Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Is it reasonable to make a game with omorashi mechanics?

(Not sure in which forum-category ask such questions)

Besides making it just for fun.

Will it sells better than without them?

I know many people don't like it. And I doubt there's enough people willing to pay for it.

Maybe if such mechanics will be side or optional it'll be somehow safe to try, but to make it core mechanic will probably won't be worth it.

This is indeed the right subforum.

I've always fantasized about developing a hyperrealistic zombie survival game set in a large suburban town with outlying forests. Aside from hunger and thirst working very realistically, such as dehydration and starvation reducing max stamina and health and having minor debuffs like headaches and slower run speed, your character has a bladder that also behaves realistically to the point of it being weird. I could hide behind the claim of being one of "those people" who takes realism in video games way too seriously.

Drinking fills your character's bladder at a realistic rate, even accounting for things such as caffeine and alcohol. Time in-game would move at 1:1 scale, so you won't be peeing way too much like in the Sims or those Skyrim mods. 98% of the time it causes no issues, so people who don't care aren't affected very much.

When your bladder is up to 70% full, you suffer no negative effects. However the fuller it gets above that, your character slows down at an increasing rate up to 95%, where they lose the ability to run, climb, or crawl as they enter what we call "extreme desperation." Of course this is all accompanied by realistic desperate animations and voice acting.

When in this crippled state, you could hit the sprint button to force yourself to full speed, but this causes an immediate and full loss of control. If you reach 100%, you can mash a button to hold past your limit, but the moment you slow down you start leaking, and if you stop mashing, you wet yourself completely.

As for peeing voluntarily, I mean, it's a post-apocalyptic wasteland. You can press a button and get your dick out or pop a squat in the middle of the street if you want with no negative consequences. This is another reason it would only ever effect people who very intentionally choose to push it too far. If you wanna be a priss about it, you can break into any building and use their toilet like a civilized human being.

If you do wet yourself, negative consequences include zombies being able to smell you from an increased distance until you bathe and clean your clothes, as well as a very slight decrease to run speed until your pants dry (does not apply to skirts and dresses, or if you're running around in short shorts or just underwear, even completely nude as is permitted in a game where player freedom means everything.) Your character will also suffer a blow to happiness and morale - HOWEVER, if you wet yourself very often, the game can only assume that you're doing it on purpose, in which case your character develops a taste for it and it actually increases happiness and morale.

To go even further beyond, your maximum capacity is dynamic. If you pee whenever you have a free moment, your capacity stays the "average" of 600ml. If you bring yourself to 90%+ all the time before either peeing voluntarily or wetting yourself, you can train your bladder all the way up to a god-tier 2000ml capacity. This lets you explore all day with normal fluid intake without worrying about taking time to pee, and you'll never be caught in a dangerous situation when you're too full to deal with it properly.

Since I'm truly insane, I would also take into account bladder expansion and external pressure. Jeans or slacks with a belt would give it no room to expand, reducing for example a 1300ml capacity to 900ml. You could undo your pants to go back to maximum potential, but then you gotta deal with your pants trying to fall off, unless you're using suspenders. Climbing something that you need to clamber up on to will also strongly compress the bladder, as will crawling while prone. If you're over 85% full, this has the potential to cause small leaks, said chance reduced if your character has a trained bladder.

Now since I'm a feminist, I'd never degrade my characters by having them be able to wet themselves in fear. My girls are badass. That said, extended melee combat with a bladder more than 85% full would have a chance to cause a wetting just from pure exertion.

Note that such an obscenely detailed system wouldn't even stick out in the game, as literally everything else would be just as intricate, but this website isn't the place to write a novel on my plans for the game.

All this said, I know jack shit about game development, so this shall remain a fantasy unless I manage to win the lottery or otherwise end up exceedingly rich. 

1 hour ago, Bulge_Lover said:

I've always fantasized about developing a hyperrealistic zombie survival game set in a large suburban town with outlying forests. Aside from hunger and thirst working very realistically, such as dehydration and starvation reducing max stamina and health and having minor debuffs like headaches and slower run speed, your character has a bladder that also behaves realistically to the point of it being weird. I could hide behind the claim of being one of "those people" who takes realism in video games way too seriously.

Drinking fills your character's bladder at a realistic rate, even accounting for things such as caffeine and alcohol. Time in-game would move at 1:1 scale, so you won't be peeing way too much like in the Sims or those Skyrim mods. 98% of the time it causes no issues, so people who don't care aren't affected very much.

When your bladder is up to 70% full, you suffer no negative effects. However the fuller it gets above that, your character slows down at an increasing rate up to 95%, where they lose the ability to run, climb, or crawl as they enter what we call "extreme desperation." Of course this is all accompanied by realistic desperate animations and voice acting.

When in this crippled state, you could hit the sprint button to force yourself to full speed, but this causes an immediate and full loss of control. If you reach 100%, you can mash a button to hold past your limit, but the moment you slow down you start leaking, and if you stop mashing, you wet yourself completely.

As for peeing voluntarily, I mean, it's a post-apocalyptic wasteland. You can press a button and get your dick out or pop a squat in the middle of the street if you want with no negative consequences. This is another reason it would only ever effect people who very intentionally choose to push it too far. If you wanna be a priss about it, you can break into any building and use their toilet like a civilized human being.

If you do wet yourself, negative consequences include zombies being able to smell you from an increased distance until you bathe and clean your clothes, as well as a very slight decrease to run speed until your pants dry (does not apply to skirts and dresses, or if you're running around in short shorts or just underwear, even completely nude as is permitted in a game where player freedom means everything.) Your character will also suffer a blow to happiness and morale - HOWEVER, if you wet yourself very often, the game can only assume that you're doing it on purpose, in which case your character develops a taste for it and it actually increases happiness and morale.

To go even further beyond, your maximum capacity is dynamic. If you pee whenever you have a free moment, your capacity stays the "average" of 600ml. If you bring yourself to 90%+ all the time before either peeing voluntarily or wetting yourself, you can train your bladder all the way up to a god-tier 2000ml capacity. This lets you explore all day with normal fluid intake without worrying about taking time to pee, and you'll never be caught in a dangerous situation when you're too full to deal with it properly.

Since I'm truly insane, I would also take into account bladder expansion and external pressure. Jeans or slacks with a belt would give it no room to expand, reducing for example a 1300ml capacity to 900ml. You could undo your pants to go back to maximum potential, but then you gotta deal with your pants trying to fall off, unless you're using suspenders. Climbing something that you need to clamber up on to will also strongly compress the bladder, as will crawling while prone. If you're over 85% full, this has the potential to cause small leaks, said chance reduced if your character has a trained bladder.

Now since I'm a feminist, I'd never degrade my characters by having them be able to wet themselves in fear. My girls are badass. That said, extended melee combat with a bladder more than 85% full would have a chance to cause a wetting just from pure exertion.

Note that such an obscenely detailed system wouldn't even stick out in the game, as literally everything else would be just as intricate, but this website isn't the place to write a novel on my plans for the game.

All this said, I know jack shit about game development, so this shall remain a fantasy unless I manage to win the lottery or otherwise end up exceedingly rich. 

Happen to have heard of a game called 'Scum' as with how obsessed that game is with realistically representing the human body, I think the devs might appreciate some input in making their already existing bladder (and bowel, which may be a turn off.) mechanics even more so.

Not so much there in the way of zombies, though.

I would imagine it would sell much better with it than without it. Think of how many games get released each month. If you make a small indie game, unless you have some very interesting hook, or a great art style it is probably not going to stand out from the crowd. If you make a game for any fetish, not just ours, you are greatly decreasing your pool of potential customers. But the potential customers you have left will be far more interested, and likely to buy your game. That is of course as long as it's of a worthwhile quality.

^Actually, I'm not sure there's much correlation between quality and sales... at least, there are plenty of games that are almost universally loved among those who have played them but which remain largely unknown among the mainstream and struggle to sell enough to keep the developer afloat and there are plenty of games that get slammed for being the same old, same old, yet still sell millions.

As to the original question, I think any game where you already have to manage a character's bodily needs could have bladder mechanics added and no one would bat an eye unless the developer really called attention to the desperation aspect.

As for an overtly fetishy game, Omo as a focus might shrink your potential audience by quite a bit, but in general, I think you'd have trouble convincing someone to pay full price for such a game even if you catered to the lowest common denominator of busty women in skimpy clothes doing whatever the player asks.

As for the above outline of realistic bladder mechanics, part of me says 70% is too high for initial side-effects, especially since it's my understanding that the "need to pee" signal starts at around 25% capacity.

Guest CuckooForCaca
9 hours ago, Bulge_Lover said:

So you're incredibly dedicated to realism, except for fear wettings and messing, which you're going to completely ignore? That's not realistic, especially since fear wettings would be rampant in that kind of scenario. One estimate said that 1/4 of troops in World War 2 soiled themselves in terror in at some point, and those were adult men.

Either go for actual realism or just make a fetish game openly.

Edited by CuckooForCaca (see edit history)
4 hours ago, CuckooForCaca said:

So you're incredibly dedicated to realism, except for fear wettings and messing, which you're going to completely ignore? That's not realistic, especially since fear wettings would be rampant in that kind of scenario. One estimate said that 1/4 of troops in World War 2 soiled themselves in terror in at some point, and those were adult men.

Fear wetting isn't included because it wouldn't make sense for the character. Like I said, they'd be badasses. If my planned story revolved around a Starbucks barista who thinks getting the wrong car for her birthday is the worst thing ever, I'd certainly include a fear wetting mechanic, but that's not my character.

And I never mentioned that defecation wouldn't be in the game, it just wasn't part of this post, and is included in my mentioning that literally everything else would be just as intricate.

Guest CuckooForCaca
1 hour ago, Bulge_Lover said:

Fear wetting isn't included because it wouldn't make sense for the character. Like I said, they'd be badasses. If my planned story revolved around a Starbucks barista who thinks getting the wrong car for her birthday is the worst thing ever, I'd certainly include a fear wetting mechanic, but that's not my character.

And I never mentioned that defecation wouldn't be in the game, it just wasn't part of this post, and is included in my mentioning that literally everything else would be just as intricate.

I wouldn't characterise the soldiers who soiled themselves in terror in the world wars as Starbucks baristas. It was fairly common among men unused to the carnage of war.

Off topic but I would love to see bodily functions and sewage added to Dwarf Fortress (a game which simulates some things in depth). The developer is definitely not into it though and hasn't yet implemented them at all. Raw sewage drowning traps would be amusing.

12 hours ago, CuckooForCaca said:

Idk if wetting and soiling in a video game would add to the realism, even if it was historically accurate.  Bodily functions in a scenario such as the trenches of ww1 would be difficult to implement in a video game without it seeming like a joke, gratuitously gross, or disrespectful.  The problem with ww1 is that its already so filthy, muddy, wet, and noisy that unless you either zoomed way in on a character shitting his pants or had a "amount-of-shit-in-my-pants meter".  In that conflict, shitting yourself was very much a personal indignity and discomfort due to being wet and having feces mash around your lower body for hours or even days due to not being able to safely or logistically clean yourself.  There are stories of soldiers dying because they had dysentery, were about to shit their pants and tried to run out of a trench for a place to relieve themselves and being picked off by a sniper or hit by shrapnel.  

While it is an important aspect of the suffering that those human being endured in that war, a video game is a bad place to emphasize that until we have ways to add smell and touch outputs to computers (don't link me to stuff that's out there, I know it exists and it's all either gimmicky, high-end research stuff, stuff for military simulations, or that reciprocating flashlight thing)

Guest CuckooForCaca
26 minutes ago, Omodeprived said:

Idk if wetting and soiling in a video game would add to the realism, even if it was historically accurate.  Bodily functions in a scenario such as the trenches of ww1 would be difficult to implement in a video game without it seeming like a joke, gratuitously gross, or disrespectful.  The problem with ww1 is that its already so filthy, muddy, wet, and noisy that unless you either zoomed way in on a character messing his pants or had a "amount-of-shit-in-my-pants meter".  In that conflict, messing yourself was very much a personal indignity and discomfort due to being wet and having feces mash around your lower body for hours or even days due to not being able to safely or logistically clean yourself.  There are stories of soldiers dying because they had dysentery, were about to shit their pants and tried to run out of a trench for a place to relieve themselves and being picked off by a sniper or hit by shrapnel.  

While it is an important aspect of the suffering that those human being endured in that war, a video game is a bad place to emphasize that until we have ways to add smell and touch outputs to computers (don't link me to stuff that's out there, I know it exists and it's all either gimmicky, high-end research stuff, stuff for military simulations, or that reciprocating flashlight thing)

You already pointed out that dysentery was a major risk for people historically, which would be a significant game mechanic to implement, and would also feature pants-messing (though the real danger is dehydration). There could be a genuine purpose to such a feature other than fetish reasons.

In all fairness, wet behind the ears cannon fodder, especially those who fell victim to the draft or pro-war propaganda that romanticized the life of a soldier are a far cry from being badasses.

And while dysentery might add a sense of realism to historical games, I'm not sure it fits with more modern settings or games set 20 minutes into the future. After all, while WWI was only just over a century ago, it still predates the majority of modern hygiene practices.

The answer largely depends on the type of game you're making.  It wouldn't work the same for a fun romp as it would for a gritty action game.  Even then, as several people have already pointed out, you would be narrowing your audience down to those few who would be intensely invested in the game, either because of the omo mechanics or in spite of them.  I think there's a reason there aren't many out there that actually cost money.

As someone who is also trying his hand at game development (with RPG Maker, and not an omo game at this stage), I would also add another caveat: if you're interested in making a game with omo mechanics, they'll only add to your workload.  So keep your cast small - there will be less work for you down the line with only four playable characters to worry about as opposed to my game's 20+. (I am either dumb or a mental masochist)

Edited by Ultima01 (see edit history)
Guest CuckooForCaca

An actual omorashi fetish game would hardly sell at all, but a game with bladder and bowels mechanics not explicitly focused on them would. The Sims famously has the ability for Sims to disgrace themselves if they don't use the toilet.

There is actually a game very similar to all this called scum. It’s a hyper realistic survival game where you control an escaped convict on an island. The pride themselves on havingr the most realistic version of the human body. Things include:

bladder and bowels

full digestive system (things take time to be absorbed after eating an drinking)

food poisioning

real diseases 

All that to name a few. From what I know it’s sold well for an early access game.

9 minutes ago, Rukako said:

There is actually a game very similar to all this called scum. It’s a hyper realistic survival game where you control an escaped convict on an island. The pride themselves on havingr the most realistic version of the human body. Things include:

bladder and bowels

full digestive system (things take time to be absorbed after eating an drinking)

food poisioning

real diseases 

All that to name a few. From what I know it’s sold well for an early access game.

I think I've heard about it, it looks really good

The soon to be released Death Stranding seems to have some omo mechanics 🙂 seems like the amount of fluid will be tracked, and you'll have to pee every so often. With that, there may be the chance to accidentally pee yourself in game, but we haven't seen much footage yet 😛 itll be cool to see how that all end out!

I'm honestly surprised nobody has brought that game up yet 😶

Well.

I need to clarify, in my case, I rather see omorashi as fanservice/fetishism than some realistic simulations just for realism of it. But feel free to discuss anything related, I'm kinda curious how people see it.

On 10/5/2019 at 1:44 PM, CuckooForCaca said:

An actual omorashi fetish game would hardly sell at all

Yep, so for example I would rather make an action game with ecchi/hentai, and I wonder should I implement omorashi elements.

I also have an idea about simple games, their I justify time limit in omorashi ways.

On 10/3/2019 at 8:03 AM, jayjayjay123 said:

Think of how many games get released each month. If you make a small indie game, unless you have some very interesting hook, or a great art style it is probably not going to stand out from the crowd.

I agree with jayjayjay123 about what having some aspects may attract attention. I mean, if you make generic action-platformer almost nobody would buy it in 2019 (unless it has cool or unique graphics), but with, for example, hentai animations - you probably would find some audience.

The question is - is omorashi really worth it? And need to figure out with what it will synergize and with what not.

On 10/3/2019 at 12:26 PM, Imouto Kitten said:

Actually, I'm not sure there's much correlation between quality and sales...

I agree with Kitten about quality, probably there is some lower bar, but overall it is about finding people who like things you do and certain aspects. I know some people with not such great skills, who got successful just because they found their audience.

On 10/5/2019 at 1:35 AM, Ultima01 said:

So keep your cast small - there will be less work for you down the line with only four playable characters to worry about as opposed to my game's 20+. (I am either dumb or a mental masochist) 

Haha, I am probably even dumber, I love to make lots of unnecessary details. Like emotions for every situation, or transitions for every possible animations, or hundreds of sprites for a game with gameplay as simple as minesweeper. I guess, I need an actual manager, huh.

22 hours ago, AriesTheRam said:

The soon to be released Death Stranding seems to have some omo mechanics

Yep, it's kinda cool they're not afraid to bring it in their game.