Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Cannot completely empty bursting bladder

I like to fill my bladder to the absolute bursting point, which is around 1.2 litres, then I sometimes empty it in a bowl to be able to measure it. However, the past few times, I was only able to piss around 4dl, then the flow stops, altough my bladder is still very full. I am not able to piss anymore then, until around 5-10 mins later. Then, the rest of the piss will come out, which is of course a disappointing experience for me. Back in my "younger" years, I never had this problem.

Does anyone have a similar experience? Do you have any advice how to get around this?

How often do you fill your bladder to its "absolute bursting point"? If you do it too often for a long period of time you might develop a condition known as flaccid bladder, a.k.a. lazy bladder. May I suggest  you stop holding for a week or two and see if things return to normal. 

Please note I am not a physician and I offer this suggestion as a possible solution. For reasons I won't go into here, and are not relevant to your situation, I have an extreme case of flaccid  bladder and cannot voluntarily void at all. 

Same for me: When losing it after an extreme hold, about 1/3 (estimated, not measured) comes out. A few minutes later I'm desperate again, and by then the bladder seems to empty completely.

I prefer not go to these extremes. I'd rather forbid myself to squirm and/or hold myself or even do some self-bondage which makes me lose it while still being well in my "comfort zone", so to speak.

2 hours ago, malecon666 said:

I like to fill my bladder to the absolute bursting point, which is around 1.2 litres, then I sometimes empty it in a bowl to be able to measure it. However, the past few times, I was only able to piss around 4dl, then the flow stops, altough my bladder is still very full. I am not able to piss anymore then, until around 5-10 mins later. Then, the rest of the piss will come out, which is of course a disappointing experience for me. Back in my "younger" years, I never had this problem.

Does anyone have a similar experience? Do you have any advice how to get around this?

When I was younger and still able to hold a large volume, I would have the same problem.  I could release, say, 2/3, then the contraction would subside.  After a few minutes I could then void the rest.  I've always attributed it to an overstretched bladder muscle regaining its tone, thus being able to complete the contraction.  Just a guess on my part but I've seen videos of others who void a large volume, then stop, after which they press on their bladders to re-start the contraction, voiding substantially more.  I actually kind of enjoy this!  Now, being older, I have an overactive bladder that forces me to pee far sooner than I want to (sigh)!

I think it's common for people to excrete less than the full contents of their bladders after a strenuous hold, and I think Luvmybladder4 explains it quite well.  After some minutes the bladder may start to resume its normal condition and you can pee out the rest, but sometimes it may take a lot longer.  I think I would spend the next week taking frequent little piddles to see if it gets back to normal.  If it doesn't, you may want to see a urologist.

This is perfectly normal and due to the fact in a long hold you are in fact training your mind to ignore signals from your bladder and therefore your initial release is the bladder overriding the brain and ‘making a point’ that it shouldn’t be ignored. Then the pause is the resetting of the signals. Then when things ‘calm’ enough the brain then receives a second signal from the bladder that it wants release and this time because the bladder has already recently overridden it the brain ‘accepts’ the signal this time, allows your whole body to relax and therefore you can pee freely. 

I hope that makes sense? 

This is why although these experiences can be highly enjoyable they medically and neurologically shouldn’t be done too often or your brain learns not to listen Tom your bladder and you can lose control of your holding power until your body and brain relearn again.