Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

If you want to get really desperate really fast, try a BANG Energy Drink.

This stuff fucks me up, fam. I have a pretty large bladder with a capacity of about 1400 millilitres so doing a hold is always a big ordeal for me. However, whenever I drink a BANG (Or Reign, they're the same thing) I end up needing to pee pretty badly real fast even if I don't drink anything else. Just this morning I drank one at like 9 am and by 11 I was feeling it. I peed then and at 2ish I was almost desperate and I didn't even drink anything else since. 

I was at the beach and kept trying to find a place to pee but the coast was never clear so I held it until the people I was with wanted to leave and I filled a Gatorade bottle in the car. It was only about 500ml which is less than half my usual capacity, but it just irritates my bladder so much it makes me feel like I'm holding over a liter. One time in the past I didn't pee the first time and went to the beach again, and it made me need to go so badly that I just sat in a gazebo and wet my pants on the bench in there since I was too afraid of exposing myself. I could have held on if I really had to, but I was wearing quick-drying track pants and my bladder was throbbing so much that I could hardly stand it.

For those who've never heard of it, BANG is an energy drink with zero sugar, very popular with police and other first responders due to an obscene amount of caffeine (300mg in one small can.) So if you're ever looking to reach the bursting point real quick, drink a BANG or Reign and a couple bottles of water. You'll be frantic faster than you can imagine. Monster, Red Bull, Rockstar, none of those do that to me. Only BANG and Reign.

Just thought you ought to know.

Most Energy Drinks make me need to go much quicker than any other type of drink, in general...

as a minor side note to drinking Bang; it is loaded with creatine, which is fine if you stay active, as it helps build muscles

but if you drink it, and do not exercise, all that creatine is going to be turned directly into fat

so drink that particular brand with care!

Lol. My mistake, I meant 100mg. Hmmm, but now I find myself wondering what higher quantities would do to me, say 400mg. I've taken that much before while working, but I never really payed attention to how much it made me pee, and I've never even dreamed of using that much for a hold. Ik its kind of dangerous though, so I think I'll avoid that and leave it as a pleasant fantasy.

Even if it has gotten me desperate before, I've never intentionally used it for a hold yet. I'm wondering what the logistics are. Would it work better to drink the BANG and then two liters of water, or all the water and then the BANG? I'm thinking the BANG should come first because my completely uneducated brain is suggesting that if my stomach is already swollen up with water that will sort of diffuse the caffeine. If that's not how it works though I'd want to do it the other way around. Get myself all full of pee and then drink the BANG to effectively drop a hand grenade in there.

Meh. No clue.

5 hours ago, Bulge_Lover said:

Even if it has gotten me desperate before, I've never intentionally used it for a hold yet. I'm wondering what the logistics are. Would it work better to drink the BANG and then two liters of water, or all the water and then the BANG? I'm thinking the BANG should come first because my completely uneducated brain is suggesting that if my stomach is already swollen up with water that will sort of diffuse the caffeine. If that's not how it works though I'd want to do it the other way around. Get myself all full of pee and then drink the BANG to effectively drop a hand grenade in there.

Meh. No clue.

I'm not sure cause I've never drank energy drinks before, but I hear starting by drinking the diuretic will get you desperate faster.

On 11/12/2019 at 12:05 PM, No.one said:

as a minor side note to drinking Bang; it is loaded with creatine, which is fine if you stay active, as it helps build muscles

but if you drink it, and do not exercise, all that creatine is going to be turned directly into fat

This is just not accurate. Creatine doesn't have unique fattening qualities, and it's not high-calorie. Drinking 5g here and there is not going to "turn directly to fat."

1 hour ago, kochel428 said:

This is just not accurate. Creatine doesn't have unique fattening qualities, and it's not high-calorie. Drinking 5g here and there is not going to "turn directly to fat."

As someone who has used creatine supplements extensively, this is true. Creatine has no calories and won't make you gain fat. But it will make you retain extra water, which many perceive as fat. Eventually you will pee out this retained water if you don't continue to supplement with creatine.

However: creatine's waste product creatinine is one of the main waste products that your kidneys eliminate. In fact, the amount of creatinine in your pee is one of the ways doctors measure kidney function. Speculating: creatine may actually be part of the reason your kidneys work harder/faster after drinking one of these.

Edited by surrealexp (see edit history)
16 hours ago, surrealexp said:

As someone who has used creatine supplements extensively, this is true. Creatine has no calories and won't make you gain fat. But it will make you retain extra water, which many perceive as fat. Eventually you will pee out this retained water if you don't continue to supplement with creatine.

However: creatine's waste product creatinine is one of the main waste products that your kidneys eliminate. In fact, the amount of creatinine in your pee is one of the ways doctors measure kidney function. Speculating: creatine may actually be part of the reason your kidneys work harder/faster after drinking one of these.

Yeah I’m about five pounds heavier when I’m taking creatine than when I’m not. It happens almost overnight and it’s all water weight.

Re: creatinine, studies have found that taking creatine can produce lab results that mimic acute kidney damage, but it’s a lab report artifact not actual damage.

I did notice when I first started taking it that I would wake up in the morning desperate for a pee, when usually I don’t. Could be something there, I guess.

For any Canadians out there, BANG can be purchased online or at 7-Eleven, but I can't recommend you do so. The Canadian formulation is missing some ingredients that the American one has. Most notably there is only 180mg of caffeine in it, as opposed to the American version which has 300mg. So unless you're crossing the border soon, or know some grey-market mom and pop shops that sell stuff like that, you may not get the results you want.

• 3 weeks later...