Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

So, I posted this on some other board the other day and now I think I have never seen it on here, so this may be new to some.

The URL is http://castlage.com/

It's a website made by a guy named tyao, and it contains a lot of very good Flash videos and images that are definitely relevant.

Don't be scared by all the Japanese text. Just click everything. Most of it is good.

These are the most interesting:

http://castlage.com/01/02gallery.html (videos; also contains bios on the recurring characters)

http://castlage.com/01/03illustration000.html (illustrations)

http://castlage.com/01/03memorial00001.html (illustrations from when the girls were young)

http://castlage.com/01/12serviceshot.html (service shots; again illustrations)

Note that for the illustrations, you have to click the links on the pages for making various images appear.

Just a little warning: there is some (very tame) pooping content.

EDIT: Fixed links that were butchered by forum software.

Edited by Drying (see edit history)
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess uploading them is not a bad idea. I do wonder why tyao removed them though.   This is all of the videos on the "Gallery" page (except for the "image" Flash), the versions currently on the s

So, I posted this on some other board the other day and now I think I have never seen it on here, so this may be new to some. The URL is http://castlage.com/   It's a website made by a guy named ty

I seem to have saved several of the older videos from this site, which have since been removed. The .swf files play fine in my browser, so just drag and drop into a new tab if you don't have the file

Posted Images

I can't figure out how to watch videos any help?

I started my reply to you, and while trying out what I was saying I noticed that most of the videos seem to be "unpublished" (Google Translate).

I don't know why this is, or since when (I tried to find out, but I could not really find it).

There's a good chance that high traffic plays a role in this.

Therefore, I will not post how to circumvent it.

There are, however, five videos that are still there.

Go to http://castlage.com/01/02gallery.html .

Then scroll to the bottom, and up a bit. The bottom-most image links to a Flash which contains a bunch of images which are also on other parts of the site.

Starting from the bottom with the Shinji + Asuka image, there are three adapted anime videos.

Above that, there are two videos of the same woman. To play the topmost one, click one of the two links under the image (right one links to a version without clicking sounds).

Edited by Drying (see edit history)

I guess uploading them is not a bad idea.

I do wonder why tyao removed them though.

This is all of the videos on the "Gallery" page (except for the "image" Flash), the versions currently on the site (just downloaded them; the files are still there).

These versions mostly include a skip button.

Again, the messing warning applies for some of these.

Awesome, the fancy uploader works again for me.

CASTLAGE0001.swf

CASTLAGE0002.swf

CASTLAGE0003.swf

CASTLAGE0003-2.swf

CASTLAGE0004.swf

CASTLAGE0005.swf

CASTLAGE0006.swf

CASTLAGE0007.swf

CASTLAGE0008-01.swf

CASTLAGE0009.swf

CASTLAGE0008-02.swf

CASTLAGE1001.swf

CASTLAGE1002.swf

CASTLAGE1003.swf

CASTLAGE1004.swf

CASTLAGE1005.swf

CASTLAGE1006.swf

CASTLAGE1007.swf

CASTLAGE1008.swf

CASTLAGE1009-01.swf

CASTLAGE1009-02.swf

CASTLAGE1010-01.swf

CASTLAGE1010-03.swf

05010001.swf

05010002.swf

05010003.swf

• 2 weeks later...

After a good deal of effort and frustration, I've managed to extract the contents of these .swf files and found a program to parse the kanji from the images into text (it's called kanjitomo in case anyone's interested), all with the intention of making an effort at translation.

As such, here's the first of my results: a full translation of the first main episode (castlage0001.swf from the above post). As you can see it's much shorter and simpler than the others (and I actually manually copied the text for this one before I figured out the extraction and recognition technique), and the text is almost completely irrelevant to the scenario anyway, but it's at least a proof of concept.

episode 1 translation.txt

After a good deal of effort and frustration, I've managed to extract the contents of these .swf files and found a program to parse the kanji from the images into text (it's called kanjitomo in case anyone's interested), all with the intention of making an effort at translation.

As such, here's the first of my results: a full translation of the first main episode (castlage0001.swf from the above post). As you can see it's much shorter and simpler than the others (and I actually manually copied the text for this one before I figured out the extraction and recognition technique), and the text is almost completely irrelevant to the scenario anyway, but it's at least a proof of concept.

Cool! There are some videos I would like to see the translations of.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Here's the next installment, translations for episode 2 (castlage0002.swf) and "request episode 1" (castlage1001.swf). 

A few notes about these ones: Yes, the person in episode 2 labeled "X" really doesn't have a name; the "X with dots on all four sides" character doesn't have any particular meaning as far as I know, unlike the 「 and 」 characters which signify someone speaking and have thus been translated as " ". Similarly, "Sensei" in request episode 1 is a nameless teacher, who is identified and addressed only with the word for teacher. And finally, as you can see, the last line in episode 2 is very strange. It may be an actual word that my resources aren't able to translate for any of various possible reasons, it may be a non-lexical vocalization, or something in between. I've chosen to go with that intermediate option by using words that attempt to convey the approximate implicit connotation of the sounds rather than guess at an explicit meaning.

episode 2 translation.txt

episode R1 translation.txt

Thanks for the translations :)

I have to say though, that knowing the translations does not add a whole lot to these movies, as the big picture was more or less clear without the text.

There's one I'm very curious about, and that's R7 .

I really don't have a clue what's happening at the end.

It also doesn't help that the bios on the gallery page is just a big image, so I can't really use Google translate.

Awww, someone beat me to the punch :P

Although in all seriousness, thank you Drying for including ALL of Tyao's Castlage .swf and .avi files and sharing them on the site, as I was NOT smart enough to actually save some of the files

(i figure tyao's content would be permanent, of course i was wrong :dry: ) 

Also, thank you EnragedFilia, for doing english translations for some of the episodes, as this was something that i absolutely wanted for a LONG time  :happy:

Overall, im glad that Castlage is getting some attention from this site and im truly excited for the upcoming episode 11 request (a swf remake of an illustration on the site)

Heres the link to the remaked illustration:

http://castlage.com/01/03illustration04001.html

Heres a link to "Making an episode" section of the site where tyao shows steps to making his episodes (updates often)

http://castlage.com/01/07making1011.html

>Castlage translations

>mfw

eRfZ19p.png

Go, Filia, go, go! Go, Filia, go-go-go! It never stops once it starts to slide!

And as for the X with four dots, it's kind of like asterisk note. As in:

*Note: never try to do this at home

Speaking of the last line in episode 2, チビチャッタ is not a vocalization, just one of the things that don't have a solid translation. And the fact that it's out of place doesn't help it either. It roughly equals to "I thnik I just-!" kind of gasp one supposed to let out when she loses the first spurt, not when she completely floods her shorts. But at the same time it goes well with that defeated expression! "Oh no! - the dam collapses - "I couldn't hold it..."

tl;dr: wetting flash movies are DEEP.

tl;dr: wetting flash movies are DEEP.

And you can learn lots of useful stuff too! Thanks for the help, Lisk.

Now for the request episode 2 translation. Unlike previous installments, this gripping tale of an unfortunate girl struggling with her fear of water really is helped somewhat by knowing the translation. Now for everyone that didn't read the character list it's important to know that the three girls here are Yuri Kotsubu (pink hair, swimsuit, star of this episode), Tomomi Mihajiki (long brown hair, star of episodes 1 and 2), and Mai Wakana (short brown hair, star of episode 3), and that Mr. Takagi is addressing all three of them by their surnames while only their given names appear before their own lines.

And incidentally, the java application I linked to above is also useful for parsing text directly out of web images, such as the image portions of the gallery page, in order to use with automatic translation. It works best with kanji, but will usually recognize kana as well.

episode R2 translation.txt

チビチャッタ is not a vocalization, just one of the things that don't have a solid translation. And the fact that it's out of place doesn't help it either. It roughly equals to "I thnik I just-!" kind of gasp one supposed to let out when she loses the first spurt, not when she completely floods her shorts. But at the same time it goes well with that defeated expression! "Oh no! - the dam collapses - "I couldn't hold it..."

チビッちゃった = ちびてしまった = "I wet myself" (conjugation of ちびる = "To wet oneself" plus past tense of しまう = "to do something unintentionally or completely").

The long awaited:

Episode 3! (the remake version, Castlage0003-2.swf)

As you can see, the episodes are getting a little longer and the scenarios more detailed. Today, we find Mai waiting in line to buy the newly released video game "Final Eclat 3". The name (ファイナルエクラド3) is clearly a reference to Final Fantasy, and possibly Dragon Quest as well. Now the string "エクラド should be read e-ku-ra-do, but since it's clearly supposed to be a loanword and I couldn't come up with a common English word that made any sense, I went with "Eclat", which is apparently French for something having to do with "brilliance".

Now when Mai mentions Tomo in one line, she's obviously talking about her friend Tomomi from the first two episodes, and using a highly familiar diminutive suffix which makes it quite clear that they're close friends (like it says on the character page).

And finally, the appearance of "the director" at the end, along with Fuuka and Naomi. I couldn't figure out exactly who any of them are, and can only conclude that this sequence is supposed to be a metahumorous fourth wall gag.

Once again, I'd appreciate any corrections that any linguists more cunning than myself would care to provide as to my choice of wording for some of these tricky phrases.

episode 3 translation.txt

And finally, the appearance of "the director" at the end, along with Fuuka and Naomi. I couldn't figure out exactly who any of them are, and can only conclude that this sequence is supposed to be a metahumorous fourth wall gag.

I think I can help you on that one:

http://podrq.blog.fc2.com/

I have not really checked out the blog yet, but tyao refers to dr. Q more than once.

Thanks Drying, that explains the reference. And I believe I've also cracked the mystery of ファイナルエクラド: in the process of transcribing the text from episode 8, I observed that Mai refers to her costume for comiket (which is clearly that of a sage from DQ3) as having to do with エクラド, and she also refers to Dragon Quest as ドラクエ, using the common style of Japanese portmanteau which involves taking the first two kana from each word. Thanks to that, I managed to belatedly notice that エクラド was ドラクエ spelled backwards, and it thus became fairly obvious that ファイナルエクラド is supposed to be a simultaneous reference to Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest produced by spelling the one forwards and the other backwards (the same basic technique is evident in the box art for the fairly obscure SNES game Live A Live). And conveniently enough, it's completely impossible to translate properly, so rendering the result "Final Eclat" as I did in episode 3 makes just as much sense as any other option.

With that irrelevant mystery out of the way, next we have the extremely short episode 4, along with the less short but more problematic request episode 3. Now as you'll recall from the OP, several of these episodes involve omorashi of the non-wetting variety, and R3 here is among them. It is also, however, the sole brief appearance Kaede, whose diaper-wearing adventures are otherwise confined to the text-and-still-shot portion of the site's content. To skip to her appearance, simply click "skip on" in the upper left corner and select scene 09.

episode 4 translation.txt

episode R3 translation.txt

Thanks for the translation!

This really changes the story in my mind.

With the way he looks, I expected the father to be much stricter :P

By the way, it's quite common in translations from Japanese to just leave suffixes like -san and -chan (which cannot usually be translated naturally) in, and even leave things like "sister", which as you say sound a bit strange in English, untranslated.

Yes, I've been thinking about how to handle that. Most likely, I'll do the same with honorifics when they start to become meaningful (so far I can only think of one or two instances in each episode), but for now it would be more confusing than helpful. The problem with leaving specific words other than honorifics untranslated is that there's no single place to draw that line. Not translating 'senpai' and 'oneesan' is easy enough, because they're both common and will probably be understood by an audience of even casual anime viewers. But then what about kouhai and aniue? They're no easier to translate than the more common words, but only someone who did some research or watches enough subtitles to recognize their usage would understand them. In the end it depends on what kind of translation you're going for: if you want to make the dialogue sound natural in English, you have to lose some of the meaning, and if you need to retain all the meaning, things end up sounding awkward or sometimes almost nonsensical. For this sort of thing, I'll err on the awkward side, especially if it means preserving something relevant to the omorashi content.

Shokun! After much anticipation, I present the bestest installment yet in our trek through the Castlage animation catalogue: episode 6. This episode was probably my favorite of all until this week, when I started to work on transcribing request episode 8, and discovered that request episode 8 is just phenomenal. The situation, the slow and steady progress of Shiori's helpless desperation, and the lovingly detailed description of every little bit of it. I can't think of any work that's appealed to me so much since the very first desperation stories I came across. It's also by far the longest of the episodes in terms of text, despite having almost no animation, so it's sure to take the longest to translate.

Now with that gratuitous testimonial out of the way, several notes about episode 6 here: the name of the school, which I've rendered "Streamwater", is originally "雫", read Shizuku, which apparently means drip, drop or trickle. The male students who get lines here are once again addressed by their given names but identified in their own lines by their surnames. These are Kizakura Ikki and Daishizen Daichi (as seen on the character page). The Principal's lines in the latter portion of the episode contain fairly blatant puns referencing Tomomi's situation, which as you can see I've tried to represent as best as possible in the translation. And finally, I've switched to leaving honorifics in romaji. This episode contains the very familiar -chan and a single instance of -kun, as well as -chi, which can be thought of as just like -chan but even more familiar or diminutive.

episode 6 translation.txt