Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Good, stretchy material?

I've got a weird-ish idea and I need a bit of help.

So, I've got quite a love for peeing into something and watching it grow, in particular balloons are a big one. But then I had the idea to make some sort of stretchy diaper that I could wear throughout the day, and when I need to pee it just fills the diaper, causing it to expand.

The main thing I need to work out is what would the best material for this be? I don't know if there would be a better forum for this, and I'm not sure if anyone will have an answer, but its worth a shot.

Person who sews here, it depends on a lot of things, depends on the fabric, and depends on your measurements, some cotton fabrics stretch but need to be cut in a certain way so your cloth stretch diaper actually has stretch to it, because it depends on how the fabric is made, spandex, lycra and elastane are also stretchy fabrics

if you do make one hot top, pull the fabric and figure out which way it stretches before laying down a pattern and cutting it, and when it comes to sewing it, pins are your friend for keeping it in place, you dont want it to stretch when sewing it, i can probably make a diagram to explain it better

if this is way off from what you planned to do then sorry for the long reply lol

20 minutes ago, Brittanybunny said:

Person who sews here, it depends on a lot of things, depends on the fabric, and depends on your measurements, some cotton fabrics stretch but need to be cut in a certain way so your cloth stretch diaper actually has stretch to it, because it depends on how the fabric is made, spandex, lycra and elastane are also stretchy fabrics

if you do make one hot top, pull the fabric and figure out which way it stretches before laying down a pattern and cutting it, and when it comes to sewing it, pins are your friend for keeping it in place, you dont want it to stretch when sewing it, i can probably make a diagram to explain it better

if this is way off from what you planned to do then sorry for the long reply lol

So spandex, lycra, elastane and cotton fabrics are good options?

Also a diagram might help as I'm bad at visualizing just off sentences.