Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

[English RPG Maker Desperation Game] Aquarius

I think I am too dumb for this. I've been wanting to play for a while, and I downloaded both the game and that other thing, but I have another software program on my computer that keeps taking precedence over the RPG maker and trying to read the game as an e-book.

Any suggestions? This isn't your fault at all, but if anyone else has had the same/similar problems, I'd appreciate some help. =D

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Every day is going to be fun!" "Let's hope tomorrow is another exciting day as well!" Genre - Fantasy/Omorashi Platform - RPG Maker XP A game I've been working on with a story involving lots o

is the game actually fully done yet cuz if not y'd u even post it up ? <_< sometimes i question people's sanity

Happy 4th birthday Aquarius. Please come back to us soon.

Posted Images

Very professional, especially since it is a first release. Here is the list of bugs I have run into:

Unskippable cutscenes. If you try to hit enter a bunch of times to skip through a conversation you have seen before, you end up talking to the person again.

I can think of a way to get around this and I'll give it a try before the next release - I'll see if I can make it so mashing 'X' also continues the dialogue, while not starting conversations.

Strange area-transition behaviour. It can be tricky to find the exact part of a door to walk into to go through it.

I think I know what you mean, in general this only happens when you try to leave immediately after entering a building.

post-13972-0-12199300-1351406745_thumb.p

The exit square is the one in red, but the way the perspective in RPG maker tiles works, you can also walk under the yellow tiles.

There's no easy way to fix this without making a small change to every relevant map, but I'll keep it in mind.

No objective list. Exploration is fun, but some people are better off being reminded what they are supposed to be accomplishing at any given time, even if it is just the pretense to make them run into a scripted event that the charicter did not know was coming.

Hopefully no longer a problem after Chrona joins: the magic phone in your room serves as a guidepost system from then on.

Enemies being scaled oddly in combat. Unless Ria and Chrona are supposed to be tiny compared to classmates.

I think that's mostly just the interface style. Players are more familiar so they look smaller, etc. Also yeah, timestop is getting severely nerfed next major release. (Chrona ;_; )

No ability to turn sound off. Or at least no options screen.

I should probably put this in a readme: RPG maker has an inbuilt menu for this you can bring up by pressing F1.

The puzzle. Many people have complained about this, and I solved it only after reading some of the spoilers. The fact that random encounters happen inside it makes it hard to play with, especially since there is no introduction, you are just told to "solve it." Looking at the solution, the hint, and the "you are not finished" rebuff, there is no way I could have figured it out without hints from the board. Look carefully at the wording to make sure it can be solved by just reasoning and looking closely.

A number of people have solved it on their own, so there's everything you need in the rules. Admittedly I didn't imagine people would come up with things like 'maybe equipment is red', but there's no clue you need to know that the game doesn't tell you.

Some have asked for harder puzzles as well, so I'm at a bit of a dilemma there. The best thing to do would probably be a hint system after X failed attempts.

The opening act. This is a matter of opinion, of course, but the opening did not feel like a very strong hook. Until I reached the second segment, I did not really care much about the setting, charicters, or anything else. This is a shame, because once you get into it, it is very well done. Perhaps opening Chrona doing something exciting before Ria's narration begins would help the audience care.

.....That... is a pretty good idea.

The first chapter was written over a year ago so it really needs some polish, and something that doesn't affect the rest of the storyline might actually work quite well.

Problem is that I'm not sure what I'd be able to work with for that scene, since:

-Chrona's magic is a surprise

-Ria's magic is a surprise

-Ria has to have the first omo scene

-Chrona's job is a semi-surprise

So the only thing I can think of on the spot is just some random enigmatic conversation or action scene that doesn't explain anything.

Might need some more thinking there.

It's an excellent idea in principle, though, I'll try to make it happen.

Thanks for all the feedback, especially that last one. Much appreciated.

I think I am too dumb for this. I've been wanting to play for a while, and I downloaded both the game and that other thing, but I have another software program on my computer that keeps taking precedence over the RPG maker and trying to read the game as an e-book.

Any suggestions? This isn't your fault at all, but if anyone else has had the same/similar problems, I'd appreciate some help. =D

Which file are you trying to open? The rar?

If you have winrar, you can right-click the file and choose 'extract here' instead of just opening it. (If you don't know if you have winrar then if you see that option in the right-click menu, that means you do)

If you don't, you can download it free:

http://www.win-rar.com/download.html?&L=0

If it tries to open the .exe as an e-book...

Hmmm, that's a more confusing problem.

Well, I have a dumb and inefficient way that probably will work... Make a new user in your computer and don't install whatever program that sees the game as an ebook for that user.

I think I know what you mean, in general this only happens when you try to leave immediately after entering a building.

-Chrona's magic is a surprise

-Ria's magic is a surprise

-Ria has to have the first omo scene

-Chrona's job is a semi-surprise.

I haven't had any troubles navigating in the game world, fyi :) Maybe I have a different operational system or whatever, I'm not too sure.

Also, I wish those plots events stay there... The very first intro can change, but I think everything after Ria gets out of bed is pretty good already...

Edited by ilovemyfetish (see edit history)

It won't really be changing, just adding.

When and where is a different question altogether.

Though yeah, I like the diary entries as a framing device so I won't change the very start, and I need to be careful about having chapter 1, which is almost completely cutscenes already, stretch even longer with more cutscenes.

I'll sleep on it.

Try right clicking the game and "open with..." then select the rpg maker

^This is good. I could do this.

New problem--what should the rpg maker be saved as? It's coming up as .rar which my computer is insisting is an e-book, and I'm like, "No, computer, that's wrong."

Thank you so much everyone, I apologize for being lame.

EDIT: Something that occurs to me--is this because I have a Mac? Because that would suck, but I would totally understand.

Edited by Call.Me.Izzy (see edit history)

New problem--what should the rpg maker be saved as? It's coming up as .rar which my computer is insisting is an e-book, and I'm like, "No, computer, that's wrong."

EDIT: Something that occurs to me--is this because I have a Mac? Because that would suck, but I would totally understand.

rar? Try downloading winrar and open the file with with that. rar files are compressed files that can be uncompressed and returned to "normal" with winrar, if you didn't know that. When you return the file to "normal" and uncompress it, it sound become a "exe" executable file...

No it wont work on a mac unless you have a copy of windows you can boot up.

Just a random thought... It sounds reasonable if Ria can enhance the power of Chrona's knives with her diamond magic, or even just make a new set of diamond daggers for Chrona... Just an idea if you need a support spell or something :p

This. I was thinking that Ria should be able to make some kind of Shell like spell from FF that would fit in well with her character. I think it would also really help to make the magic more versatile. Also stop time needs to be nurfed in some way. It's so powerful and just casting that let's you kill anything without trouble.

Another suggestion. Make it more apparent when you level up. I never actually realized I leveled up until I went into my inventory after a really long time and saw that the girls had gone up by around three levels.

I also think it would be super cool if when the girls wet, after showing the tank leaking, you showed a picture of the girls with pee streaming out from under them and their skirt slightly wet in the front/back.

Last thing: that puzzle really really really pissed me off when I finally found out the solution. I had been doing it for about an hour and even look at all the hints and still was really confused. I felt like I was playing with an incomplete rule book for that, which was incredibly annoying. I would much rather solve a puzzle that's more logical and less something like that. It also felt kind of like a cop-out.

All in all, I actually really like this game and definitely want to see it completed.

Just a random thought... It sounds reasonable if Ria can enhance the power of Chrona's knives with her diamond magic, or even just make a new set of diamond daggers for Chrona... Just an idea if you need a support spell or something :p

This is such a simple and smart idea that it was actually already planned for later

Good job thinking of it.

This. I was thinking that Ria should be able to make some kind of Shell like spell from FF that would fit in well with her character. I think it would also really help to make the magic more versatile. Also stop time needs to be nurfed in some way. It's so powerful and just casting that let's you kill anything without trouble.

Will be done.

Another suggestion. Make it more apparent when you level up. I never actually realized I leveled up until I went into my inventory after a really long time and saw that the girls had gone up by around three levels.

This one's buried in the depths of the default RPG maker code so it might be a bit of trouble, you can see the characters' levels whenever you open the menu anyway.

I also think it would be super cool if when the girls wet, after showing the tank leaking, you showed a picture of the girls with pee streaming out from under them and their skirt slightly wet in the front/back.

Artwork is one of the slowest tasks for me, we might get this since it's a nice idea, but no real guarantees. I don't really want to re-use the pictures from in-battle desperation for it, either.

Last thing: that puzzle really really really pissed me off when I finally found out the solution. I had been doing it for about an hour and even look at all the hints and still was really confused. I felt like I was playing with an incomplete rule book for that, which was incredibly annoying. I would much rather solve a puzzle that's more logical and less something like that. It also felt kind of like a cop-out.

Of course I'd be biased, but I'd argue that you actually have to be extremely, pedantically logical.

The one rule on the sign in the maze is carefully worded, and if you follow it as literally as possible, you'll get the right answer.

Either way, since people will catch on, I imagine most future puzzles will be pretty different from each other.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Progress is sloooooowwwwwlllyyy being made.

(No, I'm not explaining anything you see here.)

Looking great! Good to see the game's still coming along nicely. :)

And just to add a positive voice to the switch-puzzle: Yeah, it was pretty tricky, but I managed to find the solution myself and I liked it, so I think it should stay the way it is. Or maybem to make it a little easier with an additional hint on one of the signs.

Dunno if this was part of the programming or not, so I'll mention it here with a spoiler tag since it involves the switch puzzle.

You can also take care of the extra red element with Time Stop active, and it will still count the trial as completed.

Again, I'm not sure if that's intentional or not so I thought I would point it out.

PM Sent.

Also I gueeesssss a 30% pass rate is a bit much for a first puzzle so maybe the in-game hints will be a bit better in future releases.

Yes yes very hard for most people, but thats beacuse I was being to impaitence..anyway! is the first download on the first page the latest download? and I think I found a bug: I was up in the mountains and tried to change Ria's panties after having a accident but she said she already put one on today.

PM Sent.

Also I gueeesssss a 30% pass rate is a bit much for a first puzzle so maybe the in-game hints will be a bit better in future releases.

Speaking of future releases, I was wondering... When you release the next one, will it be just the next single mission before we hit the metaphorical story-based-brick-wall; or will it be in the form of two or three missions before we have to wait for the next update?

Anyhow, keep up the good work, I can't wait until the next one ^-^