Join over 1,500 members on Discord's largest Omorashi server! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Professional Poker

Has anyone on here thought about playing professional poker someday or just play poker in general?

Doesn't have to be professional poker if you just enjoy it as a hobby.

I like simple 5-card draw, but never really got my head around the more complicated variants... Which seems kind of strange given my fondness for RPGs and their often quite complicated rules(even if I've only ever played computer RPGs where you can ignore much of the raw number crunching).

I'm not quite good enough to play professionally, but I do play regularly. Mostly Texas Hold'em with tournament rules. But, when I'm playing casually with friends or family, I'll also play 5-card draw, Lame Brain Pete, and 7 card stud.

I play pokerstars VR. Its fun.

Posted (edited)
On 8/8/2019 at 12:30 PM, Imouto Kitten said:

I like simple 5-card draw, but never really got my head around the more complicated variants... Which seems kind of strange given my fondness for RPGs and their often quite complicated rules(even if I've only ever played computer RPGs where you can ignore much of the raw number crunching).

Red Dead Redemption 2 has Texas Hold 'em. It's pretty easy to pick up when the game progresses automatically. Doesn't mean I don't suck at it though lol.

But so much is lost not playing against real people. The mind game is at least as important as playing your cards well.

Edited by AliasnameTO

^On a related note, I use to love the Poker-inspired card matching mini-game from either New Super Mario Bros. or Super Mario 64 DS(I can't remember which it was included with or if it was one of the minigames shared between the two).

Does Strip Poker Night at the Inventory count? 

Sign in to follow this