods behind the locker rooms by the lake.  Cassie and I had been there earlier.  Behind the building was a picnic table and on it was a basket.  “Oh good.  The food is here,” said Bets.  “We can have out picnic after our swim.”

Swimming would be fun.  I didn't know how much it would reveal about me or the other girls.  I've never been so humiliated in my life.