Join over 1,400 members on Discord's largest Omorashi server! Read more... ×

Feeling uncomfortable posting around non-LGBTQ+ folks here

Hey, so I just wanted to ask this out of curiosity... am I the only one who feels uncomfortable posting here, when I know there are people who aren't LGBTQ+ watching? Like, I dunno, it's honestly straight men in particular, I'm not so bad with straight women.

I dunno, I'm just asking because I wanted to do a public hold but I... feel hesitant posting because of that. Does anyone else get that experience?

Listen. I'll be dead real with you. No one is gonna get harassed or abused here on this site. Moderation does not take kindly to discrimination here. So I'd say you're pretty darn safe and secure here! Happy posting! ♡

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, WetDave said:

If I, as a straight man, felt uncomfortable posting here because of gay men watching, what would you say?

Of course we all feel the way we do and are more or less comfortable with people of different orientations. Fine, but we also try not to treat people differently simply on the basis of some characteristic that we may be less comfortable with  

I would suggest that if you don’t feel comfortable with anyone and everyone watching then don’t do it. 

Agreed here with WetDave.  While I am not ‘part’ of the LGBT+ community, I am an ally for anyone in it.  This site is extremely accepting, but also well moderated for those assholes that do slip through.  Hopefully this helps to encourage your exploration a little.

• Upvote 3

I'm straight,  mostly,  but I love gays and trans. They're beautiful, and deserve good friends. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Imouto Kitten said:

(I'm pretty sure at least one person has called me a monster on here for liking pineapple on my pizza).

You monster! Pineapple belongs in a Pina Colada, and nowhere else! 🍹😂

18 minutes ago, slovenc79 said:

drop the group identity crap, be what you are and embrace yourself as an individual, and see other people as individuals and judge them based on their individual qualities rather than group identity. 

This! ❤️

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, slovenc79 said:

well it's simple. LGBT community taught you how to discriminate people based on dumb stereotype that non-LGBT people are all haters of some sort. which is pretty much what ALL identity groups do - turn against each other. we vs. them. that's how hate develops, that's how fights begin and that's how war starts. 

drop the group identity crap, be what you are and embrace yourself as an individual, and see other people as individuals and judge them based on their individual qualities rather than group identity. 

i'm a straight man and i don't mind at all if a gay man watches a video of me wetting myself. 

This. One more time for those that missed it and those still in the 1800s.  I’ve got love for all humans.

On 9/29/2019 at 8:44 PM, Lapis Lazuli said:

Hey, so I just wanted to ask this out of curiosity... am I the only one who feels uncomfortable posting here, when I know there are people who aren't LGBTQ+ watching? Like, I dunno, it's honestly straight men in particular, I'm not so bad with straight women.

I dunno, I'm just asking because I wanted to do a public hold but I... feel hesitant posting because of that. Does anyone else get that experience?

I am LGBT as well- I don’t tbh but you must do what is comfortable for you! I might feel differently if I was female however 

I think a number of posters here are part of the LGBT spectrum, and I haven't detected much criticism or demeaning comments.  Of course there are narrow-minded jerks everywhere, but I think this site is as safe as any.  

I don't think all LGBT individuals think all straight people are homophobes, but I do think many identity groups have a bad habit of, intentionally or not, coming across as thinking the whole of their outgroup personally responsible for all their problems. Or at the very least, the more level-headed members of such groups have a poor track record of keeping their more hot headed peers in line or preventing the radicals from hijacking the banner and becoming the mouthpiece, and sadly, this tends to hurt the cause more than it helps.

Also, love is a strong word, arguably even stronger than hate. There are very few humans I love, but there are also very few humans I hate. To be completely honest, I'm apathetic towards most people through sheer virtue of not knowing them well enough to make a judgment in any direction.

That said, I will speak out against anything I percieve as injustice, whether targetted at traditionally privileged or traditionally unprivileged groups and regardless of whether the target is deemed acceptable by current standards, but in general, I'd say I seldom feel anything stronger than annoyance, irritation, or dislike towards those who disagree with me, and there are people I'd say I like despite disagreeing on things I consider rather important. I try to reserve my hatred for the truly reprehensible, the scum of the earth, the monsters in human flesh, the ones who live to inflict suffering upon others and do nothing to benefit anyone other than themselves not even when it would be to their benefit to help another.

That said, My allegiance is to humanity rather than any nation, race, or other identity, and I even altered the US Pledge of Allegiance to reflect this:

I pledge allegiance, to the whole of humanity and to the world in which we live, one people, under the heavens, indivisible, with liberty and equality for all.

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2019 at 12:44 PM, Lapis Lazuli said:

Speaking as a formerly straight male who just recently had his one-year anniversary with his boyfriend, do you mean males that are not non-heterosexual, or do you mean males that do not support, agree with, or ally to the LGBT identity? There's an important distinction.

If you mean the former, generally, fear not - even when I didn't think I could love another man I openly supported and and was quite comfortable with LGBT individuals. The only ones I had trouble with understanding or accepting initally were trans individuals, but that was over 10 years ago now and only because I had grown up sheltered and had genuinely been ignorant of their existence to begin with, all it took was meeting a few online that were good people to come to understand them.

If you mean the latter, I can understand your discomfort, but do take comfort in the fact that both their opinions cannot hurt you and that any kind of harassment is not tolerated here. If one is targeting you, a friend, or anyone else on LGBT grounds, contact the staff by reporting their post.

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2019 at 4:12 AM, Keita123 said:

It's okay. I can get uncomfortable around gay men as well.

So you'd be uncomfortable around me because I like super cute bois?

I'm sorry but you are coming off as homophobic, bud! As sonic would say, that's no good!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'm lgbtq+ and i kind of understand this somewhat? For me it's just not being able to relate to being a straight male. I'm not really uncomfortable, just unable to relate to being male and straight. However, I'm sure there are some lgbtq+ people on this site.

• Upvote 1

Evil straight white male checking in. I don't really care what you do, as long as you're not emailing it directly to me. That's the beauty of forums like this, the only content you see is the stuff you're looking for.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1