Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Male body shape/ bladder size?

Guest swe11up

Whilst I can't answer that, I do know that professional eaters claim that having low body fat allows their stomach to expand bigger, allowing them to consume more at a sitting. So it is quite likely the same may apply to the bladder.

2 hours ago, swe11up said:

Whilst I can't answer that, I do know that professional eaters claim that having low body fat allows their stomach to expand bigger, allowing them to consume more at a sitting. So it is quite likely the same may apply to the bladder.

I have evidence supporting both opinions. I know one lady who wasn't able to hold as much in her bladder as she used to after gaining about 50 pounds. When she was slimmer she could hold up to 1200-1300 ml, after gaining weight she barely gets to 1 liter. On the other hand, a while ago I've been talking to quite heavy (like BBW size) lady for a few months, and we've done several holding contests, and she was able to hold around 1800-1900 ml, one of the largest results of my holding partners, so obviously she didn't have issues holding huge amount despite having extra squish.

I'm a guy, extremely skinny, and I can hold at least 2 litres and a bit (haven't gotten an exact measurement yet).  I've always had a somewhat large and strong bladder even when I was younger (just not as much as now), and I've wondered myself if my body shape is why my capacity is so large, or at least one of the contributing factors.  As far as I'm aware, fat on the stomach can limit its ability to stretch, and it'd make sense for the same sort of thing to apply to the bladder's ability to stretch.  Dunno though.

29 minutes ago, Jarvis Langley said:

I'm a guy, extremely skinny, and I can hold at least 2 litres and a bit (haven't gotten an exact measurement yet).  I've always had a somewhat large and strong bladder even when I was younger (just not as much as now), and I've wondered myself if my body shape is why my capacity is so large, or at least one of the contributing factors.  As far as I'm aware, fat on the stomach can limit its ability to stretch, and it'd make sense for the same sort of thing to apply to the bladder's ability to stretch.  Dunno though.

That is exactly what I was thinking- although definetely not an exact science

you must have quite a bladder bulge I would imagine? 🙂

Edited by Wombat48 (see edit history)
1 hour ago, Wombat48 said:

That is exactly what I was thinking- although definetely not an exact science

you must have quite a bladder bulge I would imagine? 🙂

Very much so. XD  It shows a bit before it even starts to get really bad.  It's one of the reasons I came to be happy with my body type (when I hated it before for other reasons, but don't anymore).

Some studies have said that as a generality, because men are, on the average, larger than women in size, their internal organs (including the bladder) are larger as well.  But we know that many individual features don't follow this rule.  There are big people with small ears or noses or genitalia.  There are small people with large ones.  We know that some women on this site have very large bladders and some men with small ones.  Body fat is pretty flexible stuff, so I doubt that it makes a whole lot of difference in the ability of the bladder to stretch.  In the end, I think your bladder capacity is a combination of your genetic endowment, your past holding practices and (very important) your psychological determination.  

So the major holders here are those that were blessed with a large bladder at birth, who have let it fill to capacity often enough to stretch it, and who have the confidence and the determination that they can and will hold their pee until they choose to release.  That's my opinion, anyway!

2 hours ago, WetDave said:

I used to be quite fat but am now reasonably in shape. However may bladder stubbornly remains unchanged at 300ml capacity. 

Lol yeah definetely not an exact science!! 

2 hours ago, Jarvis Langley said:

Very much so. XD  It shows a bit before it even starts to get really bad.  It's one of the reasons I came to be happy with my body type (when I hated it before for other reasons, but don't anymore).

Wel Jel- would love a bladder bulge

1 hour ago, Spectator9 said:

Some studies have said that as a generality, because men are, on the average, larger than women in size, their internal organs (including the bladder) are larger as well.  But we know that many individual features don't follow this rule.  There are big people with small ears or noses or genitalia.  There are small people with large ones.  We know that some women on this site have very large bladders and some men with small ones.  Body fat is pretty flexible stuff, so I doubt that it makes a whole lot of difference in the ability of the bladder to stretch.  In the end, I think your bladder capacity is a combination of your genetic endowment, your past holding practices and (very important) your psychological determination.  

So the major holders here are those that were blessed with a large bladder at birth, who have let it fill to capacity often enough to stretch it, and who have the confidence and the determination that they can and will hold their pee until they choose to release.  That's my opinion, anyway!

I think that sums it up beautifully-,have thought for some time that bladder size and holding ability don’t automatically go hand in hand 

5 hours ago, Jarvis Langley said:

have you shown off your bladder bulge to others either one at at time with people you known or gone shirtless with it full and showing a bulge so people walking by could see it????? i dance shirtless and get some people noticing the bulge when its full. good conversation starter.

3 hours ago, miamiclubkid said:

have you shown off your bladder bulge to others either one at at time with people you known or gone shirtless with it full and showing a bulge so people walking by could see it????? i dance shirtless and get some people noticing the bulge when its full. good conversation starter.

A conversation starter? I'd love to be privy to that kind of conversation haha. What kind of comments do you get from people when they see it?

I may have decent evidence that there (possibly) is one:

I'm an XXL, and my boyfriend is an M. His bladder is definitely bigger than mine is no doubt, though he is quicker to become desperate and can stay desperate for longer.

So its (possibly) an inverse relationship of smaller body = bigger bladder, and I think there is one.

I might get some research data from some friends who are willing to help, but for now this is my evidence.

Edited by Wide
Typos, Typos, Typos. (see edit history)