Last person to post wins

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you!! You too ❤️

I saw this game on another forum a while back, and it was a huge hit. I just suddenly remembered it,and, since I don't see it on here, I decided to start it.   The rules are quite simple: The last

Posted Images

I mean it seems like both the Splatoon 2 DLC and the upcoming Splatoon 3 show that not only did the human race disappear from earth as a whole, but it seems they left for the reaches of space (since mammals are seen as aliens), with the ink- and octolings appearing to be little more than experiments gone wrong. Therefor, we can theorise that the inklings are still largely cephalopods that evolved to live in a previously-human setting. However, this would most likely not include bladders, since they would have no need for it to begin with, since squids don't have it either. What I'm getting at is that they would develop only the bare necessities like arms, legs, a more developed brain, vocal cords, etcetera. On top of that, we see developed jellyfish, who clearly would not have any bladder at all, disproving that the developed animals obtain all human features.

On 8/26/2022 at 11:11 PM, Misteriousmr said:

However, this would most likely not include bladders, since they would have no need for it to begin with, since squids don't have it either.

Squids release some ammonia through their gills. Most metabolic waste is pushed out of circulation near the gills by the two gill hearts. This wastewater is processed by nephridia (invertebrate version of kidneys, but different in detail). The final urine is released into the mantle cavity. "Stabilised" faecal matter ("faecal ropes") is also released into the mantle cavity, and exhaled through the funnel (or siphon, name depends on whether we're talking about cuttlefish, squids or octopodes).

The gills are contained in the mantle cavity. Water goes in and out of the cavity. Inklings and octolings don't seem to have a mantle in their humanoid form, unless it has inverted through the funnel to form the humanoid body or something wacky like that. Actually, that sound pretty reasonable.

I don't know though. I'm just a dumb-dumb kitty who read like ten Wikipedia articles because of this.

As fun as that sounds, no, I don't think so.

The head would be between the mantle and the tentacles. Inklings and octolings have tentacle hair, so the mantle attaches "below" their head, y'know, where the neck is.

Squids and cuttlefish have fins on their mantles in real life. Those would probably be the precursor to inklings' arms and feet

Edited by sleeping_cat01
mantle anatomy incomplete (see edit history)
53 minutes ago, Misteriousmr said:

Good point, I guess inkling kind of 'inverted' when they evolved to where the tentacles are at the top and the "body" is at the bottom. With that in mind, the syphon - the part that ejects waste - is between the eye and the mantle, which would be, drumroll please

The neck! Inkling would have a little opening in their neck from which they pee!

Splatoon omo will never be the same XD