Peeing for Art or Protest

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I ran across this recently. I would have love to have been at this art show last December.   "Art Piss on Money & Politics"   Does anyone else have clips or pics of people peeing for art o

Some art pics...                    

I found this:  

Posted Images

Found this thumbing through youtube. Song is a little cheesy but some good shots mostly pre or post pee, but a few "action" hots as well. Does contain nudity.

Shortly thereafter, found this one. A political protest peeing. Starts at 3:30 

Edited by jenmai (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Grabbed it.

(Not sure what it's about)

attachicon.gifAcción por el día internacional de las mujeres - Concepción.mp4

I can try my best to make a rough translation, though it uses a lot of Chilean slang I don't know and my Spanish is mediocre. I might make some translation mistakes here.

It's a radical feminist demonstration on International Women's Day in Chile. I would loosely translate the introductory text as something like: "On March 8, we do not want flowers or congratulations. We don't have anything to celebrate. We want to re-consecrate this day as as a day of feminist struggle." The spray paint uses Chilean slang that I don't really understand, but it might say something along the lines of, "SERNAM: (Female) Brats of the Patriarchy". SERNAM is apparently the National Women's Service in Chile, a government agency, but I'm not really sure what this phrase means because I don't understand the slang. It is followed by the text: "It is a day of action and declaration against all the violence that we suffer in our everyday lives. Shouting and acting: against the sexual abuse and violence toward children, against the abuses that we suffer (?) at the hands of the terrorist and fascist state in indigenous territory, against the men who contribute to the pain of our lives and who kill us every day or attack us in the streets, against the sexism and lesbophobia, against those who prohibit safe abortion" It then goes on to identify the protestors as "Autonomous Lesbians and Feminists of Concepción, March 8, 2014".

Hopefully this helps!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Introducing myself to the audience

From her website:

During the show I’m going to pee in my pants.  This part can be understood as an accident because of my nervousness.  I hope through this to create a difficult moment with the audience.  Doubts on what is staged and what not.  Doubts on how to react on what is happening and uncertainty what the intentions of this performance is