Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Question about the new policy

14 minutes ago, AliasnameTO said:

If I may use this thread for another question, a particular section of the rule says "preadolescent." Does that mean high school age protagonists are okay? 

Edit: nvm on the second part.

That’s the question I’ve got. My stories feature teenage adolescents. So, is under 18 okay if they’re adolescents? 

10 hours ago, The Dark Wolf said:

2.) Does the thing about minors include anime girls? Technically just about any anime girl you ever see is under 18 (though they look like they could be like 18-20's even if they're in junior high school) and sometimes they get fetishized and stuff in the shows themselves.

The age range might refer to their age in universe, like if we go by how old the series is (release date) Bart Simpson would be 40 and Summer Smith (Rick and Morty) would be six whereas in-universe Bart is 10 and Summer is 17.

I think, and mods correct me if I'm wrong, that it is acceptable to fetishize Summer but not to acceptable to fetishize Bart. It might even be acceptable to fetishize minor characters if you explicitly state that you have age them up a few years. Like in a decent amount of Naruto fanfics that I have read they bump the ages up from 12 to 16.

1.) Does "abuse" include spanking or bondage?

Generally, no. As long as it's not in a forced/traumatizing manner to the participant. That is, if it's consensual/both parties are having fun, it's perfectly fine.

2.) Does the thing about minors include anime girls? Technically just about any anime girl you ever see is under 18 (though they look like they could be like 18-20's even if they're in junior high school) and sometimes they get fetishized and stuff in the shows themselves.

Yes and no. Yes high-school anime girls are fine. This policy more specifically targets actual children, not high-schoolers/late teens. As you said, this encompasses most anime characters anyways.

@crashdriver: Technically, most of those Naruto fanfics wouldn't be the writer aging up the characters... People actually age in that series and while most characters from Naruto's generation are indeed around 12 or 13 at the series start, several months past by the end of part 1, there's a 2.5 year timeskip betweeen the end of part 1 and the start of part 2/Shippuden, and several months, if not a full year passes by the time of the final battle. Pretty sure Naruto's 16th or 17th birthday actually passes on page/screen during the final arc, and that's not counting the "The Last"/epilogue part of the time line or the next generation spin-off Boruto.

But yeah, there are plenty of fanfic writers who just age up characters enough to claim they aren't writing loli/shota, but these shouldn't be mixed up with cases where characters canonically age in their source material.

Anyways, to keep this more on topic:

1. How does this policy affect characters that are mentally adults, but are described to have child-like appearances? Does it make a difference if the character in question has been physically regressed, suffers a condition that stunts growth, or is from a fantasy race that matures physically at a slower rate than humans?

2. Going in the opposite direction, what about humanoids that mature quickly? If the character is physically and mentally mature by human standards are they acceptable even if their chronological age is in the single digits?

1 hour ago, Imouto Kitten said:

@crashdriver: Technically, most of those Naruto fanfics wouldn't be the writer aging up the characters... People actually age in that series and while most characters from Naruto's generation are indeed around 12 or 13 at the series start, several months past by the end of part 1, there's a 2.5 year timeskip betweeen the end of part 1 and the start of part 2/Shippuden, and several months, if not a full year passes by the time of the final battle. Pretty sure Naruto's 16th or 17th birthday actually passes on page/screen during the final arc, and that's not counting the "The Last"/epilogue part of the time line or the next generation spin-off Boruto.

But yeah, there are plenty of fanfic writers who just age up characters enough to claim they aren't writing loli/shota, but these shouldn't be mixed up with cases where characters canonically age in their source material.

Anyways, to keep this more on topic:

1. How does this policy affect characters that are mentally adults, but are described to have child-like appearances? Does it make a difference if the character in question has been physically regressed, suffers a condition that stunts growth, or is from a fantasy race that matures physically at a slower rate than humans?

2. Going in the opposite direction, what about humanoids that mature quickly? If the character is physically and mentally mature by human standards are they acceptable even if their chronological age is in the single digits?

The policy very clearly states that we go by physical appearance. Their mental state, age state, whether their a 5000 year old vampire, is all irrelevant.

3 hours ago, Imouto Kitten said:

With the Naruto fanfics, they usually started the first arc or Naruto's time in the academy with the characters already a couple years older than cannon. So Naruto's team goes on the bridge mission when they are somewhere between fourteen and sixteen.

Clearly I'm not a member of staff, but my understanding is - 

- The change of policy relates to fictional works only (that's actually in it's title).

- I don't think there would be an issue with incidental characters in a story who happened to be children (a main character happens to have a younger sibling, as an example), so long as they're not central, and not involved in any of the Omo content. Wetting scenario's involving children, even if non-sexualised, seem to be ruled out.

- The wording of the policy was actually clarified following feedback, to specify 'preadolescent' children, so I think you'd be pretty safe with 16 year olds.  

Hope that helps. I'm sure Maki or Kozmo will correct me if I'm wrong, or add further detail if needed.

Okay I just want to be 100% certain. What about per say the Game of Thrones stories I've been writing/ignoring. What if the actress herself was an adult being portrayed as younger character in the show? Would it be okay to write about them if that were the case, or would it only be okay to write about them if they were an adult portraying an adult?