Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

University desperation

Hi everyone, I decided to try myself in creating an interactive story, so here I am. I think it's important to tell that English is not my first language, so feel free to draw my attention to my errors.

So first of all I would like to present the situation: I would like to write this story with two main characters (a male and a female) and I would like to ask you guys to decide what should they do. I would like to involve both male and female desperation.
I would like to write this in a modern (university) setting, but you will be able to choose the characters. :)

Female Characters:

Name: Diana
Appearance: short girl with long curly brown hair, glasses
Personality: shy but kind
Hobbies: reading, studying (and she really wants to find Prince Charming)
Work/school: she is studying literature at the university

Name: Natalye
Appearance: tall, sporty, short black hair
Personality: outgoing and honest
Hobbies: running, yoga, walking with her dog
Work/school: she works at the university as a secretary

Name: Jane
Appearance: curvy, average height, long blonde hair
Personality: talkative and outgoing
Hobbies: learning French, planning her future travels
Work/school: she is a phd student at the university, so she has to teach and study at the same time

Male Characters:

Name: Josh
Appearance: tall and thin, short blonde hair
Personality: cheerful and curious about everything
Hobbies: writing stories (and keeping this as a secret)
Work/school: he is studying literature at the university

Name: Ben
Appearance: muscular, messy black hair, charming smile
Personality: everyone thinks that he is a bad boy type but he is an emotional and caring person
Hobbies: playing online games, watching series with friends
Work/school: he works at a café at the university campus

Name: Phil
Appearance: medium height and weight, long brown hair, glasses
Personality: he was a loser when he was a student and now as a teacher he tries to be cool (he doesn't always succeeds...)
Hobbies: hobbies? oh, no, he doesn't have time after preparing for his lessons (but he likes theatre and Shakespeare plays)
Work/school: he just got a job at the university as a teacher

So please choose a male and a female character from the list, and after that we can start the story. 
Thank you! :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm really happy to read your comments and suggestions, thank you! 🙂 I'll change the order of the numbers for the desperation level to be correct. Thank you for reading and have fun! 🙂   D

Josh   When the barista asked him what would he buy, Josh ordered the two coffees first. "Anything else?" the barista asked him and now he seemed to be bored.  Of course, I'm not a pre

Josh   He tried to focus on the lecture and the professor's words. Maybe it was the best decision he made this day because the topic was interesting and Josh started to think that they will ha

I guess we have our winners: Josh and Diana. If you would like to read about the others, it's okay, I would like to involve them too. 🙂 So let's get started!

Diana

Diana was in a hurry that morning because she had to finish reading a book for her next presentation, and she had to study all night. She felt exhausted, but at least she was able to compose her presentation. At the same time she felt nervous because she wasn't really good at talking in front of people.
She wanted to go back to sleep, but she had a lesson starting soon, so she didn't have any other choices, did she...?
That was the moment when she noticed the café nearby the building where her lesson was about to start.

What should she do?
1. Buy a coffee (she may miss the start of her lesson)
2. Hurry to the classroom (maybe she will pass out in the middle of her lesson)

Desperation level: 10/1

Josh

Josh was really bored now. He just wanted his coffee, but the barista was flirting with one of the girls instead of just making her coffee. Okay, Josh knew that he wasn't as pretty as that blondie, but hey, he was a client too! He didn't want to be late, especially because it was one of his favorite lessons.
He sighed in relief when the blonde girl finally left the café, but then he realized that the barista was ready to flirt with any other girls as well. Josh was ready to die now.

What should he do?
A. Ask the barista to hurry
B. Forget about coffee
C. Try to flirt with someone just to entertain himself

Desperation level: 10/1

I agree with above.

Also you said english isn't your first language right? for their desperation level in english it would generally be written 1/10, if it is one out of ten, or ten percent. Don't know if that's a different convention in your native language. 

How it's written implies it's 10 times the max limit of one, for an english speaker.

I'm really happy to read your comments and suggestions, thank you! 🙂 I'll change the order of the numbers for the desperation level to be correct.
Thank you for reading and have fun! 🙂

Diana

She was felt nervous about this whole day, but she didn't really want to miss the beginning of her next lecture, so it was difficult to make a choice. She needed a coffee, it was obvious, otherwise she would fall asleep in the middle of her presentation. Which option was worse? She just couldn't decide and time passed as she was standing in front of the café. That was the moment when she was Josh through the huge window - he was waiting in the queue, and maybe he would buy a coffee for Diana.
They were in the same study group and Diana liked him because of his sense of humour and she knew that Josh was a good guy. He would buy that coffee for her. But should she ask him...? 

What should she do?
1. Ask Josh
2. Buy the coffee herself
3. Forget about coffee

Desperation level: 1/10

Josh

The barista was still flirting with someone when Josh decided to entertain himself with the same thing. He smiled at the cute girl behind him and he started a conversation with her.
"Mornings are always the same" he commented.
"Yeah, Ben is unable to shut up and just prepare coffee" the girl laughed.
"Ah, so he is called Ben. Did he flirt with you too?" he grinned.
"Actually I was trying to ask him on a date, but at the end I gave up."
Buuuurn, Josh. That girl was another fan of the barista.

What should he do?
1. Continue the conversation
2. Look out the window (he will notice Diana)
3. Give up and leave the café

Desperation level: 1/10

About the desperation level: Their desperation level will grow with one point after three posts (as time passes), but there will be other things that can influence their desperation level. For example drinking coffee will add two points, drinking water will add one, ecc. If the characters are nervous their desperation level can grow more quickly. 🙂
Josh

He knew that this conversation was over so he tried to act naturally as he looked around and kept quiet. Fortunately the girl didn't want to talk anymore, so Josh sighed in relief. He suddenly noticed one of his classmates on the other side of the huge window. Even if she was far away from him now he could tell that Diana was really nervous. Maybe she just realized how long the queue was in the café. When the looked her in the eye he smiled at her briefly.
Josh actually liked her and sometimes he thought that they would get along well - if they had the opportunity to talk. So when Diana finally entered the café he raised his hand.

"Hey, Diana" he welcomed her.
"Hi" she walked towards him. "Could you do me a favour?"
"Yeah, of course" he nodded. Too soon, Josh, too soon.
"I'm in a hurry, but I really need a coffee... can you buy one for me?"
"Okay" he sighed, but then he smiled at Diana. "Go, I'll bring your coffee soon, okay?"

"Thanks, you are my saviour" she claimed before she ran away. She literally ran away from him.
Am I in friendzone now? Or worse... in bring-me-a-coffee-zone?!
He couldn't think about this for too long because finally he could step to the barista and buy the his coffee.

What should he do?
1. Just buy the two coffees
2. Buy a bottle of water too
3. Buy a chocolate bar for Diana (maybe she will like him more thanks to the gift)

Desperation level: 2/10

Diana

Diana felt relief when Josh agreed to buy her coffee. She was still stressed by the thought of her presentation, but at least she entered the university building in time. Maybe she has time to go to the bathroom as well. She didn't really need to pee yet, but she liked to visit the bathroom everytime it was possible to avoid being too full.
She stopped in front of the door of the classroom and she just couldn't come to a decision.

What should she do?
1. Go to the bathroom
2. Enter the classroom

Desperation level: 2/10