Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

What is the average size pee for average sized bladders?

The average size is more around 500ml according to some papers I've read, so you're actually on the smaller side. I have a very decent capacity myself. My disbelief starts around 1600, because my capacity is around there and seeing people reach 2l seems...unlikely. I know its happened, but its still something that gives me the ol' big think.

600-750ml is a realistic average for maximum capacity for normal people. Papers say 500ml because non-holders don't bother pushing their limits for the sake of some study.

The absolute maximum voluntary capacity that I can verify beyond any shadow of a doubt is not faked in any way is 2030ml from Sister24 - You see the entire pee start to finish, coming straight out of her body, absolutely no room for any tricky tricks. However I have a very reliable source that claims to have witnessed a 2700ml voluntary pee. I believe it fully, I trust said source with my life, but I wasn't there so I can't personally vouch for it. 

It might seem impossible, but think of how nutty other variations are in humans. We've had people who are two feet tall fully grown and over eight feet tall at the age of twelve. There are so many potential minor mutations in humans that a couple people having incredible capacities is well within plausibility.

Now I don't really like talking about this, but you also gotta take some medical emergencies into account. Even basic-ass people, their bladders can swell to six liters or more without rupturing if something is physically stopping them from peeing. This is obviously insanely dangerous and not in any way sexual, but it does prove that bladders are capable of A LOT and that the majority of your capacity is based on your willpower and desire to go even further beyond rather than having a rigid, set limit.

Me, I've been sitting at a 1400ml capacity for ages now. I dream of the day that I find someone to keep me grounded while I break 1500. My life goal is to fill a half gallon jug in one pee. 

This is not really on topic, but I love how on the main page of the forums the title of the topic is truncated as "What is the average size p..." - I clicked on it, expecting a penis size thread, but of course it's really about pee volume 😂 I don't know what I expected.

And just to add my own little anecdote: I measured my output three times so far: all three was between 0.8 and 1 liters. These weren't close to max capacity, but I was reasonably desperate with a noticeable stomach bulge, and with all the uncomfortableness and excitement that comes with it. Also, I heard that your bladder retains some pee when you're finished - so who really knows their real bladder volume?

I pee an average of just 200mL everytime I need to go but this is definitely not my capacity or limits. I believe people who near the 2L capacities and over have a higher output each time (maybe 350mL+?)

I have heard from people on forums able to reach from a low 300mL to insanely high capacities of 3L+. Any bladder capacity is "normal".

Sorry if this sounds a bit too clinical 😂

We don't usually have the opportunity to measure someone else's output, but I have a very rough "rule of thumb" that I use:  One minute of steady peeing equals one liter.  From my observations of male peeing, I've noted that more than half of the casual visits to a men's room are for peeing 15 seconds or less (250 mL or less).  Someone who "really has to go" might pee for around 20 - 40 seconds (maybe 700 mL or less).  I've only actually witnessed a full minute (one liter) pee a couple of times.  Those were beer drinkers who were bursting to go.

So I'd say that the average male has an upper capacity of 600-700 mL, and women ought to be close to the same.  But human parts come in all sizes, and at this site we have people who not only have unusually large bladders but who also have developed their holding ability far beyond the norm.  I won't dispute that there are a few who can pee 1500 mL, though having much more than that in a bladder suggests a pathology.  

I think capacaties and capabilities vary a lot.  During the day I would say my normal output, and I do measure it from time to time, was between 300ml and 500ml.  Overnight I may have to get up twice and have filled the overnight pot to somewhere between 1200 to 1500ml but that's over two pees, each one averaging 600ml to around 750ml.  In my latest Jonah Falcon story, So many questions, I had him pee nearly 2 litres after a 7 hour hold but that was partly for dramatic effect and partly because I think a guy with a large penis would struggle to pass small amounts of urine - although I may well be wrong about that.   

I pee an average of just 200mL everytime I need to go but this is definitely not my capacity or limits. I believe people who near the 2L capacities and over have a higher output each time (maybe 350mL+?)

I have heard from people on forums able to reach from a low 300mL to insanely high capacities of 3L+. Any bladder capacity is "normal".

Sorry if this sounds a bit too clinical 😂

I suspect 300ml is a pretty average pee - not average capacity but average pee for someone who doesn't need to go too badly. Look up stats for "first desire to void." Average capacity is frequently cited as somewhere around 400-600 ml. I think this is derived mostly from cystometric studies, where a subject's bladder is filled (fairly rapidly) via catheter until they indicate it should stop. This might understate what people are capable of somewhat - especially in some older studies that use CO2 instead of water for filling - but isn't too far off from what you'll see in "voiding diary" studies (where subjects measure their own volumes throughout the day) as far as the largest volumes most people will hold regularly. An interesting point though is that average bladder capacity under anesthesia (which I believe is measured by filling until pressure reaches a certain threshold) is cited around 1000ml. So I would guess that it's not particularly uncommon to be capable of holding a liter, but that it's not something most people do voluntarily. 

(Not a urologist or anything, by the way - I've just spent a fair amount of time looking up papers about this stuff out of curiosity.)

On 10/5/2019 at 2:04 AM, Bulge_Lover said:

The absolute maximum voluntary capacity that I can verify beyond any shadow of a doubt is not faked in any way is 2030ml from Sister24 - You see the entire pee start to finish, coming straight out of her body, absolutely no room for any tricky tricks. However I have a very reliable source that claims to have witnessed a 2700ml voluntary pee. I believe it fully, I trust said source with my life, but I wasn't there so I can't personally vouch for it. 

I remember that video, one of the most impressive I've seen!

I don't have a proof as I didn't record video, but a couple of time I got close to 2200 ml myself, I would say 1150+ (I used measuring pitcher so it's quite precise, but not to +/- 10 ml). Though it's really tough and takes a lot of pain in my bladder. Most of the times if I am doing a hold and pushing myself. I end around 1900-2000 ml.

By the way, I would be very interested to hear more details about that 2700 ml pee you learned about from your "source", if you would be willing to share them here, or privately in DMs.

In the medical literature, there exists a case of a person with a 6 liter bladder. The man had no urinary symptoms for 15 years. There is also a report of a person with a 11 liter bladder, although he reported significant urinary symptoms including incontinence (yes, having a too large bladder can actually be correlated with incontinence).

In general, I don't find it unlikely that in rare cases a person might have a bladder in the range of 2-3 liters with no medical urinary problems whatsoever. After all, there are cases of much larger bladders in people who took many years to develop any urinary symptoms. The guy with the 6 liter bladder showed up at the hospital not because he was having troubles with his huge bladder, but rather because he had rectal cancer.

People who have giant bladders but don't have any medical issues related to that are unlikely to show up to the doctor except when they have other unrelated issues. So there's probably many giant bladders that go unreported because their owners simply don't have any reason to go to the doctor specifically for bladder issues.

• 4 weeks later...

A someone who worked as a paramedic for a few years, I'd like to add some infos some  of you might like

- in case of acute urinary retention caused, it's not rare to catheter around 3 liters of urine.

- some people have a disorder making every part of their body more elastic including their bladder and feel the need to pee only when they have 600-900mL in their bladder and can hold more than 2 liters. 

(This is not the norm, it's about medical conditions and keep in mind that overstretching your bladder too often can cause injure it, and you won't be able to empty it completly anymore or become more or less incontinent.)

On 10/5/2019 at 1:04 AM, Bulge_Lover said:

The absolute maximum voluntary capacity that I can verify beyond any shadow of a doubt is not faked in any way is 2030ml from Sister24 - You see the entire pee start to finish, coming straight out of her body, absolutely no room for any tricky tricks. 

... link? Where are their account? I tried searching and ended up on some christian site 

My (now long departed) mother's home medical book (written in the 1950s) said the average adult feels the first urge at 8 ounces and makes urinating an immediate necessity around 16 ounces.  In rounded modern units 240 and 470 ml.

Reason to think those numbers low:  In high school and college I had the lowest capacity among males I knew and was near the mean for females I knew.  This was a time when I briefly reached 27 oz (about 800 mL).  Admittedly, I could not do the 27 mL reliably.  At the time 24 oz (710 mL) was my reliable number.  Now my numbers have dropped to about those in my mother's ancient home health book.