Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Urinals versus toilets (males only)

For me, I like sitting, especially at home. BUT, my favourite bathroom was my uncle's. He had a house with a custom built bathroom. It had a sink, 4 person shower, urinal, commode and a bidet. This was upstairs. There were no doors on the bathroom and it was mostly visible from the office/guest bedroom #2. I loved it because any female who stayed upstairs would go into the bathroom and I could see them shave, shower, pee ... everything. The first time it happened, I thought my uncle and his girlfriend were going to be upset that I woke up and saw her. 

Nope. She didn't care. As long as I didn't get creepy or stalk her, it was natural. My uncle was OK with it as well. I miss that house....

Toilets/stalls since I like to pee sitting.  Don't believe I have used a urinal since like the 7th grade.  I really don't like other guys on-looking while I'm peeing, but I guess for many guys it doesn't bother them.

Stall isn't always idiot-proof though...  There was this time a rather rude man was staring directly at me through that little gap in the door.  I had to say excuse you... do you mind.  I can assume that probably happens in ladies rooms too, but maybe not as awkward.

Don't really have much of a preferance, never really connected my "practical" pees with omo except in very specific circumstances. I spend quite a bit of time outdoors so half the time I just piss on a bush or off a cliff or something, wouldn't be too much of a cowboy in front of total strangers or anything but if it's people I know, I don't care if they don't, my friends have taken enough photos from behind of me pissing off high cliffs that it's just become a bit of a running joke.

I see a lot of people prefer using a toilet and this reflects a trend I have seen through my life. 

30 or 40 years ago a men’s bathroom would have had maybe two or three times as many urinals as toilets, yet the toilets were rarely used so you would still see several using urinals and none or maybe one cubicle in use. 

Now there are more cubicles in modern toilets yet it is common for all the cubicles to be full and nobody at the urinals. At work there are an equal number if urinals and cubicles yet the cubicles are nearly always all occupied. 

Do people these days expect more privacy than they did in the past?

42 minutes ago, WetDave said:

I see a lot of people prefer using a toilet and this reflects a trend I have seen through my life. 

30 or 40 years ago a men’s bathroom would have had maybe two or three times as many urinals as toilets, yet the toilets were rarely used so you would still see several using urinals and none or maybe one cubicle in use. 

Now there are more cubicles in modern toilets yet it is common for all the cubicles to be full and nobody at the urinals. At work there are an equal number if urinals and cubicles yet the cubicles are nearly always all occupied. 

Yeah not thought about this before but very true- apart from sports venues you very rarely see men’s toilets Wouk loads of urinals in use like used to be the case years ago!

15 hours ago, WetDave said:

I think homophobia has sent more men into cubicles to pee, and there may be a greater incidence of pee-shyness.  

Toilets all the way. I don't like the idea of anyone seeing my junk except a future partner.

If a bathroom is empty, I might use the urinal for fun. If the stalls are full but there's nobody using the urinals then I might use the furthest one and hope nobody catches me. But if the whole bathroom was occupied except for urinals next to other people then I don't think I could actually relax my bladder once I did whip it out. I'd just leave and hold on for longer.

...It's also nice to be able to wipe with a square of toilet roll after.

I almost exclusively use toilet stalls from two reasons. I wear female panties and pantyhose even when dressed as a man, so it's a bit embarrassing and also hard to use a urinals, because I have to pull my pants down to pee standing up dressed like that. But I done it a few times in the past, when I was so desperate I would wet myself waiting for a free stall and that would be even more embarrassing. The second reason is, that I often dribble quite considerably after peeing and if I pee standing up, that happens when I already put my penis back in my panties.