Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Mars Life: Humanity Explored -- An Interactive Story

Put both of yours into one action-packed-post :P

==========================================================

post-2278-0-71136600-1375954275_thumb.pn

In your daze you look up to see one of the people standing right above you. With this you can feel your heart beat heavily in your chest, in the process pumping a vast amount of adrenaline into your body. 

post-2278-0-10143500-1375954277_thumb.pn

You wanted to escape, and because of this your body started to move on its own, your left leg throwing itself into the air to kick the person in front of you, missing their body, but managing to hit the weapon which knocked it out of their hand. 

post-2278-0-33687400-1375954278_thumb.pn

In the fumble, you quickly kicked out your other leg, hitting them directly in the lower abdomen which caused them to stumble back and fall

post-2278-0-05676400-1375954279_thumb.pn

With the person down, you quickly roll over and grab their weapon, turning around to catch another one of the people just about to turn the corner.

post-2278-0-86126600-1375954279_thumb.pn

As you finish your turn, you quickly point the weapon at him and try to activate it, except rather than the weapon firing, you suddenly feel a strong burning sensation in your right hand which caused your hand to let go of it in pain, this causing the other person to emit a loud audible chuckle. 

post-2278-0-36989900-1375954280_thumb.pn

Since you couldn't fire the weapon, you decided on the next best course of action which was to throw the weapon at the person as hard as you could. You were throwing offhand, but you figured that anything was better than waiting. You didn't care if it even hit the guy, you just needed a distraction for your next move which was to run. You threw the weapon, then immediately began running

post-2278-0-86937200-1375954280_thumb.pn

Since the main entrance was blocked, you went into a sprint towards the staircase, trying not to slip at the speed you were moving. As you made it to the entrance of the stairs, you started to feel another immense burning sensation on your left hand, although you never bothered to check up on it as your turned the corner and started to run up the stairs, hopping for an exit of some sort once you got to the top.

post-2278-0-43817700-1375954281_thumb.pn

When you made it to the top of the stairs, you encountered a relatively empty room with a large, closed, glass window at the other end. Looking around you noticed no other side rooms that you could escape to. Within a moment you began to hear several people making their way up the stairs, this causing you to turn and face the stairs, slowly backing up in the process

"No..." you spoke aloud quietly

post-2278-0-99798000-1375954281_thumb.pn

As the people became visible, your heart sank further than it already was. You were trapped and they knew it. Taking another couple of steps back in the process.

post-2278-0-70691600-1375954282_thumb.pn

With your legs beginning to tremble, you threw your arms out in order to steady yourself.

>> Stand there <<

>> Put your arms above your head <<

>> Try and beg for forgiveness <<

>> Close your eyes <<

>> Scream <<

>> Other <<

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to Mars Life: Humanity Explored, my first of what I hope to be several interactive stories here on Omorashi.org. In this story, every decision matters -and not in the typical sense either. Eve

If you really want this illustrated, maybe you should ask for help, but it's up to you. And turn around to head back.

Riiiiinaaaaaaaaaaatroooooooooooo? Something happened? Did you fall asleep on the keyboard again?

Posted Images

With the people right in front of you, you quickly ran through a variety of solutions, each second passing bringing the enemy closer to you. You were running out of options, and to make matters worse you still felt weak and disoriented from the previous hit. With all of this in mind, you had to stop thinking and react. Pulling up your arms, you began to charge up your adept powers to attack.

post-2278-0-63433300-1376643042_thumb.pn

Immediately once you moved your arms to point at the people, you could feel your powers extremely close to finishing their charge. It would only be a moment before you were ready to attack, hopefully disorienting them enough to allow you to escape. Unfortunately though, when you moved your arms to aim, the person infront caught notice and raised their weapon.

post-2278-0-51877200-1376643052_thumb.pn

Before you had time to react, they fired the weapon at you. This sending a long beam of light at your stomach that knocked you off balance and sent you flying backwards.

post-2278-0-32818100-1376643053_thumb.pn

In your flight, you were knocked into the window, shattering the glass and sending you hurling downwards towards the streets below.

post-2278-0-47530100-1376643054_thumb.pn

You were in shock, You were in pain, then before you knew it you were staring at the stars, watching as they got further and further away.

post-2278-0-68992900-1376643055_thumb.pn

As you continued to spin backwards, you could see the large wall behind you. Being the most scared you have ever been in your life, you instinctively close your eyes.

post-2278-0-77809400-1376643070_thumb.pn

WHAM

post-2278-0-74483300-1376643061_thumb.pn

post-2278-0-27910700-1376643063_thumb.pn

You hit the floor. "OOooww" You whine in the process as pain soured through your head. Picking yourself up, you turn to look at your alarm clock and find that it is 8:00, 15 minutes earlier than when your alarm should have woken you. Groaning at the prospect of being up earlier than needed and not feeling tired anymore, you switch off your alarm and turn on the lights in the room. Immediately heading over to your closet to pick out todays clothes.

post-2278-0-52282200-1376643064_thumb.pn

Looking at your half empty closet you realize that you should probably do laundry later. Shrugging it off for now, you pick out one of your favorite shirts and throw on a pair of shorts.

post-2278-0-89865600-1376643065_thumb.pn

When you finished dressing, you yawned.

>> Go to the Bathroom <<

>> Go Downstairs for Breakfast <<

>> Other <<

** All Options Require Stat Points to be Spent

==========================================================================================

So we have reached Chapter One. Now that we are here, it is time to detail some of the new mechanics. The first thing you see on the left is A.P. AP stands for Adept Powers. As you use your powers, the meter will drain. The lower it gets, the more exhausted or disoriented you will feel and the longer it will take to cast powers. To Recharge your A.P, you simply just have to rest (either by sitting, laying down or sleeping), use a power recharging station or drink a special Adept Mix.

Next to that we have HP and Stamina, pretty straight forward. If HP goes down to Zero, it's game over. Stamina will go down as you perform physically intensive tasks. If Stamina gets too low, you will be prone to tripping and/or falling.

Lastly we have everyones favorite Bladder Meter. This meter will keep details on our characters current 'distress'. If it gets too high, Emma may be prone to decreased AP, decreased Stamina and longer times to use an Adept Ability (in addition to possible leakage and, if long enough, mass desperation followed by embarrassment (or death...)).

If anyone needs any explanation as to what each ability is, how its used or, really anything, feel free to ask and I'll help ASAP. :)

..and as a side note, I'm amazed with how much better my drawings have gotten since the first couple of images :P

Anyhow, hope everyone is enjoying so far. There is alot more to come. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Riiiiinaaaaaaaaaaatroooooooooooo? Something happened? Did you fall asleep on the keyboard again?

I wish :P

Been moving back into the big city for school. Almost done all I need to be done with. I should be able to just sit down and draw soon enough. Good thing though is that once I'm finished my schedule is basically clear to do updates every day :)

Edited by Rinatro (see edit history)
And after a couple weeks of going from working to camping to moving to completing several appointments. I am finally ready to continue the story. Sorry for keeping everyone waiting. Luckily though I'm pretty much free of any and all obstructions (other than school stuff) for the next 8 months. I think I'm going to try and strive for a post within a day of a decision being made. So without futher ado, lets continue the series back up :)

================================================================================

As you yawned you took the time to stretch, before making your way over to your dresser to put the final touches on yourself, mainly brush your hair, but also to take a vitamin which you remember reading somewhere was suppose to help Adepts improve their powers. You had only begun to take the vitamins a couple days earlier, so you had no idea if they even worked, but even if not you assumed a plecebo effect would probably take place.

When you finished up in your room you left, heading down the hallway towards the stairs. Passing the bathroom and approaching your parents room when you decided to see if they were home. Your parents were Scientists at a major laboratory owned by the SOL Government which was stationed on Mars.

Sadly though, because of their career they were almost never home, often having to leave early into the day and as of recently not even coming home until you were already asleep. Wondering if they were home, you peeked into the room, though all you could find was empty beds. You sighed before continuing down the hall to the stairs.

post-2278-0-08474800-1378888854_thumb.pn

Reaching the bottom, you turned and went into the kitchen, looking to make yourself something to eat. It was still reletively early and you didn't have to leave for another twenty minutes so you had time to cook something on the stove if you wanted. Alternatively you could just grab a bowl of cereal and top it off with a bowl of fruit. With your parents not home, it was all your decision.

post-2278-0-06262700-1378888865_thumb.pn

>> Use the Stove (Pancakes, Bacon and Eggs)<<
>> Bowl of Cereal and fruit <<
>> Other <<

** Skill Points Remaining

==================================================================================
So now that we're starting to see bits of the Non-Adept-Induced-Sightseeing, I thought I might just say some that people may or may not have begun to notice. The game is essentially going to run on a two genre system.

During Adept-Futureseeing, I'm going to try my best to word the sequences to make it appear as a mystery. Its basically your job to try and piece together what happened/is going to happen so that it may have a chance of aiding you in the future.

When its not Adept-Futureseeing time though, I'm mainly going to have the story go about the daily life of Emma. Its during this period where you can form relationships with your peers, interact on a personal level, have our omorashi stuff happen, level up Emma and explore the greater universe. 

Anyhow with that over, I just want to apologize for the lengthy delays again. Do know that I'm not giving up on the story, I just need to get better with letting people following the story know what's going on if I hit delays. As always feel free to give feedback as the story is going along, speculate and of course make your decisions :)

Btw this story is amazing so far!

Thank you :D

let's take some time to make food and make some pancakes with bacon:bacon pancake

And the video inspired me to do some crazy recipe here :P

=================================================================================================================

post-2278-0-97421800-1379160570_thumb.pn

Since you had alot of time before you had to leave, you decided to make some bacon pancakes. Following this you slid open the fridge and cupboards and began to gather your supplies

post-2278-0-61078800-1379160572_thumb.pn

Making haste to gather your supplies, you quickly place them on the counter behind you. When everything was gathered, you took a second to wash your hands and begin your cooking. The first thing you do is mix together the batter for the pancakes using a premade mix. When the batter was made, you took a few slices of bacon and placed them down on your cooking board.

post-2278-0-20160400-1379160574_thumb.pn
With the bacon out and the batter made, you began to pour the semi-thick batter onto the bacon, making sure to coat them to your liking. When all the bacon slices were coated you placed them into the pan and onto the stove.

post-2278-0-04472300-1379160576_thumb.pn
post-2278-0-53291400-1379160577_thumb.pn

While watching the stove, flipping the Bacon Pancakes as nessesary, you quickly grabbed a glass from the cupboard, filling it with water before placing it on the counter. With the water filled, you opened up your favorite powdered fruit drink mix and began placing a few spoonfulls into the cup.

post-2278-0-20592700-1379160579_thumb.pn

Going back to watching the stove for a couple more seconds, you finished up and placed everything onto a plate and set it on the counter. It wasn't often you actually decided to eat seated unless your parents were home, and from your position you had a clear shot at the New Avalon Orbital Elevator, this allowing you to watch the constant stream of cars going up and down the tether while you finished your meal.

post-2278-0-54668900-1379160580_thumb.pn

As you finished your meal, you finished up your fruit drink, making sure to place your dishes in the dish washer to be taken care of while you were at school. With the dishes taken care of, you walked to the door and put on your shoes, only to remember that you forgot your School equipment in your room.

Not wanting to waste time, you quickly run up the stairs to your room where you walk up to your dresser and pick up a watch like device, placing it on your right wrist where it automatically activated. As it activated it brought up a holographic display which displayed the time followed by your schedule. Seeing that you still had plenty of time left, you walk back downstairs and then to the front door.

post-2278-0-83329300-1379160581_thumb.pn
post-2278-0-94771900-1379160583_thumb.pn

While you did this, you had a nagging feeling at the back of your mind that you were forgetting something.

>> Go to the Bathroom <<
>> Leave <<
--->> Take the Elevator Down to the street <<
--->> Take the Stairs Down to the street <<
--->> Investigate Civilian Housing Center <<
>> Other <<
post-2278-0-15158700-1379668030_thumb.pn

Deep in thought as to what it was that you were missing, your mind went over plenty of possibilities. "Hmm" You thought. "I got dressed. I put on my Holo-Gear. I checked on my parents and even made myself something to eat... what is it I'm missing." You thought again, each time drawing a blank.

post-2278-0-97702400-1379668031_thumb.pn

During your thinking though, you were suddenly surprised by a loud beeping sound which was eminating from your Holo-Gear. The beeping catching you by surprise as you jumped back a little before deciding to bring your arm our infront of you. You recognized from the type of beeping that someone was requesting a video call.

post-2278-0-38767700-1379668033_thumb.pn

Picking up the video call, you instantly recognized your best friend Lucy on the other side.

"Lucy!" You replied outloud. "I haven't seen you in awhile!"

"I know right!" Lucy replied chuckling "I can't believe you haven't called me lately" this making you slightly blush

"I.. I was busy over the past few days!"

"Right, Right" Lucy teased you before switching the conversation. "I was just passing your housing compex and I was wondering if you wanted to walk to school together?"

You chuckled. "Well, seeing that I can see the lobby behind you, I dont have much of a choice"

"Nope." Lucy quickly replied back.

"I'll be down in a moment then" You smiled.

"I'll be waiting". Lucy finished before closing the chat, this instantly shutting off your holographic projector.

"I guess I should be fine" You quickly thought to yourself before putting on your shoes and rushing out the door.

post-2278-0-29802100-1379668035_thumb.pn

post-2278-0-29136800-1379668037_thumb.pn

Running out the door, you your way down the hallway towards the stairs and elevator. As you approached the elevator though you quickly began to whine outloud. "In a world where everything is controlled by technology, you think they would solve the need of constant maintenance" You complained before sighing. "Well, its only going down."

post-2278-0-57487300-1379668039_thumb.pn

post-2278-0-59280300-1379668042_thumb.pn

Making it to the bottom of the stairs, you were panting slightly from running down the stairs.

post-2278-0-58155400-1379668045_thumb.pn

As you turned off the staircase and towards the general lobby you could see Lucy sitting on a bench at the far end playing on her Holo-Gear. From what it looked like she hadn't noticed you were here yet.

>> Walk/Run up and say "" <<

>> Surprise Lucy <<

>> Try and Scare Lucy <<

>> Other <<

By the way, what did that big number 43 mean?

Emma lives on the 43rd Floor of the Housing Complex ^-^

=========================================================================================================

As you saw Lucy playing on her Holo-Gear you started to feel michevious. Knowing that Lucy was the type to easily get distracted in what she was doing, you felt that you needed to scare her and knowing that she had a phobia of spiders you decided that there was no better way of doing it.

post-2278-0-77592300-1379806049_thumb.pn

Wanting your plan to go off without a problem you quickly but quietly make your way to the far wall where she couldnt see you. When set your brought up your Holo-Gear and quickly pulled up a model of a spider.

post-2278-0-18092300-1379806051_thumb.pn

Summuning the spider model with your Holo-Gear, you directed it to walk towards Lucy, moving it up to her leg before with your other hand you quickly tapped out a text message to Lucy to get her attention.

"Where Are You" You type before sending it. A chime going off on Lucys Holo-Gear immediately

post-2278-0-80425000-1379806052_thumb.pn

Following Lucy recieving the message, she shut down her Holo-Gear and began to look around for you before her eyes met the spiders directly.

post-2278-0-62738600-1379806107_thumb.pn

"AHHH" You hear Lucy scream before quickly jumping off the seat, closing her eyes in the process while throwing her arms up in fear. "S.ss..sspider" Lucy stuttered out, pausing to take a deep breath.

post-2278-0-12455200-1379806054_thumb.pn

"G.g.go away" You then heard Lucy reply in a terrified tone, her eyes still closed with her legs shaking. Little tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

With all of this happening you started to feel really bad for doing it. You knew that Lucy was deathly afraid of spiders and yet you still went ahead and did it. And now Lucy was about to cry.

Give Lucy a big hug! ^_^

Feeling bad for Lucy, you decided to run in and try and make her feel better. "Luuuccy!" You cried out running up to her.

post-2278-0-57042100-1379806055_thumb.pn

"I'm sorry" You manage out as you pull Lucy into a big hug. "I didn't mean for you to end up like this."

"Th..thats mean Emma... wh..why would you" Lucy stuttered out again, inhaling sharply as if she was holding back tears.

"I'm soo sorry." You respond again, holding onto the hug until you could hear Lucy starting to calm down, at which point you let go and pulled away.

>> Say/Ask "" <<

>> Start walking to school <<

>> Other <<

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

well we can't let this storie just stop. start walking to school

Mental Agony hits Rinatro for 50% HP... Its super effective.

Rinatro uses Raise Dead in retaliation... It deals KO to Mental Agony

....yeah, I'm terrible :P

I think I'm going to try merging in a more detailed text element this time instead of my usual one sentence with an image that I was doing earlier.

post-2278-0-62451900-1390630560_thumb.pn

Pulling away from Lucy, you take one moment to look her in the eyes. In the process you could easily see that she was extremely distraught from the situation. You could see Lucy still sniffling from the event and Emma felt really bad because of it.

"Lucy, I'm sorry. I just wanted to have some fun" you echoed again as you finally pulled away.

"Thats Mean." Lucy merely responded back with a slightly pouty face as she took her sleeve and wiped the tears away.

"Lets get going Emma" she responded by tapping on your shoulder before continuing past you to the door.

post-2278-0-27510800-1390630562_thumb.pn

post-2278-0-27503600-1390630564_thumb.pn

After some moments of silence while walking down the street, you decide that you needed to get Lucy to talk to you.

"I can't believe how long its been since we've walked to school like this." You state aloud as Lucy looks at you confused. "...Because of the break. Its only been a few weeks." "I know!" you respond back immediately "It just, felt longer is all." Suddenly being put into the defencive by Lucy, you were at a loss for a way to continue the conversation.

Until Lucy continued it. "Speaking of the break. Anything exciting happen?"

post-2278-0-95160600-1390630565_thumb.pn

"Nothing much exactly" You responded quickly after catching your chance. "My parents were given a 'special task'" you replied waving your hands around sarcastically. "As such I was pretty much home alone for the entire break. I went to the beach by myself here and there, but it was pretty boring." pausing for a moment.

"That sucks to hear Emma." Lucy responded out of empathy "Its fine. I'm used to it by now... So what did you do over the break?"

Lucy took a moment to respond, likely because she was worried about sounding spoiled, but eventually she spoke up. "The family took everyone on a vacation to Earth. We went to see New York, The Great Pyramids and some random historical sites. It was pretty fun and I got a bunch of souvenirs."

"That sounds awesome!" You reply excitedly for Lucy "You get me anything?" "...Maybe" she smiled back.

post-2278-0-77560900-1390630567_thumb.pn

>> Take in the Scenery

>> Continue the conversation (Optional: What should they talk about?)

>> Learn more about Lucy

>> "Are you still mad at me?"

>> Other

post-2278-0-62438800-1390632853_thumb.pn

>>If not selected after this turn, skill points will be auto-spent

• 6 months later...

I really wanted to continue the story, so I decided I would shake things up a bit. Instead of waiting for responses, I'm going to set myself a hard limit of 1 week between posts before I auto-choose. Also I decided that I would speed things up and jump a couple posts ahead into the Omorashi aspects of it to get off of the extremely slow start I had going on.

I also decided that I'm likely going to be alternating between text-only posts and posts with images in them to shake things up a bit, this way I can focus on the story when need be and make the images that will show up that much more special.

Anyhow, enjoy the next part :)

post-2278-0-31418900-1408834841_thumb.pn

Hearing the maybe, Emma smiled in response as the two of them continued walking down the street towards their school. It was 8:46 by now and with classes starting by 9:15 the two of them knew they had plenty of time to make it. Taking a moment to quickly look in the scenery you noticed that all the shops were opened with it being extremely busy for the morning hours.

In the distance, kilometers ahead, the Orbital Elevator stood high in the sky with no signs of stopping. If one had no idea of the structure, they would have thought that it went all the way to the heavens. While looking at the elevator Emma suddenly remembered her dream she had awoken from so violently. In her dream the elevator was destroyed at the center with severe amounts of smoke filling the skies. "Why was the elevator like that" Emma thought to herself before being brought back to reality by a tap on her shoulder.

"Mars to Emma, come in Emma" she heard from beside her as Lucy looked towards her in a worrying fashion. "You've been standing still for almost a minute now looking at the Elevator, what's going on?" Emma was caught by surprise, "Eh.." she replied instinctively before quickly blushing and coming up with an answer "Ah, sorry. It was nothing. Was just deep in thought is all". Hearing this, Lucy still looked concerned, but decided not to pursue it any further "Alright.." she replied before Emma immediately began trying to change the topic.

Ten minutes passed since then with it finally becoming 8:55 before they saw the school up in the near distance. The school was a large building with curved walls on one side and an elevation on the other. Running along the back of the school was a portion of the New Avalon beach walled off for Adept use in training. Soon after, at exactly 9:00 the duo arrived at the school just in time for the early warning bell used to notify students of classes beginning soon to start ringing.

Just as Emma walked through the front door of the school at 9:05 she felt a small twinge in her abdomen from her bladder letting her know she should visit the restroom. Although between her locker and classroom were plenty of restrooms, with her locker and classroom were on opposite sides of the school Emma wasn't sure if she could fit in an extra trip, especially considering she needed to go to her locker to pick up her things for class.  So as she was going to her locker she decided she would …

• Go to the restroom after getting her things

• Skip the restroom and go straight to class

• Other