Sign In

[English RPG Maker Desperation Game] Aquarius

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Every day is going to be fun!" "Let's hope tomorrow is another exciting day as well!" Genre - Fantasy/Omorashi Platform - RPG Maker XP A game I've been working on with a story involving lots o

is the game actually fully done yet cuz if not y'd u even post it up ? <_< sometimes i question people's sanity

Happy 4th birthday Aquarius. Please come back to us soon.

Posted Images

Really beatifull artwork and the little i have played of the game so far looks great, but is the music supposed to be so choppy? :p it gets really anoying really fast :) Dunno if its my computer or something with the game though

Choppy? Can you describe what you mean?

I've never had any problems with the music, does it sound like a technical error with the playback, or sound like it's supposed to be that way and it's just my awful taste in music?

Hi,

I've had a look at the game, and what I've seen so far looks quite nice!

I did run in to a bug though: the game crashes with in the battle scene with the white haired girl, giving saying it can't finde sounds/BGM/★Akatsuki Shinzen - Koi no MIKURU Densetsu. I've looked in the directory, and the sound is def. there - I guess it's a problem with the star in the filename not working properly on my system. Could I possible ask you to have a look into it and post an updated version? I'd love to be able to play more!

Thanks!

Hi,

I've had a look at the game, and what I've seen so far looks quite nice!

I did run in to a bug though: the game crashes with in the battle scene with the white haired girl, giving saying it can't finde sounds/BGM/★Akatsuki Shinzen - Koi no MIKURU Densetsu. I've looked in the directory, and the sound is def. there - I guess it's a problem with the star in the filename not working properly on my system. Could I possible ask you to have a look into it and post an updated version? I'd love to be able to play more!

Thanks!

Yep, someone else told me about this a few minutes ago: redownload the game from the first post and port your savefile over, it should be fixed.

(If you remember seeing that 'edit' message by the link when you first downloaded it then that means I've been an idiot and reuploaded the first version twice, but I hope that isn't the case)

Before anyone finds this next one, someone on animegirldesp discovered the game crashes if you try to go in the teleport center (north building in town) before going to class during chapter 2.

I'm using the free internet on a train right now so I can't upload a fix, but this crash is easily avoided by just not trying the door before class.

Keep comments, opinions and impressions coming, it's good to know what worked well.

Nice job on the game but i have a question, is it possble to bind actions too 2 keys or so that we can make our own keybindings? Becase im used to playing with visualboy on the computer and the action key is Z and back is B so its kinda hard to get used to useing enter for everything.

Right after posting this i noticed you can use C aswell which is alot better than enter but my question on changeing the keybindings still stands.

Nice job on the game but i have a question, is it possble to bind actions too 2 keys or so that we can make our own keybindings? Becase im used to playing with visualboy on the computer and the action key is Z and back is B so its kinda hard to get used to useing enter for everything.

Right after posting this i noticed you can use C aswell which is alot better than enter but my question on changeing the keybindings still stands.

By default configuration, Z, C and Enter all do the same thing (confirmation) and X and Esc are both 'cancel/menu'.

However, you can change the key config by pressing F1 while the game is running and going to the keyboard tab.

Also thanks for the dining room tip, at the moment it's a completely useless room so I didn't check it that much.

You can deliver the drinks to the store twice, after i talked to all the ppl in the town and the girl with white hair said to go back to the store to try and call someone or something i talked to the store owner and it just had me deliver the drinks again.

Btw Z does not seem to do anything for me

Just a suggestion, you should add switches so that after you talk to someone they won't keep saying the same thing over and over again.

You can deliver the drinks to the store twice, after i talked to all the ppl in the town and the girl with white hair said to go back to the store to try and call someone or something i talked to the store owner and it just had me deliver the drinks again.

Btw Z does not seem to do anything for me

Just a suggestion, you should add switches so that after you talk to someone they won't keep saying the same thing over and over again.

Store is fixed with latest release.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d6adl7a9cnplgp6

Also updating it in the downloads section.

Have you played any RMXP games before? Maybe you reconfigured the keys when playing a different game, because Z works for pretty much everyone else. Did using F1 not work (On that screen next to Z choose 'C' from the menu, yes it's a bit confusing but it's built in to the RMXP system)?

NPCs repeating dialogue is the way RPGs are. They can change after the first conversation, but then they'll just repeat their second statement over and over, or repeat a bunch of separate statements randomly, and even that involves writing out multiple conversations about random things with every single NPC, and that way lies madness.

(However, with NPCs you'll see often (like the town residents) I do intend to change what they say according to how far you are in the plot)

Edited by Rainyday (see edit history)

having played over an hour, i must say, the combat is freaking sweeet! And thats my main gripe with usual games like these, their combat is often boring as hell and is just in the way, but in this game, its really smooth, fun and unique. But damn that press the blue buttons test......cant figure it out, seems to be no way to open the gate for the last blue button without hitting the red one first.......Maybe im just beeing massively stupid or something...

having played over an hour, i must say, the combat is freaking sweeet! And thats my main gripe with usual games like these, their combat is often boring as hell and is just in the way, but in this game, its really smooth, fun and unique. But damn that press the blue buttons test......cant figure it out, seems to be no way to open the gate for the last blue button without hitting the red one first.......Maybe im just beeing massively stupid or something...

I'm glad you like the combat, I actually put it together quickly thinking I'd overhaul the system later, but I did put in a decent bit of care to make sure it wasn't boring.

Do you mind saying which parts of it you thought were good for reference?

Also hahaha, I anticipated lots of people getting stuck on the button puzzle, it's got a few devious tricks to it.

I'll PM you a hint.

I'm glad you like the combat, I actually put it together quickly thinking I'd overhaul the system later, but I did put in a decent bit of care to make sure it wasn't boring.

Do you mind saying which parts of it you thought were good for reference?

Also hahaha, I anticipated lots of people getting stuck on the button puzzle, it's got a few devious tricks to it.

I'll PM you a hint.

Personally i really like the special abilities, the time warp is amazing, and it just feels alot less sluggish and faster than the others. Also the difficulty so far is pretty much spot on