Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess uploading them is not a bad idea. I do wonder why tyao removed them though.   This is all of the videos on the "Gallery" page (except for the "image" Flash), the versions currently on the s

So, I posted this on some other board the other day and now I think I have never seen it on here, so this may be new to some. The URL is http://castlage.com/   It's a website made by a guy named ty

I seem to have saved several of the older videos from this site, which have since been removed. The .swf files play fine in my browser, so just drag and drop into a new tab if you don't have the file

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The death of Flash has been happening for years. The first real move was made ten years ago!

As long as you don't get rid of Flash Player yourself, the videos will be able to play, just not from your browser.
Just don't open any files you don't trust.

There's also Lightspark (get it?) which is an open source project that aims to support Flash playback.
It is actively being developed. Things don't work very well yet.

The latest version finally supports the older Flash format that Tyao makes his stuff in, but the actual files don't seem to work at all yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 7:33 PM, Cherylicious said:

why is flash being killed? I remember it was an in thing and touted for the future 15 years ago

• It's a non-standard solution (as far as I know, the current file format, though reverse engineered, was never officially published)
  • It only has a single properly working implementation (by Macromedia/Adobe itself) that is closed source, not particularly cross platform (they discontinued the Linux version for several years at some point), quite buggy, and has new security flaws pop up regularly over the years
  • It has very limited or no support for certain accessibility features
  • It has no graceful fallbacks, making it terrible for battery life on mobile devices (this is why Apple didn't support it on their phones)
  • It requires browser plugins (not extensions), support for which has been gradually discontinued over the past decade or so

These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Flash is being replaced by proper web standards and video standards.

• 3 weeks later...

Tyao has been moving around some stuff, and I figured I'd upload some of the Flash videos he's put in his new Flash video 2 category.

It seems he's working on  including all smaller videos on that page as well as his "regular" Flash videos.

Note: I don't think any of these are new, I just haven't posted most (if any) of these.

castlage4052-01.swf castlage4065-01.swf castlage4074-01.swf castlage5109-01.swf castlage5119-01.swf castlage6007-01.swf castlage6017-01.swf castlage7076-01.swf castlage2003-02.swf

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let's say this is the video you're trying to download:

http://castlage.com/01/12serviceshotflash2/12serviceshotflash2-1002.html

You open up your developer tools (inspector tab or whatever it's called in your browser). Then you can see there's an iframe tag in there, which corresponds to the little area on the screen.
In this case, the src is ../../03-02/castlage1002-01.html so that makes the absolute URL of the page in the iframe http://castlage.com/03-02/castlage1002-01.html

Going deeper, we find an object tag with an embed tag in it. In our case, the src in that tag is castlage1002-01.swf
From within the iframe that makes the absolute URL http://castlage.com/03-02/castlage1002-01.swf

Simply open that and save it.

If any of this is unclear, I suggest Googling things.