Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Online Dating Discussion Thread

Alright here we go, hopefully this doesn't get out of hand.  I'm starting this because of the current discussion going on in a member's status and I'm interested in this topic as well do to some personal experiences.

Anyway, what are your guys' opinions on online dating? Yes/No?, Pros/Cons, ect..

Edit: link to the status https://omorashi.org/statuses/user/8864-koopatroopa/?status_id=10607

Edited by Cottontailz (see edit history)

Basically my idea:

People have their own opinions about online dating, and online dating sites in general.  Personally, I feel like online dating sites is a "last resort" type thing.  I really don't want to have to use one....the idea of it being all set up for me makes it seem like 3rd parties are holding my hand too much in the process.  And my first relationship involved a 3rd person holding my hand in the process....it didn't work out....(although, that was my fault through other circumstances, but I really felt stupid for having the 3rd person help me)

That being said, I really don't have a problem with online dating....There's merely the risk that the online persona is not who he/she says who he/she is. Depending on circumstances, both parties have to be aware of their true distance from each other and have to be willing to work around it (because hopefully they'd want to meet in person eventually....).

The largest factor in this is who you really end up developing feelings for.  In reality, most people can't help who they end up having feelings for, and if it ends up being a person online....then you have to decide if you can deal with it being online, and for some, it's likely not possible.

I have tried online dating and I didn't have a great experience with it. I personally feel that the internet is no way to really get to know a person.

I can't say it's useless either because it's worked for people I know.

It is, however, about $300 I'll never see again. :(

Really, the only thing you don't learn about them is their physical appearance and their attitudes in certain situations.

I've had 3-5 hour-long conversations with people completely online, multiple times, and I can learn so much more about them than I did before.

In short, I feel the internet can be a way to get to know someone.

I'm honestly not fond of the whole online dating idea.  In fact I've always been rather against it.  Though I have formed several close online relationships with friends and such I've met through gaming, many of whom I still talk to quite frequently even after several years.  I have nothing against meeting people and making friends online, I think it's great. 

Buuut..when it comes to online relationships they just don't seem to work out.  Sure, I've heard those few stories where people have met up and it's been great, but the majority of the time it doesn't end well.  And don't even get me started on the topic of online dating sites.  If you go there, good luck.  I don't think online dating should be substituted for dating in real live and learning to form relationships and communicate with people you meet.  Besides if you do end up dating online and meeting up with that person, you're gonna need to have the skills to continue that relationship IRL.

I've dated in real life before aand I'm also currently in a fairly new online relationship. (yup come bash on me)  I'm not even really sure how I feel about dating online, and he knows that but I've decided to just give it a shot and enjoy it while it lasts.  I wasn't looking for an online relationship, more avoiding if anything but mehh I have known him for awhile and as we got closer over time I just sorta developed feelings. :x  Will it work out? Probably not, it's an online relationship. Do I like him? Yes, so I'm willing to give it a shot.

I guess I'm not really optimistic about the whole online dating phenomenon, but not entirely against it.

Wishywashy~

In terms of dating sites, I'm not really for them, but that's mostly my perspective on dating. I don't really feel like you should go out looking for a relationship; it's better just to get to know someone and see if you might have a relationship develop. I think this is far more likely to lead to a lasting relationship, over one that is based more on physical attraction/lust. This is just mostly my opinion, so I also tend to believe that dating sites follow that argument, and won't necessarily lead to a fruitful relationship. As much as I believe in math and numbers, no set of algorithms is going to adequately predict who could be a match for you. 

On the idea that a relationship can form from an online friendship: I don't really see a problem with this. If you start to develop feelings for each other after talking for a while, why not go for it? You might get something you really like out of it, but you shouldn't be going into this with the idea that you can get a relationship out of it, because there is no was that something like that is going to last, or be anything meaningful.

In the past I've pretty much been adamantly against the idea of an online relationship, but after getting into one recently (yeah I hope you can add 2 and 2 by this point) I've warmed up more to the idea. I'm still pretty hesitant, but only time will tell. 

So the bottom line (in my opinion):

• Don't use dating sites; you still need to interact in person to have anything meaningful.
  • It's better to stumble into a relationship than set out looking to be in one. (This applies in general)
  • Just because you are in a relationship online, don't discount the idea that it will all work out all princess like. Assume that it might not work, but try and make it work as much as you can (within reason). If it works out, you're golden. If not, you're not going to be crushed.

EDIT: Clarity

Edited by Gylfi (see edit history)

I have tried online dating and I didn't have a great experience with it. I personally feel that the internet is no way to really get to know a person romantically.

I can't say it's useless either because it's worked for people I know.

It is, however, about $300 I'll never see again. :(

You should've tried OKCupid, it's a free dating site and I find it works better then pay sites like Match.com

Anyways I personally don't see online dating as a last resort, I want to clarify that online isn't ONLY talking to someone online, you do meet them in person eventually obviously, and I think it's a great way to get to know someone, it's a lot less akward for me then trying to ask someone out in person who i've never met before. People can just as easily lie to your face about who they are as a person, so I don't really see much of an advantage over meeting someone through a dating site.

Really, the only thing you don't learn about them is their physical appearance and their attitudes in certain situations.

I've had 3-5 hour-long conversations with people completely online, multiple times, and I can learn so much more about them than I did before.

In short, I feel the internet can be a way to get to know someone.

Agreed, I learn a lot about people just by asking general questions online. Edited by vexer6 (see edit history)

Firstly Im surprised one little comment about okcupid turned into a topic for debate but what evs.

I feel like at there best dating sites can expand upon your available options when it comes to finding someone who's right for you.  Also you get to meet people you would of never otherwise run into in your day to day life. Furthermore you can play the numbers game and talk to many more people at one time than you would've otherwise. You can also find out a bit about someone before you inquire about them but I feel like that has its own pro's and con's 

At their worst I feel like dating sites keep people from going out into the real world to find matches they wouldn't have otherwise found online.  In that sense I think it could almost become sort of a crutch.  Your safe and secure at home messaging away but when you meet in person suddenly you don't have that luxury of taking your time with each thing you say. Of course that depends on the individuals capabilities. 

Really when it comes right down to it, I think dating sites should mostly be used when someone is already comfortable talking to people in person, otherwise the transition from online to reality will end whatever would be relationship they would have.

Edited by koopatroopa (see edit history)

I'm honestly not fond of the whole online dating idea.  In fact I've always been rather against it.  Though I have formed several close online relationships with friends and such I've met through gaming, many of whom I still talk to quite frequently even after several years.  I have nothing against meeting people and making friends online, I think it's great. 

Buuut..when it comes to online relationships they just don't seem to work out.  Sure, I've heard those few stories where people have met up and it's been great, but the majority of the time it doesn't end well.  And don't even get me started on the topic of online dating sites.  If you go there, good luck.  I don't think online dating should be substituted for dating in real live and learning to form relationships and communicate with people you meet.  Besides if you do end up dating online and meeting up with that person, you're gonna need to have the skills to continue that relationship IRL.

I've dated in real life before aand I'm also currently in a fairly new online relationship. (yup come bash on me)  I'm not even really sure how I feel about dating online, and he knows that but I've decided to just give it a shot and enjoy it while it lasts.  I wasn't looking for an online relationship, more avoiding if anything but mehh I have known him for awhile and as we got closer over time I just sorta developed feelings. :x  Will it work out? Probably not, it's an online relationship. Do I like him? Yes, so I'm willing to give it a shot.

I guess I'm not really optimistic about the whole online dating phenomenon, but not entirely against it.

Wishywashy~

How do you for a fact that it dosen't end well a majority of the time? Can you provide some actual stats to back up that claim?

Most people who meet someone online DO have the skills to date, they just find it easier to get a feel for what the person is like before actually going out with them, that way when you meet them in person for the first time, it's not the least bit akward. It's not a "substitute", you know what I really don't get? Speed dating, 2 minutes is nowhere near enough time to tell if you want to go out with someone.

Reminder that my opinions on the topic are in the status update. Too lazy to sum it up and post it here.

I want to clarify that online isn't ONLY talking to someone online, you do meet them in person eventually obviously

It's not online dating anymore if that happens.

Also you get to meet people you would of never otherwise run into in your day to day life

This is a bad thing. Why would you ever date someone you can't meet?

Firstly Im surprised one little comment about okcupid turned into a topic for debate but what evs.

I feel like at there best dating sites can expand upon your available options when it comes to finding someone who's right for you.  Also you get to meet people you would of never otherwise run into in your day to day life. Furthermore you can play the numbers game and talk to many more people at one time than you would've otherwise. You can also find out a bit about someone before you inquire about them but I feel like that has its own pro's and con's 

At their worst I feel like dating sites keep people from going out into the real world to find matches they wouldn't have otherwise found online.  In that sense I think it could almost become sort of a crutch.  Your safe and secure at home messaging away but when you meet in person suddenly you don't have that luxury of taking your time with each thing you say. Of course that depends on the individuals capabilities. 

Really when it comes right down to it, I think dating sites should mostly be used when someone is already comfortable talking to people in person, otherwise the transition from online to reality will end whatever would be relationship they would have.

The problem is not everyone has the opportunity to go into the "real world" to look for people to date, my college isn't really a great place as almost everyone in my class is married or has kids, and i'm definitely not the type of person for meeting people in clubs, bars and the like, and I would never consider going on a blind date, that would be WAAAAAYYYYY too akward for me. I guess my main issue is that i'm anxious about being perceived as a creep if I try to ask out a complete stranger, I find that people can very easily misread what you say and because of my Aspberger's I sometimes act weird without realizing it, So for me I talk to someone online, get a feel for who they are, ask for their phone number and chat with them and then ask to meet in person. It's been working well for me so far. That's not to say i'll never ask someone out in person, maybe I will sometime in the future, but for right now I say, if I ain't broke, don't fix it.

Reminder that my opinions on the topic are in the status update. Too lazy to sum it up and post it here.

Because perhaps they live in the next town over, or whatever sort of other circumstance that would of prevented the two of you from being in the same place at the same time :3

Edited by koopatroopa (see edit history)

I'm aware of that, what i'm saying is that I prefer to talk to someone online BEFORE I meet them in person, that way the first meeting is much less akward then it could've been otherwise. I would never date someone I could never meet. The first person I met online happened to live in the same town I do, but if I hadn't been using OKCupid, chances are I probably would've never met her otherwise. Edited by vexer6 (see edit history)

The problem is not everyone has the opportunity to go into the "real world" to look for people to date, my college isn't really a great place as almost everyone in my class is married or has kids, and i'm definitely not the type of person for meeting people in clubs, bars and the like, and I would never consider going on a blind date, that would be WAAAAAYYYYY too akward for me. I guess my main issue is that i'm anxious about being perceived as a creep if I try to ask out a complete stranger, I find that people can very easily misread what you say and because of my Aspberger's I sometimes act weird without realizing it, So for me I talk to someone online, get a feel for who they are, ask for their phone number and chat with them and then ask to meet in person. It's been working well for me so far. That's not to say i'll never ask someone out in person, maybe I will sometime in the future, but for right now I say, if I ain't broke, don't fix it.

I think yours would be a special circumstance in which many others would probably encourage online dating.  Don't get me wrong Im sure theres a hundred and one special cases  in which online dating would be a better option than trying to go out into the real world.  I was mostly referring to people without the same set of limitations. 

In terms of dating sites, I'm not really for them, but that's mostly my perspective on dating. I don't really feel like you should go out looking for a relationship; it's better just to get to know someone and see if you might have a relationship develop. I think this is far more likely to lead to a lasting relationship, over one that is based more on physical attraction/lust. This is just mostly my opinion, so I also tend to believe that dating sites follow that argument, and won't necessarily lead to a fruitful relationship. As much as I believe in math and numbers, no set of algorithms is going to adequately predict who could be a match for you. 

On the idea that a relationship can form from an online friendship: I don't really see a problem with this. If you start to develop feelings for each other after talking for a while, why not go for it? You might get something you really like out of it, but you shouldn't be going into this with the idea that you can get a relationship out of it, because there is no was that something like that is going to last, or be anything meaningful.

In the past I've pretty much been adamantly against the idea of an online relationship, but after getting into one recently (yeah I hope you can add 2 and 2 by this point) I've warmed up more to the idea. I'm still pretty hesitant, but only time will tell. 

So the bottom line (in my opinion):

• Don't use dating sites; you still need to interact in person to have anything meaningful.
  • It's better to stumble into a relationship than set out looking to be in one. (This applies in general)
  • Just because you are in a relationship online, don't discount the idea that it will all work out all princess like. Assume that it might not work, but try and make it work as much as you can (within reason). If it works out, you're golden. If not, you're not going to be crushed.
EDIT: Clarity
Or better yet, DO use dating sites just make sure to agree to meet in person sometime. I didn't set out looking for a relationship, I just thought it would be neat to have someone to chat with, and when I invited the first person I met online over to my house, it was more of a friendship outing then an actual date. From my experiences, people who ask others out in person have much higher expectations for a relationship then those who meet people in person after talking with them online.

I think yours would be a special circumstance in which many others would probably encourage online dating.  Don't get me wrong Im sure theres a hundred and one special cases  in which online dating would be a better option than trying to go out into the real world.  I was mostly referring to people without the same set of limitations. 

I know, that's mostly due to me living in a rural area. If I was living in the city, maybe i'd be going out to meet people more, who knows?

The main reason I don't like online dating is because in many cases (and it's seemingly increasing) it's being used as a substitute instead of an alternative. Meaning, people think dating in real life is either hard, awkward, out of reach, or all of the above so instead of trying, they simply resort to online dating. All this digital form of communication is starting to replace actual confrontation. Sure, the internet is a GREAT thing to have. Hell, without it, I wouldn't be typing this right now. But I hate to see people revolve their lives around it. It crushes me. I'm not saying anyone here does, because I simply don't know, but when I speak about this I'm talking about the situation in general.

I understand why shy/socially awkward people use the internet for chatting, friends, and dating. I've been there before, namely in highschool. But if anyone is expecting it to be a solution to their human-interaction shortcomings (or whatever you wish to call it), then they will be disappointed. Yes, it's easier to hold a conversation online. Yes, it's less risky to express yourself. Yes, you have a large variety of people to meet. But, if we're talking about dating here, then you should be planning to meet these people in real life. When/if you DO meet said person, you will then need to confront your social awkwardness. All online dating is delay the eventual confrontation. If you can't comfortably talk with someone in person, should you be dating him/her?

I realize there's the whole "I got to know them online, therefore it won't be awkward when me meet" rebuttal, but that's just as assumption. Yeah, there is a chance that you two could pick up right where you left off and everything is dandy. But who's to say you won't get "cold feet" or your social anxiety gets the best of you and you become really nervous? What if the other person is nervous, thus making the whole meetup awkward? I always hear about this happening.

Like I said before in the status, my whole point is that we're relying too much on texting,IMing, and voice chatting (though not so much that anymore) for interacting with each other. More and more people consider themselves socially awkward in face-to-face situations because of all this digital communication. I'm not here to judge, heck I'm a victim of it myself. But I just don't think using the internet to meet people should ever replace stumbling across someone in real life. Of course, this doesn't really apply to people who use online chatting/dating because they're in an isolated area or something. But, for the most part, I think that any person could put down the phone or laptop, step outside their comfort zone, and just start talking to overcome their shyness.

The main reason I don't like online dating is because in many cases (and it's seemingly increasing) it's being used as a substitute instead of an alternative. Meaning, people think dating in real life is either hard, awkward, out of reach, or all of the above so instead of trying, they simply resort to online dating. All this digital form of communication is starting to replace actual confrontation. Sure, the internet is a GREAT thing to have. Hell, without it, I wouldn't be typing this right now. But I hate to see people revolve their lives around it. It crushes me. I'm not saying anyone here does, because I simply don't know, but when I speak about this I'm talking about the situation in general.

I understand why shy/socially awkward people use the internet for chatting, friends, and dating. I've been there before, namely in highschool. But if anyone is expecting it to be a solution to their human-interaction shortcomings (or whatever you wish to call it), then they will be disappointed. Yes, it's easier to hold a conversation online. Yes, it's less risky to express yourself. Yes, you have a large variety of people to meet. But, if we're talking about dating here, then you should be planning to meet these people in real life. When/if you DO meet said person, you will then need to confront your social awkwardness. All online dating is delay the eventual confrontation. If you can't comfortably talk with someone in person, should you be dating him/her?

I realize there's the whole "I got to know them online, therefore it won't be awkward when me meet" rebuttal, but that's just as assumption. Yeah, there is a chance that you two could pick up right where you left off and everything is dandy. But who's to say you won't get "cold feet" or your social anxiety gets the best of you and you become really nervous? What if the other person is nervous, thus making the whole meetup awkward? I always hear about this happening.

Like I said before in the status, my whole point is that we're relying too much on texting,IMing, and voice chatting (though not so much that anymore) for interacting with each other. More and more people consider themselves socially awkward in face-to-face situations because of all this digital communication. I'm not here to judge, heck I'm a victim of it myself. But I just don't think using the internet to meet people should ever replace stumbling across someone in real life. Of course, this doesn't really apply to people who use online chatting/dating because they're in an isolated area or something. But, for the most part, I think that any person could put down the phone or laptop, step outside their comfort zone, and just start talking to overcome their shyness.

Well it's not an assumption for me as i've had good experiences meeting people i've talked to online.  Me being socially awkward has absolutely nothing to do with digital communication, as I generally don't like texting or IMing people, it just has to do with who I am as a person and how other people perceive me.  It's not so much that i'm shy, I enjoy talking to my classmates.  I used to be a lot worse, I used to be nervous when talking to anybody, but over the years i've opened up considerably, I didn't get cold feet the first time I met someone in person from online because I knew enough about them to be able to start and carry on a conversation.  The problem is I think people idealize stumbling across someone in real life too much, they think it's going to be just like a romantic comedy when the reality is much different, I find it's unrealistic to expect someone to just walk into your life, there's no guarantee it'll happen anytime soon.  Dating sites let you know about people in your area who are interested, so you don't have to wait around and hope you'll just stumble into someone, that's just not my style right now.

Edited by vexer6 (see edit history)

Any sort of connection with anyone that I'd want to pursue and maintain has always formed as a consequence of interacting with them casually. Acquaintances and peers turned into friends or more-than-friends (and in one isolated case, bitter enemies). It's always been something that was totally unexpected and, in that regard, that made it even more special than it was. That's been true on and off the internet.

Not only can I not see myself going into a virtual construct to try to short circuit that process, I can't even see myself doing it physically with old school dating. With dating there are expectations on both sides from the very beginning. It seems too forced, too artificial. When it's just a random thing between people, we see the other person clearly, even when we don't know anything about them yet. (If that makes sense.)

Very nice initiative!

I was actually thinking if omo.org should have a separate page/topic destined to post the contact details of people who would like to take regular chats a bit further (voice chat, webcaming, maybe even real life meeting)!

On a different not, personally, I am not looking for a partner in general terms on this website or anywhere else on the Internet. I meet many beautiful and interesting girls in my day to day life and I don't feel the need to explore this online. However, I do not meet people who are into wetting in real life. Therefore, I might be looking online (on this website and others) to get to know people who are into wetting and who might be interested in talking more than just how was your day and stuff like that... I am talking about online holds, roleplaying, voice chats and even webcaming. Meeting people from this board in real life is a bit complicated, as everybody is many times from different continents, so I won't go into that.

All of my online dating experiences have been significantly inferior to my offline ones, so I've mostly stopped seeing it as a viable option; that, coupled with my tendency to become more attached to people than is good for me, made me back off significantly in the last years.  I'm still quite happy to do erotic things, but I do my best to ensure I don't end up with any emotional attachment.  Never used a dating site; I don't think getting to know someone with the intention of dating is likely to work out well.

At the moment, I both have a girlfriend and have plenty of opportunities to meet girls offline should I want to, so I don't find it a great loss.

I think a problem with this debate is that people are seeing "online dating" in two different ways.

Most people here view it as a "way to help you date other people without the process of having to talk to them and set it up in real life."  In this case, I feel that's how dating sites work, and that's why I don't want to join one.  It's viewed as a crutch to hold up one's shortcomings.  And let's face it, I'm shy, socially-awkward, and nervous all the time, but I have friends, plenty of them, and I constantly working on my communication skills (getting a job in food service has really helped, with helping customers, taking orders, answering the phone, etc.).  People probably see dating sites in other ways too, but in this case, I don't want to use one.

However, the reason why Vexer and I see it as nothing wrong is that we're seeing online dating as a "way to meet different people that you otherwise would probably never stumble into in real life."  I see online friendships and real life friendships in the same way.  I don't go out of my way to make friends.  I meet people who are in common interests with me, a lot of people, and I end up talking with a few and they become my friends.  This happens in real life, and online. This happens in my high school band, high school classes, college band, the Omo.org community, and the many other online gaming communities I've joined. It's all the same to me.  I act the same nervous, shy self when I'm online, too, so there's no difference.  If I end up getting feelings for someone in real life, I'll eventually work up my nerve into getting into a relationship with said person...but what happens if this person is online? Suddenly I'm showing less communication skills and using the internet as a crutch to help me because I can't form relationships in real life?  Not in the way I see it. A part of me thinks it's even harder to do it online, because I don't know how the other person sees it, and she might assume it won't work automatically, or she's just resistant to developing feelings to people online.

And really, relationships are relationships.  There's no need to get really strict about how to form one and how to make it work.  As living beings, we're designed to seek out someone we love...does it really matter how we get there?  Granted, I don't think online relationships should stay online, if you REALLY love said person, you should make it so you guys meet in real life.  I don't see how a relationship could really exist if it just stays online...

Bottom line: Online dating is a result of developing feelings for someone online.  The way I see it, it's placed on the same level as real-life dating.  Don't exclusively seek out online dating as the only way to meet people (unless you really don't make friends in real life, and given certain circumstances, I understand why this isn't possible for some).  But it's possible to make friends online, and if you do end up developing feelings for someone who's online, you shouldn't immediately exclude that person just because it's online.  You never know how it might work out.  Also...eventually do meet up in real life, otherwise the relationship will get stale....

Edited by Miles255 (see edit history)

Very well said!

All of my online dating experiences have been significantly inferior to my offline ones, so I've mostly stopped seeing it as a viable option; that, coupled with my tendency to become more attached to people than is good for me, made me back off significantly in the last years.  I'm still quite happy to do erotic things, but I do my best to ensure I don't end up with any emotional attachment.  Never used a dating site; I don't think getting to know someone with the intention of dating is likely to work out well.

At the moment, I both have a girlfriend and have plenty of opportunities to meet girls offline should I want to, so I don't find it a great loss.

Just cause it's a dating site dosen't necessarily mean everyone on there wants to date, some people on dating sites are just looking for friendship.  I didn't go on those sites with the intention of dating, I just wanted to chat with someone whom I shared common interests with.

Keep in mind though that this discussion was about online dating, not simply making friendships online.

It is useful, the internet, to befriend others you wouldn't have normally met, and that's great. But DATING someone you wouldn't have normally met is a whole different ballgame. Chances are, if you wouldn't have normally met them, they're far, far away from you. Meaning, if you DO develop feelings and want to build on them, you're either going to have a lot of travelling to do, or someone is going to have to move. But that's besides the point. Unless you live in an extremely tiny town or alone on a farm with no intention of ever living elsewhere, then you're going to come across many, many people in your life. If you have an attitude of "no one around here is compatible with me/I'll never find someone because they all live somewhere else" then I guarantee you won't find anyone because that's a very pessimistic and insecure view which WILL cause those thoughts to become reality. Ever here "confidence is key" when someone gives dating advice? It's true, self confidence goes a long way and if you can work on it and build it, you can easily meet, befriend, and date people you come across in real life.

I don't know.. like others have said, I just don't see the intention of 'meeting' someone with the sole intention of dating someone and occasionally, *hopefully* falling in love. I feel the same way about blind dates. It's essentially internet dating in real life, which I'm also not too fond of. I just always thought it would be more special to come across someone, build a friendship, and over time, DISCOVER your love for him/her instead of simply being matched with someone of "common interests" and then putting yourselves through a sort of compatibility test right off the bat.

Not to mention that how someone acts/speaks online could be totally different than how they act in real life. There is a chance that he/she acts the same, sure. But again, the internet can and does give people an 'alternate identity'. It is so much easier talking in text than it is to actually speak. If I didn't have 15 minutes to spare, I wouldn't have been able to say this whole post in a speech. It almost alllows people to have a 'rough draft' of what they're going to say to someone, and they can change it and adapt it so that it pleases you, even though it might not be what they would really say. I guess this is kind of confusing, but I hope some understand.

There's also voice chatting/video chatting which many think would eliminate the above problem of text chatting, but people still act different than how they would in real life. Ever get cussed out by a 10 year old over XBOX Live? What about those chat roulette websites? The internet does change how people present themselves.

Of course this is all subjective. Just my opinion. I know I can't change anyone's mind who's for online dating, and that's not my intention. But to anyone who thinks that some of us dislike online dating because it's simply "stupid, lazy, a crutch, weakness, etc" please realize that we (at least me, since I can't speak for everyone of course) have logical reasoning behind our disagreement on the concept of dating over the internet, not just blind hate.

Edited by monkeyfeet789 (see edit history)

I was actually thinking if omo.org should have a separate page/topic destined to post the contact details of people who would like to take regular chats a bit further (voice chat, webcaming, maybe even real life meeting)!

This will never happen. Shu has made it clear that this is not a dating site, and he's canned people in the past for both posting and asking for personal info. I highly doubt he will change his opinion soon.

Very nice initiative!

On a different not, personally, I am not looking for a partner in general terms on this website or anywhere else on the Internet. I meet many beautiful and interesting girls in my day to day life and I don't feel the need to explore this online. However, I do not meet people who are into wetting in real life. Therefore, I might be looking online (on this website and others) to get to know people who are into wetting and who might be interested in talking more than just how was your day and stuff like that... I am talking about online holds, roleplaying, voice chats and even webcaming. Meeting people from this board in real life is a bit complicated, as everybody is many times from different continents, so I won't go into that.

Maria's right.

Just take a look at the wiki site: https://wiki.omorashi.org/view/Omorashi.org

Can this site be used as a dating/hook-up service?

No. Our community is not a dating or hook-up service. Period. Most members expect privacy on this site and will wish to remain almost completely anonymous. Requesting personal information (such as someone's phone number or address) is a bannable offense. You will not be warned for this, you will not be given any second chances. Don't do it. Furthermore, asking members to "cam" with you will also get you permanently banned without warning.